10 Best Hotels To Stay In San Marcos California – Top Hotel Reviews
San Marcos California is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in San Marcos California. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in San Marcos California. You’re probably wondering where to stay in San Marcos California. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in San Marcos California right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in San Marcos California with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In San Marcos California:
Lakehouse Hotel and Resort
Featuring a full-service marina on Lake San Marcos, this resort has 2 outdoor pools and a hot tub. Free Wi-Fi is included, and Legoland is 9 miles from the hotel.A flat-screen HD satellite TV is featured in all air-conditioned rooms at Lakehouse Hotel and Resort. Each room with a private bathroom includes tea and coffee-making facilities. A desk is also provided.The Grill is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Offering golf course views, a terrace with 3 fire pits and a full bar, the menu features upscale American cuisine.A 24-hour front desk is available at Lakehouse Hotel and Resort. Vending machines featuring snacks and beverages are conveniently on site. In-room spa services are also available.San Diego Zoo Safari Park is 15 miles from this resort. Leo Carrillo Ranch Park is an 8-minute drive from the property.
- Our stay was great. We loved the room and property. Staff was great and friendly.
- The lake and the pool. Wish the weather was better so we can enjoy the lake and the pool more… oh and there are fire places and u can make s’mores
- Decoy restaurant was great and food was delicious.
- Welcoming staff. Very clean and nicely decorated. property is well maintained and pretty. They offered a smores kit for the firepits that are on the property which was a nice touch
- Nice big room. Great Balcony. Lakeview superbe. Good burgers at par 3 golf course.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos
Showcasing an outdoor pool and hot tub, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos is located in San Marcos.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.San Diego is 30 miles from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott , and Temecula is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is San Diego International Airport, 28 miles from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos.
- Room was spacious. There was a heated pool, which my husband and daughter enjoyed immensely. The staff was courteous and friendly.
- Good, simple, breakfast selection. Interesting to meet Hubert, the robot who handles room service.
- Bed was comfortable, room was quiet and staff was welcoming.
- The staff was extremely friendly, the room was comfortable, the location was ideal with lots of food options nearby. I requested a tootbrush at the front desk, and in less than 5 minutes their ROBOT brought it to my room! I had a great experience and would definitely stay again.
- Staff friendly, breakfast buffet great, Parking easy, location perfect
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
The San Marcos Residence Inn features an outdoor swimming pool and a patio with fire pit and grill. The Pacific Ocean waterfront is just 13 miles from the hotel.All air-conditioned studios and suites feature spacious living and sleeping areas and full kitchens. Each unit comes with 32-inch flat-screen HDTV, free Wi-Fi and well-lit work desk with ergonomic chair.Guests can enjoy a game of pool or stay in shape at the hotel’s well-equipped gym. The outdoor hot tub provides an opportunity to completely relax.The Residence Inn San Diego North offers a daily breakfast buffet or a carry-out breakfast. Also featured is an evening social hour with refreshments. For guests’ convenience, the hotel offers a local restaurant dinner delivery.The Residence Inn San Diego North / San Marco is a 10 minute walk from the Palomar College Rail Trail Station. The Old California Restaurant Row is 1.5 miles away. Free on-site parking is available.
- The furniture was less than acceptable. It looked very worn and tattered. We did not sit on it because of the appearance.
- Clean room, good shower great brekfast and all round was the best place we stayed on our holidays
Our Room was very nice! Very clean! We had a king size bed witch was
very comfortable! Our room also has the cutest little kitchen!
Complimentary breakfast was also great! The person in charge of
breakfast stayed on top of it at all times… Before something would run
out,(eggs,oj, sausage, yogurt) he was already refilled it:)
- The sausage on Saturday was the best. The breakfast attendant is wonderful! Friendly, full of energy, and very helpful. Staff was friendly and helpful.
