10 Best Resorts To Stay In Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang – Top Hotel Reviews
Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang is beautiful and has lots of resorts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best resorts in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang. To see which resort sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best resort and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 resorts of which we think are the best resorts in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular resorts in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Resorts In Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang:
Baan Chid Talay
Located in Ko Chang, 22 miles from Ko Mak, Baan Chid Talay features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking. The resort has a barbecue and a private beach area, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.The rooms include a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.The nearest airport is Trat Airport, 11 miles from Baan Chid Talay.
- Awesome, calm, romantic place. If you have car or bike or motorcycle, it’s really comfortable to live here. It’s value that they don’t charge you for your pet. Beach is with stones ( not big), but it’s not a problem, you can wear slippers. We swam here every day. Friendly staff and owner. It was nice they treated us with coconuts.
EVERYTHING!!! I didn’t want to leave …
The best place to stay in Koh Chang! The hosts and staff are the most amazing, welcoming people ever… they really care about you, they show how committed they are to make you feel good here…it is like being with your own Family. Me and my boyfriend were in many others resorts in the area, and far this is the best- spotless rooms, great hosts, affordable rates, all in one package! Plus, for those who are really looking for a paradise experience this is the side of the island to stay… the other side is crowded, busy, dirty… when we got at Baan Chid Talay we said to each other, now we are in Thailand! STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!!
We could only stay for 2nights unfortunately. So peaceful and quiet on the east side of the island. It is expensive to take a taxi there, most preferring to take the herd to the busy west coast. The owners are so gracious,perhaps contact them with your arrival time and I’m sure they would meet you at the pier. Very comfortable lodging,
- Een rustige omgeving met een heel vriendelijk en zorgzaam echtpaar wat het runt. Er staat altijd koffie, thee en wat lekkers wat je mag pakken. Als je wat wilt weten of nodig hebt kan je vragen en het wordt gelijk opgepakt/ geregeld.
- De rustige ligging, de eenvoud van de omgeving, vriendelijke eigenaren en staflid.
Garden of Joy
Located in Ko Chang, 24 miles from Ko Mak, Garden of Joy features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The resort has an outdoor pool and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the lake or garden. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is available.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Car rental is available at this resort and the area is popular for canoeing. Trat Airport is 10 miles away.
- Absolutely gorgeous gardens, beach, and bungalows!
Very nice place. Very nice and helpful owner and staff
Nice, comfortable, quiet room
Very good breakfast. Very good restaurant with very reasonable prices
Nice swimming pool and seafront location. Not really a beach but nice views
Very large and well-maintained grounds
Free pick-up and drop-off at bus station
All in all, we were very happy with our stay, can very highly recommend and would stay again.
Very good breakfast and restaurant.
The boss Alain is very helplful, professionnel, and try to do the best for everybody.
Motorbike and car hire good rates
Peace and tranquility.Excellent breakfast
Staff and owners personal attention
Amber Sands Beach Resort
One of our best sellers in Ko Chang! Located in Ko Chang in the region of Koh Chang, 25 miles from Ko Mak, Amber Sands Beach Resort features a year-round outdoor pool and terrace. The resort has a private beach area and water sports facilities, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find slippers and free toiletries.There is free shuttle service at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including snorkeling, biking and canoeing. The resort also provides free use of bicycles. The nearest airport is Trat Airport, 9 miles from the property.
Excellent place, was perfect for us and just what we needed. No problem with the dog coming too.
Very relaxed place, lovely beach, food was amazing and staff service was great.
- This is a true paradise, a little gem on the east coast! The resort is gorgeous, very well maintained, flowers everywhere, the beach is clean, the food is devine and the staff is lovely, helpful and want to make your life even more easy. We stayed for 8 nights and it was just bliss. Oh do try the basil smash cocktail !!
- A small, family run business that made you feel it was a home away from home. We ate most meals here during our week stay and all were excellent! Very helpful with arrangements of any kind.
- This place is a paradise. If You are looking for quiet place, outside of the Island centre then this is exactly what You are looking for. Place is clean with own, beautiful beach. Bungalows are in good condition, Staff is great, especially the owners.
- Absolutely beautiful room and location. Simon, Ning, and Lek and the delightful staff made our four day stay perfect.
- Excellent place, was perfect for us and just what we needed. No problem with the dog coming too.
Na Tara Resort
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, Na Tara Resort is located in Ko Chang in the region of Koh Chang, just 18 miles from Ko Mak. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Enjoy a cup of tea from your terrace or balcony. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find slippers, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service at the property.The nearest airport is Trat Airport, 16 miles from Na Tara Resort.
- I liked everything about the hotel. The staff is very helpfull. Good laundry service as well. The food was perfect.
- The location, the swimming pool, the arrangement of the benches and bridges. Fruit in the fridge oh no was nice enough to open the restaurant in the evening just for us. If you don’t have a car or a motorbike, there is no other place to have food.
- Poor service and do not trust their advertisement
- Jättefint hotel, men ligger lite avsides. Tyst och lugn på kvällarna.
