8 Best Hotels To Stay In Portage Wisconsin – Top Hotel Reviews
Portage Wisconsin is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Portage Wisconsin. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Portage Wisconsin. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Portage Wisconsin. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 8 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 8 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Portage Wisconsin right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Portage Wisconsin with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
8 Best Hotels In Portage Wisconsin:
The Ridge Motor Inn
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Ridge Motor Inn offers accommodations in Portage. The hotel has a hot tub and sauna, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Dane County Regional Airport is 30 miles from the property.
- Great location with ease of access to the interstate, stores and eateries within walking distance, and the pool/hot tub/sauna/workout facilities were nice. This property has a lot to offer and could charge more. A little updating by painting and cleaning/changing the carpets could really make this place shine and they could easily charge 50% more. I’ve never been somewhere with more accommodations.
Didn’t expect breakfast.
Dino’s was exceptional, expect TripAdvisor review!
..room guide to inform, signage for poolpass?
These were found.. but last stay, when newer in 1987!
Keys, nostalgic decor!
Energy wasted, blocked ac fins? missing filter?
Pool..plugged in inoperable water fountain?
- there was a nice restaurant/lounge connected to the hotel; the prices were reasonable. also the sauna was very nice
- The set up of the room, the whirlpool tub, and the cleanliness
- The location is very dated however it is SUPER clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice. VERY inexpensive.
Days Inn Portage
Featuring free WiFi and a hot tub, Days Inn Portage offers accommodations in Portage, just 17 miles from Wisconsin Dells.Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Dane County Regional Airport, 25 miles from the property.
Indoor pool and hot tub. Close to Cascade.
I place to rest your head.
1. Breakfast better than any other budget hotel
2. Sufficient distance from highway to have peaceful sleep
3. Hot tub
- Room & Bathroom was smaller than we are used to but Food @ breakfast was fine and had a good nites rest.
- I enjoyed my stay at days inn portage because of the following. they served breakfast which is really a plus. had a pool. was a short walk from a dairy queen and subway as long as a trucker stop with a restaurant inside. When I went it was really quiet at night and the beds were really comfortable. also, the dells were only a short drive away which was nice.
- Easy access from freeway, clean, comfortable. Nice stop off on trip from Toledo to MN
- Indoor pool and hot tub. Close to Cascade.
Comfort Suites Wisconsin Dells Area
Located in Portage, 17 miles from Wisconsin Dells, Comfort Suites Wisconsin Dells Area features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. Enjoy a cup of coffee while looking out at the mountains or pool. The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Dane County Regional Airport is 25 miles away.
- After a super long day, my stay at Comfort Suites was just what I needed. My room was spacious, in a quiet area and incredibly clean. The staff was so friendly and seeing them interact with customers & children when I was checking was refreshing. Breakfast the morning was great. I enjoyed the variety, but more specifically; the blueberry mini waffles! I will definitely book my stay again when I am back there for work in a couple months!
- The upgrades to the facility were very nice. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was very good.
- We were extremely happy with everything about this hotel. The breakfast was more than we expected. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. We are already looking forward to going back.
- We had a suite. Great for the kids to spread out in the room. Close to the dells.
- I liked the Cleanliness…Promptness of Service…Friendly Staff…Warm and Welcoming environment ….
Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center Portage
Located in Portage, 15 miles from Wisconsin Dells, Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center Portage features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Dane County Regional Airport, 30 miles from the property.
- Excellent continental breakfast. A ton of variety and fresh!
- Amazing continental breakfast! The room was cozy and I enjoyed the 4 fluffy pillows on the bed. We enjoyed swimming and sitting in the hot tub.
- great bkfst, friendly staff, clean rooms and public areas.
- Pool and hot tub area was clean but full of rowdy teenagers wothout parents
The pool & hot tub were quiet and we had that space to ourselves most of the time.
Breakfast was ok.
Room was ok.
Staff were excellent!