- The staff was excellent and very accommodating. We arrived early and had certain needs since we had children and they gave us everything we asked for! The room was very clean and could walk around barefoot without black dirt collecting at the bottom of my feet. There was also breakfast provided in the morning that was pretty good. This location is very close to shopping areas like Sprouts and Nordstrom is less than a mile away. It is also right off the highway which is great for traveling to different areas within San Diego. Very close to Legoland which was about an 11 min drive from this hotel. Plenty of parking that you don’t have to pay for. I believe I got the best value for my money. Thank you Residence Inn! We will definitely be back ?
Hampton Inn San Marcos
One of our best sellers in San Marcos! Located in San Marcos, 29 miles from San Diego, Hampton Inn San Marcos features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Temecula is 25 miles from Hampton Inn San Marcos, and La Jolla is 21 miles away. The nearest airport is San Diego International Airport, 28 miles from Hampton Inn San Marcos.
- Well kept hotel. Room was clean, bed clean and comfortable. Good breakfast buffet with a good variety of food. Bonus was having tea and coffee available 24 hours, plus the use of a computer in the lobby.
- The location of the hotel was very convenient. The staff was super friendly and professional. The room was comfortable and a great size. I especially appreciated the 24 hour coffee, hot chocolate and tea. I stay at this location when ever I visit San Marcos University.
- We liked that the hotel was close to the highway as we were traveling around the area daily. In fact, there wasn’t any noise inside the room. It was about 20 minutes drive to Legoland or beaches, which we found comfortable. Room was very clean and service great. Breakfast was great and changing hot offer every day.
- Daughter was in palomar hospital needed a place to stay nearby very easy check in clean and within ten minutes to the hospital
- Staff was good and responsive to needs and requests.
La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista
LEGOLAND California is a 15 minute drive from this Carlsbad area hotel. Free breakfast is available and rooms feature a flat-screen cable TV.Free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms at La Quinta Inn San Diego Vista. A sitting area, coffee machine, and ironing facilities are provided.Waffles are featured at the San Diego La Quinta Inn Vista’s free breakfast. Hot and cold cereal, bread and muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice are also available.An outdoor pool is included for guest use at this pet-friendly hotel. Newspapers are also provided.San Diego Zoo Safari Park is 16 miles from the hotel. Carlsbad State Beach is a 15 minute drive away.
- The great smile staff Nicole had she was so helpful!
- People very nice just toilet didn’t flush well and shower leaked
- Breakfast was great. Room was neat and clean. Don’t forget to upgrade to fridge and microwave.
- Friendly welcome after arriving late form long travels
- Emmy Neivera, Front Desk who moved me into another room immediately, helped moved my things when my room was infested with fleas. She addressed the challenging issue calmly, with a positive attitude, positive energy and kept apologizing for the inconvenience. I was not happy I walked into my room over to the desk, shortly after checking in and was attacked by fleas on my legs and ankles. Never have I experienced suck a discusting situation. It was horrible, for a lack of a better word. Each time I discribe the incident I begin to itch, it was tramtizing!
Hyatt Place San Diego-Vista/Carlsbad
Located in Vista, 30 miles from San Diego, Hyatt Place San Diego-Vista/Carlsbad features a year-round outdoor pool, barbecue and sun terrace. The hotel has a hot tub and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some units have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service at the property.Temecula is 25 miles from Hyatt Place San Diego-Vista/Carlsbad, and San Clemente is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Diego International Airport, 29 miles from the property.
- Free breakfast was nice. Quiet rooms. Fluffy pillows. And mini fridge was actually really cold.
- The property was very clean and spacious. The beds were extra comfy! And I love that that all of the rooms are energy efficient. Quincy and his co-worker ( blonde hair and looked like she was the supervisor) were super friendly and very accommodating.
- Everything was wonderful! Better than all the hotels (8) that I stayed in the past 18 days in CA .
- I’ve stayed multiple times. The hotel one of the best places I’ve stayed at.
- Everything was great here. Food was a cut above from most places.
