10 Best Hotels To Stay In Thornbury Gloucestershire – Top Hotel Reviews
Thornbury Gloucestershire is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Thornbury Gloucestershire. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Thornbury Gloucestershire. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Thornbury Gloucestershire. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Thornbury Gloucestershire right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Thornbury Gloucestershire with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Thornbury Gloucestershire:
De Vere Tortworth Court
Located in Wotton under Edge, 18 miles from Bath, De Vere Tortworth Court features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bristol is 14 miles from De Vere Tortworth Court, and Cheltenham is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- Bedroom a good size and nice and clean. Facilites good. Staff helpful. Restaurant staff polite, food good.
- Good breakfast. Potential facilities but I did not have time to use them.
- The food was exceptional, the different bars and restaurants were beautiful and different. Each had its own quirks and characteristics, and the staff were friendly and happy to help. The room was wonderful and kept in theme with the age of the building.
- Loved the gardens and the gorgeous building. Our room was really lovely with super comfortable bed and two windows . Food was very good too.
- Beautiful location and venue, food was excellent and staff were very friendly and helpful.
Alveston House Hotel
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Alveston House Hotel offers accommodations in Alveston, just 16 miles from Bath. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Cardiff is 29 miles from Alveston House Hotel, and Bristol is 10 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, 16 miles from Alveston House Hotel.
- The staff were very professional and keen to make sure my stay was comfortable. They also accommodated my dietary intolerance, which exceeded my expectations. Thank you very much.
- All good generally. Pity the bar was closed on Saturday night for a private function, but the staff did offer to serve us drinks in the lounge area.
- Staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and tidy. Decent quality biscuits which is always a judge of room quality in my book 🙂
- Very clean, helpful staff. For the price okay.. Basic hotel, reception decor very welcoming though same can’t be said for the rooms.
- The staff were very friendly, and went above and beyond.
Days Inn Michaelwood M5
Located in Falfield, 19 miles from Bath, Days Inn Michaelwood M5 features free WiFi access and free private parking.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bristol is 16 miles from Days Inn Michaelwood M5, and Cheltenham is 23 miles away. Bristol Airport is 22 miles from the property.
- Just to say the member of staff ( a lovely lady) that was on the day I arrived was extremely helpful
- We were very pleased with our stay, as we had not stayed before at your hotel. Just what we wanted!
- Good value and also convenient to break a long motorway trip
- Staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and well looked after. An unexpected and welcomed range of snacks, drinks and toiletries were available at reception to purchase.
- Family room, very quiet and fully equipped. Better than most Travelodges I have stayed in, will return!
Best Western Gables Hotel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Best Western Gables Hotel offers accommodations in Falfield. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a TV.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bath is 19 miles from Best Western Gables Hotel, and Bristol is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- The beds are so comfy, the staff can’t do enough for you and the added bonus of an Easter egg on the Sunday morning (Easter Sunday) was such a lovely touch.
- Generally very good and particularly liked location as right on Motorway junction (ideal on the day of leaving as due to heavy snow most minor roads were a major problem).
- Nice comfortable place to stay with nice surroundings and staff.
- The staff, the place was more than we expected for the money, the breakfast and bar were excellent
- The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good. WiFi was excellent in the room. All the staff were helpful and friendly; the young receptionist (Charlie) has to be commended, in particular, as she sorted out a problem with my booking really efficiently and helped make my check-in totally unstressful.
This historic inn offers great accommodations, excellent food, fine wine and real ales.The rooms and bathrooms at Bowl Inn have recently been refurbished, and all feature a Freeview cable TV.Just a couple minutes from the Aztec West industrial park and the M4/M5 interchange, this secret hideaway is on the south-eastern edge of the Severn Vale, in the village of Lower Almondsbury. The Severn Estuary can be seen from the inn.All rooms have private bathrooms and a unique style.
- Pub and restaurant facilities were great and good value for money
- Good breakfast, cooked fresh and good evening meal. Also good patio area made good use of on a sunny day
- Beautiful pub, amazing food, very helpful staff!! We will be back
Small but comfortable room
Good pub food
- Interesting evening menu with good choice. Excellant breakfast with staff willing to modify standard menu. Good location next to church
Almondsbury Interchange Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, Almondsbury Interchange Hotel offers accommodations in Almondsbury. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room comes with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bath is 15 miles from Almondsbury Interchange, and Cardiff is 27 miles away. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, 13 miles from Almondsbury Interchange Hotel.
- I liked the friendliness from staff, felt really comfortable there, breakfast had a good range of different things however no hot breakfast was given while I was there.
Both hot and cold taps in the bathroom ran hot, one was scalding, shower was cold. Mismatched mugs with complimentary tea and coffee in bedroom, one teaspoon and no biscuits. Decor tired but bed was comfy. Not the fault of the hotel but the neighbouring pub had a ten minute fire work display directly outside our room, which initially we mistook for an explosion and fire, it was so ear shattering.
It absolutely scared the hell out of our 84 year old relative who was in the room next to ours too. The continental breakfast was a little disappointing, tepid coffee, and like the hotel everything was just a little tired but the staff were lovely.
- Breakfast always generous. Perfectly situated for our needs, and easy to check in and check out.
