10 Best Hotels To Stay In Shelter Island New York State – Top Hotel Reviews
Shelter Island New York State is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Shelter Island New York State. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Shelter Island New York State. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Shelter Island New York State. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Shelter Island New York State right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Shelter Island New York State with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Shelter Island New York State:
The Pridwin Hotel
Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and terrace, The Pridwin Hotel is located in Shelter Island, just 29 miles from Mystic. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms include a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. Montauk is 22 miles from The Pridwin Hotel, and East Hampton is 12 miles away.
- Cottage was comfy if very dated. Location is great. Nice view of the inlet from the porch.
- Breakfast options were limited. Very cute location, right on the water. You can have your morning coffee on the hotel’s porch while the waves hit the shore. Very serene!
- Location and they upgraded us to an ocean view room without having to ask. Super clean and comfortable room.
The location on shelter island is picturesque and peaceful.
It’s a historic hotel with a strong character that feels genuine.
The hotel is on a bit of a bluff so the room views (of the peconic river/bay) are great.
Pool also on a nice view position…
Staff is Awesome.
Room is oldschool but very clean and (new)comfortable bed.
-small flat screen good for first 2017 football Sunday.
-love the 1983 telephone!
- Staff excellent, restaurant and bar excellent, location beautiful
Shelter Island House
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Shelter Island House offers accommodations in Shelter Island Heights, just 28 miles from Mystic. The hotel has a seasonal outdoor pool and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room has a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Each room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hotel, and free use of bicycles is available. Montauk is 21 miles from Shelter Island House, and East Hampton is 12 miles from the property.
Location was a dream !
Dinner excellent !
Staff superb !
- Great staff, great restaurant attached,wonderful location
- The property is beautiful, better in real life than in the pictures. The staff was very friendly and congenial. The rooms are clean and beautifully designed. Would love to stay there again!
- The staff were so charming and made the stay. Food at the Tavern restaurant was nice, comfort-food. Room was excellent and had a gorgeous view of the lawn and garden.
- Decor was lovely ,dining room charming,bed so comfy!nice to have a continental breakfast for the quests
- Location was a dream !
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, The Chequit is located in Shelter Island Heights, just 28 miles from Mystic. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is concierge services and shops at the property.Montauk is 21 miles from The Chequit, and East Hampton is 12 miles away.
- The bed was extremely comfortable, and the morning repast was very nice. It is a great place if all you want to do is have a tryst or are in need of a very quiet time.
The bed was ultra comfortable and the room temperature could be
- Friendly, homely and quirky this lovely B&B manages to get it right. Beautiful beds, helpful staff, generous breakfast and great restaurant downstairs. Shelter Island is gorgeous and we loved our stay at The Chequit.
- Super cute hotel and staff was extremely friendly!
- Beautiful interior, comfy front porch with nice view. Lovely staff and delicious breakfast.
The Harborfront Inn
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Harborfront Inn offers accommodations in Greenport, just 27 miles from Mystic. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Montauk is 22 miles from The Harborfront Inn, and East Hampton is 13 miles away.
- The hotel was very clean and the workers were friendly
Beautiful view. Clean rooms.
Great staff. Very helpful. Would come again.
- The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful with recommendations for restaurants and things to do
- We enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and spacious, and staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for enjoying Greenport and the surrounding wine country. We will definitely be back!
- The hotel is a cozy haven in a charming village.The location is perfect for walking in each direction; Aldo’s is two steps away as is post office; several restaurants landmark sights like carousel and synagogue. Shelter Island ferry and train station a three minute walk.
Townsend Manor Inn
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Featuring an on-site marina and an outdoor pool, this Long Island inn is just a short drive from the beach. Greenport Village is a 10 minute walk from the property.A flat-screen satellite TV, microwave, and refrigerator are included in each guest room at the Townsend Manor Inn. The rooms have a private bathroom and a coffee machine.Guests can enjoy a game of shuffleboard or settle into a lounge chair by the Olympic-size pool. The Greenport Townsend Manor Inn offers boat-docking at the marina.The cocktail lounge has full bar service, while the snack bar offers poolside service. The seasonal restaurant is open for breakfast and light fare.Island’s End Golf & Country Club is one mile away. The ferry to Shelter Island is a 15 minute walk from the property.
- It was a walk into town and the other woman working the front desk on Sunday morning was amazing. White hair and very happy.
- Good location in the town of Greenport. Very attractive from the outside. Refrigerator in room.
- Close, but not too close, in proximity to the town. Great price And really good accommodations.
- it had a cozy feel. good location. right on the water. fridge in the room.
- Room had a full kitchen… dining table … 2 queen beds and newly renovated bathroom.
