10 Best Hotels To Stay In Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy – Top Hotel Reviews
Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Saint-germain-sur-ay Lower Normandy:
Hotel The Originals La Ferme des Mares (ex Relais du Silence)
Hotel The Originals La Ferme des Mares (ex Relais du Silence) is set in a large Normandy garden, a 5-minute drive from the coast. It offers modern-style guest rooms with a private bathroom, flat-screen TV and free WiFi.This former Norman Farm has a cozy lounge with an open fire. The restaurant serves traditional French cuisine and uses fresh local produce.Located next to the protected salt marshes behind Saint-Germain-sur-Aye, the Hotel The Originals La Ferme des Mares is well place for guests to enjoy hiking, horse riding and cycling in the Normandy countryside.
- I want to say this was an old country house. Herds of sheep on the nearby marsh. Quiet little village. I would say a romantic inn, but I was with my daughter, and thus… Quaint, clean, nice, quiet, beautiful. I think it was in the middle of nowhere. We got an apartment? Two bedrooms each with a huge bed. Tub and sink in another room, toilet wc in another room, and a hallway to connect it all. The spaciousness was nice, but the quaintness? was what made this fantastic. Being in the US, I probably won’t ever get to go back, but if I lived in Paris, I might make this an annual retreat with my wife. My 19 yo daughter loved the wildlife, and the livestock nearby. I didn’t visit the beach that was nearby. I stayed here after visiting the Normandy beaches and prior going to Mont Saint Michel. It was perfect.
- The owner gave us an excellent tip for a walk and a swim. The location was absolutely gorgeous. Roses. Quiet.
- This is a beautiful hotel in a lovely location. Perfect for a getaway to chill and relax. Location is rural so all you can do is relax and unwind.
- Really comfortable family room with two different bedrooms, big a clean bathroom unfortunately with the bath and no shower. Perfect for a family, well furnished and beautiful.
- The hotel has a nice restaurant. Good value for money.
Brit Hotel De La Côte Des Havres
The Brit Hotel is in Lessay, a small town in the center of the Cotentin Peninsula, Normandy on the north-western sea coast of France.This hotel was opened in June of 2008. All of the rooms are new and equipped with complete bathrooms, TV Canal+ and Canal satellite and free ADSL internet access.There is also a restaurant that features traditional and regional, seasonal cuisine.
- We took a family trip and booked three rooms based on the location and desciption on booking.com. It was as it was described … thank goodness! We arrived after-hours but the process for check-in and obtaining the keys to our rooms was clearly explained. The staff was extremely helpful and most pleasant and spoke English well. The property was clean and located in a small town but accessible by car to beautiful Nomandie. Breakfast was included and had everything we wanted. There was also a nice seating area outside to enjoy the beautiful weather during our stay. Rooms were well appointed, the beds were comfortable and we loved the electronic blackout shades!! We highly recommend this property.
- Good location, close to all the main Normandy / D-Day sites. Secure, gated outdoor parking right in front of the property. Good choice in the restaurant, at reasonable prices. Friendly staff, and quick, efficient check-in and check-out.
- qualité de l’accueil, absence de bruit, restaurant sur place tout à fait correct, propreté.
- On a passé une bonne nuit hôtel vraiment tranquille literie impeccable très propre
- Le calme, les volumes des espaces communs et des chambres
Provided with free Wi-Fi internet access, this hotel is located in La Haye Du Puits, 9.3 mi from the sea. Kayaking and canoeing can be done in Saint Sauveur Le Vicomte, which is 6.2 mi away.All of the guest rooms at the Le Commerce include a wardrobe, TV and private shower and sink. Shared toilets are available on the landing.A continental breakfast can be enjoyed every morning. Further restaurants and shops can be found in the surroundings;With free public parking nearby, the property is 3.1 mi from Mont Castre and 25 mi from Utah and Omaha Beach.
- Comfortable bed. Excellent restaurant serving good house red wine and delicious local cider. Service was good, too. La Haye is a very nice, well kept town.
Hotel has best restaurant in the town so a bonus (great steaks cooked on open fires)
Room prices are very good (although reflects what you get)
Nous n’avons pas pris le petit déjeuner pour convenances personnelles (horaires du weekend )
Nous avons apprécié le calme de l’emplacement et la proximité du parking!
- Le resto de très bonne qualité, le seule bémols les chambres mal insonorisées trop bruits la nuits
- l’accueil, le repas du soir au restaurant, le petit déjeuner, la facilité d’accès et une ville agréable à découvrir, une chambre simple mais très suffisante pour un court séjour
Aux 13 Arches
Aux XIII Arches is located in Portbail in the department of La Manche in lower-Normandy. It offers rooms, spacious apartments, free Wi-Fi and free parking.All of the rooms have a private bathroom and TV. The apartments at Aux XIII Arches are furnished and equipped with a kitchenette, a seating area and a balcony.Aux XIII Arches has a bar and a restaurant that serves local seafood specialties and traditional cuisine. Guests can dine on the terrace with its view of Portbail Harbour in summer or next to the fireplace during winter.Portbail is across from the Channel Islands and offers a number of activities including golf, horseback riding, fishing, kayaking and hiking.
