10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santalla Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Santalla Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santalla Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santalla Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santalla Castile and Leon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santalla Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santalla Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santalla Castile And Leon:
Cornatel Médulas is located 10 minutes’ drive from Las Médulas, a former Roman gold mine and current UNESCO World Heritage Site. It offers free bicycle rental and ecological farmland.The rooms at the Cornatel-Médulas feature wooden floors and modern décor. Each one has a private bathroom and heating generated by biomass.The hotel has a large lounge with a fireplace and library. There is also a table tennis table and a barbecue in the garden.Cornatel Castle is 1.9 miles from the hotel. Ponferrada is 25 minutes’ drive away.This accommodation is situated in the Santiago de Compostela Pilgrimage Path.
- The accomodation was incredible. The owners – Marisol and Saturno were excelent hosts, we felt like at home. They gave us many tips and Saturno prepared for us excelent dinner. Very good place for the trip to Las Medulas.
- The host, the dinner, the pub, the village. It was unbelievable.
- Lovely hotel in quiet village. Near to the spectacular Las Medulas. Very friendly owners. Food available in their restaurant across the square – nothing fancy but just what we needed.
The owners are very friendly and always present in case of need. Muchas gracias Saturno!
The location is perfect to visit the area.
The bar restaurant in front where you can drink and eat good local food.
Friendliness and helpfulness of the hosts.
We were very well oriented and helped for the excursions.
Hotel Rural Caminomedulas
Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and views of the mountain, Hotel Rural Caminomedulas is located in Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a seating area to relax in after a busy day. Superior rooms have a spa bath or a hot tub. A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a shared lounge at the property.You can play ping pong at the hotel. Astorga is 31 miles from Hotel Rural Caminomedulas, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 10 miles from the property.
- El buen trato del propietario, nos encantó la información que nos dio para visitar la zona y nos sentimos como en casa
Trato exquisito y familiar, muy acogedor y limpio.
Cerca del centro de Ponferrada y de las médulas.
Instalaciones muy bonitas que en verano se podrán aprovechar más.
- Todo muy bien, habitación limpia y cómoda. El desayuno bien y Un hotel rural con encanto
- Amabilizad y atención completa por los anfitriones. Ámplio conocimiento e información sobre la historia y rutas por las Medulas y comarca facilitada por el dueño Bernardo, recomendable para conocer. Camas cómodas y buen funcionamiento de calefacción, nuesta estancia en marzo con temperatura exterior muy baja.
- La charla con un gran hombre, Bernardo. Me gusta su filosofia de vida.
O Palleiro do Pe do Forno
Offering rustic rooms overlooking El Bierzo Valley, this charming hotel is set in the village of Orellán, 1.9 miles from Las Médulas. It has a restaurant serving local food of the area as well as cuisine inspired by ancient Roman recipes.Each bright room at O Palleiro do Pe do Forno has heating, free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom. Rooms open onto an exterior hallway, which overlooks the valley.The restaurant offers lovely views of Las Médulas’ striking mountains.The historic site of Las Médulas includes former goldmines and has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Ponferrada is a 30-minute drive from the Palleiro do Forno. León is 80.8 miles away.
- Fantastic location, Isabelle is lovely, helpful & can’t do enough for you.
- The property had great character. The evening meal was amazing. The location near Las Medulas was stunning and convenient for sight seeing.
- Isabel was a wonderful hostess. Loved her property
- At a cold time of year the bedroom was lovely and warm,. The meal offered was delicious and nicely cooked and presented. The price included wine and was very good value and to be recommended. The location was ideal for our purpose, and it was less than 5 mins in car to the mirador of Orellan, from where you can look down onto Las Medulas. Another 10 minute drive takes you to the old Roman gold mine working at Las Medullas. We will definitely try to return in the future.
- We arrived late and were delighted to be met by a cosy bar with a fireplace and our friendly host Isabelle who gave us a glass of Orujo. The property’s restaurant has real character and is set in the roof of an old barn. If you come to see Las Medulas, it is only a short and beautiful 1.7km walk (gorgeous with the morning mist). A charming property that we would definitely stay at again.
