10 Best Hotels To Stay In Somahoz Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Somahoz Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Somahoz Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Somahoz Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Somahoz Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Somahoz Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Somahoz Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Somahoz Cantabria:
La Casona de Somahoz
This charming hotel features traditional architecture like exposed wooden beams and stone walls, and combines it with classic and modern décor. The heated rooms offer mountain views and come with a wardrobe, desk, TV, telephone and a private bathroom with a bath and hairdryer.At La Casona de Somahoz you can find a shared lounge and a restaurant serving local traditional cuisine. They have some areas dedicated for wine and food tastings.A 30-minute drive will take you to Santander Airport and Santander city is 26.1 miles away. Santillana del Mar is 20 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
Owners most accommodating
Breakfast extremely enjoyable
Amazing value restaurant directly across the street
Very convenient over night stop for the Santander ferry
- Lovely warm welcome. Comfy room, good bed. Excellent breakfast. Highly recommend.
- Great over night stop, just a 35minute drive from Santander ferry. A lovingly restored old manor in the heart of the village. Our spacious room was beautifully fitted out.
- Pepi and Mariano were DELIGHTFUL! Made every effort to make us fell at home…breakfast was outstading!
- Beautifully restored house,marvellous breakfast,excellent restaurant straight opposite. Excellent for the ferry.
- Owners most accommodating
Palacio Garcia Quijano
Palacio Garcia Quijano features classic rooms with original stone walls and wooden floors. Each room includes a balcony and private bathroom.Situated in the heart of Cantabria, Garcia Quijano is only 11.2 miles from Cabarceno National Park and the Valle del Pas. Guests can rent bicycles to explore the surrounding area.The Garcia Quijano Palace can be found in the green meadows of the Buelna Valley and features beautiful gardens where guests can relax. There is also a lounge with a fireplace, a cafeteria and a library. Santander is 30 minutes’ drive away.
- This is an ideal first night stopover if you have come into Santander by ferry. The Hotel is in a very peaceful rural village, staff are very helpful and speak good English if required.
Everything was perfect, well not quite everything but too small to matter, as the property was a complete surprise, a four hundred year old farm house which had been recently renovated taking care to keep the original features. The rooms were large and comfortable with thick stone walls. The large en suite had a jacuzzi type bath with towels and toiletry facilitates. The bed is one of the largest we have seen in a hotel room.
The local village is charming modern Spanish with the man town a few mile away.
The house itself has lovely manicured gardens with a swimming pool and places to relax in, it must be really great in the summer.
- This was our most luxurious accommodation of our two week trip and incredibly inexpensive. Really beautiful!
- Una habitación amplia, luminosa y confortable, en un entorno bellísimo.
- We really liked the friendly staff. The location is good – the little village and esp. the Meson at the square is great fun for hanging out with the locals.
El Rincón de Doña Urraca
Heated rooms at Hotel-Posada El Rincón de Doña Urraca feature wooden floors and mountain view. Each has a TV and private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries. Some have a balcony and hydro-massage shower.Breakfast is available in the hotel’s country-style restaurant. There is also a bar and a lounge with a fireplace.Luggage storage is offered and the Rincón de Doña Urraca has a tour desk. The A67 motorway is a 10-minute drive away and Santander Airport is 31.1 miles away.
I Spend 14 days with them. In every aspect was great. Every detail is very important for them. Attention can not be better is just a great experience.
A great concept done by a hard working couple.
Congratulations, see you soon.
- Beautiful spot near old attractive church. Very tastefully restored house with beams and stone floors. Lovely friendly host
- Easy to find from A68 and convenient for the Santander ferry. Room was comfortable and clean. Dinner was tremendous, as was breakfast, good wine too. Staff are very welcoming.
Dinner of the house was lovely!
Host was really kind!
Lovely room, ensuite excellent.
Quiet and rural with mountain views.
Good value excellent dinner.
Made very welcome by hosts and would recommend to tourists coming off Santander Ferry going South or on return.
- I Spend 14 days with them. In every aspect was great. Every detail is very important for them. Attention can not be better is just a great experience.
