10 Best Hotels To Stay In Stowford Devon – Top Hotel Reviews
Stowford Devon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Stowford Devon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Stowford Devon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Stowford Devon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Stowford Devon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Stowford Devon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Stowford Devon:
Fox and grapes
Located in Lifton, 20 miles from Plymouth, Fox and grapes features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a shared bathroom equipped with a bathtub. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.Padstow is 30 miles from Fox and grapes, and Port Isaac is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 35 miles from Fox and grapes.
- Staff were friendly and service was good. Room was clean and so were bathrooms. Providing plenty of tea/coffee and biscuits was a nice touch, as was toiletries in the bathrooms. Breakfast was good
- The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was home made and very good
- The bed was very comfy, the facilities were great. The food was excellent.
- Great full English breakfast I had an early start on my second night and the landlady made me a pack lunch
- Staff were excellent and went beyond what was expected.
Lydford Country House
The 4-star Lydford Country House is set amongst 8 acres of grounds within Dartmoor National Park. Lydford Gorge is a 15-minute walk away.The spacious bedrooms at Lydford House have tea/coffee facilities and most have free Wi-Fi access. All rooms have an LCD TV and modern bathroom, and some have scenic views across Dartmoor.Guests can enjoy a drink with a homemade scone in the the lounge with a log burner, or relax on the terrace. The reception sells various alcoholic drinks.Lydford is set in a grand Victorian house, and the magnificent gardens feature quiet terraces and pretty ponds.Lydford Country House leads onto the Granite Way Trail, and is surrounded by breathtaking walks. There is free parking, and the moorland market towns of Tavistock and Okehampton are a 15-minute drive away. The Cornish north coast, South Devon coast and the Eden Project are all less than an hour’s drive away.
- Friendly atmosphere – staff – breakfast – everything!
- It is a peaceful quality hotel with excellent walking in the area.
- I liked the location very much as it was on route for my journey the next day. Lovely place. Very nice.
- Everything, great location, comfy bed, generous breakfast. It was also a bonus being able to get an evening meal.
- Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was freshly cooked and always hot. Lovely venue.
Located in Lifton, 20 miles from Plymouth, Arundell Arms features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a TV. Some units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking and hiking. Padstow is 30 miles from Arundell Arms, and Port Isaac is 24 miles from the property. Newquay Airport is 34 miles away.
- Atmosphere is lovely & welcoming, food is great and staff are always helpful.
- The bed was very comfortable. The lounge was nice and welcoming the fire was lit
- Doggy- friendliness! and all staff smiling and helpful
- Welcoming, suited us to eat in the bar, good parking, quiet
- I couldn’t ask for more, welcome on a very late arrival was very gratifying
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, Hotel Endsleigh is located in Milton Abbot. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Extras include bathrobes and slippers.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. Plymouth is 16 miles from Hotel Endsleigh, and Padstow is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 34 miles from Hotel Endsleigh.
- Food and service were impeccable, the Hotel grounds are beautiful. Nice touch with the available wellies and rain coats. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Chef Jose, big thanks for his advice and great character!
- Excellent afternoon tea in beautiful surroundings. The gardens & views are superb.
- Charming staff, seriously comfortable and stylish, unfussy, unspoilt country-house hotel restored to it’s former hunting-lodge glory. Truly individual hotel reflecting the owner’s legendary sense of what’s ‘just right’ and obvious love of the property, it’s history and the estate as a whole. Fantastic Repton gardens, woodland and views over the Tamar.
What a place to stay.
Lovely landscaped gardens taken care of all year round. Historic house full of British character and Italian furniture. Tremendeously different rooms full of nice antiques and warm colours. Mrs. Polizzi has done an amazing job. Thank you
Hotel Endsleigh is an outstanding hotel. The setting, hotel, staff and cuisine are superb.
We return regularly.
The Dartmoor is located in Lydford, 28 miles from Torquay and 19 miles from Plymouth. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub. A flat-screen TV is provided.Exeter is 25 miles from The Dartmoor, and Tavistock is 7 miles away. Exeter International Airport is 30 miles from the property.
- A delightful one-night stay in this delightful, tastefully decorated Inn on the edge of Dartmoor. Lovely room with a comfy bed. Superb evening meal: the fries were the best if ever tasted!
- We’ve stayed here a few times now, and it never fails to impress. Such a lovely place with amazing food and lovely staff.
