10 Best Hotels To Stay In South Evanston Illinois – Top Hotel Reviews
South Evanston Illinois is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in South Evanston Illinois. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in South Evanston Illinois. You’re probably wondering where to stay in South Evanston Illinois. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in South Evanston Illinois right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in South Evanston Illinois with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In South Evanston Illinois:
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
One of our best sellers in Evanston! Located in Evanston in the region of Illinois, 12 miles from Chicago, Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston features a terrace and fitness center. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms come with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Schaumburg is 21 miles from Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston, and Rosemont is 11 miles from the property. Chicago O’Hare International Airport is 12 miles away.
- Staying second time. Very friendly staff. Warm atmosphere.
- Perfect stay. Friendly personnel. Clean. Breakfast.
- We’ve stayed at this Hyatt House half a dozen times now, and it continues to be fairly consistent. Gym is fantastic. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Breakfast is solid (great omelette bar) and healthy. On this stay, room rate was terrific value for money at just over $110 per night. Sometimes it is $225+ at which point not such a great value. Location excellent for NU visiting and downtown Evanston.
- What I liked about the property was the location was in a great spot. It was easy to spot the building and easy to park.
- The people were very nice, the room was very comfortable, we had enough plugs for our electronic devices and it was generally quiet at night. It is in the middle of downtown Evanston, so it was easy to find restaurants, shops and the El. Also, our car was retrieved quickly.
Holiday Inn Chicago North-Evanston
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Holiday Inn Chicago North-Evanston offers accommodations in Evanston, just 12 miles from Chicago. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Schaumburg is 21 miles from Holiday Inn Chicago North-Evanston, and Rosemont is 11 miles away. Chicago O’Hare International Airport is 12 miles from the property.
- The room was very clean, breakfast was great and the staff that worked there were extremely friendly and helpful, especially those in the restaurant.
- Friendly staff, spacious room, and quick ride to Northwestern!
- Website said the parking was a block away—but it was a parking garage attached to the hotel.
- Good value for downtown Evanston. Everything is clean.
- Everything except the breakfast. Paid over $10 for some plain scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of toast plus coffee. Very poor value for the money
The Homestead Evanston
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. This Williamsburg-style hotel in Evanston, Illinois was built in 1927 is 2 blocks from Northwestern University. A contemporary American restaurant is on site and traditional guest rooms include free Wi-Fi.Bright rooms at The Homestead include cable TV with a DVD player and coffee facilities. Each provides a seating area and is air conditioned.Grosse Point Lighthouse is a 5-minute drive from The Homestead Evanston. Downtown Chicago is 14.6 miles south of the hotel.Quince restaurant offers a full wine list. A daily continental breakfast is available.An exercise room is located in the hotel or guests can relax in the library.
I really enjoyed to stay, actually second time for me.
Close to shops and easy to access.
Staff were so nice.
- Offered all accommodations – breakfast, lunch, dinner. Excellent food and service.
- I liked most everything. Charming place in a wonderful location. Great value for the money.
- Had the one bedroom suite. It was huge with lots of closet space. Room service was excellent. The location was great, walking distance to the lake.
- It really is a home away from home. We stayed in a very spacious apartments and the breakfast in the morning was a big bonus. Not only for the food, but to meet our fellow travelers. Very nice relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful historic building completes the setting. And from here with express (purple line) in no time in downtown. With kids very nice to be so close to beach, playgrounds, parks, all in 5 minutes walking!
- I really enjoyed to stay, actually second time for me.
Margarita European Inn – Chicago Evanston
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Margarita European Inn – Chicago Evanston offers accommodations in Evanston, just 12 miles from Chicago.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.Schaumburg is 20 miles from Margarita European Inn, and Rosemont is 10 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Chicago O’Hare International Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- Staff extremely friendly and helpful checking in and out. Very nice room–comfortable bed & large bathroom. Loved the delicious French pastries and unique breakfast options! Parking behind the hotel is a plus. We have stayed here before and we will stay here again!
