10 Best Hotels To Stay In San Rafael Alajuela – Top Hotel Reviews
San Rafael Alajuela is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in San Rafael Alajuela. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in San Rafael Alajuela. You’re probably wondering where to stay in San Rafael Alajuela. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in San Rafael Alajuela right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in San Rafael Alajuela with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In San Rafael Alajuela:
Hotel Catarata Río Celeste
Hotel Catarata Río Celeste is located in El Achiote, 27 miles from Fortuna and 30 miles from Monte Verde. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or garden. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is room service at the property.The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 39 miles from Hotel Catarata Río Celeste.
- A beautiful property, great room, very spacious and nice tub, beautiful swimming pool, and loved the hammock at the front of the room.
Close to Tenorio National Park
Staff very friendly
- We did a tubing excursion and it was just us on the trip. A very authentic experience and fun. The hotel does it themselves and this was the saving grace of our experience staying here. Our guide was awesome and so good. You also get to see a ton of birds here, and it’s close to the waterfalls.
All good, food staff parking
Food staff parking price for your money
- They put out fruit near the restaurant and we were able to same an amazing variety of birds! The rooms were comfortable, and the grounds were absolutely lovely.
Celeste Mountain Lodge
Celeste Mountain Lodge is located in Bijagua, 30 miles from Fortuna and 28 miles from Liberia. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk and gift shop at the property.Pital is 29 miles from Celeste Mountain Lodge, and Santa Elena is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 36 miles from the property.
- Greeted like friends, very accommodating and helpful hosts. Beautiful views, excellent food, vegan friendly. Lovely 2K hike on property through the rainforest. Highly recommend!
- The best food we ate in all of Costa Rica – whatever you do make sure you eat here! An incredible hotel, the owner made you feel at home, the property itself is stunning, friendly staff, the attention to detail and beautiful grounds made this stay very special.
The attentitive owner makes the hotel
They also have a 2 km private trail that is amazing
- Beautiful location, beautiful grounds, views and very close to rio Celeste waterfall. Great food!
- Pancakes were not fluffy, coffee was over brewed. Meat at dinner was dried. Food presentation was excellent very appealing but the result not the best
Posada Rural Río Celeste
Located in El Achiote, 25 miles from Fortuna, Posada Rural Río Celeste features a restaurant and free WiFi. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monte Verde is 29 miles from Posada Rural Río Celeste, and Santa Elena is 28 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 42 miles away.
- Great breakfast, friendly staff, hot shower, good venue. Only 6 km from the entrance of the parc.
- The breakfast was wonderful. The family who runs it is so kind and welcoming. It was incredibly clean. I can’t say enough good things.
Me gusto el cordial service y la comida
Y sus instalaciones , un lugar muy tranquilo y agradable .
I like the costumer service , the food is
Good , place is peaceful .
- Muy bien situado para visitar Rio Celeste, se llega mejor desde ahí que de Bijagua. Sirven muy buen desayuno por 4 dolares
Excelente atencion! Me senti como en la casa de algun familiar.
El desayuno excelente sin duda.
Located in Naranjos Agrios, 23 miles from Fortuna, Mystica features a year-round outdoor pool and playground. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the river, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.There is a tour desk at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. The hotel also provides bike rental. Monte Verde is 21 miles from Lodging and retreats, and Liberia is 31 miles away. Liberia Airport is 38 miles from the property.
- Wonderful location with views of Arenal on a clear day. Restaurant was lovely with good choice of mostly Italian food including very nice vegetarian options. Room was comfortable and bathroom had warm water. My only minor point was that this was expensive relative to other properties of similar quality – but worth it for the view and restaurant for one night
- Friendly service, nice view from our room out onto the lake. Laid back atmosphere in a very quiet part of Arenal lake, not much going on. Great place if you’re looking for a retreat.
- Location was nice, great views, quiet and the yoga class was a big bonus. Beds were comfortable and clean quality linen. Had some amazing vegetarian food for dinner in the restaurant, very unexpected
- Unique and small hotel with very pleasant staff in a secluded spot with pleasant views over the lake. Refreshing and serene.
