10 Best Hotels To Stay In San Francisco San José – Top Hotel Reviews
San Francisco San José is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in San Francisco San José. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in San Francisco San José. You’re probably wondering where to stay in San Francisco San José. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in San Francisco San José right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in San Francisco San José with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In San Francisco San José:
Hotel El Sol
Hotel El Sol offers accommodations in Guadalupe.Each room includes a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. A flat-screen TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.San José is 1.4 miles from Hotel El Sol, and Alajuela is 12 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 5 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Hotel Del Rey
In the heart of San Jose, this beautiful hotel features a restaurant and a casino. The Hotel Del Rey also has free Wi-Fi and 3 on-site bars.Rooms here will provide you with a cable TV, air conditioning and a minibar. Featuring a shower, the private bathrooms also come with a bathtub.The hotel’s Restaurante del Mar serves international cuisine and is open 24 hours a day. Guests can also find other dining options in La Sabana neighborhood, just 3 miles away.Morazan Park is only 350 feet from the property, and the Plaza de la Cultura, where guests will find the Gold Museum and the National Theatre, is a 5-minute walk from Hotel Del Rey.Free private parking is available at the hotel. Juan Santamaria International Airport in neighboring Alajuela is a 25-minute drive away.
- Free breakfast and very good and cheap lunch. Great location in the center or the city.
- the staff was extra friendly the room was xxtra clean
- Love … The Del Rey is a beautiful, vibrant hotel. There’s always something to do 24/7.
- The night life. Women are gorgeous and friendly. Decent restaurants nearby.
- Nice staff, very helpfull with whatever problem you might face
Radisson Hotel San Jose – Costa Rica
One of our top picks in San José.Showcasing an outdoor pool, year-round outdoor pool and terrace, Radisson Hotel San Jose – Costa Rica is located in San José in the region of San José. Just 11 miles from Alajuela. There is a restaurant and guests can have fun at the casino. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith cable channels, as well as an iPod docking station are featured. Certain rooms have views of the pool or garden. Each room has a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Radisson San Jose – Costa Rica, and Heredia is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 4.3 miles from Radisson Hotel San Jose – Costa Rica.
- The room was exactly what we expected from a Radisson – very spacious and comfortable. It was a relaxing end to a very busy holiday and was fantastic value for money. The free breakfast was also very good.
- The location was good if you are trying to move around downtown San Jose. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was decent and coffee was OK.
- Good room, good breakfast, staff super professional.
- Very good breakfast buffet. Nice staff. Good location. Very comfortable beds.
- Great beds, breakfast snacks available at 5:30 AM (maybe even earlier), coffee machine on our floor (you could make cappuchino etc any time), quiet room.
Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas
Located in San José, 11 miles from Alajuela, Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. There is a casino on site and guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV with cable channels is available.There is free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk and a gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas, and Heredia is 5 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 5 miles away.
- I like the location and the staffs were very pleasant.
- This is a great value property if you are going to be staying in Downtown San Jose. North American visitors will feel very at home with this hotel. Comfy beds, good A/C and decent enough breakfast. Friendly staff go out of their way to help with any questions or requests. Close to shops and attractions and free secure parking.
- Very clean and comfortable. Very good value for money. Great breakfast.
- Great location, clean specious rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast. I already booked before our return flight nights in the same hotel.
- Clean, functional, great central location, good value.
One of our best sellers in San José! Hotel Aranjuez offers accommodations in San José. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or city. All rooms include a private bathroom.There is a gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 11 miles from Hotel Aranjuez, and Escazú is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 5 miles from Hotel Aranjuez.
- Staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. We were told on arrival that they have ‘the best breakfast in town’ and they certainly didn’t disappoint! The breakfast was amazing! There were lots of sweet and savory items on offer, along with the option of having an omelette cooked to order. The hotel itself is located in one of the nicer parts of San Jose and is within walking distance of all the main tourist attractions.
- Breakfast buffet is huge and delicious with local tican options as well as omelettes toast and pastries. The fruit table alone is worth it!
- The dining area is beautiful and the breakfast was excellent. The location is great, just out of the busy part of town but within easy walking distance of all the sites. The staff was friendly and helpful.
- The outdoor area was lovely, and the breakfast was delicious and filling. Also, the staff went above and beyond expectations when my partner and I couldn’t find the hotel. They came out into the street to meet us!
- Excellent location for walking to parks and museums, staff had excellent recommendations for restaurants nearby, sumptuous breakfasts; quaint hotel with reasonable prices.
Taormina Hotel and Casino
Taormina Hotel and Casino is located in San José, 11 miles from Alajuela and 5 miles from Escazú. There is a casino on site and guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant and bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Each room includes a private bathroom.You will find a gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Heredia is 5 miles from Taormina Hotel and Casino, and Santa Cruz is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 4.3 miles from Taormina Hotel and Casino.
- Clean, safe and close to many attractions and shopping.