- The food was imaginative and delicious with friendly service
- Brilliant welcome and service provided by Philip and his team during our weekend break with an excellent choice of food, wine and beers on offer. Breakfast was also outstanding 😀
- Beautiful room. Fabulous bar area with the fire lit and a good selection of drinks
Featuring free WiFi, Bearslake Inn offers accommodations in Bridestowe. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Torquay is 29 miles from Bearslake Inn, and Plymouth is 22 miles away. Exeter International Airport is 30 miles from the property.
- This property has so much charm and character! The views out back to the Moors with a lovely little stream beside was delightful. Pleasant surprise that there were breakfast choices and everyone was pleased with the quality of the meal.
- Character and charm, location, friendly staff helped us more than once, and an excellent breakfast. Highly recommended.
- This was a late booking and the staff were very accommodating, food was superb
- Fantastic property in a beautiful location. Staff were lovely – we had a great stay
Brilliant location, great staff and wonderful food
Character Inn with real history and style
The Eagle House Hotel
The Eagle House Hotel is located in Launceston, just 21 miles from Plymouth. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room has a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room comes with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.Padstow is 26 miles from The Eagle House Hotel, and Port Isaac is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 31 miles from the property.
- Nice room, large comfortable bed, delicious breakfast .
that the hotel changed our room with no argument as the first one did not meet our requirements.the staff really couldn’t do enough for you.
food was really good too.
- Staff very welcoming, room lovely, big bathroom, bed comfy, amazing building
- The bed was excellent, very pleased with that.We had asked for a quiet room, which was provided.
- Staff and owner were very friendly and professional, breakfast was very good. Would be more than happy to recommend the hotel to others and visit again. We were made to feel very welcome and appreciated the personal touch by all staff and owner.
One of our top picks in Tavistock.Located in Tavistock, 28 miles from Torquay, Bedford Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a TV.You will find room service at the property.The area is popular for biking and hiking. The hotel also provides bike rental. Plymouth is 12 miles from Bedford Hotel, and Exeter is 30 miles from the property. Exeter International Airport is 34 miles away.
Good central location with plenty of parking.
Had a sense of pride about it from those working there.
No real issues.
Good place to eat with casual or formal dining.
Waitress service good in dinning room
Food was good -Cheeses
Break fast good smoked haddock and eggs excellent
- Upgraded to a huge four poster which was supremely comfortable. The room was spacious and facilities good
- Staff especially in the restaurant were lovely. The rooms are nice and the hotel is well maintained.
- all staff were friendly and helpful. the food was delicious. the bed comfortable we were able to check in early which was very helpful
- Good central location with plenty of parking.
The Queen’s Head Wetherspoon
The Queen’s Head Wetherspoon offers accommodations in Tavistock.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room has a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Torquay is 28 miles from The Queen’s Head Wetherspoon, and Plymouth is 12 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 35 miles from The Queen’s Head Wetherspoon.
- It’s a Wetherspoons so you didn’t have to worry about where to get your next meal from.
- Room size was very good. Although breakfast not included in the room cost, there was plenty of selection at a variety of prices. The bar area was very busy but the room was very quiet.
- Fantastic hotel. Rooms were excellent and beds were extremely comfortable. Best hotel I have stayed in.
- Really friendly and helpful staff. Hotel was spotless and rooms were brilliant and extremely comfortable. Restaurant was fab to. Best hotel I have stayed in.
- Beds really comfortable, room clean and tidy and very friendly helpful staff
The Duke of Tavistock
Located in Tavistock, 28 miles from Torquay, The Duke of Tavistock features free WiFi access and free private parking.Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Plymouth is 12 miles from The Duke of Tavistock, and Exeter is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 35 miles from the property.
- The hosts, the building’s style and cleanliness, and the exceptional breakfast.
- Superb stay! Dan & Andrea were so so lovely, welcoming & kind. They went out of their way to help us & made sure we were comfortable. You feel like you are staying at a friend’s house. The accommodation is beautiful – very high end, clean & well situated. Quirky & classy interior design. Every little detail has been thought out to ensure your stay is enjoyable. Can not fault a thing, will be returning. Thank you so much – one of the best mini break accommodations we’ve been to 🙂
- Personable, down to earth & attention to detail. Catered a wonderful gluten free breakfast & nothing too much trouble. Made my 10 year old super welcome & like a Duke. Highly recommended
All the staff knew your first name and were extremely welcoming, friendly and engaging.
The beds were amazingly comfortable and luxurious.
- This is an excellent B&B with service and ambiance that would put many hotels to shame. Courteous, clean and (very) comfy, a great location with a 5 minute stroll into the center of town.
Top Hotels In Stowford Devon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Stowford Devon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Stowford Devon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Stowford Devon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!