5 Best Hostels To Stay In Mendexa Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Mendexa Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Mendexa Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mendexa Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mendexa Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 5 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 5 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Mendexa Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Mendexa Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
5 Best Hostels In Mendexa Basque Country:
Lekeitio Aterpetxea Hostel
All bright rooms are heated and come with a private bathroom with shower. There is a gift shop at the property.An array of activities is offered in the area, such as horse riding, windsurfing and diving and more tourist information and materials are provided at reception.Set on the mouth of the river Lea, the property is within 1 hours’ drive from San Sebastian, Bilbao and Vitoria. A public parking is 350 feet away.
- Great location. Easy parking. 10 min walk to the town and beach. Friendly and helpful staff.
- Very warm welcome from owners who carried our cases to our upstairs bedroom. The owner phoned for a taxi to take us into town and recommended a restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble and again on departure, we were helped with our luggage.
- Friendly, helpful host. Even arranged close car parking due to my wife’s poor mobility. Comfortable room, good shower, very comfortable bed. Near bus station for trips to Bilbao and San Sebastian etc.
- The double room was clean and comfortable and above average size. The owners are very helpful and friendly and we would certainly stay there again if we are in the area. It is an easy short walk into town.
- Bed super comfortable, great shower and lovely location. Would go back
The hostel has a terrace.San Sebastian is 29 miles from Usandi Aterpetxea, while Bilbao is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 18 miles from the property.
- Rafa the owner is a gentleman and made us feel so welcome to the Basque region. We had walked the camino and this property is 5* luxury compared to other hostel properties of the same price. Thank you Rafa from your 3 Irish girls.
- The property was very clean and nice! We arrived quite late at night and they were accommodating for our late arrival. No problems, it was a breeze (:
- El entorno encantador, limpio, acogedor, ideal para ir desde allí a las ciudades cercanas.
- La amabilidad del dueño,casa moderna,baño muy amplio en habitación para 2 (litera)
- El sitio está rodeado de un paisaje verde muy bonito. Cerca de un riachuelo. Bien comunicado en coche y parada de autobús a unos 15 minutos andando. Cocina bien equipada con vajilla, horno, microondas, neveras, lavadora y lavavajillas. Todo muy limpio
Mundaka Hostel & Sports Cafe
The hostel offers shared dormitories and private rooms with air conditioning and lockers. All rooms have access to a shared bathroom with a shower.There are various restaurants serving characteristic Basque cuisine within a 5-minute walk of the properties. Upon request the hostel can organized various activities, such as windsurfing.Mundaka Train Station is 650 feet from the property and Bilbao Airport is 12 mi away.
- Great place for the value the staff was very helpful and good food. Awesome place to stay!!!
- Location perfect. Parking was tricky but manageable (not sure the same would be true in the summer). Facilities/bathroom were all mostly clean, as were sheets etc. The waves were firing so I can’t be too fussy (5 mins walk from the port)! Spacious lockers with key provided by the bed.
- The hostel could not be closer to the main peak at Mundaka
- Understand, this is an albergue, not a hotel. The facility is large and modern. Mundaka is small so it is well located. The restaurant is pretty good for the price and serves large parties easily. But the fare is simple and pretty ‘fast food.’
- All the staffs are amazing there,we had really good time,spending the night talk with them,they told us the surfing story of mundaka,and a lot of more.Mundaka is the most beautiful town I have ever been.first we stayed 3 nights there,after one week we back again.pretty sure 2017 we will back to this little paradise soon 🙂
Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika
At the hostel, rooms have a closet.A continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Bilbao is 10 miles from Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika, while Vitoria-Gasteiz is 31 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 8 miles away.
- The location and the house itself are great! The host is very nice and the little dog Lolita is the best 🙂 Thank you for the breakfast!
- The property is gorgeous and feels like you’re in the country. The resident dog, Lolita, is a gem. I liked the outdoor kitchen and seating and the ability to buy the items I wanted to cook. Decent prices.
- Super clean. Spotless. €6 for a bottle of surprisingly tasty wine. Bedroom with shower was modern. Water was hot. Towel provided by alburgue host. Funky outdoor kitchen for pilgrims use.
- The Albergue is situated in the hills away from the congestion of cities; it was a haven of serenity after walking for hours on the Camino. It surpassed my expectations.
- Struttura meravigliosa, un’oasi di pace lungo il Cammino del Nord. Bella la veranda con la cucina esterna per prepararsi la cena (non ci sono ristoranti nei dintorni, siete in mezzo al nulla). Ambiente tranquillissimo, rustico. Su richiesta preparano la colazione.
Albergue ABARAXKA Aterpetxea
There is a shared lounge at the property.Vitoria-Gasteiz is 29 mi from Albergue ABARAXKA Aterpetxea, while Zarautz is 11 mi away. San Sebastián Airport is 29 mi from the property.
- Booked this hotel for the location, breath-taking! Our room although basic (no television) it had a mountain view and was very nice, clean and comfortable, with an outdoor terrace to sit out on in the evenings. The restaurant was lovely, but as we had our dog with us, we had to eat outside, the food was lovely. Parking was also a bonus and there was a nice outdoor area for children and easy access for walking our dog. Would definitely stay here again!
- Very simple hotel, good for one night. Good restaurant
- Location. views. Friendliness and helpfulness of staff. Dog was able to go for a run after dinner.
- Staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough especiall the lady that booked us in —- Information was given, places to visit and even the bus timetables—She also did the breakfasts —- she again was excellent and catered for our every need without us even asking.
- Ascenseur pour accessibilité, literie confortable.
Top Hostels In Mendexa Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Mendexa Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Mendexa Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Mendexa Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!