Los Majitos Hotel Rural
Showcasing a playground and views of the mountain, Los Majitos Hotel Rural is located in Carracedelo, just 7 miles from Ponferrada. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air-conditioned and features a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a seating area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a electric tea pot in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find slippers and free toiletries.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Manzaneda is 30 miles from Los Majitos Hotel Rural, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 5 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Restaurante – Hotel La Tronera
Easily accessible from the A6 Motorway, Hotel Rural La Tronera is located in Villadepalos, in the Bierzo area of Castilla y León. It offers a hot tub and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.The rooms at Hotel Rural La Tronera feature wooden floors. Each one has a flat-screen TV and private bathroom, many of which come with a hydromassage bath.The hotel offers a home-made breakfast, made from fresh, local products. For lunch and dinner, the restaurant serves traditional Castilian food in the rustic dining room. A different tasting menu is available every season and there is a barbecue in the garden in summer.Hotel Rural La Tronera is 30 minutes’ drive from Las Médulas, a Roman gold mine and UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can drive to Ponferrada in around 20 minutes.
- L’accueil ++++++ de Theresa , la cuisine originale et inventive de Miguel, le professionnalisme de Fanny. Hôtel original et confortable en milieu rural avec un restaurant detrès grande qualité
A pesar de ser hotel, te sientes como en casa.
La calidad del desayuno espectacular!!
Los dueños, encantadores.
- La mezcla perfecta entre lo tradicional y vanguardia, lugar tranquilo en plena naturaleza las habitaciones confortables, el trato y su cocina extraordinarios todo un descubrimiento hemos aprendido mucho sobre el Bierzo y sus lugareños en La Tronera.
1.- La habitación era grande y estaba bien decorada.
2.- Los desayunos estupendos.. por 5.50 € se desayuna muy bien. Buena relación calidad-precio. El comedor/jardín donde se sirven los desayunos es un lugar muy agradable.
- El desayuno era excelente, el trato personal muy bueno, el restaurante genial, estaba ubicado muy bien para ver la zona y en un pueblo tranquilo con un entorno natural muy bonito
Hostal San Miguel
Located in Ponferrada, 28 miles from Astorga, Hostal San Miguel features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFithroughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles from Hostal San Miguel, and Las Médulas is 11 miles away.
- Good location. Walking distance to the castle and the historic center.
- Rooms were modern and clean. Bathrooms small but good shower. I had a great sleep. Hosts have little English but are very helpful. Very organised
- Bed very comfortable and room fine for a short stay.
- The owner was incredibly friendly and helpful. The location was perfect and the hotel was clean. Hotel also has restaurant right across the street.
- Very clean faciliies. Two brothers run the “front desk” at their restaurant bar and were very helpful hosts. I enjoyed dining and sharing wine with them. Good security at hostal. Short walk up to the historical center. Very lively evenings at tapas places there.🍷😎
Hostal Virgen de la Encina
Offering a restaurant, Hostal Virgen de la Encina has free WiFi, a terrace and a 24-hour front desk. Located in Ponferrada, the hostel is 1.2 miles from Ponferrada Train Station.Featuring exposed stone walls and wooden furniture, each charming room at the hostel comes with a balcony, a wardrobe and heating. All rooms have a private bathroom. Some rooms have a spa bath.Other facilities offered at the property include meeting facilities, a shared lounge and luggage storage.
- Great location opposite the castle. Friendly and helpful staff. Good bar.
- Amazing property, really old period accommodation, right next to the Castle, main square and all other attractions. Old style timbered pub and reception, noise from pub we never heard. The car we parked for free 200 meters way, after off loading our shackles. The castle is a must to see and the water reflection photos from the bridge were stunning.
- Location in the historical part of the city, just opposite the castle. Original room decoration, nice bed. The room is quite and sleeps well. Very friendly staff. Bar in the lobby.
- The staff were remarkable!! Vanessa and the other ladies were very helpful and Drew maps & pictures to help us find our way around this enchanting city. They served us breakfast fresh orange juice, made up our room quickly when we were out and in general we’re a joy!!
