10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santa Cruz Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Santa Cruz Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santa Cruz Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santa Cruz Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santa Cruz Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santa Cruz Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santa Cruz Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santa Cruz Cantabria:
Located on the Alto de Laredo on the Cantabrian Coast, Hotel Miramar overlooks Laredo Bay and La Salve Beach. It has a terrace with a garden and pool, and rooms with free Wi-Fi.Miramar Hotel’s restaurant serves traditional local food, including fresh seafood, and offers wonderful views over the bay. There is also a café-bar where you can get a snack or a drink.Each room includes a flat-screen TV and a safe. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.The city centre is 0.6 miles from Hotel Miramar, while Laredo’s Gothic Santa María de la Asunción Church is 10 minutes’ drive away. The hotel is located just off the A8 Motorway, within a 30-minute drive of Santander and Bilbao. Free private parking is available on site.
- The views were terrific and our room was very clean.
- Los desayunos estupendos, todo en general era estupendo
- close to a8 junction . lovey view over the bay of Laredo.at top of hill so not able to walk to Laredo really need to drive.
Location was perfect for access to both Santander & Bilbao ferry ports.
Good clean room with great views.
Good buffet breakfast.
- Nice view – convenient for overnight stop as near the motorway
One of our top picks in Laredo.This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. This rural-style hotel is located just 100 feet from Salve beach, on coastline of Cantabria, and is the ideal place for spending a relaxing vacation in a stunning natural seafront setting.Hotel Cortijo boasts exterior facing rooms, in which you can enjoy plenty of natural light. They also come with satellite TV.In the evening you can enjoy a drink in the on site bar, before going for a meal in one of the restaurants in the town of Laredo – the center is 1,000 feet from the hotel.Cortijo is an ideal base for exploring the natural beauty of this region of Cantabria, including Cabárceno Nature Reserve. Bilbao and Santillana del Mar are within easy reaching distance of the hotel.
The young girls on reception were extremely helpful and got me sorted with forwarding my luggage on to my next accommodation.
The location is good as it’s in a quiet road, close to the beach and only a short walk to town.
- Location was excellent as property is one block back from the beach and also a short walk to the town. Plenty of free car parking available (low-season visit).
- The hotel was situated in a quiet street just off the main promenade. Easy access to beach. Parking outside the hotel was good. Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Very well maintained property in an easily accessible area on foot. 3 short blocks to the beautiful beach in Laredo.
- Nice neighborhood and nearby the sea and town center.
- The young girls on reception were extremely helpful and got me sorted with forwarding my luggage on to my next accommodation.
Hotel La Ronda
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Hotel La Ronda is centrally located in Castro Urdiales main shopping street, and only 10 minutes’ walk from the beach. It offers simple décor rooms with free Wi-Fi, a TV and private bathroom.The hotel features a café bar and a lounge where guest can relax while reading a book or watching TV.Staff at the 24 hour front desk can provide tourist information about the area. The hotel also has a bicycle storage facility which you can use for free.The surrounding area is ideal for hiking and surfing. Bilbao is 21.7 miles from the hotel while Santander is 46.6 miles away.
- Very close to centre. Easy to find from the Camino. Easy to start again. String shower.
- The funny toilet video I made of the auto spray bidet ! A classic Monty Python.
- Central location in Castro, very clean and new sanitary.
- Un poco escueto, ahora tampoco era caro y estaba bien ubicado
- Parfait pour un pèlerin. Hôtel sur le camino,accueil chaleureux ,proche des commerces et de la vieille ville. Bon rapport qualité prix.
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. This family-run hotel is set next to La Cava Estuary, on the beautiful Cantabrian Coast. The simply decorated rooms have a private balcony.Hotel Villa’s functional rooms have tiled floors and wooden furniture. All rooms include a TV and a private bathroom, with a hairdryer and toiletries.At low tide, guests can access the open-sea beaches or the village of Noja, while Cabarceno Nature Reserve is 18.6 miles away.The hotel has a restaurant, and there is also a café with a large outdoor terrace.Hotel Villa is situated in a peaceful area, surrounded by gardens and trees. Santander Airport is 24.9 miles away, while Santander city centre is a 45-minute drive away.
- The rooms were basic but clean. Location was amazing – right next to a sandy estuary – we could swim from just outside the hotel at high tide.
- I liked the fact that the beach was right by the hotel.
