10 Best Hotels To Stay In Sunderland Bridge Durham – Top Hotel Reviews
Sunderland Bridge Durham is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Sunderland Bridge Durham. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sunderland Bridge Durham. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sunderland Bridge Durham. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Sunderland Bridge Durham right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Sunderland Bridge Durham with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Sunderland Bridge Durham:
Honest Lawyer Hotel
One of our top picks in Durham.Located in Durham in the region of Durham, 16 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne, Honest Lawyer Hotel features a playground and terrace. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Middlesbrough is 18 miles from Honest Lawyer Hotel, and Sunderland is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- Well Furnished with modern decor. Bar and restaurant was modern and stylish. Staff good and very friendly (Susan on reception was excellent)
- Cost. This is a very cheap hotel – but then you get what you pay for.
- Didn’t use the restaurant so can’t comment on that. The receptionist was very helpful.
- It was spotless and comfortable. The staff were very cheery and helpful. The food was amazing
- We had a lovely weekend break at the Honest Lawyer Hotel all staff were very helpful and friendly check in was very easy ,lovely rooms with pleasant views over looking the field ,bed was very comfy lovely power shower, rooms A1, we will definitely be returning and would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends .
Less than 10 minutes’ drive from the historic city of Durham, the Croxdale Inn sits in the small village of Croxdale just half an hour’s drive from the wilderness of the Pennine dales.All rooms have a HD TV and tea and coffee facilities.The Croxdale has free WiFi and has a traditional wood and stone-panelled bar in the main building. Guests can dine in the inn’s Penash Restaurant.Guests are close to Durham city with its famous cathedral, castle and picturesque walks along the river Wear. The bright lights of Newcastle are a 30-minute drive away whilst the same distance will take guests to the heart of the north Pennines.
- Location was good. Short drive to an Aldi. Cute little town. Manager/Boss Man was very nice. Big bath tub in one room was great. Food (chicken wrap and mixed wrap) was really good and large portions. Playground across the street.
The single room had a very comfortable feeling to it, along with a private bathroom
There was a TV in the room with a wide selection of channels.
Mattress was very comfortable.
An iPhone charging cable was provided after I had lost my one.
- The manager worked very hard and went out of his way to be helpful. He appeared to have a lot of responsibility and little help. We tried the Indian Restaurant on our second night and found the food to be very good.
- Staff helpful above and beyond normal duties, very approachable.
- Friendly and helpful staff. Great curry in evening.
Days Inn Durham
One of our best sellers in Durham! With modern rooms, free Wi-Fi access and free parking Days Inn Durham is just off junction 61 of highway A1 (M), about 4 miles from central Durham.Days Inn Durham is in the Roadchef highway service area at Bowburn Interchange. On site is a Costa coffee shop, a restaurant and a meeting space for up to 15 people.The bedrooms at Durham Days Inn include a 20-inch TV, tea/coffee facilities and a work desk.Durham Tees Valley Airport is about 18 miles away, and can be reached in about a 30 minute drive from the hotel.
- The beds are really comfortable and that the children’s beds are sectioned off.
- Spacious room (because a bed had been removed), pet-friendly, comfortable bed.
- no in house food, you have to use the motorway services which are only costa or mcdonalds..
- My daughter was given an Easter Egg when he checked in. A small gesture, but it made her and hence us happy.
- Cleanliness, accessibility, quietness, and nice staff
Seven Stars Inn
Located in Durham, 15 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne, Seven Stars Inn features a restaurant and free WiFi.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Each room includes a private bathroom equipped with a shower.Middlesbrough is 18 miles from Seven Stars Inn, and Sunderland is 12 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 20 miles from Seven Stars Inn.
Great location for getting into Durham
- Staff very friendly and welcoming. Nice atmosphere in pub. Breakfast was lovely, hearty and well worth the price for the deal. Dinner was excellent and again for deal was excellent value for money. Lovely garden centre at end of road and well worth a visit.
- Excellent location, lovely pub and welcoming staff.
- Delightful. Fantastic large family room, lovely cooked breakfast. Stayed for dinner then lunch the next day toowoth more family members joining us. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food, ambience and location was great. Went for a walk in the woods nearby. Staff very very friendly, couldn’t do enough to make us comfortable. Will definitely be back. Owners also own the nearby Rose Tree.
- Service was polite, friendly and helpful thank you Cloe, Ross, and the lovely gentleman who served breakfast. Which was great, i recommend you have it.
- Friendly staff
Hotel Indigo – Durham
Set In Durham, the Hotel Indigo, featuring a terrace, is just 1,300 feet from Durham Cathedral and located close to many other attractions in Durham.The contemporary rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV, free WiFi and a work desk. The en suite bathroom feature a bathtub, bathrobe and a hairdryer. Most rooms offer views of Durham Cathedral.The Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill serves signature steaks, English and French classics, while the cocktail bar serves a selection of tasty cocktails. The daily breakfast offers à la carte and Full English/Irish options.Guests can make use of the state of the art fitness gym with cardio and weight lifting equipment.The hotel also offers a large meeting room with modern executive furniture and state of the art audio visual equipment.Durham Univeristy is 0.6 miles from Hotel Indigo – Durham. The nearest airport is Newcastle International Airport, 18.6 miles from the accommodation.
- Excellent location of very tastefully renovated building. Staff very helpful & efficient
An amazing building with amazing decor and very friendly staff.
