10 Best Hotels To Stay In South Portland Maine – Top Hotel Reviews
South Portland Maine is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in South Portland Maine. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in South Portland Maine. You’re probably wondering where to stay in South Portland Maine. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in South Portland Maine right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in South Portland Maine with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In South Portland Maine:
Days Inn Airport/Maine Mall
Portland International Jetport is 2.2 miles from this South Portland, Maine hotel. The hotel provides free airport transportation, as well as an indoor pool, business center and rooms with free WiFi.A coffee maker, work desk and a safe are standard in every room at Days Inn Airport/Maine Mall. Cable TV with Premium channels is also included.Guests can use the fitness centre and laundry facilities on site at Airport/Maine Mall Days Inn. Fresh, hot coffee and the daily newspaper are available in the lobby.A continental breakfast is served each morning in the breakfast area. Chili’s restaurant is adjacent to the hotel.Hadlock Field, a Minor League baseball stadium, is 4.5 miles from this hotel. Cumberland County Civic Center is 5.8 miles away. Crescent Beach State Park is 9.1 miles away.
- Excellent customer service and clean well appointed rooms.For the price it was terrific.
- the price was excellent for this hotel stay, and the location perfect. the rooms were clean, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. i will definitely stay here again!
- All staff were professional, courteous, and friendly. After checking out, my flights were canceled. I called the hotel and asked for another night reservation, which was accommodated immediately. The location is great. The mall and airport are close by and a restaurant is just a walk across the parking lot. The hotel is a great value for the price. I would definitely stay here again.
- The hotel was extremely quiet: it might not have been booked to full capacity, but even the noise of the highway was blocked out for the most part. I have never before stayed in a budget hotel where I didn’t wake up by door slamming at least once. Here I had a blissful night of sleep!
- Excellent location, amenities abound. Fast/friendly shuttle service. Pleasant staff. Great quality all around.
Econo Lodge Maine Mall
Econo Lodge Maine Mall is located in South Portland, just 4.3 miles from Portland. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a TV.There is free shuttle service at the property.Ogunquit is 30 miles from Econo Lodge Maine Mall, and Freeport is 19 miles away. Portland International Jetport Airport is 1.2 miles from the property.
- The breakfast could have been better there was not much there to choose from also the manager of the property was not friendly and was quite rude but the lady at the front desk was young very polite and always smiling and willing to help unfortunately she always had to check with the manager again was not polite not warming at all we were there during a storm and the plowing could have been a lot better the parking spots were never plowed so it was hard to get in and out of the spots
- Staff were super helpful in getting me to the airport for an early flight and also helping me get to my car after my trip
- The location is right and it is not far from the interstate so it is a no brainer.
- Staff were helpful and friendly. Location to shopping areas were quite convenient. Parking was right in front of our first floor room that we did request from BOOKING.COM. A very good deal for the price. Will do this again…..w
- There was a snow storm while I was there and the parking lot was well maintained. The housekeeper was very friendly. It was a very nice respite.
Tru By Hilton Portland Airport Area Me
Tru By Hilton Portland Airport Area Me offers accommodations in South Portland. Free private parking is available on site.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hotel. Portland is 5 miles from Tru By Hilton Portland Airport, and Ogunquit is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Portland International Jetport Airport, 1.9 miles from Tru By Hilton Portland Airport Area Me.
- Accommodations were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and very helpful.
- From the accommodations to the service…I felt like a king…best hotel ever
- Breakfast was great…bed pretty good and confortable
- The breakfast bare was not very good… had a lot of stuff that did not go well with the food that was provided
I love everything
The bed and blankets
The heating system
Howard Johnson South Portland
One of our best sellers in South Portland! Close to Interstate 295, this South Portland hotel features offers free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour front desk, and rooms equipped with cable TV. Downtown Portland is 4 miles away.A work desk is available in each traditionally decorated room at Howard Johnson South Portland. Coffee-making facilities are also included.A continental breakfast is served each morning and it includes hot coffee or tea along with fresh fruit and pastries.Guests can work out in the fitness center or use the business center that has fax and photocopying services. A heated indoor pool is also available.The Maine Mall is 1 miles from the South Portland Howard Johnson. The Portland International Jetport is 3 miles away.
- VERY PLEASED WITH ROOM, OVERALL. HOWEVER, OUR BREAKFAST WAS ONLY WARM AND COOLED SOON AFTER WE MADE OUR PLATE. YOU WOULD BE “GOOD TO GO” IF YOU PUT A MICROWAVE IN THE EATING AREA.
- Everything was great. Pool was neat and clean, breakfast was great, staff was super nice at check-in.
- We always stay there. It’s very adequate for our needs and granddaughter loves the pool.
- The sheets to the bed didn’t fit. I felt that was gross sleeping on the mattress. And not enough blankets on the bed.
- VERY clean, though which makes all the shabbiness OKAY. Thankfully you have excellent staff who know how to clean and be friendly to guests.
Comfort Inn Airport
This hotel offers airport shuttle services and rooms with free cable TV in South Portland, just 6 miles from Maine’s Atlantic coast.The rooms at the hotel are all non-smoking and air conditioned. They have ironing facilities and coffee makers for guest use.The Comfort Inn provides shuttle service to nearby Portland International Jetport. Guests can enjoy breakfast and free weekday newspapers on the hotel’s patio. Wi-fi is free throughout the hotel, which also has laundry facilities.Easily reached from Interstate 95, Comfort Inn South Portland is less than one mile from the Maine Mall. Beech Ridge Motor Speedway and Scarborough Downs Racing are both 3 miles away. The Portland Museum of Art is 4 miles from the hotel.
