10 Best Hotels To Stay In Swanage Dorset – Top Hotel Reviews
Swanage Dorset is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Swanage Dorset. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Swanage Dorset. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Swanage Dorset. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Swanage Dorset right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Swanage Dorset with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Swanage Dorset:
The Pines Hotel
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Swanage, 8 miles from Bournemouth, The Pines Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include views of the sea or garden. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Southampton is 31 miles from The Pines Hotel, and Weymouth is 22 miles away. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- Spectacular site on a bluff 150 steps from the ocean. Room with sea view was well worth it. Quiet restaurant and bar, lovely breakfast room.
- Beautiful sea view from the dining room. Lovely patio with steps leading down to the beach.
- Loved the room (number 9) with sea view. Decor very modern. Beautiful room
The sea views from the room, restaurant and the spacious comfortable lounge.
Free hotel carpark adjacent to the entrance providing easy access.
Courteous and friendly staff in all areas.
Excellent meals with prompt service.
- Staff and service excellent, location superb, value for money unbeatable.
The White Swan
Located in Swanage, 9 miles from Bournemouth, The White Swan features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can play darts at the inn. Weymouth is 22 miles from The White Swan, and Poole is 8 miles away. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 13 miles from The White Swan.
- The location was fantastic. Right near the sea front. There was live music whilst we stayed which was great.
- Excellent location, very helpfull and friendly staff. Big breakfast too 👍
- Great pub and atmosphere. Late night but live music and few pints was great.lovely cooked breakfast in the morning.
- Great location, carpark, lovely breakfast, really good value, friendly staff
- Loved the veggie breakfast. Good coffee. I was there during the Blues Festival and it was lovely to be so central in this lovely town.
Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Nestled in extensive gardens in the centre of Swanage, Purbeck House Hotel & Louisa Lodge is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Family-run and steeped in over a century of history, it also has free parking and a bar.The bedrooms are divided between the main house, built in 1875, and the newly-built Louisa Lodge. All have a flat-screen HD TV, an iPod dock and a private bathroom whist some have sea or garden views.Breakfast is served in the Elizabeth Garden Conservatory every morning from 07:30 to 10:00 Monday to Saturday and 08:00 – 10:00 on Sundays.The World Heritage Jurassic Coast is just 1,000 feet away from the Purbeck, with the famous Monkey World Zoo a 20-minute drive. Swanage Train Station is a 5-minute walk away.
- Breakfast was fantastic as wide a selection as you would expect from a bigger hotel. Great location 6 mins walk from the seafront, 3 mins from the centre of town. Lots of places to explore in the house and grounds.
- Old convent so it feels like a family home. Big bedroom but we booked a superior room so we got a big size bed and room overlooking at the garden. Coffee/tea facilities. Through side window, we could have a view of roofs and sea. Hotel walking distance to the town centre, the beaches, fish and chips shop, pubs with sports channels.
The room was very nice and the bed comfortable. Felt very very welcome on arrival.
Breakfast was amazing, the buffet choices were very tasty especially the sausages – Michelle in the breakfast room as very attentive, friendly and efficient – a credit to the hotel.
Views from the room were great, very quiet even though we were near the road, it was nice to wake up and gaze across the Studland bay area. If you are looking for a hotel with great facilities in an excellent location, look no further you wont be disappointed.
- Ideal location for our trip close to all that we needed
- Very friendly staff, both on Reception and at breakfast.
Grand Hotel Swanage
One of our best sellers in Swanage! This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Dating from 1898, this wonderful hotel commands a majestic location, nestled in the heart of the Isle of Purbeck, providing a spectacular view across Swanage Bay and Pevril Point.Many of the rooms and public areas, where you can enjoy a drink, lunch and relax, take advantage of these spectacular views. On summer days the delightful garden is an ideal place to soak-up the sun and also provides direct access to the beach.The Isle of Purbeck is the ideal choice for walkers, water-sport enthusiasts and golfers, furthermore you can visit places of historical interest. Along the coastline the variety of scenery is outstanding with unspoiled beaches, steep white cliffs, interesting bays and old smuggler’s coves.
- Breakfast freshly cooked and brought to the table.
- Good food with excellent sea views.Attentive staff.
- The location is superb, especially if you have a sea view room.
