10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santo Domingo Guanacaste – Top Hotel Reviews
Santo Domingo Guanacaste is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santo Domingo Guanacaste. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santo Domingo Guanacaste. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santo Domingo Guanacaste. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santo Domingo Guanacaste right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santo Domingo Guanacaste with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santo Domingo Guanacaste:
The Hideaway Hotel
One of our top picks in Sámara.This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, The Hideaway Hotel offers accommodations in Sámara, just 27 miles from Santa Teresa. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms include views of the pool or garden. The rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is concierge services at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. Nosara is 13 miles from The Hideaway Hotel, and Carrillo is 2.6 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 50 miles from the property.
- We really enjoyed our stay at the Hideaway. All of the staff were exceptionally attentive, very nice, friendly and fun. The owners were also great. They took the time to get to know us and made us feel welcome. Rooms and bathrooms are huge with walk-in shower. Comfortable bed and very clean. They serve a great breakfast, and even though they were all booked for dinner one evening, they squeezed us in poolside. It turned out to be the best meal we had in Samara. Dessert was Rosy’s homemade brownies topped with Doug’s homemade ice cream.
- A great hotel between samara and carillo (2 minutes by car). A beach (big samara beach) is at 3 minutes walk. The staff is great. The hotel is really nice also !
- Great hotel, great food and service. Rooms are large and very comfortable. Walking distance to the beach.
- Food excellent. Owners available and eager to help out with restaurant recommendations and reservations. Found their recommendations spot on in terms of quality. Staff were delightful and went above and beyond to accommodate requests. Hotel is just a 2 minute walk from the quiet end of Samara beach where we went each evening to watch the sunset. Did I mention the howler monkeys that hang out in the adjacent trees?
- We liked The responsive staff, exceedingly friendly and polite. (Maria) The owners, Doug and Rosie went out of their way to ensure our comfort, provided great suggestions and good local information. An excellent Location with a short walk to a breathtaking beach! We had dinner/drinks both nights at the hotel. Nice atmosphere dining poolside. Excellent Mojitos — fresh fish and shrimp were first class.
Hotel Sol Samara
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located 300 feet from Playa Samara Beach, Hotel Sol Samara features an outdoor swimming pool. Surrounded by gardens, it has suites with balconies and garden views.Each spacious, air-conditioned suite has bright décor. All suites have a sitting area with a sofa, cable TV and a minibar.Guests can enjoy a range of Costa Rican cuisine in Hotel Sol Samara’s restaurant. There is also a bar, where free Wi-Fi is available.The surrounding Playa Samara region is ideal for hiking, horseback riding and snorkeling, while Ostional National Park is less than 2.5 miles away. Daniel Oduber Airport is a 90-minute drive from the hotel.
- The staff was informative and helpful. Ynez, the cook, was quite gracious and accommodating. The room had everything we needed. AC, fans, hot shower, hair dryer, two beds, closets, tv, and a safe. At the end of the property is a small pool about 4 feet deep and nice large pool towels are provided. When we wanted to go exploring on the beach on the morning that we left, the owner/receptionist considerately kept an eye on our luggage for us. The property is beautiful and nestled into a community, so feels quite safe.
- I loved the breakfast. We stayed here because it is pet friendly. It was great for our little service dog.
- Friendly staff..great rooms..the dinners were exceptional
- We liked Playa Carillo which was a 5 min drive away.
- The property is beautiful, well constructed, the pool area is also nice. At night they turn on the lights with candles and colorful lights. The room was very spacious, the bathroom was clean and built very elegantly.
Samara Beach Hotel
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located in Sámara, 28 miles from Santa Teresa, Samara Beach Hotel features a year-round outdoor pool and views of the pool. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room includes a private bathroom.Bike rental and car rental are available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking.Nosara is 11 miles from Samara Beach Hotel, and Carrillo is 4.3 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 49 miles away.
- The pool was nice location was good but not on the beach
- the rooms are old and not well maintained. You get charged for the pets, even though they dont receive anything.
- The location is excellent. Beautiful pool and lovely gardens.
- Location, room size, pet friendly, helpfull staff, A/C not working but they fixed before evening, price.
You should ask a room not close to the street to avoid night noise.
