10 Best Hotels To Stay In San Sebastián Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
San Sebastián Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in San Sebastián Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in San Sebastián Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in San Sebastián Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in San Sebastián Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in San Sebastián Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In San Sebastián Basque Country:
One Shot Tabakalera House
One of our top picks in San Sebastian.This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. One Shot Tabakalera House is located in San Sebastian, just half a mile from Victoria Eugenia Theater.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. Each room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9 miles from the property.
- Great boutique hotel just a short walk from the historic area. Right next to the Renfe station. Excellent value.
Very comfy bed/pillows and good shower.
Great coffee shop for breakfast on ground floor of same building although not part of the hotel itself.
Great to have a look around exhibitions in the other parts of the same building
Location good … short stroll into the old centre.
- Very nice modern hotel, adjacent to a contemporary arts centre, 15 mins walk to the centre, close to the river, very close to bus station (but the bus station is hidden underground, so you do not feel it at all).
- Nice design, very high to the ceiling. Good bed. Breakfast just around the corner in the museum building.
Amazing interior design, one of the best hotel designs we´ve seen.
The detailing and confort of the hotel is simply stunning.
Close to city center.
Very friendly staff.
Barceló Costa Vasca
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located 0.4 miles from La Concha Promenade in San Sebastian, Barceló Costa Vasca features free WiFi access and private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. All rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. San Sebastián Airport is 11 miles away.
- Modern comfortable hotel, excellent rooms and good value for money, not cheap, but worth the price.
- Front desk gentleman was extremely gracious and supportive. Great man.
- Extra comfy beds. Extremely clean. Beautiful restaurant. Great lounge drinks lobby. Great wifi. Pleasant staff.
- Location of the hotel to visit the city. Facilities available within the hotel.
- the room was very nice, the bed was big and comfy, I really liked that, and the stay in the room was excellent, I really enjoyed the ambiance and room setting, the room was big and modern, which I really enjoy.
Akelarre – Relais & Châteaux
Located in San Sebastian, 2.7 miles from La Concha Promenade, Akelarre features a terrace and spa center. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub. Extras include bathrobes and slippers.There is free shuttle service at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. San Sebastián Airport is 13 miles from the property.
- Phenomenal food at every meal whether Akelare, room service or Oteiza. Views are stunning, concierge services are personalized and thoughtful. Spa fabulous! Rooms are spacious and beautiful.
- To a person, the staff at the Akellare were incredibly professional, but also friendly and helpful and seemed to genuinely enjoy their work. One of the least pretentious and well run hotels that I’ve ever stayed in.
- Didn’t have a chance to try the Akelare Michelin star restaurant but judging from the food at the only other restaurant there it must be food. Food was amazing. Best cheesecake. Better than the fabled La Vina’s
- Akelarre attended to very need and made our time there very comfortable and welcoming.
- A truly personalised service delivering a unique resting and pampering experience
Lasala Plaza Hotel
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Set in San Sebastián, Lasala Plaza Hotel is 250 feet from Calle Mayor, within the Old Town, and also 1,650 feet away from Victoria Eugenia Theatre. The property is a 7-minute walk from Kursaal and a 2-minute walk from La Concha promenade. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property.The spacious and bright rooms feature modern décor. flat-screen TV, safe, minibar, air conditioning, and heating. The bathroom comes with free toiletries, radiant floor, bath or shower, and hairdryer.A buffet breakfast can be enjoyed at the property. Guests can also have lunch and dinner at Taberna La Jarana Restaurant that serves Basque cuisine.Speaking English, Spanish and French at the reception, staff are ready to help around the clock.Santa Clara Island is 0.6 miles from the hotel. San Sebastián Airport is 12.4 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Hotel Arrizul Congress
One of our top picks in San Sebastian.This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Located in the Gros neighborhood in San Sebastian, 1,000 feet from Victoria Eugenia Theater, Hotel Arrizul Congress features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property.The rooms have a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9 miles from the property.
Great staff, breakfast great selection – snacks and soft drinks available most of the day reception and mini bar again with soft drinks free.
Location perfect 10 min walk to old town 5 mins to beach ..
- The stuff was very kind, the room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The location was very good
- Super staff and location. Great breakfast. Super confirtavle rooms.
Easy check-in, and check-out, friendly and helpful staff, soda and water for free in the room`s fridge, and in the lobby
walking distance to all the beaches, and shopping, good and quiet location, if you travel from Bilbao to Donostia, it`s easy to get to the hotel from the bus terminal, about 7 minute walk (with luggage)
- Excellent staff, very comfortable beds & excellent value for money.
- Great staff, breakfast great selection – snacks and soft drinks available most of the day reception and mini bar again with soft drinks free.
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel SANSEbay is situated in San Sebastián, 650 feet from Calle Mayor and 1,650 feet from Old Town.All units at the hotel feature a bright décor and come with a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and a private bathroom with free toiletries and a bath or shower.
Guest can also find a coffee machine, while some have a terrace.The apartments in hotel SANSEbay feature a kitchenette with a dining area.Other shared facilities include a lounge and a bar, as well as free WiFi throughout the property.A gluten-free breakfast is available every morning at the property.La Concha promenade is an 11-minute walk from Hotel SANSEbay. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9.9 miles from the property.
- The location cannot be better, the staff is super helpful, attentive and nice
- Excellent location for foodies – amazing pinxtos 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Right on the bay with a great view of the town.
