8 Best Hotels To Stay In Loen Sogn og Fjordane – Top Hotel Reviews
Loen Sogn og Fjordane is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Loen Sogn og Fjordane. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Loen Sogn og Fjordane. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Loen Sogn og Fjordane. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 8 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 8 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Loen Sogn og Fjordane right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Loen Sogn og Fjordane with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
8 Best Hotels In Loen Sogn Og Fjordane:
Olden Fjordhotel’s guest rooms feature classic décor and a private bathroom. Satellite TV, a seating area and a work desk are standard in each room. Most also offer a balcony and scenic fjord views.The on-site restaurant and bar serves a traditional Norwegian buffet. Fjordhotel Olden has a spacious library where guests can relax and unwind with a book. Free private parking is also available.Stryn Summer Ski Centre is a 45-minute drive away. The Briksdalsbreen glacier, ideal for hiking, is about 13.7 miles away. Guests can also rent a bicycle, 650 feet from the hotel, to explore the scenic surroundings. The village Loen and the Skylift cable car are both 2.8 miles away from the property.
- Excellent location, well appointed room. Excellent food selection & quality. Good & friendly service.
- The view from the room is super! The balconee is a +
- It’s on a Fjord in Norway near a couple of glaciers and that’s exactly what we wanted. Largish comfortable room with a view and a balcony. Parking right outside. Easy to drive to other towns and sights. The breakfast is comprehensive. Staff were friendly and very helpful.
- Good location and helpful hotel staff.. We checked in one hour early and it went so smooth, the rooms were done and no problem regarding checking in. Food was excellent. Nice overlooking scenery at the restaurant and hotel rooms, with a good sofa to seat in. Would highly recommend this hotel! Very good service!
- Nice feel to hotel. Efficient staff. Great location. Balcony to room.
Visnes Hotel Stryn
All guest rooms at Visnes Hotel Stryn have traditional furnishings. Each room has a seating area and a private bathroom with shower.From mid-June to mid-August, traditional Norwegian dishes based on local produce are served at the in-house restaurant. Other facilities include a terrace, garden and library.Briksdalsbreen Glacier is a 45-minute drive away. The Geiranger Fjord is 46.6 miles from Visnes Hotel.
- This was a beautiful renovation of an old historical hotel. Our hosts were very warm and welcoming and gave us useful information.They have made a beautiful place to stay.
- The vintage house and its fascinating history backed up by old pictures. Owners extremely nice and advising with great details.
We liked the balcony with the view. Tea is included.
The hospitality was great and we got great tips about the area.
- Charming and characterful hotel. Owners very friendly. Hotel very peaceful and relaxing after a busy day. So unlike the typical chain hotels.
- Great location. The hotel is family managed old typical norwegian house furnished to style. Bed comfortable and bathroom equipped. Great choice of food for breakfast with typical dishes to try.
The classically decorated guest rooms have private bathrooms and free WiFi. Some rooms are located in an annex and some feature canopy beds and private balconies with fjord views.Hjelle Hotel’s restaurant serves a 3-course dinner daily and the on-site shop sells local crafts and products.Leisure options include a sauna and gym. Rowing boats can be borrowed. Hiking, cycling and fishing are popular area activities.Stryn Ski Centre is 30 minutes’ drive away. Free parking is available at Hjelle Hotel.
- Friendly and hospitable. Excellent 3 course dinner the best we have experienced so far in Norway. The chef does care about his cooking.
- The best views we have seen in Norway at a hotel. The breakfast was really good too. The rooms are clean and considerable and the location is quite private and far away from the crowds. Staff were really polite and overall we had a lovely stay and wish we stayed longer.
- Had a lovely stay here, one night only. Had a cabin like room overlooking the mountains and lake, beautiful! Very comfortable. Relaaxing. Fantastic breakfast with perfect views. Quite place. Serene.
- We travelled by road trip, this hotel really supprized us. With good view such like lake, Glacier, we love this place very much. Good location with 10 mins drive to next town. I will come back again in my next visit to Norway and wish to stay longer. Hotel serve dinner by prior booking, nice n romantic set up. We enjoy the view and the food.
- This is the best place we’ve been in Norway! Brand new room with excellent bathroom, amazing view, and a gorgeous breakfast! Wonderful place, super friendly and prestative staff (the owner and his family), fantastic view, and perfect location if you are with a car, or motorcycle!
All rooms at Stryn Hotel include satellite TV, a work desk and a private bathroom with shower.The in-house Gulkoppen, serves a traditional Norwegian buffet as well as a varied menu. Guests can relax with a drink in the bar.The surrounding town has stores, bars and restaurants. Nearby recreation options include hiking, fishing and swimming.
- Location is really nice.Near bus station and supermarket. Staff are friendly.Bed is great. Room is big.
- Receptionist was nice and helpfull, nice room, location was good, breakfast was good.
- Excellent location, super view from our room, very good breakfast
On d frst day my daughter spilled milk on the bed and a lady staff came and with smile on her face changed everything.
Location is too good to enjoy geiranger, briksdal glacier, loen, olden.
The male staff on the reception provided me with the timings if ferry from helleyset to geiranger and infact helped me to decide the perfect day for it to avoid cruise passengers.
- The breakfast is quite good. The hotel is just beside river and has a good view over it. Walking distance to grocery store.