- Location, right on the beach and short walk to shops etc
- The location next to a walkable / swimmable estuary and part of a seaside town with great beach is lovely – despite the electricity (?) generator opposite. Meals were nice and staff friendly and helpful. – would definitely return.
- The location is fantastic, overlooking the natural park, and with the beach adjoining. The walks when the tide is low are great if you like nature, and there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance.
Sercotel Las Rocas
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Overlooking the beautiful Brazomar Beach, this distinctive hotel is located on Spain’s north coast between Santander and Bilbao.Set in the picturesque port of Castro Urdiales, the Sercotel Las Rocas provides ideal accommodations for those visiting the Green Coast. It blends a tranquil location and traditional service with modern technology for a comfortable stay. One of its most impressive features is the restaurant, where you can try the range of regional specialties including grilled fish.The hotel’s elegant guestrooms mix classic decor with contemporary facilities, such as music equipment and free Wi-Fi internet access. Some enjoy fantastic views over the Bay of Biscay.
- we have stayed at this hotel for many years now and found it excellent but this time it was even better the room was magnificent as we were on the top floor on arrival the reception wassuperb as we had had a poor journey from javea and the receptionist told us we could go strait to the bar and relax before we signed in superb
- Large clean room, quiet at night ! Staff very helpful.
- We have now returned to this several times after arriving in Santander by ferry. It has excellent large beds an beautiful rooms.
- Nice hotel, we enjoyed an upgraded room. Spacious comfortable with lovely sea views.
- The whole town was warm and welcoming and stunning in its location
Hotel Juan de la Cosa
Featuring a great beachfront location, Hotel Juan de la Cosa offers self-catering apartments in Santoña. The building is equipped with a pleasant shared indoor pool and a sauna.Apartments are all fitted with free WiFi access, a living room with a sofa-bed, a TV, a dining room and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some apartments have air conditioning and ocean views.The complex has a bar, café and restaurant. Special diet menus are available on request, as are packed lunches, room service and breakfast in your apartment.There is a TV lounge and games room. Additionally, laundry and dry cleaning facilities are available for an extra fee. Guests can also hire a car and an airport shuttle service for an extra fee. The A8 Motorway is just 8 minutes’ drive from the complex and Bilbao Airport is an hour’s drive away.
- Staff were excellent and very helpful with immediately forwarding items that had been left behind.
- Our second visit this year – everything excellent, though a long walk from the lift to the bedroom this time – we should have mentioned mobility problems
- Excellent not crowded beach in few mins of walk – only ocean, wind and dunes. Good restaurant&bar in the hotel.
- Great location with sea view. Clean rooms. Good breakfast. Friendly and helpful personal.
- Amazing location. Friendly and helpful staff. Great views of the sea.
Hotel Las Olas
One of our best sellers in Noja! This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Hotel Las Olas is set right on Playa Trengandín Beach, in the Cantabrian resort of Noja. It has a free Wi-Fi zone and rooms with flat-screen TV, most with sea views.Each room at Las Olas has hardwood floors and simple modern design. Most rooms have views of the sea, and they all include a refrigerator and a bathroom with a hairdryer.The Las Olas Hotel serves menu options in its restaurant, which has a seafront terrace. The hotel also includes a café-bar.Santander is a 40-minute drive away, and Bilbao can be reached in under an hour. Private parking is available at the hotel.
- it is good budget hotel for ONE night stay.by the way breakfast was good(unexpectedly).there is nice sea view from certain rooms
- the hotel was on the edge of a sandy beach with great sea views.Our room was well equipped and comfortable with great sea views.
- Location of the hotel is right next to the wonderful golden sands of the beach. The hotel was very clean and decorated very tastefully. Our room overlooked the sea. Electric shutters on the floor to ceiling windows. Very good breakfast was available in the restaurant on the ground floor.
Waiter their restaurant was very pleasant
- Bueno Desayuno. Great Breakfast. Special service by charming Paulino, the chief-waiter. And the hotel manager, Lara, was very friendly 🙂 Las Olas Hotel has it’s place almost on the beach. They have a great lunch menu, consisting of several seafood courses. Try one of their Paellas…!! Mmmm…very good!! ?
