10 Best Hotels To Stay In Sandgate Kent – Top Hotel Reviews
Sandgate Kent is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Sandgate Kent. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sandgate Kent. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sandgate Kent. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Sandgate Kent right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Sandgate Kent with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Sandgate Kent:
Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel
One of our top picks in Folkestone.This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. With free parking and air-conditioned rooms, this hotel is one mile from Folkestone Eurotunnel terminal and a 20-minute drive from Dover Port. Wi-Fi is free in the public areas.Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel is off exit 12, off highway M20 and is the closest hotel to Folkestone’s Eurotunnel terminal.The rooms have views of the surrounding countryside and are well-equipped with flat-screen TVs, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryers.The Great Room serves dinner and drinks. A breakfast is served in the morning and packed to-go breakfasts can be requested for early check-out.
- The convenience of being so close to the channel tunnel. Staff friendly and helpful.
- Lovely clean and comfortable hotel good breakfast and very close to the tunnel
- They allowed pets- so nice to see doggies when we arrived!
The room was clean and comfortable. There is plenty of parking. It is dog friendly and you can take your dog into the bar and have them with you at mealtimes.
Well placed for the Channel Tunnel.
- Knew what to expect as we had stayed in a holiday inn express in dublin and enjoyed. Had everything we needed for an overnight stop on our way to channel tunnel the next morning
The Carlton Hotel
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Carlton Hotel offers accommodations in Folkestone, just 15 miles from Canterbury. The hotel has a terrace and a private beach area, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a TV with satellite channels. Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Calais is 30 miles from The Carlton Hotel, and Boulogne-sur-Mer is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 40 miles from The Carlton Hotel.
- Breakfast very good full English, car park behind hotel, located near all amenities
- Bed was OK breakfast fine. Lounge and bar area was nice. Good for parking.
- Friendly and helpful staff. Lovely location. Would visit again but would like a larger room. Lovely and peaceful at night.
- Fabulous location. 10 mins from Eurotunnel. Beautiful out-to-sea views. Excellent Folkestone restaurants 2 mins walk away. Free parking in private car-park. Cheap as chips 2-night stay. What more could anyone want. Very pleased. Very Happy!!!!!
The breakfast was surprisingly good.
The location is ideal.
The staff are very friendly and accommodating
Best Western Plus Burlington Hotel
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Overlooking the Leas Promenade and English Channel, The Burlington Hotel is located a 10 minute walk from the centre of Folkestone. Set in leafy gardens, it features a traditional restaurant.Set in a grand Victorian building, the spacious rooms at The Burlington each have a private bathroom and tea and coffee facilities. All rooms have Freeview TV, hairdryer and free WiFi. Some deluxe and superior rooms enjoy sea views.The newly refurbished Bay Tree Grill Restaurant serves traditional British cuisine using the best locally and ethically sourced ingredients, including Saltmarsh Lamb and seafood. The brand new Bay Tree Cocktail Bar has a stylish and contemporary ambiance, serving a wide range of premium brand spirits, locally sourced ales and beers and a cocktail list perfected by our experienced team of mixologists. Burlington Hotel also offers room service and a spacious terrace.The Burlington Hotel is a 15-minute walk from Folkestone Harbour. The Channel Tunnel Terminal and the M20 are just 4 miles away and Dover Ferry Terminals are 10 miles away.
- The junior suite was beautifully furnished and benefited from sea views from both the lounge and bedroom also great bathroom with jacuzzi bath an good shower.
Good vegetarian breakfast option; on arrival offered an upgrade from small double room [ which wasn’t at all small] so treated ourselves after late arrival because the motorway was closed nearby.
Decaf filter coffee in the room plus other unexpected goodies.
Left my mobile ‘phone in dining room, retrieved by staff and kept safe until i collected it.
Parking limited but luckily there were a few spaces left , otherwise parking on road was convenient.
- Lovely accommodation. Nice breakfast. Good for dogs excellent area for dogs.
Lovely bedroom and bathroom.
