9 Best Hostels To Stay In Rincón Puntarenas – Top Hotel Reviews
Rincón Puntarenas is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Rincón Puntarenas. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rincón Puntarenas. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rincón Puntarenas. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 9 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 9 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Rincón Puntarenas right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Rincón Puntarenas with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
9 Best Hostels In Rincón Puntarenas:
Los Mineros Guesthouse
Located in Dos Brazos, 23 miles from Golfito, Los Mineros Guesthouse features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.You will find luggage storage space at the property.
- We loved the animals <3 ! We also liked the availability and the generosity of our host, and the positive energy, the knowledge, the patience, the extreme kindness of our guide, Chani, who loves his country ! It was an amazing stay, very comfy, and two extraordinary tours (REALLY worth the price, quite cheap for the region). And the food is delicious ! Thank you very much Suzanna !
- The owner is totally fluent in an array of languages, is an entertaining story-teller, has a keen sense of humour, and is both an excellent cook and a gracious host. She anticipated our needs and accommodated our suggestions and requests. Her husband is an exceptional and seemingly tireless guide whose knowledge of the surrounding jungle and its wildlife was evident throughout our walking tour. The common facilities – the dining area, the shower, the toilet – were immaculately clean.
- Staff was more than accommodating. Hospitality was amazing and They quickly became like family!
- Very special place. Susana and Chenni were excellent hosts. We did a great one day hike with Chenni. Description and pictures on website are accurate.
- Great place to stay, especially if you are intending on seeing the jungle. Did over night jungle tour and left walking directly from the guest house. Johnny is very knowledgeable about the jungle and it was a great experience. Suzanna cooks excellent food. Made us feel like part of the family.
Drake Bay Backpackers
One of our best sellers in Drake! Drake Bay Backpackers offers rental bikes, free private parking and free WiFi access throughout.Each bed in Drake Bay Backpacker’s dormitory rooms offers ample storage space, and have walls and curtains between them, providing a great level of privacy. You will also find a fan and bed linen.At Drake Bay Backpackers you will find a local airport shuttle, a 24-hour front desk and a garden. Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge and a tour desk that specializes in community-based eco-tours featuring hikes or horse back riding through rainforests and waterfalls.Drake Bay Backpackers is a small hostel created to provide an affordable alternative to travelers wishing to experience the Osa Peninsula, while simultaneously benefiting the families and wildlife in the region through the promotion of responsible tourism. The income generated by the backpackers is invested in the environmental programs of a local NGO
- Great vibes here, very close to some lovely free walks in the jungle and along the coast. Tranquil, and secluded.
- In the middle of the jungle. Almost everything you need is there! Really worth the money. And the owners are really nice!
- Delicious meals & a cool vibe. Very helpfull owner.
- Very friendly staff, clean, kitchen, free coffee, close to Supermarktes, nice Atmosphere
Incredible place you’d like to call “home” ! As soon as you get there Marvin and his delicious wife will make you feel comfortable in a friendly atmosfere. It was my third time there and like always we met gorgeous people, scientists, nature lovers, of all nationality and ages. No need to say that the evenings and the nights are filled with animations, discussions, games and laughs. Every morning I got up amazed by the place and the breakfast is the cherry on the cake ! My golden retriever, Santi, has even been happier than me for the treatment he has been given.
Marvin is definitely an interesting and merry buddy, sharing his great knowledge about history and agriculture of Costa Rica.
Moreover, the hostel is close to the stores and 20min far from the beach, walking on a precious path.
Casa Gitana Hostel
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, Casa Gitana Hostel is located in Drake. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Drake Bay Airport is 1.2 miles from the property.
Casa Gitana is one of the most quaint little family run hostels I have ever stayed at. Having spent the last three weeks sharing multiple dorm rooms, it was a joy to have my own room and a double bed for the same price! The sheets were changed every day, breakfast was cooked each morning, I felt very comfortable and safe.
Any information you need, the owners give to you, they go above and beyond to be helpful. I particularly enjoyed their small dog ‘Skinny’ as I am an animal person. It had a really lovely family vibe, I was sad to leave after my three night stay.
