10 Best Hotels To Stay In Saint Margaret Herefordshire – Top Hotel Reviews
Saint Margaret Herefordshire is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Saint Margaret Herefordshire. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saint Margaret Herefordshire. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saint Margaret Herefordshire. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Saint Margaret Herefordshire right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Saint Margaret Herefordshire with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Saint Margaret Herefordshire:
This 16th-century inn is in the beautiful Wye Valley, in the cider orchards between Hereford and Hay-on-Wye. It has free on-site parking, free Wi-Fi, a traditional bar and a modern restaurant.The Portway Inn is a traditional country inn. It is in quiet countryside off route A438, near Staunton-on-Wye and less than 10 miles from central Hereford.The inn has been carefully restored and has original wooden beams, quiet gardens and a real log fire.The large rooms have private bathrooms, TVs and tea/coffee. Some rooms have a traditional style and some are more modern.The Portway Inn offers a seasonal menu, featuring home-cooked dishes made with fresh, local produce. Food is available in the traditional, oak-beamed bar and the modern restaurant.
- Great staff and food very good. Comfortable room and good value.
- Lovely building, friendly, helpful staff. Very good food
- Staff excellent. Stayed overnight after day surgery. Both of us are also deaf. Staff very approachable & bent over backwards to make our stay relaxing.
- Nice place only stopped overnight heating was on on a warm day so a little bit too toasty for me but can’t blame them for that thanks
- Very friendly staff clean and tidy good food. Dog friendly
Llanwenarth Hotel & Riverside Restaurant
One of our best sellers in Crickhowell! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Llanwenarth Hotel & Riverside Restaurant offers accommodations in Crickhowell. The hotel has a terrace and views of the river, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a kettle in the room. A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find room service at the property.Cardiff is 25 miles from Llanwenarth Riverside, and Newport is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 32 miles from Llanwenarth Hotel & Riverside Restaurant.
- Food was excellent and staff friendly. My bed was a little uncomfortable due to springs but still enjoyed our brief stay.
- Staff were awesome, so helpful and kind. Beautiful views, just a really lovely stay. Thanks folks!
- The location,lovely views from room and restaurant,friendly helpful staff.
- Convenient location, in a lovely setting overlooking the river. Good value. Food was excellent.
- The location is absolutely fantastic as were the new owners. Loved being able to sit out on the bedrooms balcony with a glass of wine, watching the river and listening to the widlife. Will defiantly be back to see what the new owners do to the place.
The Three Cocks Coaching Inn
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Three Cocks Coaching Inn offers accommodations in Glasbury, just 21 miles from Hereford. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a private bathroom.Ross on Wye is 28 miles from Three Cocks Coaching Inn, and Brecon is 10 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 44 miles from The Three Cocks Coaching Inn.
- The rooms were spacious and the beds comfy but no views to speak of.
the bed was extra wide
the food was excellent except:- (see under)
- The owners are really friendly, which for a reluctant solo traveller was very appreciated. The rooms were clean, tidy and well stocked with all the basics – no TV but that’s made clear in the hotel information, and there is WiFi available. The breakfast was delicious, with plenty of options.
This Coaching Inn was superb. It had attentive, and very friendly, staff and host. The food was excellent and the ‘private’ residents only lounge was very cosy and relaxing; especially the open fire.
The rooms did not have a radio, clock or TV (although there is a TV in the aforementioned lounge); so if this is something you absolutely ‘must have’, then this is not the place for you.
The Inn is set in a lovely location with beautiful views, ideal if you are looking for walks and some peace and quite.
- Excellent service, excellent food although a little expensive but low cost of room made up for it.
The Manor Hotel
One of our top picks in Crickhowell.Get away from it all at this hotel high on the side of the Black Mountains, overlooking the Usk Valley and the surrounding hills.Good food, warm hospitality and excellent facilities await those looking for a welcoming place to escape to. Relax and unwind in a fully equipped gym and indoor pool, or dine in the restaurant which uses fresh ingredients from their own farm.Outdoors, make the most of this hotel’s location in the Brecon Beacons National Park, and go walking on one of the many public pathways. Visit the market towns of Crickhowell and Abergavenny or hike, climb or ride in the beautiful countryside. Take in the spectacular views both on your outings and while at the hotel.
- The bed was comfortable, views from the terrace were fantastic. Accommodation was clean and staff were really friendly. Breakfast was excellent.
- Staff were wonderful and so friendly. We were there to celebrate my brother’s wedding, the venue was very generously donated due to him being terminally ill. Can’t thank you all enough.
- Good views although positioned on the main road. Near to the lovely little town of Cricklehowell where we found some good pubs.
- Location was good for walking and visiting local attractions.
- We stayed on a Saturday night to take part in an event based at the hotel on Sunday. They had had a wedding on during the day so there was no space in the restaurant until after 8:30pm. The noise from the wedding guests continued into the evening and only stopped for a short while when we complained to reception. The room was small and was only equipped with a standard double bed. There was only 1 packet of buscuits (2Nr) between us for the tea/coffee making facility. There was no fridge and the television only worked on one channel. At breakfast which took a long while to serve the cleaners were hoovering the restaurant. All in all the worst value hotel my wife and I have stayed in in many a long while. Staff smoking under the hotel room window.
The Green Man Inn
Located in Fownhope, 24 miles from Cheltenham, The Green Man Inn features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property.Each room has a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Worcester is 21 miles from The Green Man Inn, and Gloucester is 19 miles from the property. Bristol Airport is 43 miles away.
- The room was lovely the food was fresh and the staff were so helpful
- Lovely old property, very tastefully modernised. Our room was very comfortable and spacious, with a very comfortable bed and great bathroom.
