10 Best Hotels To Stay In Saint Johns Chapel Durham – Top Hotel Reviews
Saint Johns Chapel Durham is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Saint Johns Chapel Durham. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saint Johns Chapel Durham. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saint Johns Chapel Durham. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Saint Johns Chapel Durham right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Saint Johns Chapel Durham with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Saint Johns Chapel Durham:
Old Coach House At The Golden Lion
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Old Coach House At The Golden Lion offers accommodations in Saint Johns Chapel, just 28 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Bike rental and car rental are available at this inn and the area is popular for skiing.You can play darts at the inn. Durham is 24 miles from Old Coach House At The Golden Lion, and Darlington is 29 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 28 miles from Old Coach House At The Golden Lion.
- Very friendly staff lovely room and very clean would def stay again
- Really friendly staff. Clean and tidy room. Good food and beer . Couldn’t believe how cheap it was. Will definitely go back again
- good location, good to be attached to the pub. Nice cotton sheets on the beds.
Lovely clean and warm cosy room comfortable bed enjoyed our stay.
The golden lion pub was very friendly we had a meal in the evening there it was lovely and good value for money. We just booked on the spur of the moment for new years Eve and we had a lovely day and night. The owner Tyrone was very helpful and friendly also his bar staff. Also a great breakfast on the morning .can’t beat the view’s from our room.
- A very warm welcome after a tough day cycling. Perfect for C2C cyclists. Really friendly host.
High Force Hotel
Located in Newbiggin, 26 miles from Durham, High Force Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Darlington is 27 miles from High Force Hotel, and Penrith is 23 miles away. Newcastle Airport is 32 miles from the property.
- Very comfortable bed & exceptionally clean room & bathroom
- A beautiful hotel set in an even better location, perfect for numerous walks and not a far drive to little towns/villages. High Force is a super short walk away and Low force not that much further, definitely suitable for all ages and dogs. Jan and Kevin were great hosts, the food was beautiful and there were absolutely no down sides to our visit (other than having to go home). 100% recommend this hotel!
- Amazing location. Spacious bathroom. Good food. Genial hosts.
- Very friendly staff, nice selection of beer and lovely food. Bed was large and comfy and the room was very spacious. Breakfast was excellent. Overall a great stay, will definitely go again.
- The bed was really comfy and the staff were super friendly.
Forresters Hotel, Bar & French Restaurant
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Forresters Hotel, Bar & French Restaurant offers accommodations in Middleton in Teesdale, just 30 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room has a TV. Some units have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Durham is 23 miles from Forresters Hotel, Bar & French Restaurant, and Darlington is 22 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 32 miles from the property.
- Excellent room for us & our dog. The weather was very wet whilst we were there; however we could manage to return to our room & get dried off in complete comfort.
- Great bathroom, very different at the top of a staircase in our room, just needs a door so that you can’t hear what’s going on when in use!
- The room was very luxurious the staff were also very helpful as well.
- Room 6. Nice big bathroom. Warm and comfortable on a cold night.
- Bathroom was large and had a decent size bath. Bed was comfy and a very good size. The price was excellent and location great.
The Miners Arms
Showcasing a playground and sun terrace, The Miners Arms is located in Nenthead, just 31 miles from Durham. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find slippers, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as skiing and biking. The inn also provides bike rental. Carlisle is 25 miles from The Miners Arms, and Penrith is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 30 miles from the property.
- Rooms were good, staff couldn’t do enough for us.
- Warm room, comfortable beds, hot shower, and a delicious breakfast. Everything you need after a hard day cycling or hiking the Pennines. We had a lovely stay.
- Friendly staff , comfortable room, and good beer and food.
- The room was very clean, comfortable and gorgeous! Spacious bathroom with a heated floor! Loved the soft, fluffy blankets!
- Very comfortable, well appointed room. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious. It was lovely to receive our welcoming chocolates and mulled wine. This is a great location for exploring the North Pennines.
Micro Barn Barnard Castle
Located in Mickleton in the region of Durham, 31 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne, Micro Barn Barnard Castle features a sun terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Durham is 22 miles from Micro Barn Barnard Castle, and Darlington is 21 miles away. Newcastle Airport is 32 miles from the property.
- Cosy apartment. Self contained so when we left early we didn’t feel like we’d be disturbing anyone. Couple of nice touches including bottled water and fresh milk in the fridge. Food in the pub was delicious.
- Everything, very nicely furnished and finished, small but everything clean and new,
- A lovely location and place to stay, the food was excellent and the staff looked after us so well, they couldn’t do enough for us.
- It was warm and cosy and had everything we needed. It might be a little on the small side to recommend to certain people
- gorgeous little microbarn with everything you need for a short stay. Fabulous food at The Crown and breakfast. Love everything about it.
The Moorcock Inn
Located in Eggleston, 29 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne, The Moorcock Inn features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is equipped with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom.Durham is 21 miles from The Moorcock Inn, and Darlington is 19 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 32 miles from The Moorcock Inn.
- Great location, good food, friendly and welcoming hosts.
- Friendly, helpful staff. Comfy bed, very clean room and ensuite. Beautiful scenery, great location. Amazing food at reasonable prices. Overall a good price to pay. Pet friendly.
