10 Best Hotels To Stay In Thannington Kent – Top Hotel Reviews
Thannington Kent is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Thannington Kent. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Thannington Kent. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Thannington Kent. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Thannington Kent right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Thannington Kent with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Thannington Kent:
The Victoria Hotel
One of our top picks in Canterbury.In quaint gardens, The Victoria Hotel features traditional home-cooked food and free Wi-Fi. The hotel is a 15-minute walk from Canterbury center, and just under a mile from Canterbury Cathedral.The spacious bedrooms at The Victoria each have a private modern bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms feature a TV and work desk, and tea/coffee facilities are provided.Guests can enjoy fresh traditional roast lunches and classic British cuisine in the restaurant. The bar serves light meals and snacks, and hearty full English breakfasts are available daily.Just a 10-minute walk from Canterbury West Train Station, the Victoria Hotel is half a mile from the Canterbury Tales attraction. Free on-site parking is available, and Dover is a 30-minute drive away.
- Great staff, very helpful – for example happy to cater for dietary requirements. Nice room, comfortable bed!
Big room and very nice rear garden. There is a very nice pub and restaurant as well.
15 minutes of relaxing walk to the high street. This hotel is perfect for a city break.
- Large room, great location and plenty of parking spaces
- Lovely atmosphere. Liked the garden. Bar area nice. Reception were very welcoming. Friendly place all round.nice big bedroom (triple).
- The staff were so accommodating! I would recommend eating in their dining room…the day we arrived, there was a fresh turkey right out of the oven! Yummy buffet breakfast OR you can order hot breakfast! We toured Canterbury for a day….they looked after our cabs and we left our bags with them.
Howfield Manor Hotel
One of our top picks in Canterbury.This charming hotel is 2 miles from Canterbury and close to Dover and the Eurostar. Dating back to the 12th century, it is surrounded by picturesque hills and fruit trees.Howfield Manor Hotel has 5 acres of gardens and 15 rooms furnished in a traditional style. Each room has free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, and facilities for making tea and coffee.Guests can enjoy freshly cooked French-style cuisine in the restaurant, which is set the oldest part of the building. Food is homemade, and fresh local ingredients are gathered from the nearby towns and villages.Canterbury is a historic cathedral city, with numerous old buildings and attractions. Some structures, including the city wall, were founded in Roman times.
- Staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent food although limited menu for dinner; freshly cooked breakfast
- Very friendly and helpful owner and personnel. Excellent meals and good service.
- An excellent stay. We chose this hotel as a late stay and were delighted by it. It was situated not far from Canterbury, was comfortable and the staff were friendly and very helpful. The food was good with the staff going out of their way to deal with a gluten free option.
The bath was great!
Comfortable room. Some of the staff were very friendly.
- Onsite restaurant, food lovely & staff very nice & helpful ?
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
One of our top picks in Canterbury.With a 24-hour front desk, this hotel offers free breakfasts and a modern restaurant. Holiday Inn Express Canterbury is situated in Upper Harbledown, just outside historic Canterbury.The bright, colourful bedrooms each have a private bathroom with a power shower. Rooms also feature a work desk, tea/coffee facilities and a TV with satellite channels and on-demand movies.Wi-Fi is available free of charge in all areas of the hotel.Guests can enjoy a hearty breakfast each morning, including hot and cold items. The restaurant serves a varied evening menu, and the lounge bar offers afternoon teas, snacks and fresh coffees.The Holiday Inn Express Canterbury is just a 10-minute drive from the city centre and the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral. The hotel is situated on the A2 road, and has free on-site parking.
- extremely good value as breakfast was included! Staff very efficient and friendly. Rooms very comfortable.
No nonsense breakfast arrangements.
Good value booking overall.
- Cleanliness; nice quiet room; photo is view through window from corridor outside. Breakfast is well provided. Staff are courteous.
- Everything we needed once we managed to find the hotel.
