10 Best Hotels To Stay In Silió Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Silió Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Silió Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Silió Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Silió Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Silió Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Silió Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Silió Cantabria:
La Casona de Somahoz
This charming hotel features traditional architecture like exposed wooden beams and stone walls, and combines it with classic and modern décor. The heated rooms offer mountain views and come with a wardrobe, desk, TV, telephone and a private bathroom with a bath and hairdryer.At La Casona de Somahoz you can find a shared lounge and a restaurant serving local traditional cuisine. They have some areas dedicated for wine and food tastings.A 30-minute drive will take you to Santander Airport and Santander city is 26.1 miles away. Santillana del Mar is 20 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
Owners most accommodating
Breakfast extremely enjoyable
Amazing value restaurant directly across the street
Very convenient over night stop for the Santander ferry
- Lovely warm welcome. Comfy room, good bed. Excellent breakfast. Highly recommend.
- Great over night stop, just a 35minute drive from Santander ferry. A lovingly restored old manor in the heart of the village. Our spacious room was beautifully fitted out.
- Pepi and Mariano were DELIGHTFUL! Made every effort to make us fell at home…breakfast was outstading!
- Beautifully restored house,marvellous breakfast,excellent restaurant straight opposite. Excellent for the ferry.
- Owners most accommodating
Palacio de Trasvilla
The hotel is a converted 18th-century noble house, decorated in traditional, elegant style. You will find wooden beams and stone walls throughout.All heated rooms at the Trasvilla have a flat-screen TV, wooden floors and countryside views. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers.The Palacio has a café-bar, and there is a lounge where you can relax in front of the fireplace.The hotel is surrounded by nature. You may see foxes or badgers. There are vultures and falcons in the area too.
- Such a delight to find such a special place – well palace in fact!. Rooms beyond wildest expectation. We had a tapas supper plus an excellent bottle of wine. Our host, as other people have already said, couldn’t have been more helpful. Wooden floor in our room – so we could have the dogs in with us. Wonderful. Peaceful.
- What an amazing place! Will definately use it again next time I catch the Santander ferry.
- Alfredo is a great host and the hotel is very comfortable in a beautiful place.
Beautiful place , fabulous rooms , warm welcome , honesty bar, decor.
Alfredo could not have helped us more & the restaurant he recommended was exceptional, good value & close by .
- we chose this higher end hotel as a place to relax for two days during our busy 3 week schedule in Spain. We hoped to enjoy the grounds and pool, but unfortunately the weather did not cooperate – which is no fault to the hotel. It was unseasonably cold – too cold to use the pool – so we hoped to use the hot tub instead, only to discover it is not available unless you are renting the cabin on the grounds. This was not specified in the listing and is advertised as available. The room was clean and comfortable, but very dark even with lights on. Alfredo was kind and trying to communicate, but knew no English. He was kind enough to suggest and make a reservation for us at a local restaurant.
El Rincón de Doña Urraca
Heated rooms at Hotel-Posada El Rincón de Doña Urraca feature wooden floors and mountain view. Each has a TV and private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries. Some have a balcony and hydro-massage shower.Breakfast is available in the hotel’s country-style restaurant. There is also a bar and a lounge with a fireplace.Luggage storage is offered and the Rincón de Doña Urraca has a tour desk. The A67 motorway is a 10-minute drive away and Santander Airport is 31.1 miles away.
I Spend 14 days with them. In every aspect was great. Every detail is very important for them. Attention can not be better is just a great experience.
A great concept done by a hard working couple.
Congratulations, see you soon.
- Beautiful spot near old attractive church. Very tastefully restored house with beams and stone floors. Lovely friendly host
- Easy to find from A68 and convenient for the Santander ferry. Room was comfortable and clean. Dinner was tremendous, as was breakfast, good wine too. Staff are very welcoming.
Dinner of the house was lovely!
Host was really kind!
Lovely room, ensuite excellent.
Quiet and rural with mountain views.
Good value excellent dinner.
Made very welcome by hosts and would recommend to tourists coming off Santander Ferry going South or on return.
- I Spend 14 days with them. In every aspect was great. Every detail is very important for them. Attention can not be better is just a great experience.
