5 Best Hostels To Stay In Banff Alberta – Top Hotel Reviews
Banff Alberta is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Banff Alberta. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Banff Alberta. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Banff Alberta. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 5 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 5 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Banff Alberta right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Banff Alberta with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
5 Best Hostels In Banff Alberta:
YWCA Banff Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, YWCA Banff Hotel offers accommodations in Banff, just half a mile from The Banff Center.Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.
- Everything. I was in a double room for me alone and it was always clean, calm and confortable. Kitchen downstairs is perfect prepared and people was really nice and helpful any time.
- Amazing location. Nice staff and a nice way to meet people while travelling.
- Spacious room with queen bed, view of mountain, close to downtown
- Location, price & a clean, quiet, comfortable room made for an enjoyable stay
- The rooms where warm and clean and staff where super friendly and helpful
One of our best sellers in Banff! Showcasing a ski pass sales point and ski storage, Samesun Banff is located in Banff in the region of Alberta. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as skiing and hiking.
- The location was decent, the beds were comfy, underground parking, good bar with cheap drinks.
- Staff are really easy to get along with. Breakfast is nice for a hostel and the common room and bar are very handy
- The bar was great, cheap food (for Banff) and my room had it’s own washroom!
- Great location, close to grocery, liquor store, other shopping, dining, and steps away from the bus stop where you can access ski resorts via free bus. Communal kitchen with pretty much all the cooking equipment you could need. A great common room. Good WiFi connectivity. Adequate breakfast. Lively pub (full bar) with reasonably priced food and drinks and lots of activities. Craft beer and cider on tap! Underground parking garage but if full, there is ample street parking. At least there was in winter during my stay. Large locked storage room to keep your ski/snowboard equipment. Free towel rental.
Centrally located, easy access to ski shuttles and town, bar serving good food and drink at very good price. Relaxed atmosphere and most of all felt very safe as a solo traveller. Helpful staff and for a hostel had pretty good amenities.
Other reviews have commented on noise from the bar – my room was the closest to it and although you could here the music on an evening I wouldn’t say that it was excessive. Partition doors were closed to minimise noise and keep bar visitors out of guest areas. I never resorted to earplugs…. even on karaoke night!!
Banff International Hostel
Showcasing a ski pass sales point and ski storage, Banff International Hostel is located in Banff, just 0.9 miles from The Banff Center. Free private parking is available on site.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play darts at the hostel.
- Located in the near downtown area, good breakfast, friendly staffs, good environment for making new friends.
- The breakfast was good, there were lots of options to eat. Being able to leave our bags at the depot, after checking out, was something that helped us on the trip. The beds were comfortable and had curtains for our privacy.
- This hostel is AMAZING! Completely clean and comfortable!
Staff were very friendly
Close to the main area of Banff
Lots of international plug sockets in rooms
- Staff could accommodate us all in one room. They we’re very helpful.
HI-Banff Alpine Centre
Located 1.2 miles from The Banff Center in Banff, HI-Banff Alpine Centre features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. The hostel has a barbecue and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.A TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.This hostel has a ski pass sales point and ski storage and bike rental is available. You can play pool at this hostel, and the area is popular for skiing and biking.
- I loved how private it was and easy to get around the town. They give you a bus card to travel in town which is a huge perk. Staff were so nice.
- The bed was good. Handy bedside tables and hooks behind the door for jackets. Can open the window to get fresh air.
- Staff is friendly. I asked for lower bunk bed and they did their best to accommodate my request. Linen is fresh and the washroom is always clean. Located away from busy town area so it is quiet and peaceful stay (bus token is provided for free). Walking distance to Hoodoo lookout point where you can kill your time if do not wish to travel far.
- Some staff were pretty helpful & informative. Free parking. Decent breakfast, good value for money. Clean toilets. Free shuttle bus to Banff town.
- I liked the warm ambiance of the women’s dorm building with the fire place and the high celing.
HI Canmore Hostel/Alpine Club of Canada
Offering guest kitchen facilities, HI-Canmore / Alpine Club of Canada is located 2.8 miles from Canmore city centre. Access to free bicycles is available. Free WiFi is included.Mountain views can be enjoyed from each room at HI-Canmore. Shared bathroom facilities are provided for all rooms. A family room features kitchenette facilities.A shared lounge including 2 gas fireplaces and a games room are provided for guests of Alpine Club of Canada/HI-Canmore. A furnished terrace offers views of the surrounding area.Silvertip Golf Course is 4 miles from this hostel. Canmore Nordic Centre is 14 minutes’ drive away.Hostelling International is a membership organisation. All non-members can purchase a membership card upon arrival or an additional fee will be added to the room rate. See the fine print for more details.
- The Boswell Cabin was beautiful, we stayed for two nights, both of which were very enjoyable.
- Such an incredible view – especially at sunrise! HI Canmore has a great, spacious kitchen, beautiful fireplace room and the hostel is very clean. We really enjoyed our stay.
The location, the installation and common rooms are great.
Very kids friendly.
- Great cottage at a beautiful location for a price that would hardly give you a dormitory bed in Banff. Kind staff, very helpful for any hiking recommendations. We shared the large cottage with only 1 other couple, and it had everything you need (own bedroom with good beds, spacious living room/kitchen, balcony with great view)
- good views from the balcony, cosy readings rooms, very nice lady at the reception providing us with insider information
Top Hostels In Banff Alberta Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Banff Alberta to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Banff Alberta but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Banff Alberta. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!