10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santa María Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Santa María Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santa María Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santa María Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santa María Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santa María Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santa María Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santa María Basque Country:
Offering a picturesque setting on Getxo’s Ereaga Beach, Hotel Igeretxe features rooms with sea or garden views. It is within 10 minutes’ walk of Neguri Metro Station, which connects you to central Bilbao in just 25 minutes.Each stylish, air-conditioned room at Hotel Igeretxe is decorated in contemporary grey tones. There is free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a minibar.The Igeretxe has a snack bar and an attractive terrace with views of the bay and mountains.Portugalete Suspension Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is less than 1.9 miles from the hotel. Bilbao Airport is a 20-minute drive away.
I really like everything.
The room was great, with sea views and really confortable and clean.
In my opinion the best hotel in Getxo.
- Great breakfast in a lovely dining room. Sea view with big windows that you could actually open to hear the sea at night. Staff mostly attentive and friendly.
Very nice breakfast and dining rooms, with direct view to the beach and sea.
Very nice area, with walkway passing by the hotel where you can do a pleasant promenade along the beach.
- Nice view from the breakfast room and good service. Also the sound from waves rolling onto the beach when falling asleep is fabulous.
- View from the room over the sea, clean and big room, close to the beach
- I really like everything.
Petit Palace Tamarises
One of our top picks in Getxo.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Situated in Getxo, this boutique hotel is located next to the beach and a 20-minute drive from the main cultural spots in Bilbao, such as the Guggenheim Museum.Rooms at the Petit Palace Tamarises are designed in an avant-garde style and most of them feature fantastic sea views from their own private terraces. All rooms come equipped with free WiFi internet access. Bathrooms feature hydromassage showers.Business meetings or conferences can be organised here in the event halls overlooking the sea.The town of Getxo boasts 6.2 miles of stunning coastline and picturesque surrounding countryside with forests and rolling hills. It is also a great destination for outdoor pursuits.
Super friendly and helpful staff. Family room great with balcony and beautiful bathroom with everything provided.
Good location with metro station near by.
They also offer a free bikes but unfortunately with no kids seat to attach so we wasn’t able to use this.
- Perfect location. Kind staff. Clean and spacious rooms and rich breakfast!
- Not many options for dining and many don’t start serving until 8.or 8.30.pm
- Good breakfast and great view over the Atlantic and port of Bilbao
Walking distance to the beach
Walking distance to the bus stop and tram
Tamarise restaurant good food
- Super friendly and helpful staff. Family room great with balcony and beautiful bathroom with everything provided.
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. This glamorous hotel is situated on Getxo’s elegant Paseo Zugazarte. Rooms have a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and décor inspired by the 1920s. All overlook the sea or hotel garden.Hotel Embarcadero is set in a former Basque mansion in Las Arenas, in the heart of the coastal town of Getxo. There is easy transport to central Bilbao via Gobela and Areeta Metro Stations.Traditional Basque cuisine is served at the Embarcadero’s café-restaurant. There is also a gift shop.Private parking is possible on site at the Embarcadero. Vizcaya Bridge is just 2,650 feet away, while Bilbao Airport lies within 5.6 miles.
- Great location and wonderful view from room. Helpful and friendly staff. Excellent cafe with good menu.
- This is a very lovely property. We enjoyed the restaurant that is part of the property, the promenade in old town was wonderful and the availability of bike at the hotel was especially nice since the promenade is just outside the hotel and extensive. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for part of the travel experience to be a lovely hotel with historic value.
The location is superb, directly on a long boardwalk promenade, harbour front. The hotel is a restyled Basque house, fantastic. We were there because the hotel is only minutes away from the Bilbao cruise terminal.
The metro to Bilbao is a short walk away – 20 min to the city center.
- Fantastic location and views. We had the corner room with windows in 2 directions. Both with water. Nice and alert staff. Fantastic garden and terrass. Hotel bikes were used for many excursions in getxo.
- Good facilities inc bar & brasserie style restaurant. Very comfortable bed. Excellent staff.
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. The family-run Hotel Neguri is located in Getxo, 1,000 feet from the beach and 6.2 miles from central Bilbao. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the property and free parking.Neguri Metro Station is just 650 feet away. This offers a direct link to the heart of Bilbao.Some rooms in the Neguri Hotel have balconies, and all have TV and private bathrooms with hairdryers. All rooms have heating.The Neguri offers a varied breakfast, and there is a bar.
- Nice geographical location, helpful staff fluent in English, close parking, large rooms.
Helpful staff and lovely old house in good position for metro for Bilbao centre .Good parking in hotel grounds.