- Had a pleasant night here. Good value and even though next to busy road it wasn’t noisy
Situated within the Roman city walls of historic Canterbury’s center, this family-run hotel dates back to the 16th century. It has free Wi-Fi, a sit-down restaurant, and a cozy, oak-beam bar.With a flat-screen TV, each traditional room at The Pilgrims Hotel feature a private bathroom with free toiletries. A tea and coffee tray is also provided.A hearty, traditional full English breakfast is served every morning, and the restaurant serves creative dishes from the normal menu and table d’hote menus. A range of drinks, light lunches and snacks are available in the charming bar.Pilgrims Hotel is across from the Marlowe Theatre, and the stunning, 11th-century Canterbury Cathedral is just a 5-minute walk away. The shops and restaurants of the center of the city are just a short walk through picturesque medieval streets.
- Nice location ion the heart of the city, good breakfast!
- We’ve stayed in many hotels over the years, I am struggling to remember one as lovely as the Marlowe Room at Pilgrims Hotel
- Staffs are very friendly. All guests can have 20% off discounts on food and drink in their restaurant as well as bar. The building and the room are quite clean. The location is wonderful in the city centre near the Cathedral.
The room was a bit on the small side but comfortable.
The restaurant downstairs/next door is pretty good (you get a discount if you’re staying at the hotel).
The location is excellent – easy walking distance to all major tourist sites (and also, not too far from the train station).
- The hotel was a lovely building right next to theatre shops & restaurants
Featuring free WiFi, Ebury Hotel offers accommodations in Canterbury, just 25 miles from Southend-on-Sea. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. A flat-screen TV is featured.There is room service at the property.Dover is 14 miles from Ebury Hotel, and Maidstone is 25 miles away. London Southend Airport is 26 miles from the property.
Nicely renovated room with four poster bed. Staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel located within 10 mins. walking distance from the city center.
Excellent breakfast and hotel provided discounts for restaurants and bars which we used. We were headed down to the Eurotunnel, so the location was only 40 mins away.
- Friendly place to stay, clean and comfortable. Even though it has no restaurant it is very close to nearby shops and restaurants no need to drive
- Very friendly staff, nice breakfast and a comfy room. The location is great and we had an amazing view from our room.
- Lovely building.and gardens. Food v.good had a meal and breakfast
- An old-fashioned beautiful old building. Staff were very attentive and pleasant and the breakfast was really good. Good value for money given the location. I didn’t go out for an evening meal, but this isn’t far from the centre of Canterbury, so easy to find somewhere
- Nicely renovated room with four poster bed. Staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel located within 10 mins. walking distance from the city center.
With a 4-star rating, this characteristic pub with an open fire and beams offers home cooked cuisine.Originally built as cottages in the 16th century, the Evenhill lies on the A257 in Littlebourne, between Canterbury and Sandwich. The hotel consists of 16 bedrooms, all of which have private bathrooms and air conditioning.
Lovely rooms + v friendly staff.
Nice food in the evening and great breakfast in the morning!
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and great for us and our 2 dogs. Lovely breakfast both days!!
Helpful, friendly staff
Plenty free parking
- The property is perfectly situated for Howletts zoo and also Canterbury. There is outside space and the inside of the pub/restaurant is characterful. The rooms are light and airy with heating/aircon for comfort. All the facilities are generous and there even an alarm clock if you need it.
- To be fair, we have used The Evenhill previously when visiting family/friends in the area, having moved some distance away, and this visit was as good as all previous visits. Would like to praise all members of staff encountered, and we will continue to use the Evenhill without question. ( We used to be committed users of a larger ‘chain ‘ hotel in Canterbury itself , but overall Evenhill is ‘better ‘ )
- Lovely rooms + v friendly staff.
New Flying Horse Inn
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, New Flying Horse Inn offers accommodations in Wye, just 9 miles from Canterbury. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms include a TV.The inn also provides bike rental. Southend-on-Sea is 26 miles from New Flying Horse Inn, and Hastings is 27 miles away. London Southend Airport is 29 miles from the property.
- Comfortable night in a beautiful village. Clean modern room in converted stable. Decent pub food.
