10 Best Hotels To Stay In San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In San Juan De La Mata Castile And Leon:
Prada a Tope – Palacio de Canedo
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Prada a Tope – Palacio de Canedo offers accommodations in Canedo. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have bathrobes and free toiletries. Some units include a sitting area where you can relax. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find room service, gift shop, and shops at the property.Ponferrada is 9 miles from Prada Tope Palacio Canedo, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 6 miles away.
- Great character property with amazing traditional decor. Good food and a great breakfast. Exceptional red wines.
- The attention to details. The beauty of surroundings. The level of dedication of staff.
- I have stayed here many times because the hotel provides great boutique rooms, with slightly quirky decór but always comfortable.
- The attention to detail and high level of craftsmanship in every aspect of the accommodation by Mr. Prada was very high. His staff is well-trained and dedicated to providing a special experience for the guests. It was very interesting to see the various businesses on site: vineyard, winery, fruit/vegetable processing center, retail shop.
The view of the vineyard from the window after waking up.
The food was delicious.
La Moncloa de San Lazaro
Located in Cacabelos, 7 miles from Ponferrada, La Moncloa de San Lazaro features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Some rooms include a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have slippers and free toiletries. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is available.There is room service, a tour desk, luggage storage space and a gift shop at the property.Villafranca del Bierzo is 5 miles from La Moncloa de San Lazaro, and Las Médulas is 11 miles from the property.
- Beautiful building; good welcome; great regional food and wine; comfortable clean room; a ‘must stay’
- This place is beyond belief ………. shop, restaurant and rooms are just idyllic and should not be missed by any serious pilgrim. The bird song coming from feathered pilgrims in the courtyard trees makes the start of the day feel like Heaven. Log fire in the restaurant creates a super cosy atmosphere. HIGHLY recommended!!
- The hotel has a lot of character and charm and the restaurant serves good food. We enjoyed our one night stay a lot. The hotel is located on the road to Santiago de Compostela and in the Bierzo wine region.
- Lovely hotel, this is a special place. The room was great, very comfortable beds (extra wide twin beds). This was our second visit here, and it was just as good as we remembered. Very helpful staff.
- We loved the staff, had to make some changes to our itinerary and the lady at reception took care of everything. The room was huge, and very beautiful, they had a large Jacuzzi tub, which was excellent. The dinner meal was the best we’ve had on the Camino de Santiago. Would more than highly recommend to anyone, and especially those walking the Camino.
El Tiempo Recobrado
El Tiempo Recobrado is located in Villamartín de la Abadía, just 8 miles from Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.Manzaneda is 30 miles from El Tiempo Recobrado, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 4.3 miles from the property.
- The owners are very kind and nice. The food was very good. They are well informed about places to be visited. The hotel is quite and well located to visit Las Médulas, Valle del Silencio and other locations
- La amabilidad y profesionalidad de todos los integrantes del establecimiento. Excelente salón con biblioteca, lo cual es caro de ver.
- El buen gusto de los dueños y los detalles de aseo.
- ES un lugar con encanto. Los dueños hacen que el lugar sea más encantador.
- l’ambiance, le calme et la culture de l’hôtesse
Hotel Valle del Silencio
Hotel Valle del Silencio is located in San Esteban de Valdueza, just 2.9 miles from Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find ticket service at the property.Astorga is 27 miles from Hotel Valle del Silencio, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 13 miles from the property.
- Staff was eonderful. Bartender eas wonderful. Food was delicious!!
- Extremely nice staff. Quiet place.Very good breakfast.
- Very nice breakfast, staff is very friendly and helpful. Excellent restaurant as well. You are close to Ponferrada, and to many nice villages.
- El hotel está situado en un pueblecito acogedor y tranquilo. El personal tiene un trato muy cercano y amable. La cercanía con Ponferrada (10 minutos en coche) también es de agradecer por si se necesitara algo adicional. Desayuno delicioso para empezar el día bien 🙂
- El desayuno estaba excelente, y el trato de Maria fue inmejorable.
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Ancares offers accommodations in Balboa, just 20 miles from Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms include a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hotel and the area is popular for hiking. Manzaneda is 31 miles from Ancares, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 9 miles away.
- Delightful spot, easy to find. Comfortable room not very clean. Good evening meals apparently specially cooked for us. Breakfast average with dry toast and lukewarm coffee. Good place to chill out, we had a great walk on well signposted footpaths high above the hotel. Fantastic views. Very helpful staff.
- El entorno, la ubicación, el hotel (restaurante, servicios y personal) y la habitación en general ha sido estupendo e inolvidable.
- Ya conocíamos el Hotel de anteriores estancias. El emplazamiento y el área de Balboa y los Ancares Leoneses y Gallegos son un paraíso.
- El entorno es fantástico y el hotel muy tranquilo y confortable
- Landlig fint hotell med bra rom og fint utgangspunkt for turer i fjellet. Koselig med kuene som beitet på andre siden av bekken.
Hotel Molina Real
One of our top picks in Molinaseca.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a barbecue, Hotel Molina Real offers accommodation in Molinaseca.A flat-screen TV is offered in each room. The Double room Dissability Access is located in the ground floor.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Ponferrada is 3.7 miles from Hotel Molina Real, while Astorga is 24.2 miles away.