Great location. Achitecturally interesting old building.
- A tremendous amount of very tasteful interior design work has very recently been completed. The bar menu and the breakfast menu were excellent. We will certainly aim to come here again. It is a good hotel and destination in its own right but also a good staging point to and from the continent. It has aspirations to reestablish its excellent haut cuisine reputation of previous years. It’s clearly a hotel on the way up.
The Grand Burstin Hotel
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, The Grand Burstin Hotel offers accommodations in Folkestone, just 15 miles from Canterbury. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a TV. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Calais is 30 miles from The Grand Burstin Hotel, and Boulogne-sur-Mer is 31 miles from the property. London Southend Airport is 40 miles away.
Always look forward to our next stay.
Comfortable, familiar surroundings
- stayed here several times now for 1 night to catch ferry to france and everything is what it says on the label. Will use again as very satisfied
- The sea view from the balcony was fantastic. The quality and quantity of food at breakfast and dinner were both superb.
- View from window was lovely. Could see the harbour and the boats. Lovely view of the sea too. Plenty of towels.
- Room was very cheap so didn’t expect much and got just about what I expected.
- Always look forward to our next stay.
View Hotel Folkestone
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Folkestone, 15 miles from Canterbury, View Hotel Folkestone features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel has a terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.The rooms come with a TV. Every room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Calais is 31 miles from View Hotel Folkestone, and Boulogne-sur-Mer is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 40 miles from the property.
- Excellent value for money. Great dinner and breakfast. Room spacious and spotlessly clean.
- The hotel was spacious lovely reception area, good size room with a comfortable bed, very clean, breakfast was excellent, extremely good value. Walking distance to the high street and a lovely walk along the beach edge.
- Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Room was lovely and clean with a great view of the sea. Huge, comfortable double bed which was great!
- Great value for money and good location. Well presented and very clean. Easy to walk to restaurants but very peaceful. Liked the sea view.
- The discreet attitude of the staff and the delightful cliff top location.
Hythe Imperial Hotel, Spa & Golf
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hythe Imperial Hotel, Spa & Golf offers accommodations in Hythe. The hotel has a spa center and hot tub, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Canterbury is 15 miles from Hythe Imperial Hotel, Spa & Golf, and Hastings is 27 miles away. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 39 miles from Hythe Imperial Hotel, Spa & Golf.
- The friendliness of all the staff I came into contact with. The room was lovely , light and airy, with views of the beautiful garden. The spa treatments were great and the spa staff very helpful and kind. The pool is a good temperature and very relaxing. The food was excellent throughout.
- Beautiful building and excellent parking also right on Sea front
The staff made the night very special for us, the food and venue lived up to our expectations which were high.
Loved the champagne bar.
- All of it. Just needed to get away as had a very stressful few months so was lovely to relax
- Very nice room lot’s of comfortable furniture.
The Royal Norfolk Hotel
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Situated in the picturesque seaside town of Sandgate, The Royal Norfolk Hotel is a minute’s walk from the pebble beach and a bar. It is directly behind Sandgate Castle, which is a favourite spot for local fishermen catching sea bass and mackerel.With a pool table, the bar serves a selection of real ales, cider, draft lagers, and house wines. Live music is featured in the bar.Free WiFi, a TV and tea/coffee making facilities are featured in all rooms at Royal Norfolk. Breakfast is available in the morning and there is a Continental option and cooked full English options.The neighbouring town of Folkestone can be reached in a 15-minute walk and features many shops, a cinema, and the Leas Cliffs. Port Lympne Wild Animal Park is a 15-minute drive, and the town of Dover is just 11 miles away.
- Ideally located for trips either into Folkestone or further down the coast. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the atmosphere in the bar was always great and the locals were also friendly with good tips for locations to visit. So all in all we would highly recommend this place for a base to stay at.
Friendly Staff: despite the fact that we arrived very late, we had a great welcome by the ladies
Traditional hotel with a English touch which makes a big difference to me.