- Very good value breakfast @ 9 euros.Location and friendly staff
- The location was great, very nice apartment and great breakfast.
- Our apartment was spacious and comfortable – we declined breakfast in the hotel as we were able to self cater. However, we did have supper our first night which was excellent.
- Room size. Room facilities. Spaciousness of the room. Good quality bed linen and towels.
- Apartma has electric blinds, you can close door and window
Located in La Haye-du-Puits, Le Colquin offers a bar, restaurant and terrace. The D-Day Landing Beaches are only 3.7 mi away and Cherbourg is only a 30-minute drive from the hotel.All rooms feature a balcony, a desk, wardrobe and tea and coffee making facilities, while one also has a kitchenette. They are complete with an private bathroom.A breakfast is available each morning at Le Colquin. Guests can also enjoy an evening meal in the restaurant, which features a fireplace.The sand dunes and marsh lands are just 5 mi away and Le Mont-Castre is 2.5 mi from the property. Additional features include free Wi-Fi access and free private parking on site.
- Authentic little hotel with great restaurant and fantastic small town
- Internet was reliable. Man helped me with my suitcase.
- It was authentic & atmospheric with excellent food making for a well run local establishment in a pleasant market town
- Very good price. Unpretentious with nice friendly staff.
- This property was exactly as expected. It is not a high quality place and the price reflects that. It was clean and comfortable and in the middle of town. The owner was welcoming and kind.
Hôtel La Marine
Hôtel de la Marine features views of Carteret Port and provides massage treatments. It is just 30 feet from pier and offers a panoramic terrace. Free Wifi is provided throughout.An LCD TV and a mini-bar are standard facilities in the rooms at Marine. Each is decorated in a bright, contemporary style and some offer a large, private balcony with sea views.A continental breakfast is offered every morning and on sunny days, guests can dine on the terrace. Featuring panoramic windows looking over the port, the restaurant and bar and serve seafood dishes.A private parking with five spots is also free on site. Guests can take ferries to Jersey and Guernsey from the port and Cherbourg is 25 mi away.
- Magnificent location. The staff were so attentive but never obtrusive. Wonderful restaurant. A truly beautiful experience.
- Location. Excellent restaurant. Fantastic chef. It was my daughters birthday and the staff made it a great celebration.
- Sitting on the balcony sipping champagne while the tide came in. Superb restaurant.
- Responsive, friendly, and professional staff. Great location, comfortable room. The Michelin-starred restaurant is very good and affordable, though the chef overused the foam in his dishes.
view from the room, friendly staff, atmosphere of the hotel.
May be some toast and scrambled eggs would make the alread perfect breakfast still more perfect! But, there was a great choice of fresh foods and a marvelous view from the breakfast lounge!
Le Clos Castel
Located in Raids, just a 20-minute drive from the D-Day landing beaches, Le Clos Castel offers a garden, communal TV lounge and a games room with a pool table. WiFi access and private parking are provided free of charge. Coutances is a 25-minute drive away.All rooms feature wooden flooring, a wardrobe and tea and coffee making facilities, while one has a balcony. They are complete with a private bathroom.A breakfast is provided each morning at Le Clos Castel. Guests can also sample traditional cuisine in an evening meal, prepared by the host when booked 24 hours before.Additional features include free indoor motorbike and bicycle parking on site. Periers is 5 mi away and Carentan is 8.7 mi from the property.
- Hazel and Stephen were great. They had suggestions for what to see in the area. Hazel even put together a breakfast to go when we had to leave extra early.
- My wife and I stayed a night in Périers to visit the WW2 memorials and museums and were recommended to stay here by family friends. The proprietors were very kind and helpful. They allowed us to check in early and shared information on the area. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. 10/10 would stay again!
The Clos Castel exceeded our expectations. Steve and Hazel are wonderful proprietors who made us feel like family in their home. They were friendly, accommodating, helpful, resourceful, willing to provide suggestions – couldn’t have been more appreciated.
The rooms are decorated beautifully and are spacious. The little extras (coffee and tea) in the room were fantastic! The linens were soft and plush – and all was extremely clean and cared for.
Following our visit to Clos Castel, we all decided that our next journey to Normandy would HAVE to include an extended stay – it was that good.
- Host friendly. Food and drink were excellent. Value was good, and if you’re driving in Normandy, it’s not too hard to get to D-Day attractions. Plus, the nearby villages are charming.
