10 Best Hotels To Stay In Sarria Galicia – Top Hotel Reviews
Sarria Galicia is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Sarria Galicia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sarria Galicia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sarria Galicia. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Sarria Galicia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Sarria Galicia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Sarria Galicia:
Hotel Duerming Villa De Sarria
Rooms at the property feature air conditioning, heating, a desk, and a flat-screen TV. The bathrooms come with a bath or shower and a hairdryer.The hotel has fast connections with the A6 highway.
Location was great, however it lacked warmth and coziness of other hotels I’ve stayed along the Camino. I expected more given the pretty high
nightly room rate, which surprisingly didn’t include the breakfast buffet. It was perfectly fine, but my least favorite accommodation so far.
- Perfect location for starting on the Camino de Santiago. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lovely breakfast with lots of choice.
Very convenient to Camino. Older hotel but facilities excellent. Clean and comfort. Bath and shower
Really helpful reception staff
- The management and staff went out of the way to help us with everything we asked! Thanks Fatima!
- Location was perfect for the Camino. The staff were super friendly and helpful.
- Location was great, however it lacked warmth and coziness of other hotels I’ve stayed along the Camino. I expected more given the pretty high
Hotel Alfonso IX
Surrounded by gardens and close to the river, this well-equipped hotel boasts a lovely natural setting. The area is ideal for walking and horse-riding.Sarria’s Roman Route is full of historical monuments. There is a a road dedicated to typical craftsmen.Delicious traditional Galician cuisine is available at the Alfonso IX’s restaurant. Here there are views of the garden and swimming pool.The hotel also boasts a 24-hour front desk, and is located 1,650 feet from the bus and train station.
- It was ok a bit basic to what I thought it would be.
- A comfortable stop when walking the Camino Frances in winter.
- Lovely spacious, warm comfortable room for a tired el Camino pilgrim.This was the most comfortable night of my whole trip…..admittedly most of the overnights in municipal hostel dormitories.
Very clean & spacious rooms, good location in center of town.
Very relaxing place to stay on the Camino
- Right on the Camino Santiago, I took a nice rest day there. Nearby restaurants also.
Each room has a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a seating area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea from your terrace or balcony. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bath or shower and shower. A TV is available.There is a gift shop at the property.Monforte de Lemos is 18.6 miles from Casa Baran, while Portomarin is 10.6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 51.6 miles from Casa Baran.
- Absolutely fabulous experience. Beautiful room, did our laundry for us and fed us a great breakfast. Friendly staff.
- I have done several Camino and have stayed in all kinds of lodging from most basic albergue to fancy Parador. This is by far the best thought out and comfortable place for the pilgrims on the Camino. I salute the owner of this establishment and thank him for his thoughtfulness.
- Room right size for my daughter and myself. Really really loved the balcony. Extra chairs and table in balcony too were a really nice touch. Stayed as walking Camino this was a little luxury and it delivered on all counts. The staff were also very friendly, knowledgable and helpful.
- Well located in old part of city right on the camino and perfectly situated for the next day’s walk.Beautifully appointed boutique hotel with lots of character.A light room with big windows,comfy beds,good bed linen and towels,hairdryer etc ideally situated for cafes and bars.would make a wonderful stop for non-camino travellers too.
- Beautiful place with fantastic setting. Very friendly and helpful staff.
A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a tour desk at the property.Monforte de Lemos is 18 miles from Pension Escalinata, and Portomarin is 10 miles away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 52 miles from the property.
- Decent value for money, basic hotel on the Camino.
- The owners were exceptionally accommodating..very friendly an excellent location in old sarria.
- The owner waited up til 10.30pm for us to arrive by train, then prepared us a meal & made sure we were comfortable for night. Made us very welcome on our first night in Spain.
- From our window we could see the Camino walkers. Perfect location. Nice people and good breakfast.
- The Escalinata lies at the top of the stairs in Sarria, at the start of the ‘pilgrim strip’ – perfect location before or during your camino. Rooms are clean and comfortable, views are good, the little bar downstairs serves a good breakfast menu including eggs/omelettes and the place has a very friendly family atmosphere. Have stayed before and will stay there again.
Hotel Mar de Plata
Hotel Mar de Plata’s air-conditioned rooms have simple, modern décor. All rooms have a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Guests can enjoy a continental or buffet breakfast in the Mar de Plata’s restaurant, which offers a range of local cuisine for dinner. There is also a café-bar.Lugo is 18.6 miles from the Mar de Plata, while Ourense and Ponferrada can be reached in 90 minutes by car. Santiago de Compostela is 93.2 miles away.
- Great little hotel. Stayed there while walking the Camino de Santiago. A little off the beaten path but easy to find. A nice little restaurant as well. Had a salmon steak cooked over charcoal that was preprared excellently.
- The staff are really helpful as i have my luggage delayed. They tried their best to help us facilitate the delievery of my luggage. Rooms are clean and spacious!
- Wonderful private room, definitely worth it to upgrade.
- The breakfasts and dinners were excellent, and the staff helpful. Close to railway, and to the Camino route.
- Staff was friendly & helpful, nice & clean facilities, food was good
Hotel Casa de Díaz
Casa de Diaz combines traditional and modern features. All rooms have scenic views and feature parquet flooring, a flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom.Breakfast is served daily and there is a bar. The nearest restaurants to the hotel are located 0.9 miles away, serving regional gastronomy made with local produce.There is a lounge with a fireplace, a games room and a library service. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is a computer and telephone for guest use.Casa de Diaz offers private parking and can collect guests from Gorolfe. The Celtic town of Cebreiro is 23 miles away, while the Caurel Mountains and Ancares Nature Reserve can be reached by car in 1 hour.