- Beautiful setting, peaceful, accommodating staff, good food
Lake Arenal Hotel and Microbrewery
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Lake Arenal Hotel and Microbrewery offers accommodations in Tilarán, just 22 miles from Fortuna. The hotel has an outdoor pool and hot tub, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Certain accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or lake. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.You will find business center, gift shop, and shops at the property.You can play tennis at the hotel. The hotel also provides car rental. Monte Verde is 18 miles from Lake Arenal Microbrewery, and Santa Elena is 17 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 40 miles from the property.
View from the restaurante, room size (very big), breakfast if delicious.
The microbrewery is a extra touch and the beer is very good.
- Friendliness of the staff and great local wildlife.
- Great place if you’ve got a car to drive into town. Beautiful views and big clean rooms.
- The view ofLakeArenal was beautiful and the grounds were very nice..sweet dogs live there.
- Our kids had a lot of fun at the skate park, on the tennis court and in the pool. We liked that even when we weren’t on an outing, they were outside having fun. Great activity recommendations. The family rooms were great for our family with four kids.
- View from the restaurante, room size (very big), breakfast if delicious.
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and views of the river, Agua Inn is located in Nuevo Arenal.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find concierge services at the property.Fortuna is 18 miles from Agua Inn, and Monte Verde is 18 miles away. Liberia Airport is 43 miles from the property.
- The bed sheets were a dream! The owners and the manager and all staff are just super delightful people! I cannot wait to go back!
- Listening to the stream in the quiet of the night ; having a lovely breakfast on a balcony overlooking it ; walking through the garden and dipping a toe in it .
- Incredible location! Overlooking river cascading on rocks. Beautiful grounds. Easy walk or quick taxi to town. Owner and staff very kind and extra helpful planning our trip. Typical: I went to get some coffee. The house keeper woman says no, no, and quickly makes a fresh brew pot.
- The property is beautiful and well maintained. The staff was very friendly, breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again. We wished we could have stayed longer.
- The room was clean and sufficient for our 4 night stay in the Lake Arenal area. It was so nice falling asleep to the sound of the rippling river nearby. The Agua had nice warm showers, a friendly staff and the most incredible little spot to eat breakfast! You can hear and see the river, and because it’s elevated, we saw tons of birds zipping around the treetops as we ate pancakes and fresh fruit. For the price, this is definitely a fantastic find!
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Establo Arenal offers accommodations in Nuevo Arenal, just 20 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or lake. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is concierge services, dry cleaning services, ticket service and a gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. Monte Verde is 20 miles from Establo Arenal, and Santa Elena is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- Food very cheap,local and good, staff very nice and welcoming , very well located
- Good place to visit Arenal and with a little earlier morning Monteverde as well.
- Nice restaurant with view of hummingbirds across the road. Pleasant verandah outside room
- This was a nice location, overlooking the volcano. We liked this room and the family-run staff is very friendly. The room and bathroom was clean and nicely decorated. The restaurant’s food was delicious. This location has a relaxed vibe to it that we really enjoyed.
- Great people operating a cute little hotel in their ranch.
Arenal Volcano Lake Hotel
One of our top picks in Nuevo Arenal.Arenal Volcano Lake Hotel is located in Nuevo Arenal, 13 miles from Fortuna and 14 miles from Monte Verde. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. The rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a gift shop at the property.Car rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for hiking. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 48 miles from Arenal Volcano Lake Hotel.
- I like the swimming pool a lot with the views and jacuzzy. Although jacuzzy it takes at least 2 hours to be hot
- The owner and his family were awesome, the service and the food was great! The bed was incredibly comfortable. Warm water for a shower would have been nice though. Excellent views.
- Extremely kind and helpful staff ( tour planning, bus and rental car reservations), spotlessly clean, restaurant with excellent food, lake view.
- The family that is running this place is the very best. They couldn’t have been any better.
- Owners are awesome kind and honest. Food is great.
