10 Best Hotels To Stay In South Hancock Maine – Top Hotel Reviews
South Hancock Maine is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in South Hancock Maine. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in South Hancock Maine. You’re probably wondering where to stay in South Hancock Maine. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in South Hancock Maine right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in South Hancock Maine with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In South Hancock Maine:
Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Conference Center
One of our top picks in Bar Harbor.This Bar Harbor waterfront property features daily nature cruises from its private dock and has both indoor and outdoor pools. Acadia National Park is one mile from the hotel.Cable TV and free Wi-Fi are included in each room at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Conference Center. The warmly decorated rooms have a refrigerator, coffee machine, and work desk.A daily continental breakfast is served at the Bar Harbor Atlantic Oceanside Hotel. Guests can visit the fitness center or relax in the hot tub. A free seasonal shuttle to Acadia National Park and downtown Bar Harbor is available.Cadillac Mountain is 7 miles away. Bar Harbor Whale Watch is one mile from the hotel.
- The staff is always friendly. The rooms are quiet. Breakfast is hearty. Pool hours are late enough for evening swims.
- Breakfast was great with many options. And the room was excellent with a great morning sunrise view. The bed was quite comfy. The public hot tub was all ours and was a wonderful presleep ritual to have.
- The beds were wonderful. The views were excellent. Good location
- What’s not to like? This property is amazing. December visit did not disappoint. Right on the water, beautiful & clean facilities, most kind and amazing staff. Breakfast was delicious. Special designated area for Gluten-Free. Can’t wait for our next visit!
Perfectly nice staff, spacious and clean room, new building with an awesome view, many parking spaces.
The room offered everything we needed including a big shower in a really nice bathroom!
Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency Hotel
One of our top picks in Bar Harbor.Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency Hotel offers accommodations in Bar Harbor.Every room has a private bathroom.There is free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk, an ATM and a shops at the property.You can play tennis at this hotel, and the area is popular for hiking. The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 40 miles from the property.
Location is good – it is far enough from the busy town but not too far to reach the entertainment.
It is next to the ocean so we can enjoy the scenic ocean backdrop from the room.
- The Holiday Inn at Bar Harbor Regency was nice but it was our second room (in 2 nights) due to a required change to our initial booking (as we needed to extend our stay and the initial hotel was not available). Parking was plentiful, the staff – though busy-were helpful and pleasant. The room was fine, and the view to the water very good. The grounds looked beautiful even if not all amenities were available to us.
- Great Location. It is close to the Acadia national park and downtown.
Rooms need to be updated.
Staff , when checking in, were very short and not friendly
- Could always find a parking spot close to the hotel.
- Location is good – it is far enough from the busy town but not too far to reach the entertainment.
Bar Harbor Inn and Spa
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Bar Harbor Inn and Spa offers accommodations in Bar Harbor. The hotel has a seasonal outdoor pool, playground and terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.There is a 24-hour front desk, room service, luggage storage space and a gift shop at the property.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 42 miles from Bar Harbor Inn and Spa.
Location in town was great!
Cozy and beautiful, service great.
- Beautiful area. We could live here in a heart beat, except for the winters!
- Beautiful location. Comfortable room. Perfect access to the business I was conducting.
- Loved this amazing gem of a hotel. Had a room in the lodge with a balcony looking out on the sea which was amazing and a must if staying here. Room was really nice and warm and beds were super cosy. Amazing bathroom and breakfast was fantastic. Location in bar Harbour was perfect and staff super nice and helpful. 1000000% want to return and stay here again.
- The view was spectacular and the food was plentiful.
- Location in town was great!
Located 1 miless from Acadia National Park, Acadia Inn has an on-site trail that accesses the park. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning and guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool.The hotel also has a hot tub by the pool for guests to relax in. Tea and coffee is available all day and guests can travel around the local area by a seasonal shuttle.The rooms at Acadia Inn – Bar Harbor are warmly decorated, and include amenities like a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms also have a refrigerator and free Wi-Fi.Sand Beach is 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel and Kebo Valley Golf Club is 1 mile away. College of the Atlantic is opposite the property.
Room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast was great, they also had “snacks” throughout the day like soup, tea, coffee, etc.
- They pick a special guest of the day randomly and provide them with a tote of treats. Very nice touch. Very welcoming.
The room was a nice large size, with plenty of lighting. The windows opened and since we were on the 3rd floor we didn’t worry about anyone getting in. The bathroom had proper lighting and a fan, so the mirror didn’t fog up. There was a broken tile in the bathroom in front of the toilet which was annoying but didn’t harm anything. Loved that they had a laundry room downstairs and gladly made change for you and sold small boxes of laundry soap. Also had seating in the laundry room or in the lobby so you could read and wait their for your clothes. The breakfast area was very nice. Two rooms so that if one room was crowded you could easily move into the next room. Food was adequate, hot breakfast, yogurts and yummy granola, cereals and pastries. Great that the shuttle picks you up right in front under the portico.
Very helpful and friendly staff. We would definitely stay here again!
- Very pleasant and helpful staff. Very good breakfast.
- We were very impressed with the breakfast and afternoon snacks. The dining area was very comfortable and spacious. The decor in the whole hotel was light and bright despite the rain outside! It was a very pleasant stay!
