10 Best Hotels To Stay In Santa Cruz California – Top Hotel Reviews
Santa Cruz California is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Santa Cruz California. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santa Cruz California. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santa Cruz California. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Santa Cruz California right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Santa Cruz California with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Santa Cruz California:
Comfort Inn Santa Cruz
One of our top picks in Santa Cruz.This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Located in Santa Cruz, 28 miles from Monterey, Comfort Inn Santa Cruz features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a TV with satellite channels. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.San Jose is 25 miles from Comfort Inn Santa Cruz, and Carmel is 30 miles away. Mineta San Jose International Airport is 27 miles from the property.
- Little lady helping in breakfast nook was awesome
- The breakfast area was clean and orderly. Decent selections. Overall the hotel was very comfortable. I would stay here again. My bed was a little too firm/stiff, for me, but I’m used to something super soft at home. The shower head was good. The complex was pretty quiet, and I appreciated being on the second floor. Makes me feel more secure.
- Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The bed was comfortable and the location was great!
- Beds were extremely comfortable and room well maintained.
- Cleanliness of the room and in particular the fresh laundered bedding. Ample towels however bring your own shampoo and conditioner as both are tiny and they do not supply shower gel.
The Babbling Brook Inn
This property is a 14-minute walk from the beach. Just a 5 minute drive from Santa Cruz Boardwalk, this charming B&B offers an evening wine reception complete with hors d’oeurves. A buffet breakfast is available daily. All rooms feature a fireplace.Free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV with satellite is included in each guest room at The Babbling Brook Inn. Guests can wrap themselves in the provided bathrobe and curl up on the featherbed.Guests of The Babbling Brook Inn Santa Cruz can start their day with a hot dish such as quiche or pancakes. Cereal, fruit and baked goods are included. Tea, coffee and juice are provided.University of Santa Cruz is an 11 minute drive from this bed and breakfast. Pasatiempo Golf Club is 3 miles away.
- Bed was great, staff was friendly, and breakfast was quite good.
- It’s a wonderful place to stay. We will be back!
- nice staff and breakfast . Room is spa it and clean。Very warm with heater
- Breakfast absolutely great; nice location; warm atmosphere, staff very kind and helpful
- Friendly staff and beautiful property. Another guest was smoking on the premises and when brought to staff attention they handled it immediately.
This property is a 13-minute walk from the beach. Just a 5 minute drive from the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, this hotel offers an outdoor pool and hot tub and has spacious rooms with free WiFi. It offers free on site parking.A satellite TV with HBO movie channels, a microwave and a fridge are offered in all guest rooms a Continental Inn. Each comfortably furnished room includes a hairdryer and tea/coffee-making facilities.A 24-hour front desk is offered at Continental Inn Santa Cruz. Fax and photocopying services are available on site.Offering numerous dining and shopping opportunities, Water Street and Santa Cruz town center are just a 5 minute walk from this hotel. The University of California Santa Cruz is a 13 minute drive away.
- It was me and 9 year old son and we felt so comfortable. The room was awesome the bed awesome the staff awesome. We will definitely be back
- Location was good to get to other places of interest.
- The room was clean with hard wood floors. Excellent towels and bedding. Refrigerator and microwave were included.
- It was very clean and well-appointed. We like it because they welcome pets and it is near our daughter’s house in Santa Cruz.
- clean, well kept operation. we thought past visits included a continental breakfast. there was none this trip.
Dream Inn Santa Cruz
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. This beachfront hotel is located next to Santa Cruz’s famous boardwalk and steps from the center of the city, making it an ideal destination for a weekend escape, corporate event, family vacation or romantic getaway.The Dream Inn features a natural, laid back atmosphere inspired by the ocean. All guest rooms and suites include private balconies or patios with spectacular views of Monterey Bay. Enjoy the memorable sunsets, watch the surfers and let the ocean waves lull you to sleep.The hotel’s spacious deck features a pool and hot tub. With a great location and luxurious amenities, the Dream is a great choice for business or pleasure.
- We loved the staffs and the location of the hotel. Just a few steps away from the beach and of course the view of the ocean was speechless. It doesn’t matter what time of the day or night .. The balcony will give you the best view of the ocean. Make sure you stop by their restaurant. Best breakfast !!
Staff was very pleasant & helpful.
A great location!
We enjoyed the pool &!hot tube. Easy in & out with valet parking.
- We loved the beachy themed 60’s decor and color scheme of the lobby and room. All of the employees were VERY friendly and helpful at all times. And the view from the room was spectacular!! This is definitely our new favorite place to stay!!
- Superior Hotel. Have been on many hotels and this is one of my favorite. Great location and view.
- I absolutely loved my view of my room ! The staff was absolutely Amazing and super nice 💕
One of our top picks in Santa Cruz.This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Hotel Solares offers accommodations in Santa Cruz. Private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. A TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monterey is 26 miles from Hotel Solares, and San Jose is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 28 miles from the property.
I went to casa blanca hotel Was horrible experience
But your Price was exelent cleaning was good stuff was friendly Everthing was good More thn i thought
- The staff was very friendly, I was greeted right away.
- Staff were polite and friendly. Value for money. Location was good with parking space (for a fee).
- The hotel is dog friendly which was a big bonus for my friend I was with! Her dog is 110lbs, friendly as can be but lots of places tend to frown on animals that large. This place was a really great price and located pretty close (the longest drive was 10mins) to everything we wanted to see!