Lost Iguana Resort and Spa
One of our top picks in Fortuna.Lost Iguana Resort and Spa features an outdoor pool, a gym and lush gardens with a maze. Each room has views of the Arenal Volcano, just a 25-minute drive away.Rooms at the Lost Iguana feature air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and a furnished balcony. All rooms have a safe, a coffee machine and a private bathroom with free toiletries.A free breakfast buffet is provided each morning, and the on-site restaurant serves international cuisine. A range of bars and restaurants can be found in La Fortuna town, a 20-minute drive away.The Lost Iguana Resort is within a 15-minute drive of thermal springs, zip lines and hanging bridges which allow you to explore the surrounding forest. Juan Santamaría Airport is a 3-hour drive away.
- Amazing view of the volcano from our patio. The staff was wonderful. We also liked that the restaurant was not open to the public so that is was quiet and not crowded. The complimentary breakfast was excellent.
The Room was good with a big Balcony and the View of the Volcano was outstanding.
We liked the quiet Location out in the Bush!
There are a lot of Birds around the Buildings, no Alarm Clock needed, the Birds take care of that!
- Best food! Fresh fruit at breakfast along with traditional Costa Rican dishes. Loved the room- outdoor shower was gorgeous. The grounds were beautiful and we loved the hiking tour. Literally in the middle of the rainforest. We will be back!!!
- The room is located on a huge property, full of vegetation and anywhere you look it is truly beautiful, plus we also had an amazing view on the volcano. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the breakfast is absolutely delicious, we didn’t get a chance to enjoy the swimming pools as we had loads of activities but they are really nice, and there is also a nice “happy hour” time at the bar every day. Moreover, the resort is just next to “Místico”, the place where you can enjoy hanging bridges and discover this amazing nature around. There are also many parking places available around the resort if you come by car. The room was really nice, spacious, with a large bathroom with a large shower.
- The view was excellent. Very quiet. Helpful staff.
Hotel Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa
One of our top picks in Fortuna.Featuring an on-site hot spring bath, a swimming pool, stunning Arenal Volcano views and free Wi-Fi throughout, the Hotel Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa is 10 minutes from the Arenal Lake.The suites feature rustic décor, a hot tub, air conditioning, flat-screen cable TV and a balcony with Arenal Volcano views. The bathrooms have a shower and free toiletries.Guests at Hotel Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa can enjoy international cuisine served at the 2 on-site restaurants. Room service and a bar are also available.Activities such as hiking to the Arenal Volcano, horseback riding and rafting at the Sarapiqui River can be arranged, and spa treatments are offered. The game room features a ping-pong and there is a business center and a gym, as well.This hotel is 7 miles from La Fortuna Town Centre and 2 hours and 30 minutes from the Juan Santamaría International Airport.
- Kioro was excellent, the on site hot springs are reason enough to stay here, we also visited Tabacon, and although Kioro’s springs are considerably smaller, but we preferred them. They were picturesque and perfect for a few friends to share a memorable moment. Then you also have such amazing views of the volcano! The staff was wonderful at the front desk! I interacted with a man and two younger woman, all of them were very kind and accommodating, I am so bummed I didn’t write their names down to give a proper shout out ( i was sure Id remember). If peace, relaxation and beauty is what you are looking for, nothing could beat kioro! Do yourself a favor and stay here!
- The rooms were as described and pictured on booking.com. We felt like living in the jungle but with our creature comforts. The jacuzzi was an extra plus but we loved the thermal pools even more. The hotel never felt crowded and we enjoyed eating at the pool area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We got to see the volcano although it was covered by clouds in the morning and evening. The hotel staff even changed our flat tire which we discovered on the day we left. They then told us where to go to have it fixed. We’ll definitely be back!
- The location of this property is absolutely breathtaking! The rooms were very large and clean and you can just lay in bed and stare at the volcano, which is so incredible. The food was average and a bit expensive at the resort, breakfast was the best for sure. We went into town and ate at local restaurants for dinner which was nice. The beds were comfortable.
- I loved everything about this place! The room, the staff, the grounds, the hot springs and the food.
- Hoy springs not working and they find excuse putting normal water
Top Hotels In San Rafael Alajuela Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in San Rafael Alajuela to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in San Rafael Alajuela but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in San Rafael Alajuela. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!