7 Best Hotels To Stay In Big Sand Highlands – Top Hotel Reviews
Big Sand Highlands is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Big Sand Highlands. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Big Sand Highlands. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Big Sand Highlands. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 7 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 7 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Big Sand Highlands right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Big Sand Highlands with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
7 Best Hotels In Big Sand Highlands:
The Old Inn
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Close to a small fishing harbor, The Old Inn has free parking and free Wi-Fi, near the Flowerdale Valley. The Old Inn is situated about a 1.5 hour drive from Inverness.Each room at The Old Inn has a private bathroom, TV and tea/coffee facilities.The Old Inn’s restaurant serves a menu of local seafood and game, using good local produce. The cozy lounge and public bar offers real ales.The Old Inn is ideally located for bird watching and sailing.
- Excellent breakfast. Cosy area with an open fire. Next to a beautiful stream and a 1km walk to a beautiful sandy beach.
- Very pleasant stay, think this would be lovely in the summer, plenty of outside seating.
Accommodated need to not walk too much
food was lovely
Staff were extremely helpful.
- The food was excellent and the staff were first class. We ate in the restaurant on all 3 nights. breakfast was also very good. The hotel was nice and warm
- Very Nice Hotel and the Staff were very helpful. All in All Excellent.
Loch Maree Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, Loch Maree Hotel offers accommodations in Letterewe. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a TV. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the mountains or lake. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. Extras include bathrobes and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as skiing and hiking. Ullapool is 20 miles from Loch Maree Hotel, and Torridon is 9 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 48 miles from the property.
- We love this hotel and this is the second time we have stayed here. Stunning location overlooking Loch Maree – we even had deer visiting in the garden. The hosts are very friendly and make you feel most welcome. The hotel and all rooms are spotlessly clean. The evening meal and breakfast the next morning were excellent and the hotel has a very well stocked Gin bar for my wife 🙂
- Peace and tranquility! With some deer in the garden thrown in for added measure!
- Location and views were stunning. The tame red deer a bonus
- Hotel in full is lovely and very comfortable, lounge, bar and rooms.
Location on Loch Maree was beautiful; 2nd floor room much nicer than 3rd floor.
Restaurant and staff very good.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Poolewe Hotel offers accommodations in Poolewe. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Ullapool is 19 miles from Poolewe Hotel, and Torridon is 16 miles from the property. Stornoway Airport is 41 miles away.
- The member of staff who greeted and served us at breakfast was friendly.
- Excellent breakfasts and the meal we ate, and saw, were very good
- We took potluck with this property but were delighted. Situated in a small village, it had comfortable accommodation, off-street parking, good food and great atmosphere. Wish we had stayed longer.
- Very traditional little Scottish small-town hotel. We were in an annex out back, and it was just fine. The best feature was the restaurant. Great dinner, beyond expectations, great breakfast – with kippers, no less. Would go back any time.
Very nice rooms.
Excellent evening meal and great staff.
Gairloch Highland Lodge
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Located in Gairloch, 23 miles from Ullapool, Gairloch Highland Lodge features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms are fitted with a TV. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.Portree is 28 miles from Gairloch Highland Lodge, and Torridon is 13 miles away. The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- Poor breakfast , food cold and not a lot of choice
- Staff were lovely. There was a lounge room where we could play chess or watch TV and there were toys and books for my daughter. The honesty bar was also a nice touch.
- Beautiful room with harbour view. 2 minute walk to the harbour. Great breakfast and comfy lounge bar.
- Very well located with access to good sister inn for dinner. Spacious family room.
- Beautiful part of Scotland. Helpful host. Able to provide gluten free products for breakfast.
This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Situated in Gairloch, The Millcroft offers 3-star accommodation with a bar. Free WiFi and free parking is available.All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom, while most rooms offer sea views.Guests can enjoy a full Scottish breakfast or continental breakfast. The restaurant at The Millcroft serves local cuisine. During the winter months, the kitchen serves a reduced bar menu.Gairloch beach is 1 miles from the property.Ullapool is 23 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Inverness Airport, 77.7 miles from The Millcroft.
- The bedroom was well fitted out with quality appliances and powerful shower
- This hotel was ideal for a one night stop on the north coast 500. Don’t judge a book by its cover…the room was great and bed very comfy. Breakfast was good as well.
- Hotel going through an upgrade in facilities and decor. Friendly and efficient staff. Choice of bar areas (one with an open fire). Very good en suite. Good food and overall cleanliness. Nice views.
Comfortable and clean room, modern facilities
Good coffee at breakfast
- Relaxed, clean and comfortable. It had a good feel about it! The breakfast was amazing, the sticky toffee pudding is to due for and the staff were exceptionally welcoming
Gairloch Hotel ‘A Bespoke Hotel’
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Gairloch Hotel ‘A Bespoke Hotel’ offers accommodations in Gairloch, just 23 miles from Ullapool. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Portree is 28 miles from Gairloch Hotel ‘A Bespoke Hotel’, and Torridon is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- This hotel was perfect, my room had an amazing views, the staff were friendly and professional , i would highly recommend staying here, close to the heart of Gairloch
- Very good value. Food was excellent and staff were helpful and friendly.
- The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was very good and the setting excellent.
Tasty breakfast. The staff were lovely and the location was great. We had 2 little dogs with us and there was a small beach opposite where we could let them off.
There were comfy chairs in the lounge. Overall, it was excellent value for money. We would go back to this hotel.
- Room was lovely and the staff were extremely helpful
Myrtle bank hotel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Myrtle bank hotel offers accommodations in Gairloch. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is available.There is luggage storage space at the property.Ullapool is 23 miles from Myrtle bank hotel, and Portree is 29 miles from the property. Stornoway Airport is 41 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Top Hotels In Big Sand Highlands Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Big Sand Highlands to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Big Sand Highlands but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Big Sand Highlands. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!