The hotel give breakfast, the personnel is really awesome but the ingredients are cheap…
Locanda Samara Beach
One of our best sellers in Sámara! LOCANDA SAMARA BEACH is set in Sámara, 23 miles from Nicoya. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a shower.Nosara is 11.2 miles from LOCANDA SAMARA BEACH, while Carrillo is 4.3 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport, 49.1 miles from the property.
- ideally located on the beach and close to the village center.
- The ambiance of the bungalows was exceptional, especially for a romantic stay. Such close proximity to the beach is such a bonus, easy walk into town, food is generous and excellent….service is great.
- I thought I got a deal on this Hotel (fairly inexpensive) and didn’t expect much but from what I could tell, this was the best place to stay on the beach. The restaurant was delicious and staff was friendly.
- This hotel exceeded my expectations! It had wonderful character and charm with beautiful garden and pool area. Fantastic location on the beach with comfortable day beds on the beach. The free breakfast was delicious!
- Great staff, the hotel is literally on the beach and the let us stay on the beach until the time of check out.
Montelaguna Boutique Hotel
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Montelaguna Boutique Hotel offers accommodations in Sámara, just 26 miles from Santa Teresa. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or pool. The rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a tour desk, gift shop, and shops at the property.Nosara is 13 miles from Montelaguna Hotel, and Carrillo is 2.4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 50 miles from the property.
The buffet breakfast is adequate, but the restaurant provides a fine menu and excellent preparation at reasonable prices for lunch and dinner.
The clientele was largely European with a pleasant mix of families and couples, young and older.
A cool respite from in town.
- A Nice boutique hôtel, with clean room. We had the family room, it was large room. Safe parking place for the car, nice pool.
- Room was great. Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly
- Bed was quite comfortable and the seating around the pool was great to allow reading, lounging for those not interested in going to the beach.
Quiet and 300m from excellent very quiet beach.
Quality accommodation, friendly helpful staff and great food.
- The buffet breakfast is adequate, but the restaurant provides a fine menu and excellent preparation at reasonable prices for lunch and dinner.
Nammbú Beach Front Bungalows
One of our top picks in Carrillo.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Carrillo, 27 miles from Santa Teresa Beach, Nammbú Beach Front Bungalows features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms include a private bathroom.There is room service at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Nosara is 13 miles from Nammbú Beach Front Bungalows, and Sámara is 2.4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 34 miles from Nammbú Beach Front Bungalows.
The staff were superb .. so kind , attentive and helpful .
The food was delicious . Very good selection and nice wine
The bed was huge and so comfortable
Really goodsized pool
- The views and location can’t be beat. The staff was friendly, and the whole place is well maintained.
Pool itself was attractive with a lovely view of the ocean.
Getting to choose the time of your “happy hour” was unique.
- Beautiful fairly new resort, great location, ocean view, really nice rooms, fairly private, amazing staff who were friendly and very helpful. Great pool.
- Deluxe Room offers really much space and absolute privacy, supersize double bed
- The staff were superb .. so kind , attentive and helpful .
Bahia BeachFront Hotel & Restaurant
Bahia BeachFront Hotel & Restaurant in Sámara features a private beach area and a bar. This hotel features free WiFi and on-site dining. The property features sea views and a sun terrace, depending on your booked room.At the hotel one unit is equipped with a balcony. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom, shower without hot water and fans.Guests at Bahia BeachFront Hotel & Restaurant can enjoy a vegetarian or a continental breakfast.Santa Teresa is 28 miles from the accommodation, while Nosara is 11.2 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport, 49.1 miles from the property.
- This hotel is literally on the beach. It is located on a quiet beach so you will feel in harmony with nature. You can relax for hours on the beach just listening to the waves. The hotel has sea view rooms which we were lucky to get. The owners are french and very welcoming. My friend and I had breakfast and lunch there, it was very fresh and delicious. In a short walk on the beach (3 mins) you can walk to the town of Samara where you will find additional restaurants and bars as well as surf lessons, yoga etc.
- Location was amazing. Right on the beach in the middle of the bay. Quiet location as away from the small town but a very short walk along the beach to nearest bars and into town.
