10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santillana del Mar Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Santillana del Mar Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santillana del Mar Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santillana del Mar Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santillana Del Mar Cantabria:
Posada Los Calderones
One of our top picks in Santillana del Mar.Posada Los Calderones offers stylish accommodation, with an outdoor swimming pool. It is set in the historic town of Santillana del Mar, with free public parking nearby.Rooms at Los Calderones are bright and elegant, with heating and TV. They have original stone walls. The inn also has spacious gardens and a tennis court.Posada Los Calderones has an ideal location. It is just 1.2 miles from the sea, and 18.6 miles from Santander. The famous Altamira Cave is also nearby.
- Lovely big room; had been painted ,great location for exploring the town
- Staff was very friendly and ready to help. Location was quite and there were a lot of interesting things to do with child. Only bad thing was sound isolation- it was quite poor.
- The location is about 100 metres from the village of Santillana, on a traffic free route, so very convenient for the village.
- Excellent quiet locatio outskirts of historic town, , nice staff and clean. Good restaurant nearby; Rte Pasaje Los Nobles.
- Excellent location. Use of pool in nearby campsite.
Casa de Güela
This traditional mountain house is located just outside the charming Cantabrian town of Santillana del Mar. Set in a hotel complex, it offers an outdoor pool, minigolf and tennis court.The rustic rooms at Casa de Güela feature a plasma TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and either a shower or a spa bath. Each one comes with a safe and a fridge.The complex has a restaurant located 5 minutes’ walk from the house. The house itself has a small library with sofas, where you can enjoy the free daily newspapers. Other facilities at the complex include a children’s playground and a children’s pool.There is a tour desk where staff can arrange routes and guided tours in the area. The Altamira Caves are just 5 minutes’ drive away, and El Soplao Cave is a 50-minute drive away. You can drive to the beach at Suances in 15 minutes.
quaint country setting. even the cows in the surrounding properties added to the experience. basic continental breakfast was excellent. people tried hard to make the visit as perfect as they could. very little english spoken and that also added to our experience.
perfect location for touring the town, but a drive to the country and the “playas” is a must.
the food in the area is spectacular and very inexpensive. 10 euros for “menu del dia” is common and a bottle of good wine is included.
even the local residents are pleasant and helpful. the elderly lady who cut off one of her roses to give us spoke no english, but spoke volumes in kindness.
- ME GUSTÓ LA UBICACIÓN Y LA DECORACIÓN DE LA HABITACIÓN.
- Estaba muy limpio y aunque esta un poco desplazado el paisaje es muy bonito,la decoracion perfecta para la casa que es
- El pueblo es muy lindo y tiene una vista privilegiada.
- Estaba todo muy limpio, sábanas y nórdico limpias y muy agradables
- quaint country setting. even the cows in the surrounding properties added to the experience. basic continental breakfast was excellent. people tried hard to make the visit as perfect as they could. very little english spoken and that also added to our experience.
Featuring a seasonal outdoor pool with a furnished terrace, Hotel Cuevas is located on a rustic building with modern décor and that is nestled in the picturesque village of Santillana del Mar. The world-famous caves of Altamira, with their prehistoric cave paintings, lie just 5 minutes from the hotel. Free WiFi is provided.Rooms feature a Smart TV, air conditioning, and . Minibar is available for a surcharge. The bathroom comes with free toiletries, bath or rain shower, and hairdryer. Some rooms come with balcony or terrace.The hotel’s restaurant offers buffet breakfast and buffet dinner with international dishes. There is also a bar on site where guests can have snacks and drinks.Guests have free access to a shared lounge with a chimney and a TV.
No reviews yet.
One of our top picks in Santillana del Mar.Situated in the centre of Santillana, the Hotel Altamira offers rooms with wooden floors and rustic furniture. It has a seasonal restaurant, views of the Colegiata Church and free Wi-Fi.The building dates from the 17th century and the rooms have stone walls. They also have telephone, TV, heating and hairdryer.The Altamira’s bar-café has a terrace on the town’s main square. Here you can enjoy light meals and drinks.The Altamira Caves are about 0.6 miles from the hotel. Santander is about 18.6 miles away.
- Old and history-rich property in the middle of the old town. Perfectly acceptable in terms of comfort – good beds, extra pillows in the wardrobes, toiletries and lots of room to put things. Nice seating areas on each floor so plenty of space to relax. Bar and restaurant at the back of the property with a small covered courtyard where smoking is allowed. Breakfast selection as expected – toast, croissants, pastries, meat and cheese and fresh-squeezed orange juice etc. Excellent location – just step outside the door and there you are in town! Parking was not too far away – about two streets in a large carpark which is 4 euro for 24 hours. You can drive to the hotel to unload and load suitcases etc and can park on the street overnight if arriving late and leaving early. Lots of restaurants nearby to choose from – usually open until about 3.30 pm for lunch and then again from 8pm Good choice of shops with crafts and foods made locally at good prices.