- Budget low cost and convenient for meetings on Bristol
- Close to places we needed/wanted to see in the surrounding area. Free car park; no trouble finding spaces. Staff very attentive. Breakfast served at convenient time/s with a wide selection of cereals, plenty of tea/coffee/water available. Dining area spacious. Atmosphere very peaceful. Rooms like a home away from home. We were even able to arrange to stay in the same room we stayed in during our previous visit. While using the wifi, it was possible to plug into an electrical socket, enabling generous time to deal with emails, etc. Yes, this establishment has a slightly nostalgic (hyper critical guests might say ‘dated’) feel to it, but that is part of it’s character and the owners are doing their best to improve things as and when they can.
The Anchor Inn
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Anchor Inn offers accommodations in Oldbury upon Severn.A flat-screen TV is provided.Bath is 19 miles from The Anchor Inn, and Cardiff is 28 miles away. Bristol Airport is 18 miles from the property.
- Great food. Good selection of beers. Convenience of inn accommodation and facilities just out of town.
- Lovely food and very comfortable bed in a beautiful room
- Very comfy, well presented room, excellent home cooked food, very welcoming.
- I’ve stayed in maybe a dozen hotels in this area and this is one of the best. Comfiest bed and spacious room with great wifi. The Inn itself is a real local place and I loved it – nice food, nice beer, great whisky and gin selection. Staff and regulars on first name terms and bantering. I’ll be back here happily. Breakfast perfect for me – continental in room.
The room was beautiful. Clean and cosy.
Lovely food at the Inn
The Swan Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a playground, The Swan Hotel offers accommodations in Almondsbury, just 15 miles from Bath. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a TV. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Cardiff is 27 miles from The Swan Hotel, and Bristol is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, 13 miles from the property.
- Very comfortable bed, very clean and staff super friendly and can’t do enough for you, food in restaurant especially dinner excellent. Very warm & easy to turn radiators up and down. overall extremely good value, small packet of fudge left for us. Nice touch!
- The location was good near to cribbs and Bristol and just off the motorway
- Spotlessly clean room. Would have liked a chair but obviously no room for one. They’ve thought of everything – with a fan for those warm evenings, an ironing board, and even a bed tray, to enjoy a cuppa in bed! HUGE fluffy bath towels, pity we couldn’t use the shower as the bath was so high and my friend and I have disabilities which prevent us from climbing into the bath, however I should have checked with the Swan first, who I’m sure would have accommodated us with a shower rather than a shower over the bath. Indeed after booking, I rang the hotel, who moved us from the top floor to the ground floor, and were brilliant. Breakfast was excellent too, with a good choice of cereals and pastries. Lovely bloomer bread (both white and wholemeal) which makes fab toast, and then a large cooked breakfast, cooked to perfection. The Swan is in a brilliant location, so close to the M5, and next time I’m in the area, I’ll be back! ??
- The evening meal and breakfast were tasty and well presented. Bed was really comfortable. There was ample tea and coffee supplied with fudge instead of biscuits a lovely treat. Thank you.
- Excellent food and good value for money. Have stayed before and the food is worth it. Very helpful staff.
Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel
Located in Bristol, 13 miles from Bath, Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Cardiff is 28 miles from Mercure Bristol North The Grange, and Weston-super-Mare is 24 miles from the property. Bristol Airport is 13 miles away.
We liked the look of the hotel from the pictures on the website, and the Hotel was very close to our daughters new home.
The property had a large car park.
The room was warm and beds were comfortable.
Breakfast was lovely, with lots of selections.
We were enticed by the view of the restaurant and food on offer, especially as we were planning to invite our daughter and her husband, to join us for dinner. But due to there being both a wedding and a 50th birthday party, the restaurant was closed!
- Good quiet location. Well appointed and greatest. Facilities very good.
- Secluded, quiet with large grounds, easy to find by sat nav …..
- King size bed was very comfortable. Buffet style breakfast excellent and a lovely quiet location. Staff very helpful.
- Stunning location and beautifully decorated and warm and welcoming..fab parking ..staff were amazing
- We liked the look of the hotel from the pictures on the website, and the Hotel was very close to our daughters new home.
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol North
One of our top picks in Bristol.Featuring free WiFi and a hot tub, DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol North offers accommodations in Bristol. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Private parking is available on site.A TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bath is 14 miles from Hilton Bristol North, and Cardiff is 27 miles from the property. Bristol Airport is 12 miles away.
- Asked for extra pillows and they were there on our arrival. Chock cookies on arrival, nice touch. Staff friendly and not in your face, was feeling free and comfortable, nobody bothered us.
- Did the job I needed it for but didn’t live up to expectations.
- The room was huge, bed comfy and the pool was great – at last a swimming pool that’s actually warm! We’d definitely come back for the leisure facilities. Nice bar area too.
- Great breakfast and friendly staff – the bonus cookie on welcome was awesome!
- From the time we walked in it was a great experience.The receptionist (Boh) was wonderful.Very efficient helpful smiley.I used to be an air hostess and have stayed in a lot of hotels but she is probably the nicest I have dealt with thank you
Top Hotels In Thornbury Gloucestershire Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Thornbury Gloucestershire to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Thornbury Gloucestershire but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Thornbury Gloucestershire. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!