Risco Cantabria Experience
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Set in a rustic building overlooking Laredo Bay, this family-run hotel offers views of the mountains and the Port. It features free Wi-Fi, a gourmet restaurant and rooms with a flat-screen TV and balcony.Risco Cantabria Experience’s main restaurant serves traditional and contemporary Cantabrian cuisine. Guests can enjoy fine dining and panoramic views on the terrace situated at the entrance of the hotel. Gluten-free meals are also available upon request.The bright rooms at the Risco Cantabria Experience include vintage décor with rustic 19th Century furniture. Each room has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The hotel is ideally located for nature lovers, placed among some of the most important hiking routes on the Costa Oriental.Risco Cantabria Experience is situated just off the A8 Motorway, a 10-minute walk from Laredo centre. Santander is a 30-minute drive away. There is free private parking on site.
- Nice balcony and outside area with good views over Laredo.
- Accommodation was very quiet and clean and the staff very nice
- Absolutely superb meals produced from the kitchen at the hotels restaurant, every meal was a winner. There are 25 rooms with lovely views over the city, and the 26th is on a back corner, with next to no views. You can walk into the city, but it’s about 1km plus 145 steps – ok going down, not so returning ! Nice staff too.
- Nice welcome and proactive about offering us to park the motorbike in full view of the hotel. Lovely room with superb view from terrace. Comfortable rooms were quiet. Friendly atmosphere and characterful hotel with rooms underneath the main reception on the side of the hill. Excellent paella restaurant amd good wine.
Fantastic view over the bay and town from private balcony. Welcoming staff.
Characterful hotel. A bit of a mission if you want to walk into town but then you’d stay somewhere different. Very convenient for the motorway.
Breakfast was ok with fresh coffee and fresh orange, pastry and make-your-own toast. I guess it wouldn’t break their bank to make available a few slices of cheese and a boiled egg or two! We had 4 nights there (meeting family staying nearby) and really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. A beer on our balcony late at night was very pleasant!
Parador de Limpias
Set on a large estate with extensive gardens and protected woodland, Parador de Limpias is in the Cantabrian country town of Limpias. It has an outdoor pool, tennis courts and a padel court.The impressive Eguilor Palace Estate is the former summer residence of King Alfonso XIII. It features ornate gardens and a monumental gateway.The air-conditioned rooms at the Parador de Limpias feature a flat-screen TV and a minibar. Each one comes with a private bathroom.Parador de Limpias’ restaurant serves traditional Cantabrian food, using fresh, seasonal produce. There is also a bar where you can enjoy a snack or a drink.Central Laredo is a 10-minute drive from the hotel. There is easy access to the A-8 Motorway, taking you to Santander in 25 minutes and Bilbao in 35 minutes.
- Very good meal in the restaurant, nice room, and lovely grounds.
- Immaculate finishes in both public places and room; size of room; bed comfort and standard of linen; tranquilty.
- The room was large, with full height windows, warm and with no creaking floor boards.
- The overall atmosphere of the hotel is very good. The traditional Spanish style is very appealing and there is a relaxing atmosphere through out the Hotel. There is a pleasant bar and the food and service in the restaurant was excellent. The Parador is well located for overnighting prior to getting a ferry from Santander or Bilbao to the UK. Unlike lots of hotels near the ports , parking is free.
- We were very surprised as we arrived in the car. The staff were excellent and everything just right, thank you
La Casa del Agua 56
La Casa del Agua 56 offers free Wi-Fi and features a garden. Set in Ampuero and surrounded by nature, this accommodation is 6.8 miles from Laredo and the La Salve de Laredo Beach.Spread over 4 floors, guests have access to a lounge with a TV.Fitted with hardwood floors, each bedroom has heating. The private bathroom has a hydromassage shower.This area offers hiking activities. La Casa del Agua 56 is within 500 feet from Asón River. Iglesia Parroquial de San Pedro Church is a 6-minute drive from the property. N-629 Motorway is just 1.6 miles away.
- Lovely posada in beautiful location. Gorgeous garden, nice breakfast. This is a great place
- It is a very pretty old house with nice antique furniture with an attention to details. The owner was very nice and helpful.
- This is our third year at this exceptional posada in rural Cantabria. Rosalia and Rafa are perfect hosts and make us feel like members of the family. Cada vez mejor!
- Very friendly hosts! Nicely renovated property and cute garden! Green and hilly surroundings.
- The owners and their family were friendly and helpful. Room was good as was the breakfast.
Top Hotels In Santa Cruz Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santa Cruz Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santa Cruz Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santa Cruz Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!