10 Best Hotels To Stay In Sámano Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Sámano Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Sámano Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sámano Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sámano Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Sámano Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Sámano Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Sámano Cantabria:
Posada Casa Rosalia
Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Posada Casa Rosalia is located in Sámano in the region of Cantabria, just 17 miles from Bilbao. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. All rooms have a private bathroom. Superior rooms include a spa tub or a hot tub.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Santander is 29 miles from Posada Casa Rosalia, and Castro-Urdiales is 2.6 miles away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 17 miles from Posada Casa Rosalia.
Friendly staff and interesting old building. Beautiful rooms, super comfortable bed and a fantastic spa tub – perfect if you have been hiking.
There is a bus station and a bar close by, but no store or restaurant.
- Large top floor room, reminded me of Switzerland. Lovely owner. HOT water, plenty to fill the jacuzzi tub. Great option to treat yourself if you are walking the Camino.
- We loved our spacious, comfortable room and bathroom complete with bath.
- Very quaint country hotel with very friendly staff.
- The bathroom was good but needed a proper curtain at the window
- Friendly staff and interesting old building. Beautiful rooms, super comfortable bed and a fantastic spa tub – perfect if you have been hiking.
Sercotel Las Rocas
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Overlooking the beautiful Brazomar Beach, this distinctive hotel is located on Spain’s north coast between Santander and Bilbao.Set in the picturesque port of Castro Urdiales, the Sercotel Las Rocas provides ideal accommodations for those visiting the Green Coast. It blends a tranquil location and traditional service with modern technology for a comfortable stay. One of its most impressive features is the restaurant, where you can try the range of regional specialties including grilled fish.The hotel’s elegant guestrooms mix classic decor with contemporary facilities, such as music equipment and free Wi-Fi internet access. Some enjoy fantastic views over the Bay of Biscay.
- we have stayed at this hotel for many years now and found it excellent but this time it was even better the room was magnificent as we were on the top floor on arrival the reception wassuperb as we had had a poor journey from javea and the receptionist told us we could go strait to the bar and relax before we signed in superb
- Large clean room, quiet at night ! Staff very helpful.
- We have now returned to this several times after arriving in Santander by ferry. It has excellent large beds an beautiful rooms.
- Nice hotel, we enjoyed an upgraded room. Spacious comfortable with lovely sea views.
- The whole town was warm and welcoming and stunning in its location
Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro offers accommodations in Castro-Urdiales. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a tour desk at the property.Bilbao is 15 miles from Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro, and Isla is 21 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 16 miles from the property.
A very pleasant atmosphere. I had excellent therapeutic massage from Senor Manuel and chatted in English to D. Belen, the owner and a fellow English teacher. The room was warm and comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The surrounding area is residential and quiet – and totally safe to leave a packed car in.
I shall certainly stay there again when I am next flitting between Portugal and Scotland.
- Rooms in a house in a quiet neighbourhood. Castro is a lovely town to visit
- Nice location. Out of town but within sight of the town.
- Great value for money short walk ten minutes to beach x
- Quirky hotel. Friendly owner, although didn’t speak much English and details prior to booking stated staff spoke English, and French.
- A very pleasant atmosphere. I had excellent therapeutic massage from Senor Manuel and chatted in English to D. Belen, the owner and a fellow English teacher. The room was warm and comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The surrounding area is residential and quiet – and totally safe to leave a packed car in.
Hotel La Ronda
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel La Ronda offers accommodations in Castro-Urdiales. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room has a TV. The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.Bilbao is 17 miles from Hotel La Ronda, and Santander is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 17 miles from the property.
- Very close to centre. Easy to find from the Camino. Easy to start again. String shower.
- The funny toilet video I made of the auto spray bidet ! A classic Monty Python.
- Central location in Castro, very clean and new sanitary.
- Un poco escueto, ahora tampoco era caro y estaba bien ubicado
- Parfait pour un pèlerin. Hôtel sur le camino,accueil chaleureux ,proche des commerces et de la vieille ville. Bon rapport qualité prix.
Hotel El Haya
Hotel El Haya offers accommodations in Ontón. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bilbao is 12 miles from Hotel El Haya, and Castro-Urdiales is 4.2 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 13 miles away.
- Close to the ferry terminal – and, when time permits, to places to explore. A workaday hostal, posh it ain’t but we’ve stayed here many times over the years and have quite a strong sentimental attachment to it. Comfortable enough and the staff friendly and helpful. Lots of good memories.
- Great location and despite appearances is a good stop over.
Nice friendly accommodating staff
Very clean room
- Comfortable , clean and quiet. Well situated for an overnight stop when travelling.
- We’ve stayed several times in the past and it ticks all our boxes – very close to the ferry for the journey back to England and, when we have the time and the inclination, is a convenient place to stay while exploring the area. It’s not palatial by any stretch of the imagination but is clean and comfortable enough, the staff, usually very busy, are friendly and helpful enough, and the food in the restaurant is reasonable in price and quality.