All of Innvik Fjordhotell’s guest rooms include a work desk, and most have a TV and a balcony.The in-house restaurant serves home-cooked meals inspired by traditional Norwegian cuisine. Other facilities include a beach volleyball court, garden with barbecue area and a common TV room.The surrounding area is popular for fishing. Fjordhotell Innvik is about 15 minutes’ drive from Utvik Mountain. Briksdalen and Fjærland are within 1 hour’s drive.
- The landscape. The breakfast. The very helpful staff
- Medium sized hotel, friendly helpful staff and good value
Location at water side
Great view from the room
Very friendly staff
Good dinner and breakfast
- Beautiful panoramic view from the room. Quiet. Good coffee at breakfast.
- Lovely views. Helpful reception – loaned us an iPhone charger which was a big help
All units at Briksdalsbre Fjellstove have views of the Briksdal River and a private bathroom with shower. Rooms include an electric kettle and work desk. Cottages include a kitchenette and a living room with a seating area and flat-screen TV.Traditional Norwegian dishes are served at Fjellstova Restaurant, which features panoramic views of the nature surroundings. Packed lunches are available on request.Staff can help arrange guided tours and excursions. A souvenir shop is located next to the hotel.The small village of Olden is 13.4 miles from the hotel. Sandane Airport is a 1.5-hour drive away.
- Staff were extremely accommodating, very pleasant, efficient and friendly. Parking was excellent, with recharging facility as a bonus. Accommodation was comfortable and clean and breakfast was good.
- Proximity to the glacier entrance, indoors parking. Beside the river
- Really idyllic place and ideal for a walk to the glacier early in the morning before the “tourisitic rush”. We were here in pre-season (First week of June) and the amount of bus travellers was still moderate (4-6 big busses in the morning). The parking direclty next to the rooms (under a roof) was a nice plus. There also was a “general kitchen” (for all the rooms) in the building. It had a fridge (the room has none.) Generally recommended: Walk up “Kattannakken” instead of the standard trail to the glacial lake. Even if you only get up the first 100m altitude, your view will be much better (and less croweded). The touristic shop is, well, a touristic shop. You know what you can expect.
Amazing place in a more amazing location. We were astounded by the dramatic landscape coming into Briksdalsbreen, then everything just added up to an extraordinary experience. The cabin we had was clean and nice and homey. We loved every second because a 1500-foot waterfall was crashing behind us a few hundred feet away and a river rushed by us even closer. The trees were filled with a dozen different bird songs. The sound was heavenly.
Add to that, a great breakfast, lovely people, a trip to the Briksdal Glacier, and it was a perfect experience. This is for people who want poetry. While the area that feeds up the canyon to the glacier has many tourists, the cabin is free of people and is just surrounded by the brilliance of falling water, canyon light, and towering mountains.
- Perfect location. Inside wild nature. Glacier and waterfalls around. Hytte was really convenient. Clean and well equipped.
First Hotel Raftevold
A seating area, flat-screen TV with satellite channels and private bathroom with shower are featured in all the modern rooms at First Hotel Raftevold. Most have a balcony, and some offer views of the lake or surrounding mountains.Staff can arrange fishing activities on the lake. The large, furnished garden backs on to the mountainside. During summer, guest can eat outside and enjoy the nature.Situated in the scenic area of Grodås, First Hotel Raftevold is 25 minutes’ drive from the UNESCO-listed Geiranger Fjord. The Briksdal Glacier is a 1-hour drive from the hotel.
- Very disappointed overall. The room was very basic, the bed was uncomfortable & the hotel had a bad atmosphere. We were booked in for 2 nights & left after 1. Moved to Hotel Union Geiranger…perfect.
- Make sure to update your room, so that you can enjoy the view of the deepest lake in Europe. There’s a shop across the road, unfortunately it didn’t work as it was a holiday the next day. So we’ve tried the restaurant for the dinner and the food was OK. There’s limited parking space in front of the hotel, but the parking across the road is free of charge (it was a holiday though, but I presume it is always free of charge).
- Rooms very nicely refurbished, good value for money. Stayed for just one night, but would have been happy to stay more. Breakfast was good, staff really kind and helpful.
Nice view from room and our room had a balcony facing the lake, furniture basic but for the price it is quite good. No reason not to stay here, however, do not expect high class finish. It is however clean. Make sure you have eaten befor 21h30 as afterwards there is no food or dinks available in the entire town includding hotel. Not even slotmashines anyware. Daytime, Spar is 50m away and quite handy.
Due to the location, I will overnight here again if needed.
- The hotel is the best in town, for every one whom staying there try the apple pie it’s was the best one I’ve tasted ever!!!
Private bathrooms are standard in Hotel Videseter’s rooms. Most provide mountain or valley views.The in-house restaurant has a cozy fireplace and serves traditional Norwegian dishes. A living room is also available for relaxation.Stryn Summer Ski Center is within a 10-minute drive of Videseter Hotel. The Geiranger Fjord is 25 miles away.
- The view is spectacular, the room was clean and nice and the bed was comfortable, loved the bath tub.
- Fantastic location in the nature. Very kind staff with good advice about walking path.
- Beautiful location overlooking the Hjelle valley ??
- The owner was helpful and nice. The location was stunning due to the beautiful view of waterfalls, snowy mountains, and forests.
- Location, Friendly staff and waterfall next to the hotel
Top Hotels In Loen Sogn Og Fjordane Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Loen Sogn og Fjordane to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Loen Sogn og Fjordane but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Loen Sogn og Fjordane. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!