- Very good location. Older property, but well maintained
- I went to casa blanca hotel Was horrible experience
Ocean Gate Inn
One of our best sellers in Santa Cruz! This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. The Ocean Gate Inn is ideally located in the heart of Santa Cruz.This hotel is just a short walk from the Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk, as well as downtown shops and restaurants. This affordable hotel has large spacious rooms, each with its own private balcony where you can enjoy views of the Boardwalk or the Mountains.Next time you visit Santa Cruz, make Ocean Gate Inn your first choice for a comfortable, convenient and affordable stay.
- Great water pressure. Costruction worked needs a good shower
- I really liked the view, it was very Quiet and the bed was very comfortable.
- Location and certainly the view. Wifi ws great yoo.
- Bed. Slept great. Balcony over looking river walk with Boardwalk rollercoaster in background. My wife and child walked along river while i was at work. They loved it.
- Room was very large, and clean. King bed was comfy. Man at the front was very unfriendly and make it seem as though I was bothering him or disturbing him as his apartments is connected to the office. Tv was blurry so I had to ask him to help me, and he didn’t seem to happy about it.
Howard Johnson Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located a short walk from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, this California hotel features beautiful ocean views and a hot tub. Free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast are included in all guest rooms.All rooms at the Howard Johnson Inn-Fisherman’s Wharf-Santa Cruz include a flat-screen TV with cable. Comfortably furnished, the bright rooms feature a fridge and microwave.For added convenience, laundry facilities are available at the Howard Johnson Inn. Vending machines offering snacks and beverages are on site.The University of California Santa Cruz is a 12 minute drive from the hotel. The Santa Cruz Wharf is a short walk away.
- The room is freshly furnitured which gives nice impression. The bed was comfortable. Location is perfect, in very quiet place but just next to the beach and pier. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
- I liked how clean it was. And I liked that it had a kitchen. I didn’t even know it was going to have a kitchen. What a great price.
- The view and location were excellent. You can see the ocean and wharf from the 2nd floor balcony. The family running the place were very nice and I liked having a hot waffle breakfast every morning.
- Clean, close to boardwalk, easy to get in and out of.
- We stayed in a balcony room with a view of the Ocean. Can’t go wrong with that!!
Ramada Limited Santa Cruz Water Street
In Downtown Santa Cruz this hotel is a 15-minute walk from many shops and restaurants. The hotel provides a seasonal outdoor pool and rooms with free Wi-Fi. Parking is free for guests.Ramada Limited Santa Cruz rooms include a microwave and refrigerator, for midnight snacks and light meals.Ramada Limited Santa Cruz provides guests with a daily continental breakfast and USA Today Newspaper .This hotel is only 1.5 miles from Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and the Santa Cruz Wharf. Mystery Spot is less than a 10-minute drive away. The University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) is a 15-minute drive from the property.
- There was absolutely nothing I liked about my stay at this hotel. The best part of my stay there was checking out. This is an awful hotel and I’m very surprised at Booking.com for even listing it in their hotel recommendations.
- Amazing channel lineup if you plan to be inside a lot – best I’ve experienced in Santa Cruz. Quiet. Pretty good parking. Extremely nice guy at front desk.
- No nothing except continental breakfast. I only have coffee and OJ
- Nothing. only positive note is after I complained he gave me aa different roomdiiffere
- The staff that checked us in was very friendly and pleasant
One of our best sellers in Santa Cruz! This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Within a 10 minute drive of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Pleasure Point, this Santa Cruz inn offers accommodations with charming décor and free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Kayaking, boating and fishing opportunities are available nearby.Equipped with a flat-screen cable TV, every room provides a sitting area and a private bathroom. Antique furnishings are featured throughout this quaint inn.Nestled by trees, this inn features a backyard garden for guests to enjoy. A terrace is also available in the backyard at Inn Harbor.Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History is a 5 minute drive away. Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is a 45 minute drive from Harbor Inn.
- Loved that it was next to the Harbor Cafe, an excellent location for breakfast.
- Good value lodging for the Santa Cruz area. Staff are very accommodating and the facility is very comfortable. Convenient location to the harbor. Nice landscaping and pretty gardens.
- It wasn’t in a area that was too hectic, but still close to downtown and everything else. The set up of the rooms were very nice. They made you feel very relaxed and cozy. Lots of windows! Loved it! Would come here again. ^_^
- Very cosy, big room with dining table and a sink, new bath tub.
- It was very quaint, quiet and a very comfortable room! Will be back.
Pacific Blue Inn
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Pacific Blue Inn offers accommodations in Santa Cruz, just 26 miles from Monterey.Every room has a flat-screen TV and DVD player. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.The hotel also provides free use of bicycles. San Jose is 27 miles from Pacific Blue Inn, and Carmel is 29 miles away. Mineta San Jose International Airport is 28 miles from the property.
- It’s perfect location to walk to either downtown or the beach. Bed was very comfortable and the two heaters in the room helped warm up the space given it was going down close to freezing the night I was there. Calvin was very nice and helpful. The breakfast is good, like an expanded continental breakfast, Coffee teas, juice, yogurt , fruits and two kinds of cereals
- Hotel manager was very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Great to talk with.
- Very accommodating and friendly staff. The decor is very thoughtful and comfortable. A few blocks from downtown stores and restaurants.
- The location, city center, pier and beach within walking distance. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Clean and fresh rooms.
- Anna is an awesome asset to your company! Showed us everything we needed to know when checking in, helped us with the rental bikes that are free! She is just an overall sweet person to talk with! 🙂
Top Hotels In Santa Cruz California Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Santa Cruz California to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Santa Cruz California but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Santa Cruz California. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!