Palacio Garcia Quijano
Palacio Garcia Quijano features classic rooms with original stone walls and wooden floors. Each room includes a balcony and private bathroom.Situated in the heart of Cantabria, Garcia Quijano is only 11.2 miles from Cabarceno National Park and the Valle del Pas. Guests can rent bicycles to explore the surrounding area.The Garcia Quijano Palace can be found in the green meadows of the Buelna Valley and features beautiful gardens where guests can relax. There is also a lounge with a fireplace, a cafeteria and a library. Santander is 30 minutes’ drive away.
- This is an ideal first night stopover if you have come into Santander by ferry. The Hotel is in a very peaceful rural village, staff are very helpful and speak good English if required.
Everything was perfect, well not quite everything but too small to matter, as the property was a complete surprise, a four hundred year old farm house which had been recently renovated taking care to keep the original features. The rooms were large and comfortable with thick stone walls. The large en suite had a jacuzzi type bath with towels and toiletry facilitates. The bed is one of the largest we have seen in a hotel room.
The local village is charming modern Spanish with the man town a few mile away.
The house itself has lovely manicured gardens with a swimming pool and places to relax in, it must be really great in the summer.
- This was our most luxurious accommodation of our two week trip and incredibly inexpensive. Really beautiful!
- Una habitación amplia, luminosa y confortable, en un entorno bellísimo.
- We really liked the friendly staff. The location is good – the little village and esp. the Meson at the square is great fun for hanging out with the locals.
All rooms at Hotel Vejo feature terraces overlooking the hotel gardens and the surrounding mountains. Each room has cable TV and free Wi-Fi access. Some rooms include a sofa bed.A range of Spanish cuisine is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a bar and a nightclub on site.Guests receive discounts on ski passes for Alto Campo’s slopes, and Ebro Lake is just 5 minutes’ drive away. Fuentes Carrionas Nature Reserve is approximately 37.3 miles from the hotel, while Santander and the Cantabrian coastline can be reached in 45 minutes by car.
- Staff were very friendly and the dinner was excellent
- Plenty of facilities, very comfortable rooms with good views of snow capped mountains, excelled location for ferry at Santander, just off motorway, very close to old Spanish Town, with plenty of shops banks etc, main supermarkets just over road from hotel, and local bars within a 2 minute walk, staff at hotel very hospitable, and helpful, would definitely stay here again, highly recommend this hotel, and a very good price for a 3 star hotel. with ample free parking, and no charge for our small dog.
- Always warm, staff friendly, room to suit three persons very nice, breakfast good.
- Location is excellent for going to or from Santander ferry. Staff great. Restaurant quiet mid week but service and food very good. Quick breakfast in morning.
- Receptionist was so friendly and helpful – staff in restaurant also very nice we will use your hotel whenever we land at SANTANDER thank you
Fitted by wooden flooring, all the heated rooms offer view over both Ebro Basin and the surrounding mountains.They all feature a flat-screen TV and come with a private bathroom with shower, free toiletries and hairdryer.Hotel Araz’s restaurant and bar are exclusively for guests at the property. The restaurant offers an á la carte menu.Surrounded by natural landscape beside the Embalse del Ebro, Hotel Araz offers a good location for outdoor activities such as fishing, canoeing and horse riding. Alto Campoo Ski Resort is 26.1 miles away and you can drive to Burgos in less than 2 hours.
Staff very friendly and welcoming.
Wonderful views of lake and mountains from bedroom window.
breakfast was sufficient but a little limited.
Dinner was excellent. Simple but well cooked and well presented.
Our hosts are charming people who cannot do enough for their guests.
The rooms are exceptionally comfortable, with good facilities and lovely views.
The locality is quiet and peaceful.
- Superb setting right on a lake with mountains in the background. Views from the well appointed rooms exceptional.
- Wheelchair access was great, and the walk-in shower was a rare luxury in this area! The owner-couple were lovely hosts.
- Beautiful, clean, artistic. Peter was so welcoming and helpful! Serenity of setting.
- Staff very friendly and welcoming.
Hotel La Alfonsina
Rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Hotel La Alfonsina features free WiFi throughout the property.Hotel La Alfonsina offers buffet breakfast prepared with typical local products. There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge, a tour desk and shops at the property. Guided tours are also offered.Santillana del Mar is 16.8 miles from Hotel La Alfonsina, while Suances is 16.2 miles away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 12.4 miles from Hotel La Alfonsina.
Very helpful, friendly and nice staff.
Beautiful rooms – lovely use of wood and stone.
