10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja – Top Hotel Reviews
Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santo Domingo De La Calzada La Rioja:
Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda
This historic hotel is housed in the former San Francisco Convent, in Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Located on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, this restored property features impressive architecture.Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda is into 3 sections: the church, the workshop-museum and the hotel area. All rooms feature a TV, a minibar and a private bathroom.The restaurant is located in the Parador de Santo Domingo, 1,300 feet away. It serves traditional dishes from La Rioja, and the wine list features many good local wines. Breakfast is also served here.The countryside around the hotel is great for hiking, and you can play golf nearby. Valdezcaray Ski Resort is 8.1 miles away.
- Amazingly beautiful building in a perfect location for the Camino. Really luxurious stay. Just what we needed. Staff very helpful
- Loved the sense of history &the beauty of the interior.
- Fab hotel in central location. It was a perfect end to our Camino. Lovely breakfast.
- After walking for a day in the freezing cold rain on the Camino arriving at this hotel was amazing. I was frozen and walking into the lovely warm, atmospheric hotel was bliss. My room was incredibly comfortable and cosy – and even better, it had a lovely bath. I found it very peaceful and quiet in the hotel.
- Further to the actual room etc: A beautiful historic building with open common areas with comfortable seating – you could just sit and take in the atmosphere of this wonderful place!
Parador de Santo Domingo de la Calzada
This impressive hotel is housed in a former hospital building dating from the 12th century. Parador de Santo Domingo de la Calzada has various magnificent lounges.The hotel’s luxurious hall features original Gothic archways and wooden details. The rooms feature a TV, a minibar and a private bathroom.The Parador’s restaurant serves traditional dishes such as La Rioja cod and stuffed peppers, as well as a good selection of local wines. There is also a bar.
- Location, architecturally beautiful (old building)
- Location, spacious rooms and lobby, magnificent furnishings
- It is a very classic beautiful hotel with very profesional staff
- The Parador was very quiet after Semana Santa so we were given a great room with 2 balconies overlooking the main square. Dinner was very good. The old part of the hotel downstairs was very comfortable and atmospheric.
- Amazingold building with lots of history. Room was exceptionally clean and felt luxurious. Perfect after many kms walking the Camino.
Hotel El Corregidor
One of our top picks in Santo Domingo de la Calzada.Set on the historic town of Santo Domingo de La Calzada, this hotel is located on the edge of Santiago pilgrimage route. Hotel El Corregidor offers 2 restaurants and free Wi-Fi.El Corregidor is the restored house from the former town’s mayor. It offers air conditioning on common areas, and features a lounge with sofas, chairs and a TV.Each room at Hotel El Corregidor features a simple décor in light colours. They come with a TV, a wardrobe and a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hairdryer.The hotel also has a cafeteria and a bar, offering services like breakfast in the room or a tour desk. El Salvador Cathedral is 5 minutes’ walk.Logroño is 24.9 miles away, while Burgos is 1 hour drive.
- Local to Camino route centre of town clean comfortable room helpful staff
- Great location for pilgrims who are looking for something with more privacy and comfort. It is right on the Camino!
- Very clean, nice heating, very friendly staff, great location
- The room was clean, had a bit of a dated look but felt like luxury compared to an albergue (we stayed here on a rest day while doing the Camino Frances). The shower was great.
Excellent value for money hotel situated on the main route into town when walking the Camino.
Friendly staff, nice room, great location.
El Molino de Floren
Located in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, 26.1 miles from Logroño, El Molino de Floren features a bar and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a seating area for your convenience. Each room includes a private bathroom.You will find a gift shop at the property.Haro is 10.6 miles from El Molino de Floren, while Ezcaray is 8.7 miles from the property. Burgos Airport is 34.8 miles away.
- Great hospitality, lovely helpful hosts, dinner and breakfast were perfect. Great stop on the Camino.
- Helpful and pleasant staff . A lovely room and comfortable bed. Can’t want more after a long day’s walk.. Delicious yoghurt and fruit at breakfast.
- Absolutely wonderful staff. Delicious food. Perfect location right on el Camino.
- Hosts were incredibly kind and helpful and we felt genuinely welcome. On site restaurant was excellent and a very good value for the area. Great location near the cathedral. Highly recommended.
The staff and owners (especially Floren) were really nice and helpful.