- So I chose a room on the fourth floor to help with the noises of the city, good choice. Front desk staff is very helpful and they give you coupons for a free beer, discount on food and extra money at the casino. If you sit at the nice small bar in the front instead of the big bar in the back you will be much happier. We had a couple of pizzas to go back to our room and enjoyed a few beers. The breakfast was the best in our 15 days in Costa Rica, buffet style with pinto gallo, eggs, sausage, great fruits, cereals, and three juices, (passion fruit best) and plenty of hot coffee. Served in the restaurant, sidewalk café area it is a lovely start to the day.
- Very helpful staff when we arrived at night with last minute booking. Food in the restaurant nice.
- The breakfast was surprisingly more than I expected everything was delicious and the staff was very accommodating. I will be returning there in February can’t wait to go back
- It’s all good. Everyone is friendly, speaks good English, efficient and courteous. Whats better? Good company in the bar if you wait for it.
Holiday Inn San Jose Aurola
One of our top picks in San José.Set next to Morazán Park and 0.6 miles from the centre of San José, Holiday Inn San Jose Aurola offers views of the Central Valley. It features an indoor swimming pool, gym and free parking.Each air-conditioned room at the Holiday Inn San Jose Aurola has simple, modern décor with carpeted floors. All accommodation has cable TV, free Wi-Fi and a coffee maker.Guests can enjoy a selection of Costa Rican and international cuisine in the Tropicana buffet restaurant. The à la carte Mirador Restaurant is set on the 17th floor and offers views of San José.Costa Rica’s National Museum, the Museum of Gold and Children’s Museum are within 1,650 feet of the Aurola. Tobias Bolaños and Juan Santamaría Airports can be reached in 25 minutes by car.Please note the pool will be out of service from December 06th to December 15th, 2017.
- The part I love the most was the mountain view. Staff was very pleasant.
Great range of choices for breakfast.
The staff throughout the hotel were always very friendly and helpful.
We could order food in the bar and have it delivered to our room.
- close to town center within walking distance to three parks and restaurants there were also many casinos in the area and off premises eating establishments on site excursions to parks and beaches was a great benefit
- The room was clean and the place was very quiet, I will definitely come back.
- Bed was amazing and the room spacious, it needs a little renovation , the old school look is beautiful but its need some love in some areas, over all really good value for your money.
Hotel Don Carlos
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Hotel Don Carlos is located in San José, just 11 miles from Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a TV with cable channels. Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the garden or city. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Escazú is 5 miles from Hotel Don Carlos, and Heredia is 5 miles away. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 4.3 miles from the property.
- Very good location. Interesting building each room different
- A very cool hotel. Older, but very well kept. The restaurant offers a wonderful traditional breakfast buffet. The staff are friendly and helpful.
- Common grounds are full of artwork and charming. Staff at reception are friendly and helpful. Bed is comfortable. Room was clean. Overall good value for the price.
- This hotel has a lot of character and history based on the founder Don Carlos Bessler. There is a large collection of interesting artifacts of the history of Costa Rica to admire. The location makes it a short walk to the downtown core. Breakfast was your typical Tico fare but plentiful. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone heading to San Jose.
outstanding and uniquely charming
beautiful to say the least
Selina San José
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Selina San José offers accommodations in San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at this hostel, and bike rental is available. Alajuela is 11 miles from Selina San José, and Escazú is 5 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 5 miles from the property.
Room decoration and size.
Espresso machine and record player in the room.
Comfortable large bed.
I liked the decoration and the little corners you have to hangout.
The food was really good and it was quiet, music stoped very early.
- Very nice atmosphere. The space to hang out and meet people is great! You could even do some work there if needed to. The bed in the 4 people dorm was just fine – though it was one of the shaky beds, I had a great sleep. The area is 10 minute walk from the city center. There is a nice cafe close by too. The place offers nice breakfast and yoga classes in the morning (7 US dollars). I love that you can refill your bottle with fresh water there too 🙂
- Bed linen was very crisp and clean! Restaurant staff friendly and engaged with me and served tasty food. Juan, Events Coordinator was so kind and helpful, he went the extra distance when I asked for a special favour! Most staff pleasantly assisted me when I asked.
- Best breakfast of all hostels I’ve been to and probably better than most of the places in the city; Kitchen in general; Coworking place just across the street
- Room decoration and size.
Featuring free WiFi, Sportsmens Lodge offers accommodations in San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Superior rooms feature a spa tub or a hot tub.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can play pool at the hotel. Alajuela is 11 miles from Sportsmens Lodge, and Escazú is 5 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 5 miles away.
- Did not participate in Breakfast. Security was great, and the staff at the rest/bar are excellent.
- Well managed and friendly hotel. Relaxed atmosphere and no pushy selling. The room I had was showing its age but had everything I needed and was quiet. The hotel arranged a taxi pick up for $30 from the airport which worked well. Overall very pleased and would certainly come back.
- Great staff good location. Security there was Top Notch
- Best chicken soup in Costa Rica. All the girls and staff very friendly. Great beds, many amenities.
- I didn’t have the time or the confidence to walk around the neighborhood alone. Local people advice me not to do so in the area, I was told it wasn’t safe at certain hours so I took the advise.
Top Hotels In San Francisco San José Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in San Francisco San José to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in San Francisco San José but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in San Francisco San José. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!