10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santa María San José – Top Hotel Reviews
Santa María San José is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santa María San José. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santa María San José. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santa María San José. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santa María San José right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santa María San José with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santa María San José:
Hotel Valle Verde Confort Spa
Featuring rooms with balconies and free Wi-Fi, Hotel Valle Verde Confort Spa is in the coffee-producing village of Santa María de Dota. It features a small spa and a traditional Costa Rican restaurant.Each simply decorated room at the Valle Verde has tile floors. All rooms have free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom.Guests can enjoy a range of national dishes in the Verde Confort’s La Cocina de Roy Restaurant.The spa features a sauna and hot tub. Treatments include massage and facials, as well as coffee massages.Surrounded by the impressive mountains of the Central Volcanic Range, the Valle Verde is ideally located for hiking and biking. The staff at the 24-hour front desk can arrange tours to local coffee plantations, as well as waterfalls and volcanoes. San José is 40 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Located in Rodeo, 20 miles from Manuel Antonio, Hotel Arboleda features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms include a flat-screen TV with cable channels.You will find luggage storage space at the property.San José is 19 miles from Hotel Arboleda, and Alajuela is 28 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 22 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Hotel Zacatecas offers accommodations in San Marcos. Free private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. Every room includes a private bathroom.There is luggage storage space at the property.Manuel Antonio is 20 miles from Hotel Zacatecas, and San José is 19 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 22 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Hotel Palenque Tarrazu
Hotel Palenque Tarrazu is located in San Marcos, just 20 miles from Manuel Antonio. The hotel has an outdoor pool and barbecue, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or garden.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.San José is 18 miles from Hotel Palenque Tarrazu, and Alajuela is 27 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 21 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Rio Macho Lodge
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Rio Macho Lodge offers accommodations in Orosí, just 20 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play pool at the hotel. The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 31 miles from Rio Macho Lodge, and Escazú is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 24 miles from Rio Macho Lodge.
- It’s a quiet and far from the city. If you want to relax, so it is a good option. There’s a good space to cook and there are utenlises, a kitchen, a microvawe. Most of the things you might need to cook are there.
- The kitchen was really good stuffed, nice and clean. The view from the common terrace was lovely.
- Le lodge est situé dans un coin calme. Il y a une bonne vue de la terrasse avec un jardin entretenu ou l’on peut faire un tour. Le gérant qui travaille à Orosi est sympathique. On nous a proposé une chambre légèrement plus chère 7€ de plus pour 3 nuit, mais bien plus agréable.
- no pude conoser el hotel nunca nos atendieron y era un lugar apartado y sin cobertura para poder llamar por telefono
- Buena ubicación, lugar muy tranquilo. A 100 mts de un río apto para bañarse. Cocina muy completa, terraza muy buena y una habitación cómoda. Un gran jardín y cochera. Personal super amable y atento
Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Orosi Lodge is located in Orosí. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. San José is 18 miles from Orosi Lodge, and Alajuela is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 22 miles from Orosi Lodge.
- A small apartments block of six rooms, all well equipped and efficiently run by the German owners. We had a lovely ground floor room with a small terrace with views of the garden (with hummingbird feeder) and of the volcanoes Irazu and Turrialba. The double bed was very comfortable and supplied with single duvets. There was a small kitchen area with fridge and coffee maker and a good supply of Café Cristina coffee! The bathroom was small but satisfactory. The reception had a good selection of local art for sale plus a small coffee bar where optional (and very good!) breakfasts were available all day. Orosi was on of the nicest small towns we saw in Costa Rica and there were a number of restaurants within walking distance.
- Lovely setting, excellent facilities and personable service. Delicious breakfast
- Very typical charm small hotel. High quality breakfast with pure orange juice and eggs made to order. Peaceful atmosphere of a traditional small costarican town. Very nice and helpful owner with lot of information about what to do in the area. Room pricing attractive. Good italian restaurant nearby (Il Giardino).
- Wonderful location in fantastic small valley town, very central. The view is amazing. We stayed in the Casita which was perfect for a family. The owners were very helpful and the breakfast sublime.
- The breakfast was exceptional – delicious and fresh. Good value. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The gift shop was also excellent offering a wide variety of local handicrafts.
Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort
One of our top picks in Cartago.Featuring free WiFi, Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort offers accommodations in Cartago. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the mountains, lake or pool are featured in certain rooms. Each room comes with a private bathroom. Superior rooms have a spa tub or a hot tub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.San José is 14 miles from Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort, and Alajuela is 25 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 18 miles from Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort.