- Old, traditional mansion, renovation adapted to that mansion style
Hotel Aroi Ponferrada
One of our best sellers in Ponferrada! The Aroi Ponferrada Hotel is close to Ponferrada’s main shopping area and within walking distance of the Templar Castle and the Museo Bierzo. It has free Wi-Fi and complimentary minibars.The modern rooms all have flat-screen TVs, telephone and air-conditioning. Children up to 12 years can stay for free when using existing beds.Aroi Ponferrada has a quiet reading area in the lobby where you can find newspapers.The hotel offers a buffet breakfast. There is a cafe offering drinks and snacks throughout the day.Ponferrada is the final city on the Camino de Santiago before you reach Galicia. The hotel is located just off the Avenida de España, the business center of the city. Public parking can be found nearby.
- Beautiful bit of luxury after a long hike. No sign of bed bugs here either.
- Staff very helpful, clean comfortable room near the train station
- Nice hotel with very modern and clean room. Room was not large, but was quite comfortable. Very quiet — no street noise. Close to train.
- Beds were white sheeted, large and comfortable. Lots of pillows. Felt clean and fresh.
- Excellent location for taking train. Good breakfast. Treasure is the La Bodeguilla restaurant behind it.
Hotel Valle del Silencio
This charming rural hotel is set in the small village of San Esteban de Valdueza, 3.7 miles from Ponferrada. It offers comfortable accommodation in a tranquil setting, with a terrace and free Wi-Fi.The traditional rooms have central heating and feature a TV and piped music. All rooms have a private bathroom with a hairdyer and free toiletries and the suites include a spa bath.The Hotel Valle del Silencio serves breakfast and has a restaurant and bar. There is also a lounge area with sofas, games and a selection of books.The local area has a number of hiking and cycling routes, as well as places to go fishing. The Las Medulas gold mining area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a 40 minute drive away.Free public parking is available nearby. The A-6 Motorway, which connects A Coruña with Madrid, is just 6.8 miles away.
- Staff was eonderful. Bartender eas wonderful. Food was delicious!!
- Extremely nice staff. Quiet place.Very good breakfast.
- Very nice breakfast, staff is very friendly and helpful. Excellent restaurant as well. You are close to Ponferrada, and to many nice villages.
- Todo en general, la dueña profesional como la copa de un pino. Te informa mejor que una oficina de turismo de todas las rutas y lugares que tienes que visitar en la zona. Trato muy cercano y amable de todo el equipo del hotel y su restaurante. El hotel precioso decorado con mucho gusto y los desayunos impresionantes. La habitaciones amplias y confortables Muy bien situado para realizar las excursiones pertinentes. Y en un entorno tranquilo y muy bonito. Verdaderamente recomendable. Sin duda repetiremos.
- El hotel está situado en un pueblecito acogedor y tranquilo. El personal tiene un trato muy cercano y amable. La cercanía con Ponferrada (10 minutos en coche) también es de agradecer por si se necesitara algo adicional. Desayuno delicioso para empezar el día bien 🙂
Hotel El Castillo
One of our best sellers in Ponferrada! Only 150 feet from Templarios Castle in Ponferrada, hotel El Castillo offers free Wi-Fi in a perfect setting. It is just by the Camino de Santiago.The Hotel El Castillo is just a short walk to the ancient centre of Ponferrada. This city is capital of the El Bierzo region.Authentic El Bierzo wine is available. This beautiful region offers a range of walking and cycling routes.The hotel restaurant serves delicious local cuisine and a continental breakfast. Special dishes include pork, mushrooms, chestnuts and typical soups.Rooms at the Castillo are spacious and soundproofed.
- Right next to the castle, large room, large bathtub!
- Great location. Lovely food and very friendly staff.
- Large room with spacious bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The drapes work well. Wifi and hot water are good. The staff is very helpful.
- Nice modern and clean rooms. Great location near the castle.
- The parking Garage downstairs was very handy for storing and setting up my Camino bike. Late checkin facility was very useful. Reception staff very friendly. The shower was excellent.
Top Hotels In Santalla Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santalla Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santalla Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santalla Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!