- The location is perfect, the rooms and bathrooms are as advertised, and the owners speak French, English, and Spanish!
Location is undeniably great as tje hotel is right on the beach.
The apartments was large and very bright and balcony was lovely.
There are a few nice places locally to eat and shake a leg so we had fun.
- Very nice and peacefull near the ocean, perfect stay!
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Villas Kalimba offers accommodations in Sámara. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Santa Teresa Beach is 29 miles from Villas Kalimba, and Nosara is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 36 miles from Villas Kalimba.
- Diego made our stay fabulous and was always willing to give tips or draw a map for us 🙂
- Feels secluded but is at the center of everything. Loved the villas overall. Staff was friendly, amazing and helpful. It was relaxing to hear the waves crash, especially at night and the beach is beautiful!
- Traumhaftes kleine Villa mit toller privaten Terrasse. Poolanlage auf dem Gelände war wunderschön. Lage zum Strand und Stadt war perfekt (20m). Absolut ruhig und idyllisch. Man fühlt sich wie im Paradies. Absolut sicher bewacht und Personal ist sehr diskret und freundlich.
- Die Sauberkeit, Lage und das Personal war super. Die Anlage, sowie die Häuser sind gepflegt und in einem guten Zustand.
- Privacidad, lugar acogedor y pocas villas. Muy tranquilo
Hotel Rancho De La Playa
Hotel Rancho De La Playa is located in Sámara, 28 miles from Santa Teresa and 11 miles from Nosara. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. A TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 49 miles from the property.
- Great location , breakfasts, sitting options, shade and meeting other guests. Most of all, great staff. Easy walk to beach, stores and shopping area.
Lovely welcoming staff who couldn’t do enough for us
Perfect location; in a quiet street slightly away from the noise of the town, but only a couple of minutes from the beach
Nice shady areas to sit and relax.
- Exceptional place to stay. We loved it, especially the staff and owner. They were so kind and helpful. We would stay there again in a heartbeat if we were going to Samara again.
- Everything was great, very clean hotel, friendly staff, beautiful room and common areas, shared bathroom was very nice & clean, great selection of local craft beers, delicious breakfast, proximity to the beach. Highly recommended in Samara and their sister establishment in Santa Elena (Monteverde).
We felt very welcome at Rancho de la Playa, stayed there just for one night. The hotel is in a quiet street just 2 minutes away from the beach. Restaurants, supermarket, bars are just around the corner
The atmosphere is really nice, we liked the big common space where you enjoy your breakfast in the morning or your beer in the evening.
Hotel Belvedere Playa Samara Costa Rica
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing an outdoor pool and hot tub, Hotel Belvedere Playa Samara Costa Rica is located in Sámara in the region of Guanacaste, just 28 miles from Santa Teresa.Every room is fitted with a TV. Certain units include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the pool or garden. The rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is an ATM at the property.The area is popular for biking and hiking. The hotel also provides car rental. Nosara is 11 miles from Hotel Belvedere Playa CR, and Carrillo is 4.2 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 49 miles from the property.
- Extra touches provided that make the stay easy and enjoyable! Owners are so understanding and go the extra mile.
What an amazing hotel with stunning grounds!
The owners and staff are so nice and keep the grounds really well-maintained. It was brilliant being able to walk out of our room and onto a sun lounger by the pool. Our room surpassed our expectations, as did the grounds. It was fun watching birds, coatis and quite large lizards!
The hotel is perfectly located; a 5-10 minute walk to the beach, supermarket, bakeries and restaurants.
The owners accommodated a late check-out because my partner was in the medical centre.
I only wish we were staying more than four nights in beautiful Samara.
- The hotel was an excellent place to stay in close proximity to the beach. The pool was warm and right outside my room. The grounds were well kept and even monkeys came to visit in the morning. I would recommend a stay at this hotel.
- Awesome breakfast. Two pools. Beautiful space all around. Clean rooms. Howler monkey sitings in the morning.
- Loved the views of animals & birds. The property was beautiful & the rooms were comfy and clean. The pool areas were nice too.
Top Hotels In Santo Domingo Guanacaste Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santo Domingo Guanacaste to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santo Domingo Guanacaste but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santo Domingo Guanacaste. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!