10 Best Hotels To Stay In Sampford Courtenay Devon – Top Hotel Reviews
Sampford Courtenay Devon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Sampford Courtenay Devon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sampford Courtenay Devon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sampford Courtenay Devon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Sampford Courtenay Devon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Sampford Courtenay Devon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Sampford Courtenay Devon:
The White Hart Hotel Wetherspoon
One of our top picks in Okehampton.The White Hart Hotel provides accommodation in the centre of the west Devon town of Okehampton. A 3-minute drive from Okehampton Train Station, there’s a bar on the premises.All 23 rooms at The White Hart have unlimited free WiFi and digital temperature control. Each has a private bathroom or shower room, tea/coffee making facilities, plus a hairdryer, alarm clock and trouser press. Additional amenities include a flat-screen TV, desk and wardrobe.Okehampton sits in Devonshire on the northern edge of Dartmoor and has a variety of shops within 2 minutes’ walk of The White Hart Hotel. The town is less than 30 minutes’ drive from the city of Exeter and around 20 minutes from the Cornish border. Guests can enjoy activities such as cycling, walking and hiking in Dartmoor.
- Great location and services on offer. Staff friendly and helpful.
- Spacious room, comfortable bed, great shower, friendly staff.
- Everything. Room exceptional, very clean and comfortable. Location very good.
- The rooms were spacious, tidy and clean. Lovely modern bathroom with walk in shower. The hotel was of a much higher standard than I’d expected. Breakfast was delicious and excellent for the price.
- It was very central to shops, cafes and restaurants all of which were in walking distance.
The Oxenham Arms Hotel & Restaurant
The Oxenham Arms Hotel & Restaurant is located in South Zeal, 25 miles from Torquay and 27 miles from Plymouth. The hotel has a playground and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV and DVD player. Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the mountains or garden. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge and gift shop at the property.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. The hotel also provides free use of bicycles and car rental. Exeter is 17 miles from The Oxenham Arms Hotel & Restaurant, and Tavistock is 16 miles from the property. Exeter International Airport is 22 miles away.
- The history surrounding this hotel, and the fact that the rooms were in keeping with the history and all around the hotel there was information on each room. Breakfast was good. The staff very friendly. Also in the bedroom there was information in the folder on 4 walks – 2 which could be taken from the hotel so no need to driver. The directions were excellent and we did not get lost, the hotel was very central for the walks.
Everything was wonderful.
The food is excellent (first class). Best Sunday roast ever had. Steak delicious and cooked to perfection. Home made pies out of this world.
Staff are wonderful, welcoming and friendly.
Bar area is cozy with lovely open fire.
Bed and pillows were super comfy. Products in the room are really good too.
The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent as was the evening Bar meal.
The premises are steeped in history and it was great to see every fireplace in use. The bedroom was tastefully decorated including a bespoke handmade counterpain. The stone mullion windows were a joy to see.
very friendly staff. Wonderful history and Simon was happy to explain some of this in detail.
Also provided their own walking maps and explanations on local places to visit
- It is a beautiful old property that has been renovated to a very high standard
The Fountain Inn
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Fountain Inn offers accommodations in Okehampton. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the river or garden. Every room comes with a private bathroom. A TV is featured.You can play darts at this inn, and bike rental is available. The inn also provides car rental. Torquay is 28 miles from The Fountain Inn, and Plymouth is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 25 miles from the property.
- Room comfortable and food was good, particularly breakfast.
- Food was good value and nicely presented. Staff were friendly.
- Staff were so helpful – accommodating our request to keep our bikes in our rooms, and making us a packed lunch as we left before breakfast started.
There’s a very nice new patio and BBQ area to the rear of the Fountain Inn and stylish glass doors front and back to the courtyard leading into a traditional Inn.
The pub has very friendly, efficient staff and is well used by equally friendly locals, is dog friendly with a warm, cosy log fire.
The pub’s toilets have been refurbished well and our room was perfect for our short break staying with friends – also easily within reach of Dartmoor.
- Brilliant staff very accommodating with an exceptional food menu.
Duke of York
Located in Iddesleigh, 24 miles from Exeter, Duke of York features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Tavistock is 22 miles from Duke of York, and Barnstaple is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 29 miles from the property.
- Absolute amazing weekend away, amazing staff amazing location.
- friendly atmosphere, excellent food, superb beer straight from the barrel
- Lovely old village pub that also welcomed our dog. We had our evening meal which was freshly cooked and we both enjoyed. Hubby recommends the Steak and Kidney Pudding.
- The breakfast was wonderful all very fresh and tasty. The bed was very comfortable.
- Lovely unspoiled pub in a beautiful location with really friendly staff and locals. Comfortable and spacious room too.
Rams Head Inn
Rams Head Inn offers accommodations in Dolton. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Exeter is 25 miles from Rams Head Inn, and Tavistock is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 29 miles from Rams Head Inn.
- excellent selection of included items for breakfast plenty of coffee and juices offered had eaten the saturday at pu and this was very good and i was very impressed as Nico had only taken over that week .the young girls who were working that night did a fantastic job bearing in mind how busy they were. We would certainly come back again once we move to the area later this year
- Very welcoming and accommodating. Being a vegetarian they even cooked something extra to the menu for me as there was limited veggie options. Great walks from the pub!