Hotel del Parque
Each bright room with heating features a TV and telephone. The private bathroom comes with a bathtub and bidet. Towels and bed linen are included.Hotel del Parque is 5 minutes’ walk from a variety of lively bars and restaurants serving local cuisine. The surrounding nature is ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking.The centre of Torrelavega is 10 minutes’ drive and Santander is 18.6 miles from the property. Suances Beach is 25 minutes away by car and Santander Airport is within the same distance.
- It was central within easy walk of shops, bars food etc, room was fine and bed comfy along with good wi fi. A good stop off point out of Santander, if you are heading south Spain or like me Portugal.
- Easy reach of Santander. Very friendly welcome, easy walk to the main street and bars. Good wifi. Reasonably priced for what it is.
- the hotel is a perfect distance from Santander when your ferry arrives in the evening, and close to the motorway to Elche.
- Todo bien, en general. La utilizamos para pasar una noche, de paso hacia Asturias. Ernesto, la persona que nos recibió, muy atento. Se preocupó de saber la hora de nuestra llegada y nos dió todas las indicaciones que pudieramos necesitar.
- El desayuno, la terraza y la relajación de poder ir a la cocina cuando quisieras.
Posada Medieval El Manjon
Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a bidet.You will find a shared lounge at the property.The area is popular for skiing and cycling. Potes is 29 miles from Posada Medieval El Manjon, and Santillana del Mar is 7 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 16 miles away.
- Lovely staff, lovely dog! fabulous breakfast and coffee. great sized room and good shower!
- Ideally located off the motorway, beautifully done out
- Very comfortable and warm room. Spotlessly clean. Could not hear the road.
- Location. The hotel had was nice as was the staff.
- Ideal location for a stopover close to the ferry port at Santander.
Villa Arce Hotel
All the modern rooms at this property come with a terrace, TV and minibar. Their private bathrooms include a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some include a sofa and a spa bath. There is a shared library and TV area for guests to make use of.The hotel has a tour desk where you can arrange outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, cycling and fishing, or get tourist information of the area.Parque Natural Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve is 17.4 miles from Villa Arce Hotel and a 30-minute drive will take you to Santander Airport.
- Very smart and modern design new hotel in the countryside with very pleasant people looking after us.
- Lovely rural location, very clean and comfortable. A 40 minutes walk to Puente Viesgo.
- A bit hard to find, off the road in an unlikely rural neighborhood. Lovely building with a rustic view of fields and farms. No English spoken at all, nor the humor to make a stab at communication… comfortable but not welcoming.
- The accommodation was very nice. Clean and in good order.
The hotel was easy to find, being well signposted.
The room was excellent. But the bed could have been a little longer for me.
The view from the room was excellent, looking over fie;s and up into mountains.
Breakfast was good.
Therre was plenty of space for parking outside the hotel.
Gran Hotel Balneario De Puente Viesgo
All rooms at the Gran Hotel Puente Viesgo have free WiFi. Each includes cable TV, a minibar and a private bathroom. Most rooms have air conditioning.The hotel spa offers a range of hydrotherapy treatments, a massage service and flotation pool. It also has a hydro-massage pool, hot tubs and saunas.The Balneario Viesgo is surrounded by hills and forests. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Caves of Monte Castillo is 5 minutes’ drive away and the Cabárceno Natural Park is just 9.3 miles away.The hotel has good access to major roads. These include the E70 and A67 motorways. The hotel has an airport transfer service, available on request.
- The location in a beutifull village is amazing. visited during November and the wether was great
Arrived late from boat but hotel aware and ready for us. Staff welcoming and most helpful. Room modern and excellent, restaurant excellent and parking good.
A convenient excellent hotel near Santander,
- We always go there every year when we go to Spain on holiday and it is not far from the Ferry at Santander.
- The pool, the grounds, the room, the surroundings, the view, the cafe, the lounge, the bar, the staff, all excellent.
- Modern rooms with good wifi coverage breakfast was nice. Located in a small village with a few restaurants close enough to walk to.
La Casona Azul
The rooms at Casona Azul feature wooden floors and garden views. Each one comes with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.A daily homemade breakfast is served, including freshly squeezed orange juice. Breakfast can be served in the garden. Dinner is also available on prior request, and you can also enjoy this in the garden or on the porch.The property has a spacious lounge with a fireplace and a range of books and music. Staff at reception can provide information about the surrounding area, and they can arrange hiking routes.Cabárceno Nature Reserve is a 15-minute drive from Casona Azul, and the charming village of Santillana del Mar is 30 minutes away. You can drive to Santander Ferry Terminal and Airport in around 30 minutes.
