10 Best Hotels To Stay In Zestoa Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Zestoa Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Zestoa Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Zestoa Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Zestoa Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Zestoa Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Zestoa Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Zestoa Basque Country:
Balneario de Cestona
This great spa hotel is housed in a modernist building dating back to the 19th century. The property has preserved it charm, romance and special old-time spa atmosphere.Regarded one of the most classic and prestigious in Spain, the spa hotel combines grand open spaces, large lounges and above all else, the guesalaga salt waters.Enjoy the beautiful architecture, the natural surroundings and the relaxed atmosphere at the Balneario De Cestona.
- I asked for a quiet room and receive a good and quiet one, better than the one on my first stay. Personnal at the spa really nice. Thank you
- This hotel was built at the turn of the 1900’s and it would have been a grand place to stay then. The proportions of the restaurants, lounge, reception and hallways are impressive. The location is about 5km from the motorway so handy for an overnight stop.
- Big room with balcony; old world spa atmosphere; the steak.
- It is an old style hotel with charm. It really gives you the feeling to be amidst the Basque green hills.
- We had a good room, which was clean & comfortable, though dated. Food was ok, but nothing special. Service was friendly, & tried hard with language barriers – not many speak English.
One of our top picks in Zumaia.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a terrace and views of the sea, Talasoterapia Zelai is located in Zumaia in the region of Pais Vasco, just 14 miles from San Sebastian. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a tour desk at the property.Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 31 miles from Talasoterapia Zelai, and Zarautz is 4.3 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- Hotel is in a unique location overlooking a beautiful beach with access to hiking trails and close to town.
- Bed uncomfortable. Beautiful views and amazing beach. Rude staff, hotel receptionist told us that we were supposed to bring our own towels from home for the beach! We live in the U.S.! Very difficult to find the hotel location even with a GPS.
The view of the beach.
Food when you could get it.
Secure underground parking.
- The location, the spa, the personnel, free parking, and the awesome view to the sea
- I liked walking to the beach and swimming; my friend liked walking downstairs and doing the therapy pools
Hotel Azkue is set in vineyards, 3 miles from the Basque fishing village of Getaria. It has easy access to the A-8 Highway and offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.All heated rooms at the Azkue have satellite TV and hardwood floors. The private bathroom is equipped with amenities and a hairdryer.The Azkue restaurant, with its terrace, serves traditional Basque cuisine, including fresh fish from Getaria harbor. There is a bar, and a lounge with a fireplace.The hotel has a tour desk. It is a 10-minute drive from Zarauz Royal Golf Club, and San Sebastian is 14 miles away.
4km off the Camino de Santiago route,but the owner dropped me back onto the route the following morning.
Beautiful dinner and breakfast all reasonable priced.
- Hospitality. Excellent evening meal for only 15.50 euros, included wine. Very picturesque setting. Lots of character with antiques. Modern bathroom.
4km away from Zarautz and 4 km to Getaria and the Camino del Norte.The host is very kind and helpful, we received very warm welcome. Very unique design, a lot of antique things, all rooms are different. Our rooms were very clean with balconies and lovely views.
Dinner and breakfast were very good.
I certainly recommend this hotel for who is walking the Camino del Norte and prefers sleeping in a hotel
- Old style hotel with good evening meal not much choice for breakfast
Great service, very helpful staff
Good location, easy drive to Geratia
Nice and comfortable room
- 4km off the Camino de Santiago route,but the owner dropped me back onto the route the following morning.
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Zarautz, 10 miles from San Sebastian, Hotel Zarauz features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 26 miles from Hotel Zarauz, and Hendaye is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 19 miles from the property.
- Nicely located with very friendly staff. Good bed.
- Really clean hotel with comfy beds, nice shower and spacious room. It was so nice to be able to bring our dog into the room with us free of charge, and the small separate reception area in the room was an added bonus if you want to go out and leave your dog ‘at home’ for a short while. Great location close to the beach and centre. Fridge in room. Warm room with a window that actually opens! Friendly staff.
- Stayed here many times in the past and so knew what to expect. We were on the top floor (6th) and so weren’t troubled by the poor soundproofing – in fact it made a world of difference to our stay. We didn’t bother with breakfast this time around but it’s much cheaper to order the breakfast at time of booking. Very conveniently located for the town and the beach – about 5 minutes in either direction. We’d never seen snow in Zarauz so this was a first for us.
- The room was exceptionally clean and we were very pleased to have an immaculate bathroom fully equipped with an extra large bath and hairdryer! We stayed in January which can be a bit chilly in the Basque Country so, we were so pleased when we entered our room as it was so toasty!
- The room is a good size with plenty of storage space. A separate door to the bedroom area creates a small lobby. A useful feature if you are travelling with dogs. There is also a small fridge. I have had no problem parking when I have stayed here but it is not guaranteed.
Hotel Villa Antilla
One of our top picks in Orio.Located in Orio, 8 miles from San Sebastian, Hotel Villa Antilla features free WiFi access and private parking. The hotel has a terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or river. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. Superior rooms include a spa tub or a hot tub.You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including skiing and biking. The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 24 miles from Hotel Villa Antilla, and Zarautz is 2.4 miles away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 17 miles from Hotel Villa Antilla.
Every one was helpful.
Although the hotel is a bit isolated it’s only 5 minutes by car (or a walk) to the town and 10 to the railway station for San Sebastien or Bilbao.
Comfy beds, lots of pillows and a view of the sea.
- Great seaside hotel. Small but comfortable and clean rooms. Nice staff.
- Nice, albeit small chambers (if you take the basic option). Nice modern bathroom, very clean. Great breakfast.