The Blue Inn at North Fork
Featuring free WiFi and an outdoor pool, The Blue Inn at North Fork offers accommodations in East Marion.Some rooms have a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have slippers and free toiletries. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. A flat-screen TV is featured.Mystic is 25 miles from The Blue Inn, North Fork, and Montauk is 21 miles away.
- The owner was very friendly! The room was the perfect size and it was very comfortable! Overall, we had a great experience!
- The location was great for what we were in long island for which was the wineries
- Accomodations were simple. I especially liked that there was a kitchenette….cute place.
- The room had a small kitchen area including an under counter fridge a full sink a four burner gas stove a small kitchen table with two chairs and all the pots & pans dishes knives & Forks etc. With a small grocery store right near by. You could really eat in if you wanted to!!
- Clean and comfortable accommodation handy to the ferry to Connecticut. Helpful staff.
Sound View Greenport
Located in Greenport, 29 miles from Mystic, Sound View Greenport features a seasonal outdoor pool and a private beach area. The inn has a sauna and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The inn also provides bike rental. Montauk is 23 miles from Sound View Greenport, and East Hampton is 14 miles away.
- Amazing view of Long Island Sound which is 20 feet off the rooms deck. Went to sleep to the sound of waves breaking.
- Staff was kind, view was incredible, room was renovated and very nice, connected restaurant and piano bar was great.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. bar scene was great and the restaurant had just re-opened and was also excellent.
A big renovation is happening and our room was nicely done.
- location, clean, love the bar area with refrigerator.
- Bed was comfortable, water view, restaurant was entertaining.
American Beech Hotel
American Beech Hotel is located in Greenport, just 27 miles from Mystic. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the garden or city. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a gift shop at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Montauk is 22 miles from American Beech Hotel, and East Hampton is 13 miles away.
- Bed very comfortable. Nice bathroom. 2 drinks on the house was great.
- Beautiful accommodations in the perfect location. Nicest place around! Amazing brunch served to us fireside. Perfect time to schedule a get away. We felt so special! Thank you!
- like the complex with places to hang out and other places to eat are within walking distance.
- We had a great weekend and loved the staff and owner of American Beach. We will define be back.
- V tastefully decorated and spacious room with lovely staff who create a v welcoming atmosphere. Fabulous restaurant on site which has an excellent vibe and where as hotel guests you get a free drink.
Featuring free WiFi, a fitness center and a seasonal outdoor pool, Baron’s Cove offers accommodations in Sag Harbor. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms feature views of the sea or garden. Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.There is a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Mystic is 30 miles from Baron’s Cove, and Montauk is 18 miles away.
- Bedrooms’s confort, Bed quality, Bar atmosphere with the FirePlace, Sag Harbor
- Lovely spacious, clean rooms. Loved the lobby bar and fireplace in winter. Nicely decorated for Christmas
- The bed was definitely like a cloud, soft and nice.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Room and bathroom are well appointed and each a good size.
Continental breakfast excellent.
Location – able to walk into town easily.
The tavern bar – able to get food there – serves an excellent Mac, cheese and shrimp! And offers a warm and inviting place at night.
- Location within walking distance of town, room very comfortable, nice shower, toiletries. Very attractive lounge/bar area.
Historic White Blossom House
Showcasing a barbecue and sun terrace, Historic White Blossom House is located in Southold in the region of New York State. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Every room at this inn is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can play tennis at this inn, and free use of bicycles is available. Montauk is 25 miles from Historic White Blossom House, and East Hampton is 14 miles away.
Quaint old fashioned house with just the right amount of sea charm and westerly sunshine, in a quiet neighborhood. They even provide
- Clean, authentic accommodations with beautiful outdoor space. Just what we hoped it would be. Mona was helpful with info on beaches, restaurants and wineries. Beach chairs and passes as promised. Loved it and will go back
- Completely darling little property full of fascinating history. It was great for a two day getaway. The outdoor space was an unexpected and welcome surprise. SOOO quiet and private. We loved that!
- Beautifully maintained historic home which still has modern bathroom (upstairs was claw foot tub), well equipped, great beds, AC in bedrooms, it couldn’t have been better – it was fabulous. Met Mark and Mona and they were very helpful, nice to know they are on the property but through a small wooded area.
- It was as if we had our own little house.. complete with a patio, bbq, outdoor furniture and garden for the weekend. So adorable!
- Quaint old fashioned house with just the right amount of sea charm and westerly sunshine, in a quiet neighborhood. They even provide
Top Hotels In Shelter Island New York State Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Shelter Island New York State to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Shelter Island New York State but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Shelter Island New York State. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!