- Room was clean and spacious.
Comfort Inn Ellsworth
Located in Ellsworth, 26 miles from Bangor, Comfort Inn Ellsworth features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a TV. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 27 miles from Comfort Inn Ellsworth.
- the breakfast was good. the staff was very professional/friendly.
- Breakfast was great. Staff were excellent. We even stayed an extra night and they were pleased to accommodate us.
- Easy to check in. Room was clean and comfortable. Overall, a wonderful experience
- Wonderful and attentive staff. Good selection for breakfast. Nice location.
- The location was great for the price and the room itself was really nice. Great bed an entertainment system. Very friendly staff.
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel
One of our top picks in Bar Harbor – and a guest favorite.
Featuring free WiFi and a seasonal outdoor pool, Bar Harbor Grand Hotel offers accommodations in Bar Harbor.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 42 miles from Bar Harbor Grand Hotel.
- Great location! Right on the main strip and not far from the hiking trails. Their continental breakfast had some of the best variety I’ve seen which is a plus for early morning hikers that would like to avoid the breakfast bustle downtown. Would definitely stay there again!
- The room was very large, clean and comfy. The heating was amazing too, the room got very warm in just a few minutes.
- We were surprised that there was egg whites and sausage at the continental breakfast. As we were at the tail end of the time for breakfast, everything was still full and the hotel encourages the staff to eat what was not consumed by the guests. Everyone hates to see food wasted and this was a win-win for hotel. I will be going back here and recommending the Grand Hotel because of this. And the place looks and feels like it was renovated last year, although the book in the room says 2003!
- A very nice reasonably priced, clean, modern hotel with a vintage feel located very close to numerous shops and restaurants. The friendly and efficient staff had a knack for being right there when we needed them.
- Hotel was in the perfect location. Very friendly staff and a wonderful free breakfast! Rooms were large n comfy ?
Open Hearth Inn
Featuring free WiFi, Open Hearth Inn offers accommodations in Trenton. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this inn is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 34 miles from Open Hearth Inn.
No reviews yet.
Colonial Inn Ellsworth
Colonial Inn Ellsworth is located in Ellsworth, 27 miles from Bangor and 14 miles from Bar Harbor. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.Bangor Airport is 29 miles away.
- Mattress was a little hard for my taste but overall a great visit.
- Nothing, it really needs to be inspected, electrical is sketchy, carpet was filthy. And a cockroach was crawling on the floor.
- The room was spacious with parking outside the patio door.
- It was handy to the places I wanted to see and an easy drive to downtown eateries.
- Very accommodating. I had booked a single bed and they were able to accommodate.
Bluenose Inn – Bar Harbor Hotel
This Mount Desert Island property, offering panoramic views of Frenchman Bay, is within a 10-minute drive of Acadia National Park. It features a spa, heated indoor and outdoor pools and free Wi-Fi.The Mizzentop’s Great Room serves cocktails and has live piano music. Bluenose Inn-Bar Harbor Hotel also houses the Looking Glass restaurant.All guest rooms provide a flat-screen cable TV, along with a mini-fridge and Keurig coffee maker. A DVD player is available upon request. All rooms in the Mizzentop building feature a fireplace and a private balcony overlooking Frenchman Bay.Guests at Bluenose Inn-Bar Harbor Hotel can work out in the gym and relax in the hot tub or in the steam room. Unique Maine-made souvenirs are available in the 24-hour gift shop.The property is within walking distance of the George B. Dorr Museum of Natural History. Downtown Bar Harbor and the Bar Harbor Whale Watch Company are just under 1 miles away.
- Massage chair in room!! Comfortable bed and nice balcony to watch the sun rise. Fabulous indoor pool area, the pool was a perfect temperature.
- Bed was comfortable, bathroom was spacious, view couldn’t be beat and Great Room with Bill and Dee was fantastic!
- We liked the fire place in the room and the balcony. We enjoyed the Great room, the bartender and the piano playing. We also had fun at the pool, and the location of the hotel was close to the downtown area. The view from our room was beautiful, looking right out to the water.
- Great staff, huge room with a great view of the bay!
- Great location, great building, nice sea view from the bedrooms, helpful and nice staff
Wonder View Inn
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and an outdoor pool, Wonder View Inn offers pet-friendly accommodations in Bar Harbor. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 41 miles from the property.
- Ideal location for the short walk into Bar Harbour & a good view from our Ocean View room
- I had an Ocean View room, which was large and very clean. I loved my view, the amenities and the staff. It is an older hotel but my room was incredibly clean. I found the staff to be knowledgeable about the area with good recommendations. The restaurant on property was good and I was able to sit outside on the deck with my dog. The property itself was lovely, woods, greenery and several different accommodations spread throughout, so it was nice when taking my dog for a walk.
- The view from the restaurant and from our room was spectacular! (Room 66.) The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the complimentary breakfast was great. The island shuttle stops right at the hotel lobby which is really convenient.
- The location was amazing, very close to downtown Bar Harbor.
- Nice place for something out of the 50’s or 60’s style motel. However, that was part of the charm of staying there. It was like stepping back in time.
Top Hotels In South Hancock Maine Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in South Hancock Maine to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in South Hancock Maine but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in South Hancock Maine. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!