Really looking forward to staying in an Indigo hotel again, I had never been to one before so will look again in the future.
- the building was originally council offices and the conversion retaining all the stunning features from its history are amazing. Staff very friendly and helpful and several said how much they like working in such a stunning building. Marco Pierre White’s restaurant is in the old council chamber and is a WOW, food was as expected very good and breakfast was freshly cooked to order – delicious.
- Fantastic restoration of an old historic building into a classy hotel
- This hotel is a renovated listed building being the original council offices in Durham and they’ve done a fantastic job. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. Restaurant was great. We were attended to by Jessica there who was excellent and very attentive and friendly. It’s location to the best that Durham city has to offer is excellent.
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Centrally located in the historic city of Durham, Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County boasts views of Durham Cathedral and Durham Castle and is situated on the banks of the River Wear.Each room at Durham Marriott Hotel features a flat-screen TV and complimentary access to the leisure centre. Some rooms offer views of the River Wear and upgraded bathroom facilities.Market Kitchen restaurant serves a buffet-style breakfast and dinner. The Brew Bar, along with the Champagne Terrace, serves an extensive selection of breakfast items, sandwiches, mains, sides and desserts along with traditional and bespoke afternoon teas, classic and contemporary cocktails, wines, spirits and soft drinks.There is a Starbucks store situated on the ground floor, which serves a wide variety of teas, coffees, sandwiches and pastries throughout the day. The hotel’s leisure centre boasts an indoor swimming pool, a gym, spa bath, sauna and a steam room.The hotel is 13 miles from Sunderland and less than 20 miles from the centre of Newcastle. High Force Waterfall is 36 miles away and Durham Adventure Valley can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
Generally good facilities – but see next question.
Good location – very convenient for city centre.
- Friendly and efficient staff, superb location and I wanted to take the mattress topper home, such a comfortable, good sized ‘double’ bed.
- Friendly staff, good breakfast and very clean room.
- Excellent location, room clean & bed comfortable. Breakfast very good & staff very friendly & made our stay extra special. Would definitely recommend.
Great breakfast and compliment drinks in lobby.
No towel rails to hang damp towels
- Generally good facilities – but see next question.
One of our best sellers in Durham! The City offers accommodations in Durham. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room comes with a TV. The rooms come with a private bathroom.Newcastle upon Tyne is 14 miles from The City, and Middlesbrough is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 19 miles from The City.
- breakfast was well cooked and a lot of choice So close to everything
- The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast was delicious.
- Beautifully furnished rooms, super clean, friendly and helpful staff and excellent breakfast! Right in the city centre!
- Very friendly, helpful staff. Filling breakfast, excellent location.
- fab location about 10 mins from city centre. the room was lovely really clean and bathroom was spotless. breakfast was superb full english with proper poached eggs and lots to choose from. staff were pleasant and helpful would deffo recommend and would stay again.
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, The Townhouse offers accommodations in Durham. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Certain rooms have a private bathroom with a hot tub, and others have bathrobes and free toiletries. Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A flat-screen TV is featured.Newcastle upon Tyne is 14 miles from Town House, and Middlesbrough is 19 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 19 miles from The Townhouse.
- Location was very good, close to the centre and amenities. Room was comfortable, particularly the bed and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Food was phenomenal
Outstanding bedroom (we had the garden room)
- Staff were so nice, room was built for a princess!
- The decor , food was amazing little on the small side but taste wise faultless , great power shower and very comfy bed
- I loved the room. Breakfast was excellent and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Location walking distance to Cathedral and other sites.
Bowburn Hall Hotel
One of our top picks in Durham.Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Bowburn Hall Hotel offers accommodations in Durham, just 17 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.Middlesbrough is 16 miles from Bowburn Hall Hotel, and Sunderland is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 22 miles from Bowburn Hall Hotel.
- Friendly welcoming staff cosy hotel great facilities
- Lovely hotel with excellent bar and food.very polite and helpful staff.will stay again.
- The Garden was beautiful. So was tge conservatory restaurant & the food was excellent.
- Good service friendly good food and a very nice gardens
- Friendly atmosphere. Staff make u feel really comfortable would defiantly stay here again.
Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel
Located in Spennymoor in the region of Durham, 18 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne, Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel features a playground and sun terrace. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms include a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, room service and a gift shop at the property.Durham is 5 miles from Whitworth Hall Hotel, and Middlesbrough is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 23 miles from the property.
The staff we’re all lovely,the food was excellent, the room was beautifull,the only down side was the room was too hot and the plumbing was very noisy.
The deer we’re superb, they are one of my favourite animals and to get so close and feed them I was thrilled,we will definanatly go back.
- Bed comfy. Supplies of tea coffee – biscuits plentiful and very nice. Staff friendly. Hotel warm.Gave help with heavy bags much appreciated.
- Staff are friendly nothing isn’t to much hassle for them
- Great place. Really reasonable price in beautiful surroundings. Fab breakfast
- Excellent cuisine charming and helpful staff. Quiet location. Great dining ambience very good wine by the glass. Great breakfast choice including excellent smoked salmon or haddock beautifully cooked. Good draught bitter.
- The staff we’re all lovely,the food was excellent, the room was beautifull,the only down side was the room was too hot and the plumbing was very noisy.
Top Hotels In Sunderland Bridge Durham Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Sunderland Bridge Durham to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Sunderland Bridge Durham but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Sunderland Bridge Durham. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!