- Spotless well run Hotel. Staff very helpful. Amazing antique furniture. Very old charming village well worth seeing.
- It was right in the heart of the town, spotlessly clean, comfortable and was totally unique inside. The staff were very helpful and breakfast was a lovely continental one with cheese, cold meats, fruit, yoghurts, cereals, bread, croissants, pastries, cakes etc – and proper coffee, not from a machine. If we were in the area again we would definitely stay there again.The photos on the website are true to life and the hotel was exactly as we expected it to be
- Locación nice and very clean place friendly and helpful staff
- Fabulous 15th century building – usually they’re a bit uncomfortable – but this is a lovely cosy place and the staff and owners make it extraordinarily friendly. A must.
Parador de Santillana Gil Blas
Set in the main square in the beautiful Cantabrian town of Santillana del Mar, this attractive and modern hotel provides the perfect atmosphere for a relaxing getaway.Sit back and read in the impressive courtyard, or soak up the sun in the summer months.Explore the charming town of Santillana del Mar, which was declared a national monument, and the origins of which date back to the eighth century.The Parador Gil Bas has its own restaurant, where you can sample local-style cuisine without leaving the hotel. After, you can enjoy a drink in the on-site bar, or explore the bars in the local town.There is also free Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the hotel.
- Staff were lovely and very helpful. Great breakfasts. The parador its self was quite amazing.
- The location is beautiful and the hotel is indeed like a true parador. The staff is outstanding and very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent.
- A lovely space. Comfortable beds. Filled with history. Quiet.
- Excellent breakfast both for content and atmosphere. Good location for seeing Santilliana
- we loved the location and the old style feel of the building while still having all the comforts. A choice of areas to rest peacefully in was great and the bedroom was lovely. We also loved the food and wine
Hotel Los Angeles
One of our best sellers in Santillana del Mar! Los Ángeles is a charming hotel located in Santillana del Mar, just 2.5 miles from the sea in Cantabria. It has a pretty terrace and 24-hour reception.All rooms at Los Ángeles are en suite and have a TV, free WiFi and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. They offer views over the surroundings. The style is rustic and attractive, with parquet floors.There is a traditional bar. The building has typical décor with natural wood and stone.Los Ángeles is well situated for the Cabárceno Natural Park and the Altamira Caves. Torrelavega is a short drive away.Private parking is available at the accommodation.
- Very nice homely hotel in central location. Excellent value for money.
- Excellent situation, bathroom very modern, comfy bed, easy parking nearby and was free
- Excellent small (32 rooms) Hotel in a small town, really a grown up village. The Hotel is situated among others on the Campo del Revolgo, which is essentially a children’s play-park complete with climbing frames, slides, travelling wires and picnic tables. The hotel is great for couples and families, with a small canteen/bar and a large dining room. Staff are very welcoming and helpful with a wealth of information and an obvious pride in their town, reputed to be the prettiest in Spain. At night, once the children have gone home, peace decends and the hotel is quiet. The inclusive breakfast is comprehensive but lacks fresh fruit, which is a pity,
- Wonderful hotel in a beautiful village. I did not know the history or the beauty of the village when I arrived but it was explained by the director on arrival and he gave us a map with the best way to walk to see the beautiful are and bonus – it was all within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel was beautiful with real character. Shower in the bathroom was fab! I will definitely come back here again as I did not allow enough time to explore as I was only using it as a quick stopover in a long driving journey.
- This hotel is a real find and is located within easy striking dstance of the ferry terminal. Santillana del Mar is a quirky little town/ village with plenty going on but is also quiet and peaceful at the appropriate times.
Hotel Casa del Marqués
Residence to the ‘Marquis of Santillana’ back in the 15th century, the building has now been carefully renovated into this delightful 5-star hotel. With such an intriguing history you will feel as if you have stepped back in time but with all the comforts of the present day.The original oak staircase (made from a single tree trunk) is an impressive sight upon entering the hotel. Although fully equipped hotel with all the latest facilities there is a good balance between luxury, tradition and comfort.
This is a first rate hotel in a fairy town. The hotel is in an ancient building where many of the original design and construction elements are preserved. The setting from the outside garden and setting areas to the balconies on the rooms are beautiful and extremely comfortable.
The staff is very helpful and friendly and there is onsite parking for a small charge.
The room was spacious, beautiful decorated and comes with all the amenities one could need.
This is the perfect base for wandering through the ancient streets of the town.