There is a large choice of day excursions to choose from, I also did a solo day hike to the Rio Claro which had a well trodden trail and so many small beaches to see. The sunset from just up the hill is incredible, you can see the whole bay.
I couldn’t recommend you stay here highly enough, a true pleasure.
- The owners, Edith and Jonathan, are wonderful, helpful, accommodating and so generous with their time and information about the area.
- Hello, we had a very nice time at Casa Gitana’s Hostel. The room was nice and clean and you can have a nice breakfast there. The hosts have been really helpfull with us to book tours for the Nacional Parc and the transportation when we had to leave this beautiful place…
Anthony und judith sind sehr nett und hilfsbereit. Da die unterkunft sehr abgelegen ist wird man mit dem motorrad gefahren. Die lage ist ruhig. Für 6 resp 8 dollar kann man lunch und dinner haben, was fein war
5 min zu fuss zum sehr langen fast menschenleeren strand
De eigenaar van dit hostel is erg vriendelijk. Samen met haar en haar kinderen zijn we naar het strand geweest. Dit is een strand waar geen enkele toerist te zien is. ZALIG dus!
Gracias par todos!
- Casa Gitana is one of the most quaint little family run hostels I have ever stayed at. Having spent the last three weeks sharing multiple dorm rooms, it was a joy to have my own room and a double bed for the same price! The sheets were changed every day, breakfast was cooked each morning, I felt very comfortable and safe.
El Valenciano hostal
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, El Valenciano hostal offers pet-friendly accommodations in Drake. Free private parking is available on site.A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Drake Bay Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. This property is 2 minute walk from the beach. Set in Drake, Martina’s Place offers accommodation with a garden, a terrace and a shared lounge.With free WiFi, this hostel offers a shared kitchen. All rooms have access to a terrace with views of the garden. The kitchen in the hostel is fully equipped and offers free coffee or tea. Some rooms include a private bathroom. Martina’s Place offers all tours to Corcovado or Caño Island. Hiking is among the activities that guests can enjoy near Martina’s Place.Drake Bay Airport is 3.1 miles away.Drake Bay Airport is 3.1 miles away.
- the german version of yahtzee. oh and the smoking section was dope, i’m glad i found it while i waited an hour and a half for her to come back. mostly that it was a perfect inbetween to the grocery store and the beach as well as the easy tour options from reception.
- Everything was fine, very small single room but absolutely fair given the good price. Nice garden, very helpful and friendly staff
- They have a guitar and you can play it plus coffee is free.
Martina’s Place is a great hostel. Located close to everything you need. Perhaps not the most quiet location (motorbikes frequently pass by). Martina and her staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. We had a private room and shared bathroom/showers. Both cleaned everyday. The pillows in our room were the best I’ve ever experienced while travelling!
Martina organises tours as well (what we could see the prices were the same/similar to other tour operators). It was very simple and easy to book with her. She asks you to book a day or two in advance, but when we on our last night decided we wanted to do one more activity the next morning before we left, Martina pulled some strings and we were good to go!
- Lovely hostel in Bahia Drake that also serves as a tour agency for third-party tours. Highly recommend the half-day/night tour into primary forrest with Gustavo. Kitchen is great as are the bathrooms.
Bolita Rainforest Hostel and Cabinas
Featuring free WiFi, Bolita Rainforest Hostel and Cabinas offers accommodations in Dos Brazos. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or garden. Every room has a shared bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hostel and the area is popular for hiking.
This hostel was one of the best hostel I went in Costa Rica. The owner and the volunteers are really nice.
The location was wonderful, what a view… and many animals. It’s a perfect place for the nature lover
- Friendly and helpful staff, very clean, beautiful location.
- The beds were comfortable, we were really in the middle of nowhere. Ron and Val were excellent hosts and the cleanliness was top notch.