- Me and my partner stopped here for one night and we could have easily stayed for a few more. The food is was outstanding, the room was immaculate and the staff were very attentive.
- Very dog friendly. Regulars were were welcoming. Good choice at the bar. Lovely room. Great breakfast with locally sourced ingredients.
- Really lovely rooms, excellent food and great service, would definitely recommend and visit again
Mill End Hotel
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Mill End Hotel offers accommodations in Chagford. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A flat-screen TV is featured.Torquay is 20 miles from Mill End Hotel, and Plymouth is 26 miles away. Exeter International Airport is 18 miles from the property.
- The atmosphere was marvelous, very cosy and homely feeling with the welcoming, comfy lounges and seating areas and lovely grounds (despite the rain!). The food was gorgeous and the best cheese board we’ve ever tried! Great location for walking.
- Very relaxed. Lots of space to be in the hotel besides the restaurant and your room.
Lovely property, good size bedrooms, very clean and bright, bed was comfy albeit a little small, staff really make this place, welcoming, friendly and very professional.
Dinner was good if not a little fussy, chef tries too hard, it’s not a criticism but you are on Dartmoor, simple local food is always better in my opinion than trying to compete with trendy restaurants.
I loved the calm, restful atmosphere here. I had booked a single room, but was upgraded – without asking for it, I hasten to add! – to a double because they had capacity. The room was beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. I also appreciated the complimentary home-baked cookies in the little Kilner jar on the tea-tray – a very nice touch. The room was lovely and quiet: the only noise I was aware of was the very pleasant sound of the river rushing past the mill.
And the breakfast was absolutely delicious!
- brilliant location, lovely walks near by, staff great
Devonshire Dumpling is located in Copplestone, 28 miles from Torquay and 13 miles from Exeter. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a kettle in the room. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV is featured.There is luggage storage space at the property.Tavistock is 25 miles from Devonshire Dumpling, and Exmouth is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 17 miles from the property.
- Staff very friendly, bed comfortable, very clean, great food, quiet location of room
- Friendly homely Pub with all the facilities we needed for an overnight stay.
- Warm welcome, good facilities and in an easy to find location right on the main road. The road wasn’t at all busy or noisy though.
- Very clean and impressive breakfast. Exactly what it says on the tin, a country pub accommodation.
- Great atmosphere and a friendly welcome. Five star food.
The Royal Oak
Located in Dolton, 25 miles from Exeter, The Royal Oak features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV.You can play ping-pong at the inn. Tavistock is 24 miles from The Royal Oak, and Barnstaple is 13 miles away. Exeter International Airport is 29 miles from the property.
Staff friendly and very helpful lovely little pub in small Devon village.
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. Both evening meals bought at restaurant were very nice. Bed very comfortable.
- The staff were very good .could not fault the room and the food was very good .I would certainly use again
Nice village country pub in Devon, away from the busy coast. Good quality cooking and choice of meals.
Quiet location; the bedroom window can be opened for fresh air.
- Comfortable bed & satisfactory accomodation. Food very good!
- Staff friendly and very helpful lovely little pub in small Devon village.
The New Inn
Located in Crediton, 25 miles from Torquay, The New Inn features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A flat-screen TV, as well as a CD player are featured. All rooms come with a private bathroom.Exeter is 11 miles from The New Inn, and Tavistock is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 15 miles from The New Inn.
The quaint huddle of thatched cottages and adjacent properties makes this location a peaceful retreat, yet its handiness to Crediton, a pleasant market town, makes it feel less secluded.
Beautiful setting. Chocolate box cover.
- Friendly, attentive staff. Big room with well-stocked tea/coffee tray. The restaurant food was very good without being pretentious.
- Food excellent both for Breakfast and for Evening Pub Food.
- wonderful comfy bed with lovely crisp linem. Very clean and fresh room. excellent bathroom. large good breakfast. friendly staff.
- Friendly, helpful staff. A large and comfortable room. A very fine breakfast with a great choice.
- The quaint huddle of thatched cottages and adjacent properties makes this location a peaceful retreat, yet its handiness to Crediton, a pleasant market town, makes it feel less secluded.
The Globe Inn
Surrounded by the stunning natural beauty of Dartmoor National Park, the Globe Inn is rich in original character and traditional charm, with open fires, home-cooked food, good wines and real ales.In the heart of the West Country, just a short walk from the very center of Chagford, the Globe Inn offers a real traditional country atmosphere. Step back in time into the old bar with its open fire, traditional glass screen and friendly locals. The restaurant and bars offer tasty home-cooked food and the menus change regularly to reflect the best seasonal produce available locally. There are daily specials, including fresh fish.There are 7 large rooms, all of which are tastefully furnished and decorated. Most of the rooms have recently been refurbished, including new private bathrooms. All rooms have TVs, towels, and complimentary toiletries. All but one room looks out over the beautiful surrounding countryside.There is ample public parking just 150 feet away.
- Very spacious bedroom and excellent food, friendly accommodating staff.
- Big room, great location. Fantastic cod and chips!
- Lovely staff, food and atmosphere. Room was immaculate and attractive. Great location. Good beer. Food service prompt.
- location great – atmosphere with locals in the bar lovely.
- Steak and ale pie with mash award winning! Staff all fantastic.
Top Hotels In Sampford Courtenay Devon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Sampford Courtenay Devon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Sampford Courtenay Devon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Sampford Courtenay Devon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!