Top cooked breakfast
- clean room easy parking with small fee very quite even though loud band playing in Bar
Staff cheerful and helpful,Cleanliness first rate,food very good,service good,
Next time I will ask for a room on the first floor although the room had a sea view there were 4 flight of stairs, they offer us another room
But I had settled in so I declined,
- Lovely friendly pub and restaurant with reasonable prices. We felt very welcome. Excellent place to stay for Dover Ferry. Would use again
Park Inn Hotel Folkestone
Located in Folkestone, 2.3 miles from Eurotunnel UK, Park Inn Hotel Folkestone features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi.A flat-screen TV is available.You can play pool and darts at the hotel. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 39 miles from the property.
- Excellent location, very friendly and accommodating. Ideal stop over for Chunnel
- Breakfast bag a nice little touch. Staff fantastically friendly.
- The staff are very friendly and helpful, the place is welcoming and the locals in the bar friendly! The landlord is a very friendly guy and they go out of their way to be helpful. The hotel itself does pub food which I didnt try but they have a good menu and it looks good value for money. There is a station, bus stop and taxi rank immediately across the road and it is very central to walk to many places
- Very clean & spacious hotel, great breakfast bags for free
- We had a three bed room for the night. We were warm and comfortable at a very reasonable price which was precisely what we wanted!
The Southcliff Hotel
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Overlooking the English Channel, The Southcliff Hotel is situated on The Leas Promenade and only a 1-minute walk from the Leas Cliff Hall venue. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Channel Tunnel Terminal and offers free high-speed Wi-Fi in all bedrooms and public areas, a stylish bar and wonderful views.The bedrooms each have tea/coffee facilities, a private bathroom with free toiletries, and a TV. Ironing facilities are available upon request. Some have sea views or private balconies.The Blue Martini Bar hosts frequent live music.Just 20 minutes’ drive from Dover Ferry and Cruise Terminals, Southcliff Hotel is a short walk from Folkestone’s sandy beach. Folkestone Harbour is a 10-minute walk, and Folkestone Central Railway Station is just half a mile away.
- The service was good and all the staff were friendly and worked hard. The breakfasts were well worth the money and were well presented.
- The view of the sea, the front of house staff were cheerful and it was fairly close to the Channel tunnel.
- Room faced seafront and had a balcony. Excellent location. Good for parking. Friendly staff. Nightclub downstairs.
- Location great. Seaview was great. Free tea and coffee great. Nice to see redecorating of rooms. The evening man on reception was very sweet and accommodating if our needs.
Great location, helpful staff.
Great value for money.
Stade Court Hotel
One of our top picks in Hythe.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Stade Court Hotel offers accommodations in Hythe. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a TV.You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.Canterbury is 15 miles from Stade Court Hotel, and Hastings is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 39 miles from the property.
- bar closed earlier than advertised.he just pulled the shutter down and left .
Beds very comfortable
Staff very friendly and obliging
Hotel reasonably priced and in lovely location
Good for short stay
- Reception service was always available and very helpful. Good position right on the seafront, great for a morning stroll.
- Very big room with separate toilet and a huge bathroom! Bed very comfortable. Room was clean. Breakfast was a good spread and all staff very friendly. Location right across from the beach and a short walk into town.
- Booking in was quick and easy, the room was quite large – we were in room 303, which faces away from the sea – with a fair sized bathroom too, not a poky little one which many room have. Very comfortable bed, tea and coffee as usual with complimentary bottled water too. Very quiet room. Bathroom was lovely, with windows, rather than being a little boxed off afterthought. Breakfast was really good, although I would have preferred to have a pot of tea at the table instead of requesting top ups, but that was a minor thing. The hotel decor is a bit dated but it is spotlessly clean, which is far more important than modern decor. I’d rather people didn’t stay here, however, so I know there’ll be room for me next time!
Top Hotels In Sandgate Kent Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Sandgate Kent to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Sandgate Kent but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Sandgate Kent. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!