- It was a great experience to sleep in the middle of the jungle. If you are looking for a remote place, this hotel is the best. We enjoyed hearing the wildlife at sunset and sunrise. The treks inside the jungle are good and well marked. The bed was very comfy with a nice mosquito net – so no worries about the insects 😉
- This is an excellent place for anyone who wishes to go stay in the middle of the rain forest. There is no luxury yet it is very comfortable, sleeping, cooking and relaxing. A unique experience to walk and explore the rain forest on well maintained trails.
- This hostel was one of the best hostel I went in Costa Rica. The owner and the volunteers are really nice.
Utopia Tica Organic Farm & Hostel
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Utopia Tica Organic Farm & Hostel offers accommodations in Dos Brazos. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms.There is a shared kitchen at the property.The nearest airport is Drake Bay Airport, 22 miles from the property.
- Great place without any tourism, great location,pure nature. Sorry for not meeting Francois,anyway we enjoyed Utopia he’s been working on.Definitely it has vibe! Thanks aswell to his volunteer Josef for everything! Gracias ! PURA VIDA. 🙂 🙂
- Besides the incredible landscape on the shore of the tiger river and the birds garden with banana trees and the big orange flowers, you can expect free yoga teaching every morning and free local coffee.
- Free Yoga was super cool! The owner is super friendly, you feel very welcome and he is always connecting with the backpackers! Loved my time there, was hard to leave!
- Quiet place. The owner was very nice and offered us organic fruits grown in his backyard and organic coffee grown by native indians. We also took awesome pictures of hummingbirds in the garden and were able to chill by the river.
- Stunning location. We stayed in the private cabina which was simple but comfortable and had everything we needed, including hot water in the outdoor bath/shower. Fantastic location for bird watching as many beautiful birds visit the surrounding bushes, particularly in the early morning. Francois was a wonderful host and went out of his way to help us with a leaking vehicle as well as helping my husband when he was ill. He also gave us beautiful organic lemons and a papaya from his farm. My kids loved his puppy Le Chien and I enjoyed yoga on the deck with Kelly.
Corcovado Jungle Hostel
Featuring free WiFi and a barbecue, Corcovado Jungle Hostel offers accommodations in Drake. The hostel has a terrace and water sports facilities, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.There is a shared kitchen at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as snorkeling, canoeing and hiking. Drake Bay Airport is 3.7 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Corcovado Backpackers offers accommodations in Drake. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.
- Corcovado Backpackers is located in a small village in the mountains, you feel like you’re staying right in the jungle. That makes it very special! You can hear a lot of animals and even see animals like Tucans in the garden and relax in the hammocks. Or you can do hikes or tours on which the host Mike is very helpful! Mike is a super host, he organised my tour to the National Park and gave me a lift whenever I needed to get to the beach to catch a boat. This hostel was just perfect, I’d love to come back sometime!
- A big and comfy house. In the jungle and very relaxing. On the top floor amochs to relax. A full kitchen to cook. Mike, the host, is a very enthusiastic naturalist and very helpful gay. I hurt my finger foot and he straight way help me with ice and a bag to hold the ice. He can give you a lift to the beach free,. He fetched us from the airport and let us shopping in the supermarket. He took us to town at 6am to get the boat to La Fortuna for a trek in Corcovado. A great experience to be there. He show us some animals and picked for us some coconuts.
- Wonderful host, peaceful location, super facilities, big, lovely room, kind local people around, tucans in the garden, place to enjoy, relax and contemplate
- The house is very nice and I had it all for myself. Mike helped me a lot with my little adventures 🙂
Mike is a very nice guy who helps you with anything and tells you amazing stories from his days in the jungle.
The house is located on the edge of the tropical forest with tucans and macaws in the garden. If you’re lucky you might even see a tapir. The dorm is built openly so you really feel like sleeping outside. The whole house, especially the kitchen and bathroom, are really well equipped!
We spent four nights at the place and although it was raining the whole time, we had so much fun. Mike organized a trip to the park for us. It was just six people and a great guide so we were able to sea many animals.
If you want a real jungle experience different from the usual touristy places, this is it.
Mike, you’re the best!
Lenn & Ina
Top Hostels In Rincón Puntarenas Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Rincón Puntarenas to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Rincón Puntarenas but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Rincón Puntarenas. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!