10 Best Hotels To Stay In Salisbury Wiltshire – Top Hotel Reviews
Salisbury Wiltshire is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Salisbury Wiltshire. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Salisbury Wiltshire. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Salisbury Wiltshire. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Salisbury Wiltshire right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Salisbury Wiltshire with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Salisbury Wiltshire:
The Old Mill
Overlooking the River Naddar, The Old Mill offers magnificent views towards Salisbury Cathedral. Set in a 12th-century building, the hotel has free parking, free Wi-Fi and a traditional restaurant.The cozy bedrooms at The Old Mill and Restaurant each have a private bathroom and tea and coffee facilities. Rooms also offer a flat-screen satellite TV, hairdryer and work desk. Many rooms have scenic river views.The award-winning Old Mill Restaurant serves modern British cuisine and a world wine list. The restaurant has wonderful period features and the Mill Race runs right through it. The intimate bar offers real ales and a riverside garden terrace.With a peaceful setting just a 10 minute walk from central Salisbury, Old Mill Hotel is surrounded by beautiful countryside and the picturesque Salisbury Canals. The New Forest National Park is a 20-minute drive and Salisbury Train Station is just a mile away.
- The setting and surroundings of the Old Mill are wonderful.
- Nice place, only a short walk into town. No need to get into the busy traffic in Salisbury.
- Staff were v helpful, beer is excellent, location superb
- This is our second stay. Wonderful location. Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Very comfortable bed.
- The Old Mill is in a good location outside the city centre overlooking the Harham water meadows where sheep graze peacefully. The paved and lit Town Path leads across the meadows to the town.
The Stones Hotel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Stones Hotel offers accommodations in Salisbury, just 30 miles from Bath. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bournemouth is 28 miles from The Stones Hotel, and Southampton is 23 miles away. Southampton Airport is 22 miles from the property.
Staff very good
Nice evening meal
Staff were all great. Off street parking.
Very clean and comfortable rooms.
- Very good location, nice size bedrooms, very nice bathroom!!
- Bed comfortable, room pleasant,staff friendly, bathroom modern
- Great room, great staff, didn’t eat in the restaurant as partner was feeling unwell had a meal delivered via room service that was excellent
- Staff very good
The Cathedral Hotel
One of our best sellers in Salisbury! Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Cathedral Hotel offers accommodations in Salisbury. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room includes a TV. You will find a kettle in the room.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bournemouth is 24 miles from The Cathedral Hotel, and Southampton is 20 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 20 miles from the property.
- The location was excellent, however the room was dirt, the desk had dried coffee all over it, the room was extremely dusty. Its not recommended if you want to take your partner away, its more suited for young people that just want a night out in salisbury. Overall i was very disappointed.
- The hotel is renovating and the room they gave us was very unused. The was no lightbulb in the light and the bath was down the hall. Keys were needed to use the lift and the bathroom. People were nice but I would be vet stay here again
- The staff were friendly on arrival. Room was a good size and bed comfy.
- Second breakfast was nice and most of the junior staff were really helpful and friendly. The location in city was good
- Three of us ladies of a certain age had plenty of space in 1 room. Comfy beds, good selection of teas and lovely toiletries. Excellent breakfast and super friendly staff.
Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel
Located in the center of the city, this elegant, Georgian hotel with pillared entrance boasts modern rooms and private parking. Guests can find a restaurant, a lounge and a courtyard on site.The rooms at the Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel all have a private bathroom and tea/coffee-making facilities.The Squires Restaurant specializes in British cuisine and has an informal lounge serving snacks, light meals and cream tea throughout the day. The lounge also serves pre and after-dinner drinks.In the heart of Salisbury, the Mercure Salisbury is also just 20 minutes to Stonehenge and 10 minutes to Old Sarum. New Forest is a short drive away.
- It’s really clean. The bathroom was very good. But the location was a little bit far from the town.
- Lovely big bed and great breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful.
- Nice big bed, spacious room, good tv and wi-fi. The whole hotel has a nice ambience and is absolutely perfect for exploring the city on foot.
- Great location, friendly staff just a classic English hotel was very impressed how near it was to everything eg. Bars, Restaurants and shops.
- Room was very warm heating was on full. Unfortunately this was on the hottest day of the year
Chapter House is located in Salisbury, just 24 miles from Bournemouth. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms come with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.Southampton is 20 miles from Chapter House, and Winchester is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 20 miles from the property.
- We loved Chapter House which we renamed “Fun House” because of it’s age, the stairs and floors are seriously lopsided. So walking up those steep stairs at an angle was quite an experience. Inside the room, everything was top notch from the fabulous stand-alone tub in the beautiful bathroom to the very comfortable beds and bedding. The old, original wood beams gave it so much charm. Staff were friendly and very helpful but commented that they aren’t used to having families stay with them. We stayed in #15 at the top of the stairs and it was very quiet and the room (blue room) was exactly as pictured in the photos. Pride of ownership and renovation shows as everything was modern and perfect in the room. And we loved the location so near the Cathedral. Dinner was also fabulous; we’d like to thank our server Charlotte. And breakfasts were fantastic as well and included in our room rate.
- The character of the building remains even thought the rooms are of a modern standard and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food is also fantastic and cannot complain about the price for the quality of the meals.
The staff were great, friendly and helpful. The property was lovely and I loved the medieval features like a stair case that has no idea what a level is and all the period features. As for location your opposite the cathedral and no more than 5 minutes walk from the town centre.