The double room was very spacious with generous bathroom (with bath)
- The room was much bigger than expected, with nice big windows allowing for a good view of the outside. Comfortable room, nice staff. Hotel was very nicely located close to beach and metro alike.
- The room was cosy, comfortable and a nice choice for breakfast. We received advice on places to eat and visit, friendly place to stay. There is a lovely coastal walk which takes you round towards Plentzia with a handy bar on the way.
- The location was close to the metro, and it was easy to get to Bilbao. Close to the beach and a park with a good view of the harbor. Older hotel, but comfortable.
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located just 650 feet from Sopelana Beach, Hotel Goizalde features a restaurant and rooms with free Wi-Fi. It is set in a garden, offering lovely sea views.Each room at Hotel Goizalde has simple décor. There is a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.Guests can enjoy a continental breakfast in the Goizalde’s restaurant. Basque cuisine is on offer for dinner.The surrounding region is ideal for surfing, kayaking, hiking and horse riding. The centre of Sopelana is just over 0.6 miles away.Bilbao and Barakaldo can be reached in 20 minutes by car. San Sebastián is just over 62.1 miles from the Goizalde.
Hotel with basic facilities acceptable for those who are not looking for the highest standard
Good internet connection
- Good location by the Sopellana beach. Restaurant of the hotel had ok food and was available for lunch and dinner. The romanian guy working there was very friendly.
Great personal….the beach is beautiful and great for surfing 😀😀😀
The village, Sopelana, is very friendly
- Family run, relaxed and friendly. Very good location right next to surf and sunset spot. Quiet.Food was fresh and tasty, breakfast typical Spanish, croissant, baguette, jam, orange juice and coffee
- The hotel is located near the beach so that was perfect for us and we had the parking included!
- Hotel with basic facilities acceptable for those who are not looking for the highest standard
This property is a 18-minute walk from the beach. Modus Vivendi is 1,300 feet from Sopelana Metro Station, with trains to Bilbao, 11.2 miles away. Free WiFi is offered, and it is 1.1 miles to Sopelana Beach.The hotel has a gym and sauna. The tour desk can organise several excursions to the surrounding area.All air-conditioned rooms have satellite TV and wooden floors. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer. Some rooms have a private balcony and hydro-massage bath.There is a bar in the Modus Vivendi Hotel. Shops and restaurants can be found within a short walk of the hotel.
- Great sauna at the hotel, staff was kind and nice.
- Croissants best I’ve tasted . Very friendly hotel rooms very clean and welcoming
- Close to train station but still 30 minute trip to Bilbao
- Nice breakfast, hotels is very close to city center
- The basement car park was good, with a lift up to our landing, an essential for us as on street parking was very busy. The room and breakfast were fine. The hotel is handy for the Metro into Bilbao for sightseeing. It was less than half an hour’s drive to the Brittany Ferry port, avoiding the congestion of Bilbao itself. The wifi was fine.
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Hotel Artaza is set in 14,000 m² of parkland and gardens, in the Santa María area of Getxo. The hotel’s popular restaurant serves creative Basque food.Rooms at the hotel are spacious and comfortable. They all have heating and a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi internet and an en-suite bathroom. A buffet breakfast is included.The Artaza has a bar and a terrace. There is also a 24-hour reception desk. Free private parking is available on site.The beaches of Andra Mari are less than 0.6 miles away. There is direct access to Bilbao city centre from Neguri Metro Station, 1,650 feet from Hotel Artaza.
- The restaurant and reception area, with bar used by locals – all seemed fine. A decent lift, bathroom and the condition of the hotel. I’ve read other reviews stating it seems tired. We simply thought it classic as the décor was tidy. Decent sized car park onsite. Getxo was a pleasant place to walk around 1.8 miles away uphill. Good point is that it’s downhill on the way back. Nice quiet area of mainly big houses.
- Stayed twice on this trip. Once for 3 nights in room 110, which was large, spacious and overlooked the park grounds. Room 104 for just a single night, which was a basic small double, overlooked the main road and had the kitchen fans beneath the window. The hotel sits in the heart of the local community and is widely used by the citizens that live there. It’s a great place to be, to feel part of the neighbourhood. It’s an easy walk to the beach (5 minutes or so) to the famous transporter bridge (15 minutes or so) to the fishing port of Algorta (15 minutes or so) and the metro line to get you to Bilbao is 5 minutes (the metro to Bilbao takes 20 minutes). We really enjoyed our stay here.
- Staff very friendly and helpful, easy access to the Metro to Bilbao.