The place is very beautiful and the staff incredibly welcoming and helpful. The house decoration has a strong personality, and we gladly enjoyed it. Our room had some books and I had a good time looking at them. The outdoors of the property is also lovey.
The location is also nice, pretty much a countryside experience near beautiful scenarios, caves and not so far from Santander.
- Juan Carlos and Maria Eugenia were very welcoming and very helpful with all our questions and in planning our itinerary esch day.
- Una estancia fenomenal para un fin de semana largo. M Eugenia y Juan Carlos muy amables y el desayuno buenísimo.
- El buen trato de Juan Carlos, lo atento que estuvo en todo momento y la cercanía hacia todos los sitios. Gracias por haber hecho de este viaje una experiencia inolvidable con muchas ganas de volver a repetir.
Los dueños te hacen estar como en tu casa.No te falta de nada.
Nos prepararon unos desayunos riquísimos ,ademas se molestaron en buscar desayuno sin gluten.
- The place is very beautiful and the staff incredibly welcoming and helpful. The house decoration has a strong personality, and we gladly enjoyed it. Our room had some books and I had a good time looking at them. The outdoors of the property is also lovey.
Hotel De Borleña
The classically designed rooms feature comfortable furnishings and a flat-screen TV. The private bathrooms come with a bath and hairdryer.Hotel De Borleña has a bar and restaurant serving local cuisine. Laundry service is available. Torrelavega is 12.4 miles away. The historic town Santillana del Mar is a 30-minute drive from Hotel De Borleña.Bilbao Airport is 77.7 miles away.
- Well maintained, everything worked. Liked the decor, and the location for the riverside walk before we set off the next day. Its a quiet road, about 30 miles from Santander where we caught the ferry the next day. Its also close to a very enjoyable cycle route. We saw three red kites flying nearby, and visited a neolithic cave and its paintings ( 40,000 years old ) in a nearby village.
- Good location next to the N623 but quiet in the evening even with the bedroom window open. The owner (3rd generation in the family) looked after us royally. We were five motorcyclists arriving a bit late in the wet. The chef (owners mum) cooked all our meals especially for us. The wine was a good price and excellent quality. The hotel has a lovely veg garden as well
- Friendly owner & staff. The premises were spotless! Interesting accommodation. Would recommend & will return when we are in the area. The bar & restaurant opposite were very good also.
- Been in the same family for three generations and they were very friendly and helpful. Hotel is done more like someone’s home than a business with exacting attention to detail. Nice place.
Friendly and homely service.
Lovely location in the hills on road to Burgos.
La casa de castillo
All rooms are fitted with a TV.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Santillana del Mar is 14 miles from La Casa de Castillo, and Suances is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 17 miles from La casa de castillo.
- Alfredo was extremely welcoming and friendly. He made us feel right at home! The steak dinner he made us was also delicious! The small town the hotel is in is adorable with a vineyard down the street. His dog is also adorable and loved when we played fetch with him.
- The hotel itself was charming, the area spectacular, and the proprietors treated us like long lost friends. We even discussed politics together over dinner. Driving up the mountain was glorious! A trip back in time with cowboys on horseback, belled cows and the only burros we saw in 3 weeks in Spain. Don’t miss this gem.
- Traditional 400 year old casa in quiet situation. Our host, Alfonso, was very friendly and attentive and served up some tasty meals. Visit to local vineyard worthwhile.
- Full of character with a very friendly host. Comfortable traditional room with good bathroom. Rooms share the 400 year old building with a small restaurant. Very tolerant of my negligible spanish. All in all a very personal service that I really appreciated. The house is of a very traditional construction and clearly has a long history as have many of the buildings in the village. The food was cooked to order by the host and was excellent.
- A really off the beaten track casa rural, very friendly hosts, good food and freshly cooked breakfast. Only half hour from Santander. Must investigate the spanish inquisision next time!!!
Top Hotels In Somahoz Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Somahoz Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Somahoz Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Somahoz Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!