10 Best Hotels To Stay In Trojas Alajuela – Top Hotel Reviews
Trojas Alajuela is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Trojas Alajuela. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Trojas Alajuela. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Trojas Alajuela. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Trojas Alajuela right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Trojas Alajuela with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Trojas Alajuela:
Hotel Alto Palomo
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hotel Alto Palomo offers accommodations in Alajuela, just 23 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or garden. All rooms include a private bathroom.You will find room service at the property.Escazú is 21 miles from Hotel Alto Palomo, and Heredia is 18 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- View from restaurant was amazing. Staff were friendly and kind.
- Wundervoller Ausblick und guter Ausgangspunkt für diverse Sehenswürdigkeiten. Sehr bemühte Gastgeber
- Vriendelijk personeel en ruime kamers met een geweldig uitzicht!
- Wunderbare Aussicht und sehr gastfreundliches und bemühtes Personal.
- Het personeel was erg vriendelijk. De kamers waren ruim met een geweldig uitzicht. WiFi bij het restaurant was goed. Het eten was lekker en betaalbaar.
Hotel Mango Valley
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Hotel Mango Valley offers accommodations in Grecia, just 19 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a TV. The rooms have a private bathroom.There is concierge services at the property.Alajuela is 9 miles from Hotel Mango Valley, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Javier who runs/works there was absolutely amazing. I can’t say enough about how much he went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. The breakfast was great big portion size with coffee and juice. The place was very well maintained. I would definitely stay here again without question.
The location is absolutely stunning! We got a cabin with a private terrace which is definitely worth the extra money – the view of the Poas Volcano and the mountains is just gorgeous.
The little cabin has all you need, very cosy and it was spotlessly clean and in a very good shape. The grounds are immaculate and very well taken care of, the view from the pool is just amazing. The management was really nice and helpful. We thought it would be just a nice and convenient stay close to the airport before we’ll leave but it turned out that is was an very interesting area with lots to do and it didn’t feel touristy at all. The hotel is the best place to end our start your vacation – not just for one night.
- Javier was very welcoming and professional. He went out of his way to explain local activities and to make calls about the best timing to do them. Nuria kept the place extremely clean. Thanks for a very pleasant stay!
- beautiful hotel, fantastic comfy cosy rooms – beautiful wooden cabins, very romantic. delicious breakfast. beautiful views.
- The room was adorable and the view was excellent. Rocking chairs on the terrace were a nice touch. The bookshare/library was also great since I finished my book and needed another. The yummy local restaurant delieverd so I didn’t even have to leave! Javier was very sweet and helpful for everything I needed.
Hotel Daniel Zamora
Hotel Daniel Zamora is located in Sarchí, just 21 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.There is a 24-hour front desk and hairdresser’s at the property.Alajuela is 10 miles from Hotel Daniel Zamora, and Escazú is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 12 miles from Hotel Daniel Zamora.
No reviews yet.
Located in Grecia, 18 miles from San José, Hotel Aeromundo features a terrace and views of the city. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 7 miles from Hotel Aeromundo, and Escazú is 16 miles away. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 9 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Poas Lodge is located in Poasito, just 19 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.Alajuela is 10 miles from Poas Lodge, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 11 miles from Poas Lodge.
- Fabulous views over SJ from dining room/bar with wood burning fireplace. Hummingbirds by the windows. Friendly hosts, parking right in front. Access into Poas Vocano national park (closed recently due to volcanic activity, check for updates) Easy drive from airport, and day trips to la Paz waterfalls, coffee plantations, Sarchi, etc.
- Very good breakfast. Perfect view over The Valley. Great service. Nice dinner. Beautiful chimney with a warming fire. We didn’t miss anything
- The hosts, Matthew and Leah, couldn’t have been more helpful and kind. The room was clean, comfortable and the bed was great. The wifi in the room was good and the view – spectacular! I had a vegetable stew prepared by Leah for dinner that was exceptional and I heard guests at another table saying the burger they had was delicious. The included breakfast was also great! The location is close enough to the airport (about 45 minutes if you don’t get lost – which I did) that you could begin or end your trip to Costa Rica here at this lovely and friendly spot. It is also very close to Poas National Park and the volcano. I highly recommend this great lodge and hope to visit on my next trip to Costa Rica.
Thank’s to Leah and Matthiew!! Everything was perfect! You are, both, nice and sweet! Hope to see you soon!
Julie and Bertrand
- The volcano park was closed but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay nonetheless. Arrived after dark and enjoyed seeing the lights of the huge Central Valley; the view was all the more spectacular in the morning, and our room (all the rooms, I believe) had a great view. Went to La Paz waterfall and wildlife exhibitions, which was a great introduction to Costa Rica. The new proprietors were very friendly and helpful. Wish them the best of luck. The lodge is homey with a fireplace and couches.
Featuring a beautiful mountain setting just one mile from Poás Volcano National Park, Altura Hotel features rooms with views of Costa Rica’s Central Valley. This charming hotel is in attractive grounds with gazebos and walking paths.Each spacious room at Altura Hotel has simple, modern décor. There is a sitting area with a fireplace, flat-screen cable TV, a mini-fridge, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Free Wi-Fi is also available.Guests can enjoy a continental or traditional Costa Rican breakfast in the Altura’s dining room. There is also a small library.The staff at the hotel front desk can arrange excursions to local coffee plantations, national parks and waterfalls. Canopy tours of the rainforest at Las Colinas can also be arranged.The hotel has a peaceful location outside Fraijanes, just a 20 minute drive from the city of Alajuela. San José is approximately 22 miles away.