- The staff at SanseBay were amazingly friendly and helpful. They offered us personal recommendations of their favourite restaurants and bars which were all great. It was a fabulous location with a beautiful breakfast. The hotel room was stunning and boutique.
- Excellent location, very helpful staff. Huge apartment.
- Great little hotel. At the top end of old town at the foot of the Mount Urgull. Easy walk to the beach, on the doorstep of the pintxo bars and gift shops. Great location for a weekend visit to San Sebastián.
Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Overlooking La Concha Bay, this grand 19th-century building is set next to the beach, on San Sebastián’s seafront promenade. It has discounted access to La Perla Spa and air-conditioned rooms with a private balcony.Rooms at the Hotel Londres y de Inglaterra feature classic décor with features dating from the Belle Époque era. They come equipped with flat-screen satellite TV, Wi-Fi connection and a private bathroom.Offering sea views, the hotel’s Mari Galant Brasserie serves traditional Basque food. The English-style Swing Bar serves cocktails and has a seafront terrace.The staff at the Londres Hotel’s 24-hour front desk can help to arrange guided tours, live shows and restaurant reservations. You can also rent a car from the front desk and the hotel has private parking.San Sebastián is famous for its food and the hotel is surrounded by good tapas restaurants. The Kursaal Convention Centre is around a 15-minute walk away, and you can walk to the historic quarter in 5 minutes.
The view and atmosphere is great.
Concierge service was very helpful.
Staff was very friendly in general.
- The staff were very helpful. The restaurant was excellent as is the location. We suffered heavy rainfall whilst there but the hotel and the city facilities easily made up for the loss of the beach.
- The room was fabulous! The location was perfect-easy walk to everything
- Classic Old style hotel with beautifully decorated interior. Service was excellent. We sprang for an upgraded room with view of the bay — worth it. Rooms were small and a little cramped. Beds were adequate but nothing special. Shower pressure was mediocre.
- position atmosphere old world charm with modern facilities
- The view and atmosphere is great.
Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian is located in San Sebastian, just 350 feet from Victoria Eugenia Theater. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms feature views of the river or garden. Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. Extras include bathrobes and slippers.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 10 miles from the property.
- Bed is super comfy…the best alittle bit overpriced
- Amazing location and first class facilities. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Room was very comfortable and spacious with lots of storage.
- An exceptional experience. Great location. Great Staff, especially the concierge Stefania. A dream hotel in a dream city.
From the moment you drive up to the magnificent commanding building overlooking the river estuary you are in fabulous hands. The car swiftly taken by the valet and your bags are gone, enter the incredible foyer with high ceilings and wonderful art decor furniture and be greeted by Alejo the Front of House Manager.
Nothing is too much here, the service and attitude has been perfectly managed and this is a service Team at the top of their game, wether it’s a maid or a manager, waiter, valet or maintenance man every Team member is polite helpful and smiles.
No wonder, they work in the most fantastically appointed building I have ever been to, the bedrooms, the restaurants and bars are spotlessly clean, modern and appointed to 5 star rating.
I love this hotel, even stayed an extra night because we couldn’t bear to leave
Enjoy the experience
One of our top picks in San Sebastian.Okako Hotel is located in San Sebastian, just 1,450 feet from Victoria Eugenia Theater.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9 miles from the property.
- Coffee in am, walkability to old town, very helpful staff, lovely room
- Excellent Location. Owner very friendly and helpful. Would return again.
- Excellent location and spotlessly clean. Owners were very friendly and helpful.
This was the second time I stayed in Okako Hotel. We very much appreciate the tasteful deco, the cleanliness, the breakfast bar, the location and the friendly staff.
It s not a hotel with many facilities but its a great place to stay for discovering San Seb. Its located in Gros, which for me is much trendier than the classic old San Seb over the river and its right next to the surf beach for surfers.
- Staff is great and good cleanliness and comfortable beds
Hotel Leku Eder
One of our best sellers in San Sebastian! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Leku Eder offers accommodations in San Sebastian.Each room includes a TV. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.La Concha Promenade is 1.4 miles from Hotel Leku Eder, and Victoria Eugenia Theater is 1.8 miles away. San Sebastián Airport is 12 miles from the property.
- Staff very helpful and had the feel of a privately run business. The location allowed plenty of space and a very local convenient bus trip down to the crowed San Sebastian. Perfect location if you are car touring. Very good parking and regular short bus trip to San Sebastian, Good local maps at reception and they explained where every thing is. Staff spoke English. Even your car gets a view. Staff offered to store our bikes in a large locked garage.
- Loved the property. Great views, comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly and accommodating.
Arrival was perfect – inside 5 minutes we knew how to get around town, where to go the best places to eat and how to get back home again at the end of the night.
All information was correct and we had a brilliant night in San Sebastian.
- Very nice family run hotel. Perfect touristic introduction how to reach the town and what to see. Convenient bus stop in front of the hotel. Marvellous view of the sea from the room as well as from the breakfast room. Great breakfast.
- The staff we’re very friendly and helpful, especially Iñaki. The public bus stop is very near the hotel and the bus comes every 30 mins. It costs only €1.75 to the city centre. We had a beautiful view of the Bay of Biscay and the lighthouse above the rocky coastline.
Top Hotels In San Sebastián Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in San Sebastián Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in San Sebastián Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in San Sebastián Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!