- The owner was very friendly and welcoming. The place is lovely and cosy.
- This is one of the best places we’ve stayed ever: sleeping in an historic villa for very little money is something you cannot miss! We arrived in the afternoon and we relaxed in the swimming pool; then we’ve been suggested a really good and cheap restaurant in the neighborhood. Sleeping was simply perfect: the structure is surrounded by nature, you can only hear animals around! Then breakfast was definitely a 10, as there were lots of things to eat and drink. Everything’s perfect!
- Charming Hotel in the countryside, perfect for a romantic escape or just to wind down. Wonderful breakfast, great People.
- Historic farm house, lovely location, very helpful staff and great pool. Total delight.
- Stunning location. Friendly staff. Excellent swimming pool. Rustic charm and character. Great area for cycling.
Hotel Ferramenteiro de Portomarin
Rooms include a flat-screen TV, air conditioning, heating, and safe. The bathroom comes with bath or shower and hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including cycling and fishing. Sarria is 11.2 miles from Hotel Ferramenteiro de Portomarin, while Monforte de Lemos is 21.1 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 41 miles from the property.
- The hotel is located right along the El Camino walk – it is bright, airy, has a massive patio attached for warm nights (and for when it isn’t raining), great service and warm showers. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious (we had 3 singles in a room on the top floor). The breakfast was hearty and plentiful prior to going on the walk. The restaurant next door isn’t too bad and perfect after walking 24 kms in one day (when you don’t want to walk another 10 feet). The staff are wonderful, helpful and also attentive. They do double duty as reception and bartenders and also put out the breakfast in the mornings.
- The reception girl dried our runners as we had been walking in the rain facilities were good excellent location
- The staff was friendly. The room was clean with a great view to the river.
- Perfect location on the Camino, close to downtown and overlooking the river. Modern hotel that is clean and well organized.
- The staff were so helpful and kind, they could not do enough to make sure we had a great stay. Breakfast was excellent especially with fresh coffee.
Hotel Pazo de Berbetoros
The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a seating area for your convenience. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Pazo de Berbetoros features free WiFi throughout the property.Lugo is 14.3 miles from Pazo de Berbetoros, while Sarria is 10.6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 41 miles from the property.
- Everything! Completely charming, high standard of accommodation and the staff were lovely
- Friendly receptionist helped with request for information.
- Charming hotel, charming hosts and a very welcome break from a wet and wild day in the Camino.
- We were walking the Camino de Santiago and this was a very special property. Great staff, met the owner, enjoyed the breakfast and the recommended local dinner place.
- Reception staff very helpful. Quiet location although set in the centre of the town. Beautiful Spanish house & surroundings. Bedroom comfortable with good facilities and outlook onto the pretty gardens. We drank a delicious bottle of Galician wine in the garden before going out to dinner. Breakfast was delicious the following morning.
Hotel A Veiga
All rooms have their own private bathrooms. Each comes with a bath or shower and hairdryer.The property is located on El Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route and offers specific services and facilities for pilgrims. These services include backpacks transfer, lockers, bike storage and massage services.Hotel A Veiga is 650 feet from the Monasterio benedictino San Julian and the Capilla de San Salvador. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 74.6 miles away.
- Lovely clean room. Slept to the sound of the river rushing by
- The beds were super comfortable. The room was very clean. Given we were walking the Camino Frances, we had a pilgrim menu. It was the best one of the whole Camino! Service was excellent, and I regret not getting the name of the man who checked us in and served us lunch so I can name him here. Highly recommended if you are walking to Samos.
Fantastic set menu available in the restaurant, with lots of options.
Great view over the river, quiet location and popular with locals too.
- Staff very courteous and helpful. Lost phone in a taxi from O Cebreiro and owner of hotel was able to get ahold of taxi driver. However taxi driver said it wasn’t in taxi. She said she had checked. As luck would have it, taxi driver was returning to Samos and said we could check for ourselves. We did and we found it buried in a crevice of a seat. Thanks to the owner who persuaded the taxi driver to return.
The dinner was absolutely fantastic.
We did an 8 Day Camino staying in hotels and hostel. Hotel A Vegia was by far the best.i
The rooms have a TV. Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a bath or shower and bidet.There is a shared lounge at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including fishing and hiking.Monforte de Lemos and Sarria, both in the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, are 20 minutes’ drive away from Hermida Rural. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 2 hours’ drive away.
- Everything ! For us the 10 was the minimum; a 12 is closer to reality
- Even though the beds were hard, the property was immaculate the staff lovely and the location pastorsl
- It is so beautiful, peaceful and right in the middle of nature. Love it!
- The family owners were extremely friendly. and welcoming
We stopped here for one night, but ended up staying for two nights, whilst exploring Galicia as we liked it so much. The location is charming and very peaceful and our room, bathroom and all the communal areas were spotless.
The breakfast was simple but plentiful with great coffee and although there is no restaurant as such, the bar snacks and sandwiches served we’re as much of a meal as I needed.
And the best part for us was the fantastic staff, especially the lady on reception who from the moment we.arrived made us.feel so at.home and comfortable and nothing was too much trouble at all and when we were leaving we found out it was a family run hotel, which made perfect sense!
Top Hotels In Sarria Galicia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Sarria Galicia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Sarria Galicia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Sarria Galicia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!