6 Best Hostels To Stay In Manchioneal Portland – Top Hotel Reviews
Manchioneal Portland is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Manchioneal Portland. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Manchioneal Portland. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Manchioneal Portland. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 6 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 6 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Manchioneal Portland right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Manchioneal Portland with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
6 Best Hostels In Manchioneal Portland:
IRIE Vibez hostel
Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, IRIE Vibez hostel is located in Port Antonio in the region of Portland, just 28 miles from Kingston. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms include a shared bathroom.There is a gift shop at the property.The nearest airport is Norman Manley Airport, 29 miles from IRIE Vibez hostel.
This is a start up hostel with a very friendly staff. The food is AMAZING! Definitely the best I had on the island. Wayne, the chef, hooked it up!
The property itself can use some work but overall its a good value. Alessandro and crew are more than accommodating and helpful. The location is right off the main road and away from the town itself in a nice quiet community.
Port Antonio itself is a gem of a place with lots of nature in the surrounding areas. I dream of such a place!
- a bit removed(in a subdivision a few kilometers from town) but easy access via route taxi
- We loved our time here. Alex and Alanzo were great and made us very welcome. We recommend doing Reach Falls with Alex the local way and you must try Alanzo’s cooking it’s the best 🙂
Im Hostel wurden wir von Alex herzlich begrüßt und er zeigte uns Alles. Am 1. Tag ging das Wasser nicht (da es aber in der kompletten Siedlung nicht vorhanden war konnte keiner was dafür) aber seine Mutter hat uns ausgeholfen.
Es ist kein typisches Hostel – wir waren am 1. Tag komplett alleine. Da das Hostel mitten in einem Wohngebiet liegt, sollte man keine Angst haben. Die Anwohner und auch Alex Freunde sind sehr lieb und haben uns gleich super freundlich aufgenommen – wir haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt. Hier kann man das „real-Jamaica“ kennenlernen und sich lange mit den Einheimischen über Gott und die Welt unterhalten – beim nächsten Trip gerne wieder 🙂
Update bzgl der Lage: Strände und Einkaufsmöglichkeiten sind nur per Root-Taxis zu erreichen (ca 100-150 Jmd pro Person)
- Gute Lage, von da aus ist die Stadt und die Strände gut erreichbar (nicht Fussläufig), Frühstück einfach aber frisch und gut, nettes und hilfsbereites Personal
- This is a start up hostel with a very friendly staff. The food is AMAZING! Definitely the best I had on the island. Wayne, the chef, hooked it up!
Wave Uprising Guest House
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, Wave Uprising Guest House is located in Port Antonio. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hostel and the area is popular for hiking. The nearest airport is Norman Manley Airport, 32 miles from Wave Uprising Guest House.
No reviews yet.
Winnifrenz Hostel offers accommodations in Port Antonio. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms have a shared bathroom equipped with a bathtub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also provides car rental. The nearest airport is Norman Manley Airport, 31 miles from Winnifrenz Hostel.
- Amazing experience, Jonny and Michael are amazing people that will help you on everything you need!!! 😁 totally recommend
- The staff was extremely helpful and have us the best advise on how to maximize the staying there.
- Jonny has a glimpse of paradise on that magic place called fairy hills. He’s very deep person who’s really aware of the environment and I truly enjoyed to have conversations with him. Jonny and Michael gave me infinite pointers about what to do and where to go. I was coming from Ocho Rios and there’s no comparison between the two places. I felt like part of the community over there, the amount of nature is overwhelming. If you’re looking for a family to host you you should most definitely go to Jonny’s hostel. You’ll feel the shanti Rastafarian vibe with all the lovely people around, just trying to make a living out of nowhere. I highly recommend this spot and I might be already planning another trip there soon. top notch coffee… 100% Italian/Blue mountain – Michael is a legend!
We as a couple had first booked 2 nights but added 3 more for a longer stay. Johnny, his mom and her friend were so nice and welcoming. Johnny answered to every question we had and recommended places. We had the room with kingsize -bed and got 2 fans, we could use the fridge and the kitchen to make breakfast. Bathroom is shared, and shower provides only cold water but wasn’t a problem for us cause the days were very hot.
The location is excellent. Port Antonio is about 15-20minute taxidrive away, costs 150JMD. Winnifred beach is very near and other beaches in a short taxidrive distance (Boston beach, Frenchmans cove, Blue lagoon). No wifi, but Johnny lets you lend his mobile hotspot if needed.
Special thanks for our new years eve -dinner by Johnnys mom and her friend, it was for the best they prepared our pasta as italians and not us 😀
- Very lovely, home-like feel! Great big yard in the front, Jonny will make you feel very welcome and be able to answer all your questions. It is just ten or fifteen minutes to walk to Winnifred Beach, one of the best in the area (and free!)
Green wood villa
Green wood villa offers accommodations in Port Antonio. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a CD player are available.The nearest airport is Norman Manley Airport, 30 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Moonrise Hostel Jamaica
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Moonrise Hostel Jamaica offers accommodations in Port Antonio.Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room.The hostel also provides free use of bicycles. The nearest airport is Norman Manley Airport, 27 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
One of our best sellers in Port Antonio! Porty Hostel is located in Port Antonio, just 27 miles from Kingston. The hostel has a barbecue and terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as snorkeling and diving. Norman Manley Airport is 27 miles away.
- We stayed here one night in order to catch an early bus from the Knutsford station back the Montego Bay airport. Checking in was easy and the hostel was near to some great restaurants. The shared bathroom was clean and there were no issues with sharing it. We stayed in Fairy Hill during our trip to Port Antonio but we would have preferred to stay in Port Antonio in hindsight. Port Antonio is a fun, cool town with lots of great food options.
- Chris, the hostel manager was very professional, very helpful and always there to assist. He made the stay very pleasurable and made me very comfortable to be in Jamaica for the first time. I would recommend Porty Hostel to anyone, it is small and intimate so makes a great place to meet locals and other travellers.
- The location was ok – residential neighborhood with 10 min walk to downtown and nice local bars close by.
Stefano is the boss! If you need help, Stefano will give you the best information and tip about Jamaica. Also you can meet a lot of locals and other travellers as well. Totally recomended! Nearby you can find by route taxi (100j’s-400j’s) you can find Blue Lagoon, Boston Beach, Winifred, Longbeach, Reach falls…… PARADISE!
Real Jamaica waiting for you!
Love Port Antonio!!
- Stefano was a great host and gave good tips on where to go. The surroundings are amazing.
Top Hostels In Manchioneal Portland Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Manchioneal Portland to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Manchioneal Portland but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Manchioneal Portland. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!