Best Western Escondido Hotel
Featuring an outdoor swimming pool, this pet-friendly Escondido hotel is 10 miles from the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Free Wi-Fi and a free continental breakfast is provided daily.With a 42-inch flat-screen cable TV, each suite includes a microwave, compact fridge, a sitting area and a private bathroom at the Best Western Escondido Hotel. Free toiletries and coffee-making facilities are also provided.After a day of activity, guests can enjoy a hot tub. Fresh waffles, pastries and bagels are just some of the free breakfast items provided at Escondido Hotel Best Western. An electric car-charging station is available on site.SeaWorld is just a 35-minute drive away. San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum and California Center for the Arts are within 2 miles of Best Western Escondido Hotel.
- Big, comfortable room; centrally located; friendly staff; good breakfast; excellent laundry facilities; nice parking.
- I liked the reading lights on the headboards. I also liked that there were several chairs in the room.
- The staff was really nice and the room were very clean. Also the room had a nice view to the pool area and there was a lot of parking which was very nice.
- I liked the rooms they were very clean. I always check the mattress, sheets and pillows and they were clean the floor was also clean the bathrooms had a lot of towels and was also clean. I like that the rooms were spacious.
- Has everything you need. Great price too. Love the sitting area in the rooms. Breakfast area was nice looking out on pool
Motel 6 Vista
Located in Vista, 22 miles from Temecula, Motel 6 Vista features a year-round outdoor pool and barbecue.Each room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.San Clemente is 28 miles from Motel 6 Vista, and La Jolla is 23 miles from the property. San Diego International Airport is 31 miles away.
- hotel location right off freeway exit but not in my gps which took me pass it to the back residential area; room was bare bones but clean however too much noise from up stairs rooms . eating places convenient distance.
- The room and bathroom are very large, clean, and comfortable. We had a mini fridge and microwave in our room.
- Bed was comfortable, and lots of room but no shampoo.
- We liked that it was a pet friendly hotel with no additional charge.
- Room was immaculate, staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and my check in was speedy
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Escondido Downtown
One of our best sellers in Escondido! Located off of Interstate 15, this Escondido hotel features an outdoor pool and hot tub and serves a daily continental breakfast. All rooms include free Wi-Fi. San Diego Zoo Safari Park is a 15-minute drive away.A cable TV and a work desk are available in each traditionally decorated guest room at Howard Johnson Escondido. The air-conditioned rooms include tea and coffee-making facilities. Select rooms feature kitchenettes.A 24-hour front desk is available at Escondido Howard Johnson. Guests have access to the on-site business center with fax and photocopying services. Vending machines with drinks are available.With family-oriented amusements and rides, LEGOLAND California theme park is 20 miles away. Temecula Wine Tours are a 30-minute drive from this hotel.
- The rooms were in great shape. The bed was comfy and the breakfast was really good.
- Very good surprise. It was clean and in good condition. The breakfast was very decent for the overall price. I would stay again.
- The room was spacious and was very clean! The entire location was, plus breakfast set up was amazing
- They had a waffle maker which my husband and i really enjoyed, they had a variety of cereals and it was really clean which made us happy.
- The rooms were very nice and the staff were friendly and professional. We had an issue with a room and they switched us to a new room quickly.
Comfort Inn Escondido San Diego North County
Comfort Inn Escondido San Diego North County offers accommodations in Escondido. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee from your balcony or patio. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.San Diego is 28 miles from Comfort Inn Escondido, and Temecula is 26 miles away. San Diego International Airport is 27 miles from the property.
- Good price @79.00 until I tried to get a room for Saturday night and the owner said it was going to be 295.00 for 1 night, don’t think so, talk about price gouging
- I absolutely loved this hotel. Everything was great! I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.
- Accommodations were beautiful. The food was amazing.
- The bed was soft and comfy, breakfast was very good my family enjoyed our stay at the comfort inn we will definitely recommend this to friends and family.
- Location, pricing, staff, continuous coffee and breakfast selections.
Top Hotels In San Marcos California Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in San Marcos California to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in San Marcos California but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in San Marcos California. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!