Stafff was great
Make breakfast till 11. We did not get to enjoy it because we left at checkout time. More information about history in each of round
- It was a period place: 1930’s. Had a parlor and vintage elevator. Building has a history to tell, used to house single working women. Very interesting!
- Clean staff extremely accommodating. Breakfast by Felipe was excellent
- Not much of a selection for breakfast but it tasted well.
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Ideally located in downtown Evanston, this 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, a well-equipped gym and rooms with a 32-inch flat-screen TV. Northwestern University is just 2 blocks away.The elegant rooms at Hilton Orrington are styled in rich colors and maple wood furniture. Each includes an iPod docking station, stocked minibar and a laptop safe. A lounge chair and spa bathtub amenities are also provided.Free Wi-Fi and a 24-hour business center are available at Hilton Orrington/Evanston. The concierge desk can arrange various activities.Evanston Hilton serves American cuisine at Globe Café, which is open all day. The casual restaurant has flat-screen TVs and newspapers. Indigo Lounge features signature martinis as well as wine and beer.Centennial Park, right on Lake Michigan, is a 10 minute walk away. Wrigley Field is a 20 minute drive from this hotel and O’Hare International Airport is 30 minutes away by car.
- This property is an excellent location in downtown Evanston, just off the south end of Northwestern University. The price for this particular stay was very reasonable. Certain aspects of the room were quite comfortable and functional — the bed was firm, there was a big cozy easy chair for reading, a nice sized desk and stocked mini-frig. There is a reasonably sized gym with good working equipment.
- We were immediately greeted by professionals at the door, who made us feel like we were visiting a friend instead of staying at a hotel. The front desk staff were expedient and welcoming. The room was freshly cleaned, the bed was very comfortable and it was quiet. First hotel I ever felt like I was in another room of my own home.
- Wonderful historic hotel (with the comfort of a chain hotel) , rooms were small and a bit old but with Charme. Excellent location in the heart of beautiful Evanston town (excellent little bars and restaurants in walking distance), it’s about 45 min by car to arrive in Chicago downtown. Value was much better than downtown hotels
- Good location near downtown Evanston near Northwestern
- Room was alright, but nothing special. Location was outstanding for our needs.
Hilton Garden Inn Evanston
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Situated adjacent to the campus of Northwestern University, this Evanston hotel features spacious accommodations, friendly service, and is only a short walk from beautiful Lake Michigan.The Hilton Garden Inn Evanston is ideally located within walking distance of beautiful beaches, parks and restaurants. The commuter rail system providing access to downtown Chicago as well as O’Hare International Airport is also a short stroll away.The Evanston Hilton Garden provides guests with many free amenities, including wireless internet access and in-room microwaves and refrigerators. Guests can also take advantage of the on-site restaurant and convenience store as well as the spacious indoor swimming pool.
- We stayed at this Hilton when we were doing a college visit of Northwestern. It was a great location for our needs.
- I enjoyed the breakfast. The hotel, service, staff, and comfort of the room were all great.
- My wife and I work in the area and just wanted a night away . It was a very nice overnight stay. The hotel itself is nicely decorated, clean- and our king room was very comfortable-so all in all a good experience. We would recommend.
- I loved being able to swim in the pool first thing in the morning
- Breakfast offered many choices and was delicious. My grandson really enjoyed the pool.
Super 8 Chicago IL
A quick walk from the beaches of Lake Michigan and providing easy access to public transportation and downtown Chicago, this hotel offers many free amenities, including a daily breakfast.The Super 8 Chicago strives to make every stay pleasant with thoughtful amenities such as free wireless internet access and in-room microwaves and mini-refrigerators. Guests can also enjoy free on-site parking along with free in-room HBO movie channels.Loyola University is conveniently placed only a few minutes from the Chicago Super 8. The heart of the downtown area, including Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier are also only a short distance away.