- Great welcome from the staff and friendly locals. Newly decorated rooms with quality fixtures. Clean, comfortable and warm. Good food, reasonably priced but bring an appetite the portions are generous.
- We loved this place, from the friendly welcome when we walked in to the full up after scrummy breakfast feeling when leaving. The newly re-furbished room was warm, clean and comfortable with great views from our window. It’s situated in a lovely village ideal for walking and cycling, if you visit this area, do give this establishment a go – you will not be disappointed and you will be made most welcome by the exceptionally friendly local folk. Thank you for an enjoyable stay, we will definately return.
- Booked a late getaway for New Year and couldn’t fault anything the owners couldn’t do enough for us and locals made us welcome will b coming back in summer ?
Lord Crewe Arms Blanchland
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Lord Crewe Arms Blanchland offers accommodations in Blanchland. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find room service at the property.Newcastle upon Tyne is 20 miles from Lord Crewe Arms Blanchland, and Durham is 20 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 19 miles from Lord Crewe Arms Blanchland.
- Lovely room within hotel overlooking garden. Loved the tablet fudge!
- Wonderful ambience backed by really sympathetic and helpful staff and rounde by exceptional food at both dinner and breakfast
- The Lord Crewe Arms is located in a pretty village with stunning views and pleasant walks on the doorstep. We were over in The Angel across the road from the main building, lots of attention to detail and comfort a priority. Lovely food and service, majority of staff were pleasant and helpful.
- Gorgeous location. Amazing history to the building and Abbey next door.
- The village – like a film set – the unique Lord Crewe Arms – a time warp – the log fires everywhere
The Rose & Crown
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, The Rose & Crown offers pet-friendly accommodations in Romaldkirk. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is room service at the property.Newcastle upon Tyne is 31 miles from The Rose & Crown, and Durham is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 33 miles from the property.
- The bed was indeed comfortable. The most striking feature of the hotel was the quality of the staff.
Food was excellent, staff helpful and pleasant, very dog friendly. Room comfy, roaring fire in the bar and the village is beautiful. Nearby Barnard Castle and Bowes Museum well worth a visit.
High force waterfall is spectacular.
- It was all just perfect….beautiful, warm, comfy room and delicious food…the home made biscuits in the room were to die for!
This was a bit of a reunion for me. I have known the Rose and Crown since I was an infant in the 1950s. It is also where my wife and I started courting in 1970. The most wonderful factor is that this Inn has not been mucked about since those days, and minor changes have been ‘in period’.
Under no circumstances should the new owners (of 5 years now) even dream of tinkering. I will keep the fondest memories of my recent stay; dog friendly, great ambiance, room, food and beer!
- Hotel food is excellent and one of the reasons for choosing this hotel
The Angel Inn
One of our top picks in Alston.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Angel Inn offers accommodations in Alston, just 21 miles from Carlisle. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms have a private bathroom.You can play darts at the inn. Penrith is 16 miles from The Angel Inn, and Hexham is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 33 miles from the property.
- We got a great welcome and could not have been made to feel more at home.
- Friendly happy owner and staff. For the price excellent.
- Comfortable, warm, excellent breakfasts. Landlord & staff extremely friendly & welcoming. A well patronised pub produced a good atmosphere and overall my stay was most enjoyable. I would not hesitate to return.
- I thought the pub was nice and the meal we had on the Saturday night was great. Breakfast on Sunday morning was very good too. The staff including the owner were excellent and really helped us out especially with the early evening meal on the Saturday night. The room was quite basic but the bed was comfortable but overall for the price we paid it was good VFM. I think though if I was staying in Alston again I’d look for somewhere else to upgrade my stay. Would still consider eating and drinking here though.
- The staff is extremely friendly and the room itself was nice.
The Golden Lion Hotel, Allendale
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The Golden Lion Hotel, Allendale offers accommodations in Hexham, just 26 miles from Newcastle upon Tyne. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Durham is 28 miles from The Golden Lion Hotel, Allendale, and Carlisle is 27 miles from the property. Newcastle Airport is 24 miles away.
- Steaks were cooked to perfection and the cooked breakfast is to be highly recommended!
- I had a large, comfortable room overlooking Allendale market square. The room had recently been refurbished to a very high standard and contained a well equipped, modern en suite. The cooked breakfast was superb, and dinner in the hotel was delicious! In addition, the bar is a lively meeting place with a lot of atmosphere, and there is a great selection of food and drinks. Above all though, the owners and staff are so nice and make you feel very welcome. I hope to return to this hotel again…….soon! Thanks Louise and Richard!
The bed was really luxurious and the room was beautiful and comfortable!
The staff went all out at breakfast and gave us our own table with croissants all ready for us when we came down.
The en suite bathroom was clean and spacious! The staff were really helpful and friendly; we’d love to stay again!
- Fabulous room and beautifully presented with a high standard of cleanliness. Lovely old fashioned pub downstairs and good selection of meals.
- Lovely comfortable rooms, newly refurbished with very comfy bed and pillows. Nice pub to stay and eat in.
Top Hotels In Saint Johns Chapel Durham Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Saint Johns Chapel Durham to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Saint Johns Chapel Durham but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Saint Johns Chapel Durham. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!