- I liked the big room, comfortable bed and the hotel’s location
- Good breakfast, relaxed atmosphere. Great access to beach.
Louisa Lodge & Purbeck House Hotel
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Nestled in extensive gardens in central Swanage, less than 1,000 feet from the seafront.Steeped in history, the rooms all have a private bathroom, and some have sea or garden views. Accommodation is in the modern Louisa Lodge, separate from the main hotel. All rooms have a flat-screen TV and iPod dock.Breakfast is served in the Elizabeth Garden Conservatory every morning from 07:30 to 10:00 Monday to Saturday and 08:00 – 10:00 on Sundays. Both serve hearty breakfasts.Just 1,000 feet from the World Heritage Jurassic Coast, Louisa Lodge & Purbeck House Hotel is only 15 miles from lively Bournemouth. Free on-site parking is available.
- Excellent position in town. Large room. Good breakfast.
- Staff very friendly, breakfast was excellent & the room very comfortable.
- Good and plentiful cooked breakfast, friendly staff and an interesting building and garden.
- Excellent breakfast, some of the best sausages I’ve had in a long time.
- Lovely stay, right in the centre of Swanage town. Highly recommend!
Haven Hotel and Spa
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Situated on the Sandbanks Peninsula of Poole Harbour, this elegant hotel features a leisure centre, 2 AA rosette restaurants and panoramic views of Poole Bay. There is also free WiFi and a beauty spa.The bright bedrooms at Haven Hotel and Spa each have a satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities and a private modern bathroom. Some rooms have scenic views towards the Purbeck Hills or Brownsea Island.The Haven restaurant offers fine dining with sea views. The Point restaurant serves fresh seafood and classic British cuisine, and features a spacious terrace. There is also a stylish lounge bar.The leisure centre features indoor and seasonally heated outdoor swimming pools and a fully equipped fitness suite. Guests can also relax in the sauna, spa bath and steam room, or try indulgent treatments in the salon.The wide range of facilities at Haven Hotel and Spa include a fully equipped fitness gym, sauna, steam room, hot tub, indoor plunge pools and a heated, seasonal outdoor pool. There is also a poolside bar and grill for light meals.Haven Hotel and Spa is just a 15-minute drive from Poole Ferry Terminal, offering crossings to the Channel Islands. Sandbanks Beach is just a few feet away.
Very Friendly staff athought got charged £10per night extra because we booked through booking .com
Great time cannot wAit to go back great stay
Food in the restaurant excellent
- We were on our 20th wedding anniversary. I spotted this hotel as it’s on the beach. We were disappointed with the lack of bars and shops in the area.
- Breakfast was very good! The position of this hotel is amazing and very inspirational… Marconi did here the experiments that lead to the 7777 patent for the Radio!
The food was excellent and the staff could not do enough for you. They were friendly and welcoming.
The spa treatment was excellent
- The chain ferry was interesting to watch and it was good to see the ships passing by. The view from the hotel was good but it didn’t make up for the terrible experience of staying there. The hotel is near the jetty for boats to Brownsea Island, which is a plus, but the fares are not cheap and entrance to the Island is extra. Brownsea is a National Trust venue so I would expect it to be expensive. Worth a visit though if you have a spare £14 or more to spend per person.
- Very Friendly staff athought got charged £10per night extra because we booked through booking .com
Mortons House Hotel
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Mortons House Hotel offers accommodations in Wareham. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Enjoy a cup of tea from your terrace or patio. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find room service at the property.Bournemouth is 10 miles from Mortons House Hotel, and Weymouth is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 14 miles from Mortons House Hotel.
- This is a favourite hotel which we have visited several times. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable. Meal excellent.
Very comfortable bed and lovely bedding. The bathroom was spacious with loads of hot water quickly dispensed.
The restaurant food was fantastic, we ate far more than we needed because it was so good.Beautifully presented and delicious.
Views of the castle and the steam train which runs close by.
- The meal was excellent – worthy of its 2 AA rosettes. My partner had bream as a main course, and I had an excellent fillet steak cooked to perfection. The wine list was not excessively pricey. The staff were very friendly and helpful, but see my comment on the waitress service in the restaurant below. The view of Corfe Castle from our room window was stunning. Parking in the hotel car park was excellent, and the overall location was excellent.
- The evening meal was excellent and the waiting. General ambience and sumptious decor.