- Flexibility and friendliness of staff- great breakfast!
- Lovely views, very spacious room, lovely gardens. The receptionist was very helpful organising a transfer back to San Jose for $70.
- This is a quirky and surprising find with some really lovely features if you’re looking for something a little less “hotelly” than the norm. We stayed in the container studio and it was well equipped, although we did find it a little cold (probably because we’d just spent days at the coast and were a bit unprepared for the chill). The views were absolutely beautiful and we loved the menagerie of cats, dogs, donkeys and cows that make it feel like you’re on a working farm. The breakfast is fairly basic but was tasty and the staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The lounge area below the breakfast room was a treat, for both the views and the indoor tree!
- I loved everything in that hôtel. Personnel / view / emplacement. It was perfect
- The service was overall welcoming and warm. The location is beautiful.
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and barbecue, Villas Escondidas is located in Grecia in the region of Alajuela. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a TV with cable channels. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms have a private bathroom.San José is 19 miles from Villas Escondidas, and Alajuela is 8 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 9 miles from Villas Escondidas.
- We enjoyed our first night in Costa Rica at Villas Escondido’s. It was a great stopover on our way to Fortuna. The hosts were fantastic, breakfast was great and the coffee was amazing! The room was nice and clean.
Nice and calmly situated 10 minutes outside of Grecia where you have bars,restaurants and all kind of shopping possibilities.
Perfect for trips to Poas or La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
The host has lots of advices for activities nearby and even for your next stop.
Spacious rooms with a refrigerator.
A gorgeous retreat in a lovely garden setting. Spacious, comfortable and fairly well-equipped rooms.
That said, there were some simple things that need correcting. Shampoo and a hair dryer should be provided [there was a hairdryer that could be borrowed]. There is a bedside lamp but nowhere near the bedside table that I could see to plug it in. There is nowhere to hang clothes. The hot and cold taps are reversed in the shower. There is nowhere to put soap in the shower. There are no shelves in the bathroom for toiletries. One of two downlights in the bathroom was not working. The main light has two out of three globes not working.
Villas Escondidas is not cheap by Costa Rican standards and it is disappointing that they have failed to attend to these details.
Offsetting these negatives, we had a lovely breakfast in an idyllic setting.
- Grounds were beautiful. The family that owns it are helpful, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. We just moved here and they gave us so much good advice.The breakfasts were delicious! Carla and Nelson are the best!
- Courteousness and Communication of welcomeness. It is a delightful comfortable location. It is beautifully situated in trees and gardens. Love it.
Chalets Los Volcanes
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Chalets Los Volcanes offers accommodations in Alajuela, just 16 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room has a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.Escazú is 15 miles from Chalets Los Volcanes, and Heredia is 11 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 10 miles from Chalets Los Volcanes.
No reviews yet.
Xandari Resort & Spa
One of our top picks in Alajuela – and a guest favorite.
Xandari Resort & Spa offers accommodations in Alajuela. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.San José is 13 miles from Xandari Resort & Spa, and Escazú is 11 miles away. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 4.3 miles from the property.
- Location high in the mountains overlooking Alajuela and San Jose was beautiful and kept the temperatures cool while down below in the city the weather was stifling hot. No A/C on property but none needed with the cool breezes. Loved the unique architecture and artwork too.
- The gardens surrounding the hotel are superb. You can walk around the gardens and visit the natural waterfalls; I particularly enjoyed being able to plant an Avocado tree during my visit.
- The property is beautiful and staff is very friendly. They even gave us a togo breakfast since we were leaving early for the airport. There is a hiking trail with waterfalls on the property. 3 pools. Dinner was great- we had arroz con pollo and arroz con camarones. The room had a balcony with a view of the trees and it had high ceilings and there was nice art and sculptures throughout the premises. We did not try the spa since we were only there one night. It only took us 35min to get to the airport with traffic in the morning. If you are going to the waterfalls on the property, do noy wear flip flops, bring water- lots of stairs! Very nice hotel.
Breakfast excellent , great selection
Of breads and fruit. dinner sounded great on menu but a little disappointing in taste. Most staff very good ( especially Luis) but another male staff very indifferent re use of business office and said airport was only 20 mins away, took 45 mins. Would be pleasant to have blankets or shawls at dinner when nights are chilly
- The design, the room ambiance, the gardens (amazingly beautiful) and the staff (just lovely)
Villa San Ignacio
One of our top picks in Alajuela.Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, Villa San Ignacio is located in Alajuela in the region of Alajuela, just 13 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hotel. The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 11 miles from Villa San Ignacio, and Heredia is 9 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 3.7 miles from Villa San Ignacio.
- Staff super nice helpfull and friendly. Beautiful park. Delicious food at the restaurant
Very friendly staff
Great location to start your vacation @ 20 min from the airport
Great food and breakfast
- The restaurant and bar area are really beautiful along with the grounds. Nice happy hour too. Pool is beautiful and inviting with comfortable lounge chairs. Bed and breakfast wonderful! Staff were friendly and quite available. Our bartender was fun and made a fabulous margarita!!
- Close to airport and good value for money! Breakfast is great
- Beautiful grounds, comfortable rooms, quaint atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff— it was the best way to wake up in our first day in Costa Rica
Top Hotels In Trojas Alajuela Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Trojas Alajuela to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Trojas Alajuela but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Trojas Alajuela. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!