Hotel Palacio Muñatones
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. Hotel Palacio Muñatones is located in Muskiz, 10 miles from Bilbao and 6 miles from Castro-Urdiales. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms include views of the river or garden. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bidet. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The area is popular for fishing and hiking. Isla is 25 miles from Hotel Palacio Muñatones, and Valle De Villaverde is 10 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 11 miles from the property.
- The whole hotel. The room was very comfy, the bar area was very relaxing and food served there was tasty, the breakfast area was clean and tidy, the continental breakfast laid on was very plentiful and hotel location good for day trips.
- Just charming, Doña Ana & husband are grand people.
As the building was a former palace, we definitely felt like royalty.
Beautiful stone building with tasteful additions.
Attention to every detail.
Doors from bedroom opening onto Juliette Balcony. View from both doors and windows across country side.
Exceptional bathroom, large marbel floored shower.
Comfortable sitting room adjacent to bar.
- Friendly and helpful staff. Good location for ferry, good bar
Hotel very quaint with exposed beams throughout. Room very comfortable, very clean and a comfortable bed. Bathroom was superb.
Limited menu in the bar but food was delicious. Local community seem to congregate there which made for a good atmosphere. Owner and family were very obliging. Breakfast was adequate. Distance from Bilbao ferry very good (15 mins).
Don’t be put off by the refinery opposite, it looks spectacular at night!
Hotel Muskiz is located in Muskiz, just 12 miles from Bilbao. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Superior rooms include a spa tub or a hot tub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 4.3 miles from Hotel Muskiz, and Isla is 23 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 12 miles away.
This is a fairly basic hotel with good parking and an easy trip to the ferry, the breakfast is limited but good value the only member of staff I saw was very friendly and helpful.
Apart from the nearby brothel there is little entertainment in the area other than a Spanish Bar which does have an excellent menu of the day from 8.30 pm.
The WiFi worked well.
- Excellent staff, our ferry was delayed but a quick e mail to the hotel and everything was fine to check in much later.. stayed here before nice and easy 1 stop off the ferry. Easy access to main roads would stay here again.. Fab G&Ts too
- We have stayed here 4 times now and are welcomed as old friends. It is ideal in its situation within 5 miles of the ferry port to Portsmouth.The continental breakfast did have very flaky croissants and was as one would expect. Great value.
- It was welcoming, clean, affordable and easy access to the ferry.
- Arrived at hotel at 11:00 (walking the camino) and owner made all efforts for early check in. Hotel is situated close to autopista so is good place for a stopover when driving. Clean.
- This is a fairly basic hotel with good parking and an easy trip to the ferry, the breakfast is limited but good value the only member of staff I saw was very friendly and helpful.
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Posada Calera offers accommodations in Valle De Villaverde, just 17 miles from Bilbao. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. Each room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.There is a tour desk at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 10 miles from Posada Calera, and Isla is 23 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 19 miles from the property.
- Very nice rooms, nice hosts, nice village pub and very nice environment.
- Convenient location on our cycle tour. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Dinner was good. Breakfast was basic; good coffee and orange juice but madeira cake and toasted bread but no fruit.
- Basic clean accommodation. Excellent value for money. Home cooked evening meal option.
- Staff were warm and welcoming. Accomodation was excellent and we had a lovely meal in the restuarant.
La habitación muy calentita, muy limpia tanto al llegar como cada dia al entrar y salir
La comida muy abundante y rica (comida casera tanto los platos principales como los postres), los precios muy buenos, mi hija comio de nuestra comida (ofreciendonos plato aparte) y no nos lo cobraron
Aparcamiento interior amplio. Bonitas vistas en alrededores
Volveremo sin duda
Hotel Las Ruedas
Showcasing a playground and terrace, Hotel Las Ruedas is located in Laredo, just 29 miles from Bilbao. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find room service at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. Santander is 18 miles from Hotel Las Ruedas, and Suances is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 17 miles from the property.
- Nice restaurant with great food very friendly staff.
- We had to eat in the bar and the food was excellent
- Too expensive for it’s quality. Friendly and hospitality staff.
- Dining room served excellent lunch; waiter pleasant. Bedroom cramped but clean. Bathroom services worked well. Easy access to room.
- Nice comfortable room,good location for our onward journey.
URH Palacio de Oriol
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Located in Santurce in the region of Pais Vasco, 6 miles from Bilbao, URH Palacio de Oriol features a playground and fitness center. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 10 miles from URH Palacio de Oriol, and Isla is 30 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 6 miles from the property.
- Only this property is very good in my entire booking with booking.com in all aspects.
The hotel was good, the surrounding area is very interesting.
Perfect for a business trip there, definitely Palacio de Oriol is a solid option for the next visit in Bilbao.
- Hotel is very handy for catching the ferry to UK, a simple 10 minute drive.
We liked the convenience of the hotel for Brittany Ferries .
We had an excellent dinner .
The hotel was welcoming and comfortable.
There was underground parking.
The roasted turbot was disappointing as the fish had a non crispy black skin and as such was
rather off putting. Some input from the chef would have helped as the fish itself was nice but could only be got at by painstaking surgical procedures.
The breakfast was very nice and very good value.
Top Hotels In Sámano Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Sámano Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Sámano Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Sámano Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!