- The place is top notch clean, and the personnel warm and attentive
- Staff very attentive quality of food breakfast and evening meal…only thing to make it perfect would be to ask if any help needed with bags on checking in…will def stay again
- Very Helpful staff. The food was excellent as was the rooms
- Modernised room and bathroom in an atmospheric and historical pub building.Quiet setting.
Premier Inn Dover Central – Eastern Ferry Terminal
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Conveniently located, Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) is in close proximity to the cruise and ferry terminals and just a short walk to Dover town center and Dover Castle.Some of the comfortable rooms at Premier Inn can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (under 16 years). The 2 children are also served a free full breakfast, when accompanied by an adult eating a full breakfast.The full all-you-can-eat breakfast includes cooked items, vegetarian options and a wide continental selection.Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) is next to Table Table restaurant, specializing in fresh cuisine, served in a welcoming environment.There is free parking and a 24-hour front desk at this Premier Inn. Dover train station is 1.5 miles away.
- Comfortable beds beautiful en suite everything very clean and the location for ferry 1st class
- okay stay, you get what you paid for. free parking
- Situation, easy check in, pleasant welcoming staff, total comfort
- Easy, free parking, room very clean with comfortable bed and quality bedding.
- Very friendly at check in and in the bar and restaurant.
The Sun Inn
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Sun Inn offers accommodations in Faversham. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room includes a TV.Canterbury is 9 miles from The Sun Inn, and Southend-on-Sea is 17 miles from the property. London Southend Airport is 19 miles away.
- A lovely town centre, historic building and traditional pub with rooms. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. Toiletries, tea making facilities, biscuits etc were provided. The cooked breakfast choice was excellent – sourdough with avocado, poached egg and bacon was very good. Central position – not far from anywhere in Faversham. The staff were really friendly and welcoming.
- Evening meal was good and the staff were friendly.
The room itself was massive, and everything made it a comfy stay.
The breakfast in the morning was a great selection.
It was nice to spend the night in a cosy inn, where we could come down near the fire to have some drinks and disappear to our rooms whenever knowing the bar was still there.
- The pub was lovely, had a nice big roaring fire which was so cosy. The room was a good size and comfortable.
- Lovely big rooms. Smoked haddock for breakfast was delicious.
Castle House Hotel
One of our best sellers in Canterbury! Located in Canterbury, 24 miles from Southend-on-Sea, Castle House Hotel features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Dover is 14 miles from Castle House Hotel, and Maidstone is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 25 miles from Castle House Hotel.
- Breakfasts were cooked to order,staff were very efficient, liked the fruit salad and food could be chosen from the main list. Bedroom was larger than expected and facilities were good. Great there was on site parking which is very important. Just a 5 minute stroll to the centre of Canterbury and the cathedral.
- Breakfast was verry good with a good choice. No reasturant but there a plenty within a short walk.Small bar that we did not use.Beautiful garden,which was part of the castle moat-yes that is how close you are to the castle.Close to Canterbury east rail station.
- Extremely comfortable room. Good freshly cooked breakfast. Very pleasant staff. Excellent location making it easy to walk to all the major sites.
- The Hotel had a good Car-Park and was only a few minutes walk from the Centre of Canterbury, inside the main Walls. Breakfast and the Rooms were excellent. The Manager and Staff were all very helpful. We did have a problem as all the Power went off early evening on our second night. This had nothing to do with the Hotel as the area had no Power. The Electricity Supplier had a major problem that needed the Road to be dug up and could not say when the Power would return. So the Manager contacted one of the other Local Hotels in their Group and got us Rooms there. for that Night. As we were only staying for 3 nights and had stayed one of them already, we did not want to move to the other Hotel for one night and then move back for the last night. He agreed that we could stay the 2 last Nights at the other Hotel and this was lucky as the power was still off.
- Nice location near city centre, is a period building with nice features.
Top Hotels In Thannington Kent Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Thannington Kent to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Thannington Kent but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Thannington Kent. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!