- Nice room, nice bathroom, clean and comfortable but the breakfast wasn’t much to write home about – pretty basic and served by a frump – and the receptionist was ridiculously unbending when we’d left our passports in the car and wanted to check in. It was slinging it down with rain – a real downpour – and she insisted we went to the car to get the ID, without which we couldn’t check in or have access to our room. I was given an umbrella and pointed towards the door. Nice. It’s not a hotel we’ll use again, even though it was convenient for the old town (10 mins by car, good parking on the seas front) and some really great restaurants and picturesque streets.
- I loved the ‘pan de leche’ in the morning and the rest of the breakfast. The room had everything I needed. I loved the antique furniture. One of the receptionists was very nice. On the Friday night she lent me a converter plug as I had forgotten mine. SO kind!
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. A refurbished 19th century historical building, located just below the Biscay’s Bridge, considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel offers views of Bilbao’s Estuary, the sea and Bilbao’s Puente Colgante Bridge.The Hotel is well connected and situated next to the residential area of Getxo. The train is a 4-minute walk from the hotel and the metro is just 10 minutes’ walk away and takes you to Bilbao centre in 15 minutes. The harbour is located 1.2 miles away, the Convention Centre is 3.7 miles away and the airport is 7.5 miles away.
- Great value and lovely position. Nice ambiance and wonderful meal.
- Very helpful reception staff…. Could not be better
- Location! Easy access to center of town ( escalator), metro to Bilbao and tram to Getxo. Also great for strolling on the promenade along the river.
- The view from the room of the river and the transporter bridge was spectacular. Onsite parking costs a bit but is secure and in the hotel, rare in this area. Location was great both for the local area and for getting into Bilbao by metro. Breakfast was great the first morning with fresh made omelets but the small staff was overwhelmed by a large group the second day. We ate dinners in the local area and had great food for very reasonable prices. Staff was very nice.
- Comfortable bed, good-size and clean room, friendly staff, good location with river view
NH La Avanzada
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. The modern NH La Avanzada offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a plasma satellite TV. This designer hotel is in the exclusive Leioa-Getxo district, just a 10 minute drive from Bilbao city center.NH Avanzada’s bright rooms have hardwood floors and colorful, functional design. They all include a minibar and a stylish bathroom with toiletries.La Avanzada’s Txipirón Restaurant features a terrace and serves modern Basque cuisine, including a varied buffet breakfast. There are also various typical tapas bars within a 5 minute walk.The hotel’s tour desk can provide information about the Basque region. NH Avanzada is within a 20 minute walk of Getxo Beach and Abra Marina. Negurí Golf Course is a 10 minute drive away, and BEC Convention Centre is 4 miles away. You can drive to Bilbao Airport in 10 minutes.
- The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly but were unable to give adequate information. I have been offered some compensation.
- Just had the Continental Breakfast €6 for fruit juice, bread and coffee.
Modern hotel with plenty of parking, including underground, though you have to pay.
Rooms very modern.
- The room was nice and it was easy to get to the airport. We thought that the breakfasts were very overpriced, not particularly good and the dining room was like a work canteen. It was hard to park in the local town centre. We found a lovely beach at Gorlik about 30 mins drive away.
- Close to the airport with a wise price for the period
URH Palacio de Oriol
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Situated in Santurce, a 10-minute walk from its train station, URH Palacio de Oriol offers soundproofed rooms with air conditioning, heating, and free WiFi.The rooms are equipped with satellite TV, small fridge, and safety deposit box. The private bathroom comes with a bath or a shower. Hairdryer and toiletries are provided.The property’s restaurant specialises in traditional Basque cuisine. It also serves a varied buffet breakfast, including a selection of pastries, cold cuts, fruit, and cereal.The hotel also offers meeting and banquet facilities, as well as laundry services. Private parking is possible for a surcharge.Bilbao can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
- Only this property is very good in my entire booking with booking.com in all aspects.
The hotel was good, the surrounding area is very interesting.
Perfect for a business trip there, definitely Palacio de Oriol is a solid option for the next visit in Bilbao.
- Hotel is very handy for catching the ferry to UK, a simple 10 minute drive.
We liked the convenience of the hotel for Brittany Ferries .
We had an excellent dinner .
The hotel was welcoming and comfortable.
There was underground parking.
The roasted turbot was disappointing as the fish had a non crispy black skin and as such was
rather off putting. Some input from the chef would have helped as the fish itself was nice but could only be got at by painstaking surgical procedures.
The breakfast was very nice and very good value.
Top Hotels In Santa María Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santa María Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santa María Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santa María Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!