- The owners, Hazel and Steve made us feel more like family, than guests. Best night’s sleep I’ve had in months and the home cooked meals were a welcome and delicious alternative to restaurants.
Le Mascaret – Restaurant Hotel Spa
Le Mascaret is a luxury guest house offering a spa with a hammam. It is a 10-minute walk from the sandy beaches that overlook the Jersey and Chausey Islands.The rooms and apartments at Mascaret all feature a private patio with views of the garden or the village church. Each is individually decorated with bright, printed fabrics and has an LCD TV with a DVD player.The guest house offers breakfast by the original fireplace in the restaurant or on the terrace. Gastronomic cuisine is also served in the restaurant. There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Additional facilities include free Wi-Fi throughout the guest house and a laundry service. For guests with a car, private parking is free on site and Coutances is a 7.5 mi drive away.
- High quality gastronomic menus, peaceful location near family friendly beaches with water sports. Extremely clean and well appointed accommodation. Calm and private retreat with an emphasis on provenance of ingredients, use of home grown vegetables and fine cooking methods.
- Personnel gentil . Deco soignée; cela fait un peu magazine mais ça c’est une histoire de goût (moi j’ai aime) et il faut reconnaître ce bel effort. Petit déjeuner attentionné également.
Le petit déjeuner est copieux, varié et composé de mets faits maison ( confitures, salade de fruits).
Certains plats sont composés de produits simples et frais (maquereau, lieu…) mais travaillés de telle manière à devenir parfumés de saveurs délicates et uniques avec une présentation très soignée.
- animaux acceptés comme demandé, une pièce en plus si besoin à notre disposition, bonne literie
- Etablissement très bien situé, au calme, tout était parfait, petit déjeuner extra, massage super!
Hôtel De Paris
One of our top picks in Barneville-Carteret.Hotel de Paris is located in Barneville-Carteret, in the Basse-Normandie region. It offers a restaurant, bar and terrace and rooms with free Wi-Fi access.Rooms at the Hotel de Paris are equipped with a telephone, TV and private bathroom with bath or shower.Hotel de Paris’s restaurant serves traditional French cuisine. During nice weather, guests can dine on the terrace that overlooks the village market. Take-away breakfasts are also available.There are a number of activities in the area including hiking, horse riding and boating. Hotel de Paris provides free on-site parking.
- We have stayed at the Hotel de Paris several times over the last twenty years and have always been happy with everything at the hotel. This is the second time this year and the present patrons are extremely friendly, helpful people. The restaurant is great value for money and good food as is the breakfast (petit dejeuner).
Pleasant view from the window, comfortable bed and good bathroom.
Breakfast was good.
- The owners were very accommodating and excellent hosts. We had a great meal, in the evening, and the breakfast was excellent value. We asked if we could put something in their fridge and the ice blocks in the freezer which was done for us with great pleasure. We will certainly stay there again with the same patrons.
- Beautiful spotless rooms and great location ! Staff very helpful and friendly. After losing my engagement ring outside the first night I was so grateful to another guest who found and handed it in !
Great welcome. The lady at reception was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout our stay.
Room was very clean.
breakfast covered all the basics.
ibis budget Coutances
The ibis Budget Coutances is located a 5-minute drive from the train station and town center, where you can visit the 18th-Century Gothic cathedral. Agon-Coutainville Beah is a 15-minute drive away and Cherbourg, Mont Saint-Michel and the D-Day Landing Beaches are all over an hour’s drive from the property.Each air-conditioned room has a private bathroom, TV, free fiber optic WiFi and is serviced by a elevator. A buffet breakfast is served every morning in the dining room. A vending machine dispensing snacks and another one dispensing beverages are available in the lobby. A microwave is available for guests to use and is located opposite the elevator.Guests can relax on the outdoor terrace and the staff are available to assist 24 hours a day. Free private parking is provided.
- Great location for Normandy beaches etc. lift and aircon. Shops nearby, you need a car.
- Like all Ibis hotels, this one was clean,, modern, and comfortable. The Wi-Fi was unavailable because the Internet service provider was down throughout the local area;; not the fault of the hotel. The staff were friendly, welcoming, and ready for my bicycle when I arrived.
- Customary cheap hotel that provide the basic needs, ideal for when spending very limited time at the hotel. Room small but very clean and comfortable. Good for the price charged. Overall the hotel appears good and is clean. Ideal for getting on the roads and motorways, in quiet area.
- Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, good price.
- A good hotel for this money. Friendly staff. Purely, there are all what you need to stop on a trip for one night. Own parking.
Top Hotels In Saint-germain-sur-ay Lower Normandy Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Saint-Germain-sur-Ay Lower Normandy. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!