- Friendly,helpful staff. Nice lounge with open fire.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. With direct access to a Blue Flag beach, this modern hotel provides spectacular views of the famous Sandbanks. It has free Wi-Fi and has an award-winning restaurant, water sports and leisure club.The rooms feature a satellite TV, work area, and tea and coffee-making facilities, along with a private bathroom. Some rooms have views of the sea or harbor.The Seaview Restaurant is open for both breakfast and dinner and features fantastic sea views of Sandbanks Beach. In the warmer months, guests can relax with a drink on the Sandbanks Terrace.Sandbanks Leisure range of facilities includes a 32-foot (30 feet) pool, steam room, sauna and gym. As well as children entertainment during school holidays, the hotel has its own Watersports Academy, with equipment and qualified instructors for activities including windsurfing, kite surfing, water skiing and sailing.
- Lovely stay at Sandbanks Hotel. Our room was very comfortable and the view of the sea fantastic.
- Sunny,light spacious room,with view of the beach and coast. Choice of two restaurants: main restaurant and ‘Compass’ Chinese restaurant; good menu and food of high standard;excellent English breakfast. Lots of open-air space to relax and eat and drink in the sun. Several comfortable bars.Helpful,friendly staff. Ideal place for singles,couples and groups alike. Nice indoor swimming pool and fitness centre; play area for the children.
- I was born in Cornwall so anywhere by the sea is a bonus this hotel is on the best beach around just outside the window is the beach what more could you ask for the staff was fantastic every need taken care off just stay thanks
- Location is great if it wasn’t for that would be 2 star
- After a stroll along the beach on arrival we enjoyed an evening drink on the good sized terrace overlooking the beach. A good choice of places to sit and enjoy the view. The room was a good size and the bathroom too. Good choice at breakfast and enjoyed a meal in the Chinese dining room one evening.
Springfield Country Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Springfield Country Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa offers accommodations in Wareham. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room has a TV. Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom.You will find a hairdresser’s at the property.Bournemouth is 11 miles from Springfield Country Hotel, and Weymouth is 16 miles away. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- The location was good for our needs as on a course. The bar area was nice and the outside space was beautiful albeit a little unkempt! Could have done with some love and attention.
- We came on our anniversary on arriving we’re told they had upgraded our room! The bath was massive, room was lovely and great grounds.
- Fantastic stay. We ate in the bar both nights as the young man serving was friendly and accommodating with my allergies (dairy intolerant) The staff were really helpful and friendly.
- Nice quiet, relaxing location. Only a 20/25 minute walk into Wareham town . Good large rooms, nice staff and good facilities . Also gave free Monkey world tickets on check out .
- Beautiful setting. Clean and well presented. Comfortable.
Royal Bath Hotel & Spa Bournemouth
One of our best sellers in Bournemouth! This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Royal Bath Hotel & Spa Bournemouth offers accommodations in Bournemouth. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms come with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk and hairdresser’s at the property.Bournemouth International Center is 1,300 feet from Royal Bath Hotel & Spa Bournemouth, and Castlepoint Shopping Center is 2.8 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 4.3 miles from Royal Bath Hotel & Spa Bournemouth.
We had a very tinny room the view from the window was a roof and a extraction fan, which was very lowed, could not sleep the bathroom was small the sink was tinny i could not get a hand in it to shave. the pool and gym area; there was a lot of equipment not working, the pool was dirty.
the lift was broken and bin broken for 3 weeks, i have bad arthritis and needed to walk three flights of stairs. i will not be recommending or going back to this hotel again.
- The bed was super comfortable and the grounds of the hotel were incredible.
- The location is ideal. The room we were put in for £175 for 2 nights was like a dungeon. No natural light no view it was out of the way very dated and uncomfortable bed
- best value for money anywhere I have ever stayed ever. Loved it!
We received a free upgrade to an enormous room with sea view which was very comfortable.
The hotel has good facilities and a very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was excellent and well worth the extra cost.
- We had a very tinny room the view from the window was a roof and a extraction fan, which was very lowed, could not sleep the bathroom was small the sink was tinny i could not get a hand in it to shave. the pool and gym area; there was a lot of equipment not working, the pool was dirty.
Top Hotels In Swanage Dorset Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Swanage Dorset to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Swanage Dorset but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Swanage Dorset. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!