The rooms were lovely, very tastefully decorated and a good sized power shower.
The food was excellent and the service quick despite being busy.
- Great staff, excellent food, great location with walks to the river etc.
- very friendly staff, gorgeous room, fantastic evening meal – I really enjoyed my stay there
Three Horseshoes Inn
Featuring free WiFi, Three Horseshoes Inn offers accommodations in Thruxton, just 28 miles from Worcester. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a TV. You will find a kettle in the room.You can play darts at the inn. Gloucester is 25 miles from Three Horseshoes Inn, and Newport is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Bristol Airport, 43 miles from Three Horseshoes Inn.
- Really enjoyed our stay at The Three Horseshoes. The food was lovely, the beer was lovely and the room was comfortable. Just what you need. Would definitely stay again
- Value and was right next to the wedding venue. Food in restaurant was good and breakfast was good too. Great showers
- Nice, friendly atmosphere. Room and bathroom were very clean and breakfast was excellent.
- Friendly and clean. Staff were great. Breakfast was lovely.
- Superb and generous breakfast served by very welcoming chef.
The Kilpeck Inn
With a beautiful Romanesque church a short walk away, this charming country Inn is nestled in beautiful rural Herefordshire. It has free Wi-Fi, local ales and food made using local produce.All of the bright, airy rooms enjoy views of the surrounding farmland. Each also includes a flat-screen TV, DVD player and a luxury tiled bathroom with Arran toiletries.On the English/Welsh border, the Inn’s restaurant uses ingredients sourced from the local area. The menu includes natural farmhouse ice cream and Herefordshire beef, poultry and pork.The traditional bar retains the Inn’s 18th-century character. With an open fire, there are exposed wooden beams and a range of real ales.
- The beds were extra comfy, the rooms were beautifully decorated and clean. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Food and service fantastic. This was our second stay and would highly recommed the Kilpeck.
- We have been several times before and we always love going back to Kilpeck. Just a lovely atmosphere, like a proper local pub should have with a roaring fire, good beers and excellent food. The rooms are really comfortable, great beds and of course it is in a lovely country setting. I think on this occasion the food was the best that we had eaten there.
- Beautiful country inn , close to Hereford, set in stunning countryside
- The bed in the Monnow room was fantastic. So comfortable and had a solid night sleep.
- Really good shower. Beautiful location. Great food.
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel is located in Bredwardine, 22 miles from Ludlow and 11 miles from Hereford. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Great Malvern is 28 miles from The Red Lion Hotel, and Ross on Wye is 21 miles away. Bristol Airport is 50 miles from the property.
- Most comfortable mattress I’ve slept on – ensured I had a sound sleep! Lovely tailor made breakfast. Also, Loved the surge protector by my bed so much that I must get one at home! It was so convenient. Thanks for providing that master stroke.
- Breakfast was very good quality, location was peaceful, staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable.
- A friendly place in beautiful countryside, a great stop-over on the Wye Valley Way
- Very comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff, choice at breakfast was reasonable- if you prefer an English breakfast -a bit limited for continental breakfast. Evening meal was delicious- lots to choose from.
- Great location, beautifully clean and fresh. Great breakfast, cooked just right. Perfect for the Hay Festival and the surrounding area. Have already booked to stay there again during the festival next year.
The Park Hotel
Set at the foot of the Black Mountains, this beautiful 18th century country house is ideal base from which to enjoy the wonderful Offa’s Dyke Trail.Less than 6 miles from the historic town of Abergavenny, this privately-owned former gentleman’s residence sits within splendid unspoiled countryside. The area offers the opportunity to try a number of country pursuits, including pony trekking, country walks, fishing and golf.In the evenings you can relax with a drink in the hotel’s bar before sampling the English and international menu in the restaurant.
- Price, great shower, comfy bed, good food, pleasant owners, what more do you want?
- Jane and Alistair offer a warm and friendly welcome and were very professional. The Park Hotel is ideally situated 4 minutes from the Black Mountain Cycle Centre which made my weekend stress free and maximised m leisure time. Great food, good selection at the bar, comfortable and quiet rooms (with black-out shutters if required for a lie-in) and overall a wonderful stay.
- Breakfast was really good. Staff really helpful and kind. Advised where to go round about.
- Lovely people who run the hotel. Friendly warm welcome. Cosy warm room. Great views. Excellent food and drink. Will definitely go again.
- Made to feel very welcome as i was travelling on my own. All the staff were helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble. Very comfortable room and lovely and clean. Bed was comfortable and breakfast delicious
The Swan At Hay
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, The Swan At Hay offers accommodations in Hay-on-Wye, just 27 miles from Ludlow. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play darts at this hotel, and the area is popular for biking and hiking. The hotel also provides bike rental. Hereford is 18 miles from The Swan At Hay, and Ross on Wye is 26 miles from the property. Cardiff Airport is 48 miles away.
- Enjoyed my stay, but considered price was over the top
- Location, service, cleanliness. Room size and excellent service.
- Clean, comfortable room. Welcoming feel with attentive, yet unobtrusive service from staff.
- A nice selection at breakfast, and dinner was delicious. The staff were very attentive! Our room was a recently refurbished one by the look of it, and didn’t disappoint! Perfect micro break, on the outskirts of the Brecons, and great location for getting to the main points – we had our own car. Would stay again, definitely!
- Bed was comfy, food was lovely, all the staff were great
Top Hotels In Saint Margaret Herefordshire Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Saint Margaret Herefordshire to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Saint Margaret Herefordshire but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Saint Margaret Herefordshire. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!