10 Best Hotels To Stay In Sámara Guanacaste – Top Hotel Reviews
Sámara Guanacaste is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Sámara Guanacaste. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sámara Guanacaste. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sámara Guanacaste. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Sámara Guanacaste right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Sámara Guanacaste with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Sámara Guanacaste:
The Hideaway Hotel
One of our top picks in Sámara.This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, The Hideaway Hotel offers accommodations in Sámara, just 27 miles from Santa Teresa. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms include views of the pool or garden. The rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is concierge services at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. Nosara is 13 miles from The Hideaway Hotel, and Carrillo is 2.6 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 50 miles from the property.
- We really enjoyed our stay at the Hideaway. All of the staff were exceptionally attentive, very nice, friendly and fun. The owners were also great. They took the time to get to know us and made us feel welcome. Rooms and bathrooms are huge with walk-in shower. Comfortable bed and very clean. They serve a great breakfast, and even though they were all booked for dinner one evening, they squeezed us in poolside. It turned out to be the best meal we had in Samara. Dessert was Rosy’s homemade brownies topped with Doug’s homemade ice cream.
- A great hotel between samara and carillo (2 minutes by car). A beach (big samara beach) is at 3 minutes walk. The staff is great. The hotel is really nice also !
- Great hotel, great food and service. Rooms are large and very comfortable. Walking distance to the beach.
- Food excellent. Owners available and eager to help out with restaurant recommendations and reservations. Found their recommendations spot on in terms of quality. Staff were delightful and went above and beyond to accommodate requests. Hotel is just a 2 minute walk from the quiet end of Samara beach where we went each evening to watch the sunset. Did I mention the howler monkeys that hang out in the adjacent trees?
- We liked The responsive staff, exceedingly friendly and polite. (Maria) The owners, Doug and Rosie went out of their way to ensure our comfort, provided great suggestions and good local information. An excellent Location with a short walk to a breathtaking beach! We had dinner/drinks both nights at the hotel. Nice atmosphere dining poolside. Excellent Mojitos — fresh fish and shrimp were first class.
Lodge Las Ranas
One of our top picks in Sámara.This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Lodge Las Ranas offers accommodations in Sámara, just 29 miles from Santa Teresa. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the sea or mountains. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom.There is ticket service at the property.Nosara is 10 miles from Lodge Las Ranas, and Carrillo is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 49 miles from the property.
The breakfast was very good and the beds super comfortable.
The room was very clean with a nice balkony with a most adorable view, a fridge and a nice big bathroom. We had a room for 3 persons and the extra bed was big and comfortable as well. The service personal was VERY friendly. All in all this place is highly recommended.
- Extremely Great staff and beautiful lodge. Staff gave us names of good places to eat and organized nice activities with the companies working in Samara.
- Staff was fantastic and hooked us up with a rare off-season turtle egg laying visit and great horse ride to the beach. Also loved the howler monkey visits, breakfasts, and pool in between awesome nearby beaches.
- Super friendly staff, beautiful surroundings, tastefully decorated room, nice pool, tasty breakfast
- Very friendly host, good recommentations for tours! You can really relax there. You can use the pool everytime you want!
- The breakfast was very good and the beds super comfortable.
Las Perlitas Playa Samara
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and views of the pool, Las Perlitas Playa Samara is located in Sámara. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is a tour desk at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. Santa Teresa Beach is 30 miles from Las Perlitas Playa Samara, and Nosara is 10 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tamarindo Airport, 35 miles from Las Perlitas Playa Samara.
- Loved the location in a residential area adjoining a large field with horses and cows, within a close walk to the beach and town, the sound of howler monkeys in the distance. The hotel itself was small and intimate, Ellena the host very nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good, the rooms very private and comfortable, the location very quiet at the end of a dead end street. I loved this place.
- The breakfast was great, so yummy This place is so relaxed and quiete. Comfortable beds. The owners are so friendly. We were sorry we only booked one night before going back to San José.
- My wife and I loved this family run boutique hotel. It really felt like a home away from home. Both Eliane and Cedric were amazing hosts and breakfast every morning was wonderful. Also, walking distance to beautiful Playa Samara and restaurants and shops. We will definitely return here again.
- Great modern rooms, wonderful staff, beautiful common areas (sitting areas for each room and common use hammock, swing and sofa), breakfast included.
