5 Best Resorts To Stay In Algonquin Highlands Ontario – Top Hotel Reviews
Algonquin Highlands Ontario is beautiful and has lots of resorts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best resorts in Algonquin Highlands Ontario. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Algonquin Highlands Ontario. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Algonquin Highlands Ontario. To see which resort sounds better than the other, we created a top 5 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best resort and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 5 resorts of which we think are the best resorts in Algonquin Highlands Ontario right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular resorts in Algonquin Highlands Ontario with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
5 Best Resorts In Algonquin Highlands Ontario:
Oakview Lodge & Marina
Located in Algonquin Highlands, 14 miles from Minden, Oakview Lodge & Marina features a sun terrace and views of the lake. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Each room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is available.There is a shared lounge at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as skiing and fishing. Algonquin Park is 29 miles from Oakview Lodge & Marina, and Huntsville is 28 miles from the property.
Location – pretty setting by the lake in a quiet cul de sac with close access to hiking trails
Staff – Anna and Greg were welcoming hosts who ensured our stay was comfortable
Food – dinner was exceptional and the breakfast that was included wasn’t your typical boring continental breakfast, it was made to order from several options
The food was delicious. We had the lamb shank which was tender and plentiful. Breakfasts were equally well catered for with an excellent choice- we tried the French toast, mushroom/Swiss cheese omelette and eggs benedict- all delicious!
Family friendly accommodation- take your slippers/flip flops as boots/shoes are left at entrance. Makes you feel at home!
- The property is lovely and perfectly sized, the owners are amazing and the area is very lovely.
- It was very cozy with great view from some of the rooms and the dining room. Staff were very friendly and made us feel at home.
- The proprietors were exceptionally helpful and made our trip really one to remember. Thank you for the wonderful hospitality. The location by the lake is superb and we really appreciate the experience of seeing the lake up close.
- Location – pretty setting by the lake in a quiet cul de sac with close access to hiking trails
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Heather Lodge offers accommodations in Minden. The resort has a private beach area and ski-to-door access, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith satellite channels, as well as a CD player are provided. Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. Enjoy a cup of coffee while looking out at the lake or garden. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can play pool at the resort.
- Great experience. The Lodge was very welcoming and comfortable. The food was simply amazing. Excellent value and we would definitely book again.
- Great free breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The towels and robed were so soft! Private hot tub that you could reserve for an hour- great idea.
The amenities and details of the room made our stay extra special (read: private hot tub/sauna and duvet on the bed)
The food was outstanding and the staff were lovely.
The staff couldn’t have been more welcoming!
Also the food was amazing,if you stay definitely have dinner!
- Lovely view from the dining room. Excellent breakfast with lots of choice. Nice hot tub. Thoughtfully furnished. Comfortable in every way.
Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course
In the Haliburton Highlands, this resort is surrounded by an 18-hole golf course. An all-year indoor pool and seasonal outdoor pool are available on site. All rooms feature an outdoor sitting area.Blending country-style and modern décor, rooms at the Pinestone Resort, Conference Centre, Spa & Golf Course have free Wi-Fi. Select rooms include a fridge and spa tub.Off of the golf course, guests at the Pinestone Resort can relax in the full-service spa. Heatherwood Restaurant is also on site, featuring international dining options.Though a fitness center is available on site, guests can also enjoy hiking at Haliburton County Rail Trail, 11 minutes away. Sir Sam’s Ski & Summer Resort is a 30-minute drive away.For those hosting business meetings, Pinestone Resort has 10 conference rooms to suit your needs.
- The staff very friendly. The breakfast was good and reasonably priced. The restaurant was decorated beautifully.
- The pool, close to Sir Sam’s Ski hill, close to restaurants in Haliburton.
- The maid staff were fantastic. Especially the supervisor (which I didn’t know was a supervisor until told by the front desk) she went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. (There was no lock bar or comfy chair in my room and when I went to leave for a visit she was in the hallway. She asked if my room was ok and I mentioned the bar and chair. Upon return a few hours later they had provided another room with chair and lock bar ? Fantastic staff
- Everything. Would be better if breakfast was offered
- The bed was very comfortable and the room nice and quiet.
Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa
Located in Haliburton, 18 miles from Minden, Sir Sam’s Inn & Spa features free WiFi access and free private parking. The resort has a hot spring bath and hot tub, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and slippers.There is concierge services, ticket service, luggage storage space and a gift shop at the property.This resort has a private beach area, water sports facilities and a ski pass sales point and bike rental is available. You can play tennis at this resort, and the area is popular for skiing and biking.
was there 5 years ago and it has been let go!
-2 jet areas in the “water spa” were broken and wouldn’t work, the water was cold
-found 3 rodent poison traps in my room
-the glass doors on the fire place were fixed with a paper clip inserted into the hinge
-all the wood for the fireplace in our room was wet
-the receptionist/bartender/? did not know how to mix specialty coffee and did not have all the ingredients
-there was garbage on the front porch
-no hot water in the cleansing shower, and the bucket for the “cold plunge” had metal piece half hanging off
-there was mould and a lot of drywall damage to the ceiling in the pool area
-there was no cloth in our room to shower with, only towels
we will likely will never return
- The staff was excellent and very friendly. The resort was quiet. Food was excellent. The manager deducted some money off of the bill when we mentioned some drawbacks.
- The restaurant was closed due to construction. They called in advance to let us know which was nice and we still decided to go. The spa pool area is nice!
- We loved the water spa and the location and views. We also felt the wait staff in particular Charlene and Jade in the restaurant were amazing. Front desk staff were pretty good.
- Charlene at dinner Food superb.Spa great.Good skiing
- was there 5 years ago and it has been let go!
Showcasing a playground and sun terrace, Halimar Haus is located in Haliburton in the region of Ontario, just 10 miles from Minden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV with satellite channels and DVD player, as well as a CD player are provided. Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. There is a coffee machine and a kettle in the room. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub.This resort has a ski pass sales point and free use of bicycles is available. A number of activities are available in the area, such as skiing and windsurfing.
No reviews yet.
Top Resorts In Algonquin Highlands Ontario Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best resorts to stay in Algonquin Highlands Ontario to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best resort because there are just so many places to stay in Algonquin Highlands Ontario but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best resorts in Algonquin Highlands Ontario. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!