- The only thing is that wool cover on bed plus other comforter should be washed on a daily basis. I broke out into a rash from both covers
- Bed and furniture were nice, secure parking on property
- I loved the convenience and abundance of electrical outlets in the room – two per bedside lamp! There were also USB ports in each lamp! Very handy. The room furnishings are also very nice. The location was very close to where we needed to be, and had free covered parking in an area where it’s always hard to find a place to park.
- Very clean comfortablle room and the free parking was a plus plus in Chicago that’s so rare. I appreciate it!
- Staff was friendly and room was clean. It had a microwave/fridge. It was close to the places we needed to go.
Hampton Inn Chicago North-Loyola Station, Il
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a terrace and fitness center, Hampton Inn Chicago North-Loyola Station, Il is located in the Rogers Park neighborhood in Chicago, just 6 miles from Congress Theater. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Chicago Shakespeare Theater is 8 miles from Hampton Inn Chicago North-Loyola Station, Il, and LaSalle Bank Theatre is 9 miles away. The nearest airport is Chicago O’Hare International Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- I loved the location. It was so easy to jump on the CTA and there was plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful.
- The staff helped me figure out what transit to use. Instead of paying 60 for an uber, they informed us to just take the train to our destination, which was incredibly helpful. Overall the two gentlemen who greeted me at the desk were the best of the staff that I met
- Pillows are perfect. Room and other areas are sparkling clean. Thank you for working hard on that. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Bed extremely comfortable. Very clean and comfortable stay! Free coffee 24 hours a Day always gets my vote.
- “The room was huge and clean one of the cleanest rooms that we ever stayed in any other hotels.Staff was extremely friendly and very polite and helpful. The property was in a great location and meet all our needs”
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Conference Center Chicago North Shore
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Featuring a convenient location off Interstate 94, this hotel is a short drive from downtown Chicago and O’Hare International Airport, and provides spacious accommodations and on-site dining options.After receiving a warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in, guests at the Double Hotel and Conference Center Chicago North Shore can take advantage of the state-of-the-art business center. The hotel also provides signature in-room Sweet Dreams beds.Jameson’s Charhouse is on site and serves American classics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Fine cuts of steak are the specialty in this fine dining establishment.The Chicago North Shore Doubletree Hotel is a 5-minute drive from the Skokie CTA station with access to the center of the city. Northwestern University can be reached in a 15-minute drive.
- Excellent staff, very ftiendly. The shuttle was a big plus. Free snacks was also something good to have.
- The food was excellent in the restaurant. Loved this hotel, will highly recommend it to friends and family for future vacations.
- Property completely and thoroughly met my expectations.
- Staff is great. Room is clean. Breakfast is not complimentary but offers a wide selection. I really enjoyed the French toast. Location is great too, very close to H-Mart.
- Great location and great place if you are there for a group event happening at the hotel.
Rodeway Inn Chicago/Evanston
Rodeway Inn Chicago/Evanston is located in Lincolnwood, 9 miles from Chicago and 19 miles from Schaumburg.Each room comes with a private bathroom.Rosemont is 8 miles from Rodeway Inn Chicago/Evanston, and Oak Park is 8 miles away. The nearest airport is Chicago O’Hare International Airport, 10 miles from Rodeway Inn Chicago/Evanston.
- It exceeded my expectations for starts. The location was perfect. I was attending a party in the neighborhood. If weather had been warmer, I could have walked to event. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would definitely make many returns.
- The bed was perfect. The room, nice and clean. No odors. Felt secure inside the building.
- Basics were provided and our room was clean. We appreciated having a frig and microwave.
- The exterior is average and looks like your typical motor inn but the room was very clean and the finishes very modern. The room is cozy but comfortable.
- Newly remodeled rooms were very clean and comfortable
Top Hotels In South Evanston Illinois Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in South Evanston Illinois to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in South Evanston Illinois but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in South Evanston Illinois. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!