- I were in wooden cotage close to the lake, which is beautiful, pool is nice and warm, food in the restaurant rly good.
- The location in the middle of nature with the swimming pools and river
- The staff were extremely helpful. Our car got stuck trying to get there and they went out of their way to try to help us and sent someone to pick us up when we had to walk (do not follow the back roads there via Google Maps!). We were covered in mud and the housekeeper was able to clean all of our clothes for us very quickly. Nice porch off of the king room. The hot spring pool seemed nice but we just walked by, didn’t go in.
- The beds were really comfy- the Rio Perlas breakfast was really good when it was available which was only 3 days out of the 5 we were there
- I,enjoyed a lot the area, the private jungle,.the swimming pool.with thermal water was the best thing. And the spa.ia cute too.
One of our top picks in Providencia.Located in Providencia, 26 miles from Manuel Antonio, Hotel Savegre features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.There is a gift shop at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as fishing and hiking. Playa Hermosa is 18 miles from Hotel Savegre, and Quepos is 25 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 36 miles from the property.
- This valley is a true treasure; not to be missed for anyone who loves nature. The breakfast is perfect. The Del Rio spa is fantastic.
- This hotel has lovely grounds up a mountain, with lots of birdlife. Location and area is stunningly beautiful, and the staff, buffet (we don’t usually like buffets) were great.
- Friendly and helpful reception staff. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and comfortable; and, there was a good internet connection. The breakfast was excellent. The location is beautiful!
- The hotel is best suited for birdwatchers, but you don’t have to be a fanatic birdwatcher to really enjoy the place. Very easy to arrange short excursions from the hotel.
- The staff went out if their way to make sure our stay was nice. Loved spending time in the bar, it’s a beautiful place, especially at happy hour 2 for 1! Spa was beautiful, a great way to end the day after a hike!
Los Lagos Lodge
Los Lagos Lodge is located in San Gerardo de Dota, just 26 miles from Manuel Antonio. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.Playa Hermosa is 19 miles from Los Lagos Lodge, and Quepos is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 36 miles from Los Lagos Lodge.
- The lodge is run by a family and each and every member was kind and helpful. The provided breakfast was delicious and really good and the coffee was great. There was wifi in the reception/restaurant area but not in the cabins. The cabins are a bit up the hill from the restaurant but not too far. Dinner was also available from 5-7 each night and was delicious (trout from their ponds) but a little pricey. The room/cabin was spotless and furnished nicely; however, it gets really cold in the mountains and the room was a bit drafty. Adequate blankets are provided. Falling asleep to the sound of the river was wonderful. They also helped to set up a tour to see the quetzal in the morning and my guide, Carlos, was great. This place isn’t fancy but it was a good deal and I would definitely stay here again.
Location quentzel tour hike to waterfalls
- The location in San Gerardo de Dota is perfect with a LOT of birds on the property
- Lovely quiet cabins impeccably clean. Comfy beds. Filling traditional meals. Truly Kind and accommodating staff.
- La struttura si trova in una splendida vallata, raggiungibile tuttavia con una strada strettissima, tortuosa e ripidissima; è circondata da un bel giardino, con vasche in cui nuotano le trote. Il personale è disponibile e gentilissimo. La colazione compresa nel prezzo è molto buona e ricca
Paraiso Orocay Lodge
Located in Paraíso in the region of Cartago, 17 miles from San José, Paraiso Orocay Lodge features a sun terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a shower. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 28 miles from Paraiso Orocay Lodge, and Escazú is 20 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- It’s a beautiful place to stay and enjoy the views of the mountains. The staff was very friendly, we enjoyed our stay at Orocay Lodge a lot.
They did not mind when our daughter joined us very nice of them to accept
Our daughter even tho we just booked for 2 people
- Nice location, no traffic noise, beautiful views, clean and modern rooms, nice continental breakfast including fruits, friendly owner.
- The bed was very comfortable and the view from the hotel grounds was pretty. The owners were also nice and helped us with our requests the best they could.
- Spectacular view that would be hard to beat. Nice staff. Hot water which is a bonus in Costa Rica! Quiet and peaceful. Home cooked food. Took about 50 mins to get to Irazu volcano from here-fantastic! Short drive to Lankester gardens for orchid lovers. Secure parking.
Top Hotels In Santa María San José Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santa María San José to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santa María San José but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santa María San José. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!