- Las Perlitas is an oasis that is a 10 minute walk from the center of Sámara. The rooms are new and clean with a European design. The beds are super comfortable, breakfast delicious, and the hosts were helpful in arranging transportation. It is inexpensive to take a taxi (about $2 US each way) in and out of town if you do not want to walk.
Hotel Sol Samara
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located 300 feet from Playa Samara Beach, Hotel Sol Samara features an outdoor swimming pool. Surrounded by gardens, it has suites with balconies and garden views.Each spacious, air-conditioned suite has bright décor. All suites have a sitting area with a sofa, cable TV and a minibar.Guests can enjoy a range of Costa Rican cuisine in Hotel Sol Samara’s restaurant. There is also a bar, where free Wi-Fi is available.The surrounding Playa Samara region is ideal for hiking, horseback riding and snorkeling, while Ostional National Park is less than 2.5 miles away. Daniel Oduber Airport is a 90-minute drive from the hotel.
- The staff was informative and helpful. Ynez, the cook, was quite gracious and accommodating. The room had everything we needed. AC, fans, hot shower, hair dryer, two beds, closets, tv, and a safe. At the end of the property is a small pool about 4 feet deep and nice large pool towels are provided. When we wanted to go exploring on the beach on the morning that we left, the owner/receptionist considerately kept an eye on our luggage for us. The property is beautiful and nestled into a community, so feels quite safe.
- I loved the breakfast. We stayed here because it is pet friendly. It was great for our little service dog.
- Friendly staff..great rooms..the dinners were exceptional
- We liked Playa Carillo which was a 5 min drive away.
- The property is beautiful, well constructed, the pool area is also nice. At night they turn on the lights with candles and colorful lights. The room was very spacious, the bathroom was clean and built very elegantly.
Samara Beach Hotel
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located in Sámara, 28 miles from Santa Teresa, Samara Beach Hotel features a year-round outdoor pool and views of the pool. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room includes a private bathroom.Bike rental and car rental are available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking.Nosara is 11 miles from Samara Beach Hotel, and Carrillo is 4.3 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 49 miles away.
- The pool was nice location was good but not on the beach
- the rooms are old and not well maintained. You get charged for the pets, even though they dont receive anything.
- The location is excellent. Beautiful pool and lovely gardens.
- Location, room size, pet friendly, helpfull staff, A/C not working but they fixed before evening, price.
You should ask a room not close to the street to avoid night noise.
The hotel give breakfast, the personnel is really awesome but the ingredients are cheap…
Locanda Samara Beach
One of our best sellers in Sámara! LOCANDA SAMARA BEACH is set in Sámara, 23 miles from Nicoya. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a shower.Nosara is 11.2 miles from LOCANDA SAMARA BEACH, while Carrillo is 4.3 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport, 49.1 miles from the property.
- ideally located on the beach and close to the village center.
- The ambiance of the bungalows was exceptional, especially for a romantic stay. Such close proximity to the beach is such a bonus, easy walk into town, food is generous and excellent….service is great.
- I thought I got a deal on this Hotel (fairly inexpensive) and didn’t expect much but from what I could tell, this was the best place to stay on the beach. The restaurant was delicious and staff was friendly.
- This hotel exceeded my expectations! It had wonderful character and charm with beautiful garden and pool area. Fantastic location on the beach with comfortable day beds on the beach. The free breakfast was delicious!
- Great staff, the hotel is literally on the beach and the let us stay on the beach until the time of check out.
Hotel El Pequeño Gecko Verde
One of our best sellers in Sámara! This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. El Pequeño Gecko Verde is a Boutique Hotel located 0.9 miles from Samara center. Nestled amidst lush tropical gardens, it offers private accommodation, scattered around a large lagoon colored pool with relaxing waterfall.Bungalows and rooms feature crisp white bed linens, rustic wood floors and furnishings and a splash of tropical color. Most bungalows offer a lounge area with French doors leading out onto a private patio complete with dining area and hammock, a fully equipped kitchen, satellite TV and a private outdoor stone shower.Guests at Pequeño Gecko Verde can enjoy daily breakfast service in the palm roof palapa. There is something for everybody with menu choices hosting a variety of delicious local and international flavors. A natural jungle path leads to a secret beach and stunning cliff overlooks with views of the Pacific. Friendly receptionists stay available to help organize your travel and activity plans.Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including horse riding, snorkeling and diving. Car and bike hire is also available.
Nosara is 10.6 miles from Hotel El Pequeño Gecko Verde, while Carrillo is 5.6 miles from the property.