- No pool! Owner bent over backwards to be accommodating. Everyone in town seem to know him.
- The welcome we received was great. Staff very friendly, especially the owner who also owned the supermarket on the ground floor of the hotel. Beautiful village with lots of lovely restaurants nearby. We visited our local restaurant 50 m from the hotel run by the family of the hotel. They had an English menu and couldn’t have been more helpful. They even gave us drinks after our meal and a bottle of red wine to take home.
- Very comfortable beds! Great room, exceptional value. The owner was very helpful and friendly. Perfect location for us right on the Camino.
- What a gem of a hotel! We were welcomed with open arms! The rooms are spotlessly clean. There is a shop with all of the supplies you could ask for especially if you are walking. The staff recommended a restaurant when we arrived which is family run, it was super! Great food and service plus good value too. If you are looking for a relaxing quiet place to put your head after a long day of walking this is the hotel for you. We left a day early but it was in no way a reflection on the hotel as everything was superb.
Great mattress on the bed – I have a bad back – it was a quality mattress, not too firm, not too soft. It makes all the difference to me to have a comfortable nights sleep.
Bathroom lovely – big shower – all excellent.
Room was newly renovated, in the center of an old town center. Street parking nearby.
La Casa Grande Del Valle
Featuring free WiFi, La Casa Grande Del Valle offers accommodations in El Valle. The hotel has a seasonal outdoor pool and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Ponferrada is 14 miles from La Casa Grande Del Valle, and Astorga is 21 miles from the property.
- Charming rural house with friendly staff and great food.
- Beautiful hotel in a very quiet peaceful location. Excellent value food and drinks and very friendly. Lovely pool and a charming games room. Perfect place to switch off, cant wait to return.
- Delightfully secluded in a small village. Accommodation in a very sympathetically modernised farmhouse of a relatively well-to-do local farmer: the dining room had been the byre, with floors of large stome flags.
Portuguese croissants are different to French!
Host was very helpful.
room well equipped and about the only one we found with wifi in the room in all the B&B’s we stayed in.
Great trips around the countryside. Village undergoing thorough restoration
- A beautiful restoration project in a small rural village of very rustic buildings. Very characterful and comfortable rooms. Beautiful dining room for breakfast and a comfortable games room lounge. Swimming pool for warmer months. We “ambushed” the owner after booking 2 hours before arriving but were given a very warm welcome non the less. There are no shops/bars in the village but Bembibre is close enough by car.
One of our top picks in Villafranca del Bierzo.Located in Villafranca del Bierzo, 12 miles from Ponferrada, Plaza Mayor features air-conditioned rooms and private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The rooms include a private bathroom with a bathtub and bidet, with free toiletries and a hairdryer provided.You will find a shared lounge at the property.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. Manzaneda is 30 miles from Plaza Mayor, and Las Médulas is 11 miles away.
- Rooms are great, very friendly staff and a superb breakfast.
- Beautiful hotel. Fabulous location. Spotless rooms and very helpful staff.
- Great location by the square. Room was clean and well equipped. They did our laundry and delivered it to the room. Enjoyed the very full breakfast. Highly recommend ‘this hotel.
- Large room, great bathtub, comfortable bed and quiet even though right on the main square. Right beside restaurants and a very good hotel breakfast.
- Beautifully furnished, spotlessly clean and amazing location right on the square. Extremely helpful staff.
Hotel Celuisma Ponferrada
Hotel Celuisma Ponferrada is located in Ponferrada, 29 miles from Astorga and 11 miles from Villafranca del Bierzo. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. Some rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.
- The hotel is outside the town centre but an easy walk of about 30 minutes.
- Staff was helpful, although there seemed to be a problem with finding a non-smoking room. Wifi was good (for a hotel): 13.10 Mbit/s down, 10.33 Mbit/s up. Great room and bathroom.
- El hotel está muy bien. The hotel is very nice and modern.
- Good size clean rooms, good location, spacious building, all excellent
– staff was very friendly
– room was big and clean
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Casa Ana is located in Sésamo in the region of Castila y Leon, just 14 miles from Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hotel and the area is popular for hiking. Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles from Casa Ana, and Las Médulas is 20 miles away.
- Ana, the owner, completely defines the appeal of this charming rural hotel. She is warm and welcoming, and prepared a delicious diner and breakfast for us. Nothing was too much trouble. This was undoubtedly one of the best of the 10 hotels we stayed at during our motorcycle tour.
- Ana was an amazing host and made our stay fantastic!
- Ana and her family were kind and friendly from the off. English was minimal as is our Spanish, but it was great. 4 poster beds, whirlpool baths, balcony with stunning views, gorgeous food. We can’t praise Ana enough for this lovely stay and personally I plan to return.
- Helpful friendly hosts. Delicious home cooking. Peaceful beautiful surrounding.
- Lovely place in a beautiful, peaceful location – true Spain! Only a few minutes drive from larger villages with supermarkets and bars/restaurants. Our room was comfortable and spacious with a lovely view from the balcony. It was a shame we couldn’t stay longer!
Top Hotels In San Juan De La Mata Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in San Juan de la Mata Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!