- We spent a month in Spain. Hotel Casa del Marques was our favorite! Our room had a fabulous, large flower filled balcony. The staff, location, architecture and decor of the hotel were great. We enjoyed hearing about the history of the hotel and the town was beautiful! Stay here!
- Excellent location, staff and facilities. 10th visit and 11th already planned
- Loved the decor and garden. Lovely balcony off room. Staff always happy and helpful.
- We loved everything about this charming historic hotel. The location, ambience and service were perfect.
- This is a first rate hotel in a fairy town. The hotel is in an ancient building where many of the original design and construction elements are preserved. The setting from the outside garden and setting areas to the balconies on the rooms are beautiful and extremely comfortable.
Posada La Casona de Los Güelitos
Posada La Casona de Los Güelitos is in rural Cantabria, less than 1.2 miles from Santillana del Mar. It offers free Wi-Fi, free private parking and a large garden.The beaches of the Costa Verde are just a short drive from Los Güelitos. The famous Altamira Caves are also nearby.Casona de Los Güelitos is a typical country inn, with stone walls and wood beams. It has attractive courtyards and balconies. It also has a lounge with sofas and an open fire.Rooms at the Casona are spacious and bright. They all have a private bathroom with a selection of toiletries. Rooms are heated and come with satellite TV.The hotel has a traditional restaurant and a terrace. There is a children’s play area in the garden. The reception offers a safety deposit service and a tour desk.
Vispieres is a great choice for travelers interested in old-town exploration, food and history.
- The care and attention to detail. The food was sourced locally and delicious. The hosts were really warm and friendly and made us feel very welcome. We loved our stay and would definitely stay again if we return to Santillana.
- By far the best food of our holiday was cooked by Iñaki! He went out of his way to meet the needs of my demanding family (even sourcing steaks from Nebraska!). Welcoming and information hosts who gave us much welcomed local advice.
- Great place to relax and disconnect. Comfy rooms, extra comfy beds, great homemade breakfast (and optional dinner). Would definitely come back if in Cantábria again.
- Confort, location, the staff and the excellent breakfast. they have a parking which is a plus travelling through the region
- Good locally sourced food, freshly cooked to order. Lovely building and garden.
Hotel Colonial de Santillana
One of our best sellers in Santillana del Mar! Located in Santillana del Mar, 16 miles from Santander, Hotel Colonial de Santillana features a restaurant, bar and free WiFithroughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have a seating area where you can relax. Views of the mountain, garden or city are featured in certain rooms. The rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hair dryer.You will find a hairdresser’s at the property.Potes is 31 miles from Hotel Colonial de Santillana, and Suances is 4.2 miles away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Very few guests end of April so restaurant not open. Breakfast reasonable.
- The room was good size & comfortable. Lovely balcony with view to mountains. Bathroom very god size, well equipped & clean. Staff were all very friendly & helpful. Hotel is ideally situated for walk into town & restaurants. Car park attached with barrier
- The hotel is located within very easy walking distance to Santillana Del Mar. The staff were extremely friendly. We stayed in Room 14 which was at the back and a corner bedroom. Very clean and quiet. The parking is secure. The restaurant was not open for any meal except breakfast (which was included in the price of the room). Nice selection of fruit, meats, cheese, bread, cakes, etc. The staff offered to make us eggs as well. Great value for the price.
- The hotel is family owned and operated. They are very gracious.
- Beautiful town, great location, only 30 min from Santander
Hotel Los Hidalgos
This traditional, friendly hotel is located in the heart of the charming town of Santillana del Mar, surrounded by trees and green, open space.The setting of Los Hidalgos, in amongst the pleasant parkland, make it ideal for families and those looking for a peaceful getaway. The surrounding area is a fine example of a picturesque Cantabrian town, typical of the region known as Green Spain. Its main attraction is the nearby world-famous Altamira Caves, where you can see some of man’s oldest artwork. A short drive away you will find the stunning mountains of the Picos de Europa and the region’s fantastic, unspoilt coastline.Start the day with the hotel’s continental breakfast. Then, in the evening, try some of the regional cuisine served in the à la carte restaurant. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.
- Very quiet location outside of, but close to, town centre. Good breakfast.
- Amazing location, an oasis of tranquility amid chaos of touristic attraction. Only a few steps from the historic center. Only few minutes far from Altamira.\
The staff were very friendly and helpful , the location was excellent ;the breakfast was good.
It is a ideal hotel for a short stay 2-3 days
- Everything was really nice, the owner and the staff were very helpful
- It is a nice simple hotel. The rooms are big and comfortable. The beds were big enough, which starts to be a problem in many other hotels. The personal is great and very friendly and the center of the city is within walking distance. We enjoyed the stay
Top Hotels In Santillana Del Mar Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!