- Comfy beds, very clean, really good breakfast, staff was really nice. The hotel is dog friendly which is wonderful and the staff always happy to see Buck when we were coming and going.
- Very satisfied with the cable connection. And one of the best showers I’ve had in a hotel in a while
- Loved decor, roominess, and convenience. Near airport. Much more than expected. Waffles were great!
- The staff is the nicest staff of any hotel we have ever stayed at! The room was clean and very comfortable and the free breakfast is amazing!
- I loved the SUPER comfortable bed and the ability to control the heating/ fan. Quiet atmosphere and nice staff
Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
One of our top picks in South Portland.Showcasing a hot tub and fitness center, Hampton Inn Portland-Airport is located in South Portland. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service at the property.Portland is 4.5 miles from Hampton Inn Portland-Aprt, and Ogunquit is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Portland International Jetport Airport, 1.9 miles from Hampton Inn Portland-Airport.
- We were enjoying a weekend getaway. It was great!
- Very conveniently located. Welcoming staff. Warm cookies just out of the oven!
- Helpful and friendly staff from Front Desk to Housekeeping
- This was a great place for us to stop on our way back to Canada!
- Location. Rooms were clean. Free tea, coffee and chocolate.
DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, ME
This Portland hotel is located 2 miles from the Portland International Jetport and features an on-site restaurant. The Portland Observatory is a 12-minute drive away.Each guest room at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, ME features a flat-screen cable TV and free Wi-Fi. They are decorated in light colors and dark wood furnishings, and have a microwave and a refrigerator.Guests can swim in the indoor heated pool or use the business center. 24-hour front desk services are also available at the Portland DoubleTree Hotel.The Blue Wave Grille serves casual meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.The Portland Museum of Art is a 10-minute drive from the hotel. Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum is 7 miles away.
- Great staff and executive lounge was a nice addition food was great
- Staff was exceptionally nice and friendly. The cookies were good and always warm!
- The bed was comfy, the sheets were a bit Pilly but other than that it was a great stay!
- It was surrounded by plenty of stores and places to eat. I didn’t spend enough time in the area to give a decent review.
- The room was clean. The staff was very good. The hotel was quiet, noise wise.
Holiday Inn Express South Portland
Holiday Inn Express South Portland offers accommodations in South Portland.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service at the property.Portland is 4.3 miles from Holiday Inn South Portland, and Ogunquit is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Portland International Jetport Airport, 1.2 miles from Holiday Inn Express South Portland.
- beds were comfy, clean hotel kids loved the pool. Close to stores in Portland
- The buffet breakfast was far better than similar hotels that we stayed in. Aziz is to be commended on keeping the area clean, neat, hot and varied. Well done!
- The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.
- Staff very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast delicious. Room very clean.
- Very accommodating and pleasant. Great continental breakfast.
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Moments from the historic attractions of Portland, Maine, this charming hotel is conveniently located off highway I-95 and features a complimentary hot breakfast daily and an indoor/outdoor heated pool.The Best Western Merry Manor Inn is only a short drive from local beaches and the historic Portland Headlight lighthouse. The scenic harbor area, antique shops, and museums are also in close proximity.After a day exploring the surrounding areas, guests at the Merry Manor Best Western can relax in the year-round pool, enjoy a meal at the on-site restaurant or work out in the fitness center.
- We had au d’oeuvres and wine by the window in the restaurant overlooking the bay. It was heavenly.
- Loved the homey atmosphere with the fireplaces and comfy seating to enjoy.
- The older woman I’m sorry to say older I just didn’t catch her name was really sweet she made sure my stay was great , the lady at the bar Misty ? I don’t remember her name either but she was really sweet they made my stay enjoyable THANK YOU
- The staff was able to allow us an early check in as we arrived earlier then expected due to a snow storm. My son loved the pool and the make your own waffles at breakfast. The staff that we did communicate with was always very nice and accommodating.
- I thought Laura was very helpful and sincere. The restaurant was great!
Featuring free WiFi, Knights Inn offers accommodations in South Portland.Every room includes a private bathroom. A TV is featured.Portland is 3.7 miles from Knights Inn, and Ogunquit is 30 miles from the property. Portland International Jetport Airport is 1.9 miles away.
- Parking was easy & plenty & the benches outside the rooms were a plus
- I liked Absolutely nothing. horrible, horrible place.
- Comfortable bed. Convenient parking. Coffee and doughnuts available in the office.
- Greta place to stay at a much more reasonable rate, Only thing that may improve was to mount TV a bit higher on wall so easier to see when laying in bed. Rooms look remodeled, good AC, mini fridge, hairdryer and iron and board available in room. Large bathroom and comfortable bed.
- We were looking for a budget friendly spot in portland to spend the night avoid driving home and back the next day for a festival in the area – for this the Knights Inn was perfect. The location is close enough to downtown Portland, the beds were comfy and Dunkin Donuts is right across the street~
Top Hotels In South Portland Maine Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in South Portland Maine to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in South Portland Maine but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in South Portland Maine. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!