- Great location, super -friendly staff, and one of the best buffet breakfasts we’ve ever had (we were the only guests that night, and they still put the whole buffet for us). The rooms are stylish and newly renovated. The whole experience was superb.
- The hotel is very nice. It is small and everything is kept simple, but in a nice a cool way. We definitely can recommend the breakfast with a lot of different hams and the sheep milk yoghurt. Enjoy that cool place with just 10min away from the Cabarceno zoo.
The property was located in a beautiful country setting and was easily located. The room was superb with fabulous decor, an amazing shower unit and very comfortable beds. The soundproofing in the room against the noise from the road which ran directly below our room window was excellent.
The breakfast at the hotel was simply the best with wonderful fresh food and lovely service. We could not have asked for more. We were presented with a beautiful cake as we left which was simply amazing.
- All is new, clean, comfortable and accurately furnished/decorated. Divine breakfast and owners very warm.
- Very helpful, friendly and nice staff.
Villa Arce Hotel
All the modern rooms at this property come with a terrace, TV and minibar. Their private bathrooms include a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some include a sofa and a spa bath. There is a shared library and TV area for guests to make use of.The hotel has a tour desk where you can arrange outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, cycling and fishing, or get tourist information of the area.Parque Natural Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve is 17.4 miles from Villa Arce Hotel and a 30-minute drive will take you to Santander Airport.
- Very smart and modern design new hotel in the countryside with very pleasant people looking after us.
- Lovely rural location, very clean and comfortable. A 40 minutes walk to Puente Viesgo.
- A bit hard to find, off the road in an unlikely rural neighborhood. Lovely building with a rustic view of fields and farms. No English spoken at all, nor the humor to make a stab at communication… comfortable but not welcoming.
- The accommodation was very nice. Clean and in good order.
The hotel was easy to find, being well signposted.
The room was excellent. But the bed could have been a little longer for me.
The view from the room was excellent, looking over fie;s and up into mountains.
Breakfast was good.
Therre was plenty of space for parking outside the hotel.
The rooms at La Lobera are chic and feature exposed wooden beams. They come with a private bathroom complete with a hairdryer.The traditional-style restaurant at Posada La Lobera serves homemade, regional cuisine for dinner. Reservation is necessary. Guests can also relax in the bar area.Lobera’s tour desk can provide information on Arroyo and surrounding areas, such as Las Rozas de Valdearroyo. Free parking is available on site.
- We arrived on the Sunday which is the only day dinner isn’t available but the lady owner very kindly cooked us something. If I stay again I would make sure I arrive any other day because I understand her husband is an excellent cook. Having dog there were lovely walks and he could stay in our room at no extra cost.
- Very friendly and helpful hosts. Clean and comfortable room and en suite.
- Lovely hosts, delicious evening meal, warm and friendly atmosphere.
- The owner pili was lovely really helpful and friendly
Pilar and Reuben charming, friendly and accommodating hosts. Comfortable room, free WiFi, dinner and breakfast ok, very good value but need to order in advance.
A few miles off the motorway, but a good stop having got off the Santander ferry, about an hours drive. Would use again if in the area.
Gran Hotel Balneario De Puente Viesgo
All rooms at the Gran Hotel Puente Viesgo have free WiFi. Each includes cable TV, a minibar and a private bathroom. Most rooms have air conditioning.The hotel spa offers a range of hydrotherapy treatments, a massage service and flotation pool. It also has a hydro-massage pool, hot tubs and saunas.The Balneario Viesgo is surrounded by hills and forests. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Caves of Monte Castillo is 5 minutes’ drive away and the Cabárceno Natural Park is just 9.3 miles away.The hotel has good access to major roads. These include the E70 and A67 motorways. The hotel has an airport transfer service, available on request.
- The location in a beutifull village is amazing. visited during November and the wether was great
Arrived late from boat but hotel aware and ready for us. Staff welcoming and most helpful. Room modern and excellent, restaurant excellent and parking good.
A convenient excellent hotel near Santander,
- We always go there every year when we go to Spain on holiday and it is not far from the Ferry at Santander.
- The pool, the grounds, the room, the surroundings, the view, the cafe, the lounge, the bar, the staff, all excellent.
- Modern rooms with good wifi coverage breakfast was nice. Located in a small village with a few restaurants close enough to walk to.
Top Hotels In Silió Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Silió Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Silió Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Silió Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!