- ทำเลสะดวกสำหรับไปงานวิ่งเกาะช้าง รร. บริการรถไปส่งนักวิ่งตอนเช้า โดยอยู่ห่างจากงานวิ่งเพียง 15 นาที
Serenity Resort Koh Chang
One of our best sellers in Ko Chang! Featuring free WiFi, Serenity Resort Koh Chang offers accommodations in Ko Chang. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the sea, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is available.There is room service at the property.This resort has a private beach area and bike rental and car rental are available. The area is popular for biking and canoeing. Trat Airport is 10 miles away.
We loved everything about this resort.
It’s a tiny hideaway for people looking to relax & unwind.
Great view,comfy bed,excellent service,clean swimming pool,delicious food & relaxed ambience!!
I actually liked the fact that it’s located away from the center.We had a great time riding bikes & venturing out.
We wish to come back again for a longer holiday xx
We loved everything the moment we walked into this resort. The scenery was beautiful and tranquil. Very friendly staffs. So relaxing even for someone like me who does not relax easily. Don’t really feel like going out since lying on the beach or by the pool could already take me all day.
Good Thai food and good Cocktail. What a bless to sip a cold drink while looking at the water and listening to the sound of wave.
Great conversation with the owner’s Dad. A very interesting gentleman from England. Always so informative and helpful.
Love this place.
- Facilities excellent and the food outstanding. The Chef Thip is incredibly talented and so accommodating in making Thai food suitable for children and vegetarians.
- Everyone was so friendly and helpful. All my requests were accommodated. The resort area was excellent and so beautiful. Cannot wait to go back there.
- Great choice. It overall exceeded our expectations. Staff and the owner with his father take great care about their hosts. I would definitely come back. Their meals were very tasty every day, the best we’ve had in Thailand so far. The beach is not as nice as the white one on the other side of the island, however it’s only about 10 minutes by motorbike and it’s more like an advantage, because it makes the place very quite and private.
- We loved everything about this resort.
Showcasing a barbecue and views of the river, Faulis Cottage is located in Ko Chang, just 20 miles from Ko Mak. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.Trat Airport is 15 miles away.
I give a 3 to 4 note to everything as nothing was like ‘wooow’ but nothing was bad either.
I liked how the place is a bit outside of all the crazyness of the island. If you rent a scooter (be careful!) and want peace, it’s a good place. The owner and his staff are nice even though I didn’t see them much lol. Inside the bungalow everything is pretty good. AC is there but I didn’t use it – was impossible by night. But there is a FAN that does the job.
Koh Chang accomodations are a bit expensive but this one is good for the budget.
Not really a negative point but almost everyone there is German. Do not go there if you want to avoid them or want to meet people from other countries.
- Staff very friendly and knowledgeable about things to do on the island, excellent breakfast, Scooter for rent available
We had an amazing stay at the Faulis Cottage! Not only are the bungalows clean and comfy, offering all you need, but the staff will make you feel part of the family! So friendly, helpful and open minded – it was a real pleasure to spend three days with these lovely people. We definitely would have stayed longer if we didn’t have to go back home that soon..
About the location – don’t get puzzled that it’s far away from the main road – it’s not! It is actually a good spot if you want to explore the island – from there you can reach even the East Coast easily. And you can rent a motorbike directly from Wolle (the owner), which is extremely convenient. He also gave us a free drop off to the main road, when leaving.
The breakfast was also delicious, prepared just for you!
Would definitely recommend and will stay again when visiting Koh Chang!!
- Very nice staff, very good breakfast, very good motorbikes…perfect…
- Incredibly accommodating hosts and incredible breakfast with fresh baked bread from local bakery! I was so pleased with the hospitality of the German couple who run the place!
- I give a 3 to 4 note to everything as nothing was like ‘wooow’ but nothing was bad either.
Privacy Resort – Koh Chang
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Privacy Resort – Koh Chang offers accommodations in Ko Chang. The resort has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the mountains, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a shower. A TV with satellite channels is available.There is a tour desk at the property.The resort also provides bike rental. The nearest airport is Trat Airport, 16 miles from the property.
- Really satisfied with the whole stay of 7 nights. Top: Clean bungalow, Steve and Lilly gave us many infos on what to do on the island, delicious breakfast.
The hosts are very nice. The are doing almost everthing to make the stay as convenient as possible. Even if there is no shuttle service Lily and Steve are organizing a pickup at ohne of the piers.
They are also organizing tours such as snorkeling, diving etc.
The breakfast is very good and they took care of providing a gluten-free breakfast. The bungalows are very clean and nicely located sourrounding the pool.
Since the Ressort is located at the east side of the island a rental car or scooter is needed. Last can be rented from the owners.
Very well kept and quite spacious bungalows with modern equipment, very nice surroundings with the pool. Wifi worked excellently and the couple that run the resort, Steve and Lily were very helpful with any information about trips, places to eat or to go. Helped us to arrange transportation, gave some tips for our further travelling in the area. They had some toys ready for our daugther, swimming equipment for the pool and enjoyed her presence.