All I will say is they team aren’t lying when they say they get busy so if you want to eat at the restaurant book a table early (we got a table but didn’t realise it would be as busy as it was) but other than that nothing but high praise for the chapter house and it’s staff.
- Well situated near the cathedral close gate and only 5 minutes walk into the city centre.Parking whilst not on site was very near and easy.Very helpful staff.
- Excellent evening meal, interesting menu, good quality ingredients, obviously experienced chef.
In the cathedral city of Salisbury, City Lodge is a 15th-century merchant house, which provides comfortable accommodations less than a 5 minute walk from the center of the city.City Lodge has a 24-hour front desk and rooms with a private bathroom. Eight of the rooms are on the ground floor, for those who may have trouble with stairs. City Lodge is completely non-smoking.All rooms feature a flat-screen TV with 33 free digital TV and radio channels and free Wi-Fi internet access. Private bathrooms have a bathtub and shower.Stonehenge is just a 20-minute drive and Old Sarum is only 2.5 miles away. New Forest National Park can be reached in 40 minutes by car.
- It was in a very good location. Iiked it all and the suite was fabulous.
- Very central location with easy flat walk to Salisbury Cathedral and the centre of Salisbury. Good eating places close by.
- ideal for the night club across the road and walking into town
- Hotel provided a comfortable room – exactly suited our requirements as a group of friends spending a weekend in Salisbury.
- The bed was comfy. It was a family suite for the two of us so nice amount of space. It had character. The staff were helpful. Overall, it was comfortable and fine for two nights.
The Kings Head Inn Wetherspoon
The Kings Head Inn Wetherspoon is located in Salisbury, 24 miles from Bournemouth and 21 miles from Southampton. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Winchester is 21 miles from The Kings Head Inn Wetherspoon, and Poole is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 20 miles from The Kings Head Inn Wetherspoon.
- We liked the outdoor drinking area next to the river. Room and beds were very comfy and the shower was the best we had had for quite a while.
- beautiful building in a great location. i was worried there might be noise from the pub but we did not here a thing . Great nights sleep in a great big comfy bed
- Accommodation is very acceptable for business trip at a reasonable price. Bedroom and bathroom are clean. Bed is comfortable. Food in the pub is average but reasonable value for money. There are plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from if looking for something other than what is offered.
- Nice room, great staff in reception. Good location.
- The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location was great, apart from no parking facilities, but we were prepared for this as had read the reviews on this.
The Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel
One of our top picks in Salisbury.The Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is located in Salisbury, 24 miles from Bournemouth and 20 miles from Southampton. The inn has a terrace and views of the river, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the garden or city. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Winchester is 21 miles from Legacy Rose & Crown, and Poole is 25 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bournemouth Airport, 19 miles from The Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel.
- Nice hotel, great room and very friendly hotel staff. Walking distance from town center.
- Spectacular location! Views over River Avon to Salisbury Cathedral with sheep grazing in the grassy fields in between. Short walk to the cathedral and old town center.
- Good location within walking distance of Salisbury
- really nice room on ground floor with view to river
- Friendly staff so clean and comfy xxx excellent would stay again the views were also excellent!!
Milford Hall Hotel & Spa
Located in Salisbury, 25 miles from Bournemouth, Milford Hall Hotel & Spa features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Southampton is 21 miles from Milford Hall Hotel & Spa, and Winchester is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 21 miles from Milford Hall Hotel & Spa.
- The staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was very tidy, clean and comfortable. Brilliant bar and very reasonably priced drinks! Would defiantly recommend!
- Clean and comfy room, friendly staff, tasty breakfast ! Great value for money 🙂
- This place is real gem! Excellent central location – short walk from train station, town and the Cathedral. Cannot rate the hotel highly enough. Large, super clean rooms, comfy beds, amazing shower. Breakfast was fantastic. Staff were friendly and helpful. Very pretty patio area for coffees / drinks. Would definitely stay again. Wish we had had time to visit the Spa. I’m sure it would have been as lovely as the hotel.
The chap that checked us in was very good.
The room was either v hot even with window open or if you had the air con unit on it was very very loud and kept me awake. Bathroom and furniture bit tired. Good bedding and pillows, very clean.
Room service food is from restaurant menu £7.50 for a fruit salad bit expensive !
- The location was handy for me and there was free parking.
Greyhound Inn Wilton
One of our best sellers in Salisbury! Located in Salisbury, 30 miles from Bath, Greyhound Inn Wilton features a terrace and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Bournemouth is 25 miles from Greyhound Inn Wilton, and Southampton is 23 miles from the property. Bournemouth Airport is 21 miles away.
- Comfortable, spacious recently-refurbished room with a fine en-suite bathroom. Delicious evening meal and breakfast. Very friendly, helpful staff. Convenient parking.
- Picked at random for a business overnight, the newly refurbished Greyhound is a delight. The owners are obviously trying extremely hard and it shows. Comfortable, high quality fittings, excellent food, friendly and attentive staff. Well done!
- I don’t think the photos did the rooms justice – it was very welcoming and high quality fittings etc. and friendly staff. we booked one of the smaller rooms and it was quietly located at the back of the property – Nadder – I recommend it.
- First of all the staff is amazing. Their warm and caring nature is outstanding. Furthermore the rooms are very cosy and furnished in modern country style. Don’t miss the dinner in the restaurant. My favorite was the steak.
- The service given by all staff at all times was very good. The room was clean and the facilities were good. The food for breakfast and in the restaurant were both excellent.
Top Hotels In Salisbury Wiltshire Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Salisbury Wiltshire to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Salisbury Wiltshire but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Salisbury Wiltshire. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!