Do accept wine tips from Floren! He makes miracles, as to open a winery on Sunday 31st December to let’s us visit it…
Hotel A Santiago
Offering an outdoor pool, a garden, a terrace and free Wi-Fi in public areas, Hotel A Santiago is located in Belorado. Santo Domingo de la Calzada is a 13 miles away.All bright rooms at A Santiago have a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom with bath or shower. Some rooms have a hydromassage shower.Guests also have access to Albergue A Santiago, located in front of the hotel, and to the shared kitchenette equipped with a microwave, fridge and kitchenware.You will find a restaurant and a bar on site, where you can get packed lunches. There is also a drinks vending machine and a mini market.Other on-site facilities include a games room and a shared lounge.Surrounded by nature, Hotel A Santiago is well situated for outdoor activities such as hiking and cycling. The property offers free parking for bicycles. Valdezcaray Ski Resort is 50 minutes’ drive away and Burgos is 29.2 miles from the property.
- Clean and convenient to do laundry & eat dinner.
- We stayed in the hotel part. The room was very nice, very clean and cosy. Very good kitchen and laundry facilities also on site.
- Great spacious bedroom and big bath to relax in when doing the Camino and great breakfast.
- Handy for the Camino as you walk past it on the way into town, but is a little bit from town. Priced very reasonably. Very clean. Shower was excellant. Efficient staff
- Great location. Right in the Camino. It has normal albergue and a hotel section. Good WiFi. Excellent pilgrim dinner. Good breakfast options. Hotel room was basic, but clean. Great shower with massaging spray options. Great value for a tired and dirty Camino hiker.
El Real de Siota Alojamiento Rural
El Real de Siota Alojamiento Rural is set in an 18th-century manor house, on Castañares de Rioja’s main street. It has an on-site restaurant and bar, plus free WiFi.Each heated room at this hotel has a flat-screen TV and wooden floors, and there are double, twin, and quadruple rooms available. The private bathroom comes with a shower.El Real de Siota Alojamiento Rural has a shared terrace and garden, and there is a tour desk and luggage storage available. There are several activities available in the surrounding areas, including plane and balloon rides, horse riding, and golfing.Haro and Santo Domingo de la Calzada are 5 minutes’ drive from the hotel while Valdezcaray Ski Resort is a 30-minute drive away.
- One of the cleanest, beautiful and welcoming hotel we’ve ever had the privilege of staying in. What a gorgeous family! Returning next month!
- The building was beautifully restored to give a very comfortable room and bathroom. There was a sitting room upstairs. We had a lovely dinner, and breakfast and felt that the meals were specially provided for us.
- Food was excellent with a restaurant with home enviroment
Great breakfast and meals
Very friendly staff
- Maria was incredibly welcoming and friendly. Even though we do not speak Spanish she went out of her way to assist us. Our room was large, and very comfortable. The second floor common room area was an added bonus.
Hospedería Palacio de Casafuerte
With good access to the AP68 Motorway, this beautiful 15th-century building is located in Zarratón in La Rioja. It offers air-conditioned rooms with a private balcony and free Wi-Fi.The rooms at the Hospedería Palacio de Casafuerte feature charming, traditional décor. Each one comes with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen satellite TV and an iPod docking station.La Rioja is well known for its food and wine, and the Palacio’s restaurant serves traditional regional food and wine. There is also a café where you can get a snack or a drink.Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in La Rioja. There is a Vía Verde Cycling Route nearby.The town of Haro is 10 minutes’ drive from the Palacio, and you can drive to Logroño in around 35 minutes. Vitoria-Gasteiz Airport is a 50-minute drive away.
- Beautifully appointed historic house/chateau, everything very clean and comfortable.
This is a historic property in the center of a small town in the Rioja wine valley. The history goes all the way back to the 11th century and the family who owns it have spent years making it exceptional.
Every room is done perfectly with beautiful furniture and gracious amenities. Great art on the walls and comfortable rooms to read, play games, have a drink or chat exist around the hotel.
The adjoining restaurant is amazing. Fantastic food and service and of course a great wine list.
Blanca our server was a delight making both our lunch and dinner even better than it otherwise would have been.
Stay for a day or month you won’t regret it.
- Friendly service, excellent dinner and breakfast, fabulous sitting out area (our weather was not good enough for that!) and comfortable rooms and beds.