- LOVE this hotel! It is exactly what you would imagine. Its tucked away in the jungle with monkeys overhead and occasional coati looking for handouts. (very gentle and cute but you should NOT feed them). You’re wrapped in jungle foliage with a relaxing pool to enjoy with small bar. The bathrooms are a bit different with the shower outside (covered and private) with the toilet room-European style in a separate room of its own. You’re away from the noisy party atmosphere of the town. There is no other hotel like this around-all others are crammed in one or two city blocks. There are lots of things to do in this town!
- Lovely little rooms opening onto beautiful gardens, amazing breakfast.
- Very helpful and friendly staff. Beautiful grounds full of wildlife. Quiet atmosphere. Very good breakfast. Lovely pool.
- Bed was a somewhat hard. Staff were lovely, but service at breakfast was pretty slow
- We loved the place. Lots of wildlife in the grounds, walks right on the doorstep, easy to get into Samara town and beach
Montelaguna Boutique Hotel
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Montelaguna Boutique Hotel offers accommodations in Sámara, just 26 miles from Santa Teresa. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or pool. The rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a tour desk, gift shop, and shops at the property.Nosara is 13 miles from Montelaguna Hotel, and Carrillo is 2.4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 50 miles from the property.
The buffet breakfast is adequate, but the restaurant provides a fine menu and excellent preparation at reasonable prices for lunch and dinner.
The clientele was largely European with a pleasant mix of families and couples, young and older.
A cool respite from in town.
- A Nice boutique hôtel, with clean room. We had the family room, it was large room. Safe parking place for the car, nice pool.
- Room was great. Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly
- Bed was quite comfortable and the seating around the pool was great to allow reading, lounging for those not interested in going to the beach.
Quiet and 300m from excellent very quiet beach.
Quality accommodation, friendly helpful staff and great food.
- The buffet breakfast is adequate, but the restaurant provides a fine menu and excellent preparation at reasonable prices for lunch and dinner.
Bahia BeachFront Hotel & Restaurant
Bahia BeachFront Hotel & Restaurant in Sámara features a private beach area and a bar. This hotel features free WiFi and on-site dining. The property features sea views and a sun terrace, depending on your booked room.At the hotel one unit is equipped with a balcony. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom, shower without hot water and fans.Guests at Bahia BeachFront Hotel & Restaurant can enjoy a vegetarian or a continental breakfast.Santa Teresa is 28 miles from the accommodation, while Nosara is 11.2 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport, 49.1 miles from the property.
- This hotel is literally on the beach. It is located on a quiet beach so you will feel in harmony with nature. You can relax for hours on the beach just listening to the waves. The hotel has sea view rooms which we were lucky to get. The owners are french and very welcoming. My friend and I had breakfast and lunch there, it was very fresh and delicious. In a short walk on the beach (3 mins) you can walk to the town of Samara where you will find additional restaurants and bars as well as surf lessons, yoga etc.
- Location was amazing. Right on the beach in the middle of the bay. Quiet location as away from the small town but a very short walk along the beach to nearest bars and into town.
- The location is perfect, the rooms and bathrooms are as advertised, and the owners speak French, English, and Spanish!
Location is undeniably great as tje hotel is right on the beach.
The apartments was large and very bright and balcony was lovely.
There are a few nice places locally to eat and shake a leg so we had fun.
- Very nice and peacefull near the ocean, perfect stay!
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Villas Kalimba offers accommodations in Sámara. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Santa Teresa Beach is 29 miles from Villas Kalimba, and Nosara is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 36 miles from Villas Kalimba.
- Diego made our stay fabulous and was always willing to give tips or draw a map for us 🙂
- Feels secluded but is at the center of everything. Loved the villas overall. Staff was friendly, amazing and helpful. It was relaxing to hear the waves crash, especially at night and the beach is beautiful!
- Traumhaftes kleine Villa mit toller privaten Terrasse. Poolanlage auf dem Gelände war wunderschön. Lage zum Strand und Stadt war perfekt (20m). Absolut ruhig und idyllisch. Man fühlt sich wie im Paradies. Absolut sicher bewacht und Personal ist sehr diskret und freundlich.
- Die Sauberkeit, Lage und das Personal war super. Die Anlage, sowie die Häuser sind gepflegt und in einem guten Zustand.
- Privacidad, lugar acogedor y pocas villas. Muy tranquilo
Top Hotels In Sámara Guanacaste Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Sámara Guanacaste to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Sámara Guanacaste but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Sámara Guanacaste. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!