- orio is nice its the calm part of the whole biscay bay area.
- It is new hotel, every room has a balcony. Very close to San Sebastian. Good number of restaurants and shops in the area.
- Every one was helpful.
Next to the Shrine of Loyola, Hotel Arrupe is a historic marble building with large grounds and terrace. Rooms include free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and DVD player.The Arrupe Hotel has traditional stone and wood features and has been carefully restored. Each room has simple, modern design and includes heating and a private bathroom.The Arrupe is surrounded by beautiful Basque countryside and is just one mile from the town of Azpeitia. The Loyola complex includes a church dedicated to San Ignacio de Loyola.The beaches of the Green Coast are 11 miles away and San Sebastián is within a 45-minute drive of the hotel. Free public parking can be found nearby.
- Nearby garden, park restaurant next door, historic building,
- The setting is absolutely stunning and the staff were really helpful and welcoming. If you decide to eat dinner in the hotel (have to book in advance) it is very good value, although a bit tricky with children as there is no choice at all and kids can be fussy! Lots of choice at breakfast though.
- The location was excellent, next to the Basilica and a short walk from town.
- The best place to stay and visit Saint Ignatius’ birth place. Very comfortable and great breakfast.
- It’s a wonderful welcoming hotel in the shadow of the home of St. Ignatius of Loyola and the basilica dedicated to him. The staff is welcoming and very helpful in locating area attractions. We stumbled upon this and were overwhelmed to discover the historical and religious significance of what surrounded this very extraordinary hotel.
Larramendi Torrea is located in Azcoitia, 19 miles from San Sebastian and 29 miles from Vitoria-Gasteiz. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Zarautz is 10 miles from Larramendi Torrea, and Hendaye is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 29 miles from the property.
- View of the top floor windows is to a nearby mountain that was almost full of snow. great view!
- Lovely room, great staff. Beautiful historic building
- The standard of accommodation is high and we would certainly be happy to stay here again.
Cozy bedroom, great staff, and wonderful tortilla for breakfast!
We also had dinner at the hotel, incredible fish soup and quite a few good food options.
- le petit dejeuner servi comme un repas. le lit les équipements, le personnel
Located in Azpeitia, 18 miles from San Sebastian, Hotel Loiola features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a TV and DVD player. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or city. All rooms have a private bathroom with a bathtub and bidet, with free toiletries provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Vitoria-Gasteiz is 30 miles from Hotel Loiola, and Zarautz is 9 miles away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 27 miles from Hotel Loiola.
Good big size coffee for breakfast.
Calm area about 15 min on foot from the city center.
Nice small and simple hotel.
- Staff was very helpful in assisting me when I needed a dentist for my son
- Nice of them to offer us a couple of beers – the people of the Basque country are so friendly.
Staff – excellent in all respects.
Food – absolutely superb dinner.
Very close to the Loiola Seminary.
Due to a recent fire, the kitchen installation had to be redone. Nevertheless, we were greatly compensated by the owners who offered us free drinks and snacks every day during our 3 days stay.
They also gave us good addresses nearby where we got succulent meals in the evening.
Good and copious breakfast, garage for our car and our bicycles. All in all, a very pleasant stay!
- Good big size coffee for breakfast.
Wonderfully rustic and with a beautiful rural position 1.2 miles from the Basque coastline and within easy reach of San Sebastian. This hotel has a charming restaurant and spacious bedrooms with balconies.From your Kanala bedroom, enjoy views toward the sea or mountains from the comfort of your private balcony or terrace.Admire the decor of the Kanala Hotel which is harmony with the Basque Country’s tradition and its rural setting.Keep up-to-date and email friends on the free internet connection.Make a day trip to the seaside or to the fine city of Bilbao. Return to the Kanala for a tasty meal in the restaurant-brassiere with a delightfully informal atmosphere.
Magnificent view! Service in the restaurant was excellent. Loved hearing the sheep and church bell.
The room was very comfortable.
- Location was excellent. The room was very well appointed with a number of small items added such as toiletries and bottle of water. Restaurant meals were varied and the staff took trouble to explain the more cultural types.
- We hiked the Camino and correos failed to deliver luggage and the staff made sure we got our luggage by taxi
- Friendly comfortable stay – hotel and restaurant staff all very friendly, pleasant and helpful. Hotel room was clean and comfortable.
- Location very convenient if you want to see San Sebastián or begin a tour in the very North West of Spain.
- Magnificent view! Service in the restaurant was excellent. Loved hearing the sheep and church bell.
Saiaz Getaria Hotela
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Saiaz Getaria Hotela is located in Getaria, just 11 miles from San Sebastian. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a tour desk at the property.Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 28 miles from Saiaz Getaria Hotela, and Zarautz is 1.9 miles away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 21 miles from the property.
Great breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Good restaurants. Easy bus ride to Donastia/San Sebastion for €2.55 per person.
Very quiet apart from the church bell chiming every 15 minutes! It did stop at midnight.
- Fabulously location. Warm helpful staff. Highly recommend.
- The hotel and the room is awesome, the bathroom perfect. Breakfast good with spectacular views from the dining room.
- very nice located hotel in narrow street GESTERIA ; nearby bars and restaurants and museum ;
- Beautiful old world hotel perched right above the beach with views over to St. Sebastian. Stunning rooms with 4 poster beds. Right in the heart of the old town with wonderful restaurants all around . Stunning !!
- Great breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Good restaurants. Easy bus ride to Donastia/San Sebastion for €2.55 per person.
Top Hotels In Zestoa Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Zestoa Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Zestoa Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Zestoa Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!