- Very warm welcome from the owner. He showed us to our room and explained how everything worked. Complimentary water was appreciated. Restaurant was first class and the waitress was very attentive and helpful. Breakfast was great. The guest lounge area was comfortable and spacious. Easy parking. The room was fabulous. Comfy bed. Great shower. Only a few guest rooms, so a very quiet, private stay.
superb food, breakfast is one of the best you will get in spain. staff are beyond obliging
I stay here every time i drive from UK to Malaga at least twice a year.
Hotel Redecilla del Camino
Featuring a restaurant with local cuisine and a bar, Hotel Redecilla del Camino is located in Redencilla del Camino, the Pilgrims’ gateway to the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route.Each room has a flat-screen TV and wardrobe. The private bathroom offers a bath or shower.Free Wi-Fi is available in all areas. The property also offers barbecue facilities. Upon request, various activities can be organized.Valdezcaray Ski Resort is 40 minutes’ drive form the property and Ezcaray Ski Slopes are 30 minutes’ drive away.
- Friendly. Clean. Food was amazing service amazing. Favourite place we have stayed so far on our trip through Spain
- A lovely stop off on the Camino, in a quiet town! Hotel is above the bar – room was very neat and tidy. Spent the afternoon in the bar, watching the whole town come through. Lovely peregrinos’ dinner. Staff were very lovely and welcoming.
- Perfect location on the Camino. The owners were very helpful and kind. Very comfortable beds! And we had a delicious dinner. All really great value.
- The room was clean and tidy the service was good and the supper was amazing
- One of our favourite stops on the Camino de Santiago.
Hostería del Monasterio de San Millan
Originally part of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route, this historic hotel is housed within Yuso Monastery, a UNESCO Heritage Site. It preserves some of Spain’s oldest manuscripts in Spanish and Basque.Elegant rooms at Hosteria del Monasterio de San Millan provide views of the surrounding mountains. They are equipped with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV channels and a pillow menu.The Hosteria features a à-la-carte restaurant, serving local specialities complemented by renowned Rioja wines. Located in the monastery’s former kitchen, the on-site café serves snacks and drinks.The picturesque town of Logroño and the green Sierra de Cebollera are both within a 45-minute drive from the Hosteria de San Millan hotel. The nearest golf course is 5 miles away, and there is a municipal pool a 5-minute drive from the property.
- We had the Royal Suite which was very comfortable and spacious. A good breakfast and dog friendly. Beatifully located in a peaceful rural setting. Excellent value – highly recommeded.
I love to stay in these repurposed monasteries. It is part of Yusa and has great views. The room was wonderful with good wifi and huge bathroom.
The receptionists were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast and dinner were good.
Parking is plentiful although I was there is the winter.
- Spectacular location and STAYING IN A THOUSAND year old monastery
- The location was stunning! Shame we had to leave too early to make use of the free admission to the monastery tour. The English version is very infrequent probably due to the remoteness of the property. Dogs very welcome.
- Staying in a historic monastery which is a UNESCO heritage site. The food was lovingly prepared, traditional and home cooked. Large, clean bedroom.
Hospedería Señorío de Casalarreina
The Hospederia Señorío de Casalarreina is a great place to stay while exploring the Rioja Region. The impressive stone building dates from the 16th-Century and has many original features such as wall paintings and wooden ceilings.Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. The spacious rooms have hydro-massage baths and antique furniture.The hotel also offers a range of therapies, including massage and wine therapy. It can also arrange wine-tasting courses.The Señorío de Casalarreina also has pretty grounds. The local wine can be enjoyed in the hotel bar, and it is easy to organize trips to local vineyards.
- Wonderful building and staff. Room was spacious and comfortable and jacuzzi was lovely.
- Staff were really friendly. Nothing else at all so very disappointing wished we had booked for just 1 night.
- We have stayed here several times and have always received a warm welcome. The accommodation is classic Spanish with lots of character, is clean and comfortable. Perfect for our overnight stay.
- Fabulous 14th Century building, with authentic decor and amazingly kind staff. Memorable.
- Nice breakfast, free parking in front of hotel, and right next to Haro, so great for wine cellar visits.
Top Hotels In Santo Domingo De La Calzada La Rioja Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santo Domingo de la Calzada La Rioja. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!