Devil’s Head Inn
Showcasing a hot tub and ski-to-door access, Devil’s Head Inn is located in Merrimac. The inn has a seasonal outdoor pool and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room has a TV with cable channels. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, an ATM and a gift shop at the property.This inn has a ski pass sales point and bike rental is available. There are lots of activities in the area, such as skiing and biking. Wisconsin Dells is 16 miles from Devil’s Head Inn, and Madison is 27 miles from the property.
- The view was great and the staff was very friendly
- Great hill, slopes well maintained. Friendly staff.
- Skiing was great, groomed slopes, good value, good instructors (kids lessons) but could be better organized, sign up early
- I liked nothing about this resort except the fact you can ski up to the door.
- Location of property, remote area. (Ski resort, beautiful fall colors!)
Lodi Valley Suites
Less than a 6-minute drive from Lake Wisconsin, this Lodi hotel features free Wi-Fi and a TV with cable channels in every room. A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning.A microwave and a refrigerator are included in each guest room at Lodi Valley Suites. Ironing facilities are also provided in every room.A heated indoor swimming pool is featured on site at Valley Suites Lodi. The front desk is available 24-hours a day.Veterans Memorial Park is less than a 3-minute drive from this hotel. Madison, Wisconsin is 25 miles from the property.
- Terrible, the place should be looked at and shut down. Serious violations
- LARGE ROOMS… Very clean. Early check in and very accommodating. Nice touch with light breakfast items.
- The location near Lake Wisconsin and the Wisconsin River is very good.
Plenty of parking because there were no other guests
Clean but outdated
- The person who checked me in was very nice and friendly
Quality Inn & Suites Lodi
Located in Lodi, 26 miles from Wisconsin Dells, Quality Inn & Suites Lodi features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi.Every room is equipped with a TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Dane County Regional Airport, 15 miles from the property.
- I ended up with food poisoning the night of our stay. When I asked for a bucket to take home with me they provided a bucket with bags to make cleanup as easy as possible. Thank you.
- This is our second overnight visit in the last 2 months. We come to ski at Cascade Mtn which is pretty close to the hotel. Will come again – great value and comfortable!
- Staff helpful and friendly. Location quiet. Good breakfast
- Our stay was perfect. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I was kind of located “in the middle of nowhere”, meaning there is nothing around it. But it’s right off the highway and was close to both ski hills we were going to.
- I got in late and Bob at the front desk was very friendly and informative.
Thunderbird Motor Inn
This Baraboo, Wisconsin hotel is 9 blocks from the Circus World Museum. It features a casino shuttle service, free Wi-Fi, and pet-friendly guest rooms. Rooms include a cable TV.A microwave, fridge and coffee maker are provided in all rooms at Thunderbird Motor Inn. The simply styled rooms also offer a private bathroom and individual climate control.Motor Inn Thunderbird is within a 15-minute drive of Devil’s Lake State Park and the Mid-Continent Railway Museum. Baraboo Golf Club is 3 miles away.
- My boyfriend and I stayed at Thunderbird Motor Inn for one night and we will definitely consider going there again! The room was nice and big with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Everything was nice and clean. The place looked well maintained. I liked the price and how it was people friendly. The location couldn’t have been any better. I thought it was nice that there were already extra pillows in the room and a load of extra towels too! This maybe a little weird but I loved how there was a outlet where I can charge my phone in between the two beds….usually it’s hard to find outlets in a hotel room that is not being used and that is close to your bed where I like to plug in my phone and use it as an alarm.
- Reasonable, clean rooms. Front desk lady was wonderful! Such a nice lady.
- Large clean room; refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker; comfy beds; nice tub/shower; GREAT price.
- the 1st room I had the bed mattress was horrible,I ask to change which was promptly done- my second room was just fine.
- Convenient location, clean and well maintained at a reasonable price.
Top Hotels In Portage Wisconsin Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Portage Wisconsin to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Portage Wisconsin but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Portage Wisconsin. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!