The location is great for exploring eastern part of Koh Chang with great coffee place just around the corner.
- On the quiet side of the island, so a perfect location. The hosts (Steve and Lily) are an amazing couple, making the stay so much more than expected 🙂 great breakfast options and possibility to park your car
- I like that it was peaceful and far from the crowded area. Lily and Steve are very nice and accommodating and helpful.
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Ko Chang, 21 miles from Ko Mak, Watercolours features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.You will find a tour desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this resort and the area is popular for canoeing. The resort also provides car rental. The nearest airport is Trat Airport, 15 miles from Watercolours.
Klong Prao Beach is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, tranquillity and the oceanside.
- Cosy and close to the beach . And Eric is very helpful during we are there for two days . Gave us a free ride to centre and back to hotel 😊
- Unique situation on the river, but in easy walking distance fron lovely beaches.
- I had a fantastic stay at Watercolours. Marianne and Eric were so welcoming and always went the extra mile – seeing the fireflies was awesome. My room was very clean and comfortable, and had a lovely view of the lagoon. Breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced (as was the 24-hour bar). Kayaks were on hand for a paddle to the beach (also only a 2 min walk away) or up the lagoon. Would definitely stay here again if I return to Koh Chang – had a fabulous time.
- It has a very good location in a quiet place, room was clean and spacious, all the facilities you may need were available. Owners are very helpful and always available. Everything was spot on. The only thing I would add is a bedside table lamp.
I love the peacefulness. The scenery. The layout of the rooms.
Everything exceeded my expectations
TP Hut Bungalows
One of our best sellers in Ko Chang! This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a barbecue, TP Hut Bungalows offers accommodations in Ko Chang, just 23 miles from Ko Mak. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is provided.The nearest airport is Trat Airport, 13 miles from the property.
Kai Mook Beach is a great choice for travelers interested in scenery, friendly locals and the oceanside.
- Had a pleasant stay here. Definitely more than I expected. Since I’m used to islands without hot showers. My Bungalow definitely had decent hot showers, and a fan. The outside hammock was great for relaxing too.
It is a good option for its price. Room is very basic but clean. It is nice that it is located in the middle of the jungle.
They have mosquito nets in the windows which are really helpful.
They can arrange a motorbike rental for you so do not book in the harbour straight away when arriving.
- Jungle like setting that was relaxing but close to beaches and other facilities.
- The bed was comfy and little hut was nice. Besides the bathroom everything was good value for money and for backpackers who are mainly just looking for a room to sleep in, it’s sound.
- Lovely clean bungalows set in beautiful flora and for a.
Aana Resort & Spa
One of our top picks in Ko Chang.This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Located along Klong Praow Beach in Ko Chang, this resort offers contemporary accommodations with views of the river, pool, garden or mountains. It houses 5 dining options and a spa.Aana Resort & Spa’s spacious rooms are equipped with a private balcony and a dining area. They come with a daybed and a TV with satellite channels. Modern bathrooms feature bathtub and shower facilities. Some rooms offer a private plunge pool.Guests can kayak, swim in the resort’s outdoor pool, or go on a fire fly tour. The resort also has a fitness center and souvenir shop which offers personalized gifts.Thai specialties can be enjoyed on board the Dinner Boat Cruise. Situated by the river, The Cinnamon serves both local delights and international dishes. A variety of beverages are available at the resort’s 3 bars.Aana Resort & Spa is a 40-minute flight from Bangkok, followed by a 25-minute ferry ride from Trat’s Aow Thammachart Ferry Pier.
Klong Prao Beach is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, tranquillity and the oceanside.
- Perfect mix of luxurious little bungalows in jungle like garden and amazing landscape. Extra plus for the soft beds and free kajak renting.
The location is great and the beach is nice and clean – really good with the boat shuttle to the beach. We had a room on 3. floor with a view to the pool and the river. It seems, that the rooms on lower floors are quite dark because of the plantation in front.
The breakfast is fine and with a big variety for every taste. The staff there are smiling and service minded.
The park is really beautiful and well kept.
As stated before the resort isn’t brand new anymore, but in fact this doesn’t matter at all. It perfectly fits into the nature, absolutely beautiful with little bungalow huts, bridges, boardwalks, small rivers.
There are two pools on different levels, restaurant directly at the river.
Beach with almost no people only a few minutes away by kayak.
Spacious room with nice big balcony.
Staff all in all friendly and helpful.
- It is veryfitpro beutiful buy The river but only a few hundrade meters from The sea. It is quite and peacefull and have shuttle boat to The beach only 2 min away. The only staff that wasabin not upp to standard was in The restaurant.
- As is typical throughout Thailand, the staff was pleasant and gracious. Decent breakfast buffet included
Top Resorts In Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best resorts to stay in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best resort because there are just so many places to stay in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best resorts in Ban Dan Mai Koh Chang. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!