10 Best Hotels To Stay In Sabanilla Cartago – Top Hotel Reviews
Sabanilla Cartago is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Sabanilla Cartago. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sabanilla Cartago. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sabanilla Cartago. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Sabanilla Cartago right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Sabanilla Cartago with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Sabanilla Cartago:
One of our best sellers in Cartago! Grandpas Hotel is located in Cartago, 14 miles from San José and 25 miles from Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV. Some units have a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or garden. The rooms come with a private bathroom.Escazú is 18 miles from Grandpas Hotel, and Heredia is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 19 miles from the property.
- Nice and clean lodges/cottages. The staff was very kind, especially Gustavo helped us a lot. We did not have a problem with cold, because there are simple heater/ventilators in the lodges. The lodges are near the big city Cartago on the way to the volcano Irazu. = Another nice place in Costa Rica.
- We got lots of very useful information for our onward journey from the young receptionist who went out of his way to suggest alternative routes to us since we had to amend our plans due to heavy rain. We can only recommend this place. It’s also close to the volcano. ..
Friendly front desk and wait staff. Nice linens on comfortable beds. Lovely well groomed gardens.
Lovely family back story. An easy drive from San Jose airport, and a great starting point for a day exploring the volcano and the surrounding area.
- Breakfast staff were polite and the breakfast was good. Location for visiting Irazu was also good.
- Beautiful property and location. The view was just lovely and the cabins were good-sized and so charming. Breakfast was included and delicious! One of the best we’d had in Costa Rica. We were pleasantly surprised to find excellent WiFi, as the property description had stated there was none.
Hotel Las Brumas
Hotel Las Brumas is located in Cartago, just 13 miles from San José. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 23 miles from Hotel Las Brumas, and Escazú is 16 miles from the property. Tobías Bolaños International Airport is 17 miles away.
- The large, comfortable beds, the large walk-in shower, the good breakfast and the helpful staff.
- Nice staff, very helpful, very clean, they offered us upgrade for same money
- Receptionist(s) were really helpful and very nice. I had a super nice talk with one of them! Food in the restaurant is nicley prepared and very delicous.
- The bed was a little hard. But it was clean and the people were helpful and friendly
- We have the choice between different plates for the breakfast
Hotel Casa Aura
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Hotel Casa Aura offers accommodations in Cartago, just 12 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides free use of bicycles. Alajuela is 23 miles from Hotel Casa Aura, and Escazú is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 16 miles from the property.
- The staff was great. It was also very clean and safe. I also enjoyed my breakfast.
- well located, very close to the center, the market and the bus terminal / train station
- The Staff at the hotel were amazing from the moment I arrived! They helped me with everything and were incredibly nice. The hotel was very clean and incredibly well located.
- It was located centrally in Cartaga so I could walk to stores, shops etc…
This is a very comfortable, quiet and clean place to rest.
The staff are very nice.
The area is very safe.
Located in Nubes, 13 miles from San José, Posada Montserrat features a restaurant and free WiFi. Free private parking is available on site.There is room service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Alajuela is 20 miles from Posada Montserrat, and Escazú is 17 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 16 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Paraiso Orocay Lodge
Located in Paraíso in the region of Cartago, 17 miles from San José, Paraiso Orocay Lodge features a sun terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a shower. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Alajuela is 28 miles from Paraiso Orocay Lodge, and Escazú is 20 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- It’s a beautiful place to stay and enjoy the views of the mountains. The staff was very friendly, we enjoyed our stay at Orocay Lodge a lot.
They did not mind when our daughter joined us very nice of them to accept
Our daughter even tho we just booked for 2 people
- Nice location, no traffic noise, beautiful views, clean and modern rooms, nice continental breakfast including fruits, friendly owner.
- The bed was very comfortable and the view from the hotel grounds was pretty. The owners were also nice and helped us with our requests the best they could.
- Spectacular view that would be hard to beat. Nice staff. Hot water which is a bonus in Costa Rica! Quiet and peaceful. Home cooked food. Took about 50 mins to get to Irazu volcano from here-fantastic! Short drive to Lankester gardens for orchid lovers. Secure parking.
Hotel Boutique La Casona del Cafetal
Located in Cachí, 20 miles from San José, Hotel Boutique La Casona del Cafetal features a playground and views of the mountains. The hotel has a terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Alajuela is 31 miles from Hotel Boutique La Casona Cafetal, and Escazú is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- Beautiful location and scenery. The view from the restaurant is stunning. The food was delicious and also reasonably priced. The rooms were just perfect; clean, comfortable and well appointed. I would like to stay here again should the opportunity present itself.
- Top beds, spacious bathroom, quiet surrounding, friendly staff
- The setting by the lake is beautiful. We saw toucans in the trees and enjoyed excellent service. The breakfast was substantial and delicious.
- Very large room and bed in the middle of a coffee plantation
Beautiful location, great attention to detail. Quiet. Clean
Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort
One of our top picks in Cartago.Featuring free WiFi, Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort offers accommodations in Cartago. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the mountains, lake or pool are featured in certain rooms. Each room comes with a private bathroom. Superior rooms have a spa tub or a hot tub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.San José is 14 miles from Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort, and Alajuela is 25 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 18 miles from Hotel Rio Perlas Spa & Resort.
- I were in wooden cotage close to the lake, which is beautiful, pool is nice and warm, food in the restaurant rly good.
- The location in the middle of nature with the swimming pools and river
- The staff were extremely helpful. Our car got stuck trying to get there and they went out of their way to try to help us and sent someone to pick us up when we had to walk (do not follow the back roads there via Google Maps!). We were covered in mud and the housekeeper was able to clean all of our clothes for us very quickly. Nice porch off of the king room. The hot spring pool seemed nice but we just walked by, didn’t go in.
- The beds were really comfy- the Rio Perlas breakfast was really good when it was available which was only 3 days out of the 5 we were there
- I,enjoyed a lot the area, the private jungle,.the swimming pool.with thermal water was the best thing. And the spa.ia cute too.
Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Guayabo Lodge is located in Santa Cruz. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV is provided.There is a shared lounge at the property.San José is 24 miles from Guayabo Lodge, and Escazú is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 27 miles from Guayabo Lodge.
- The views were spectacular, comfy beds with lots of pillows and the staff always asking what they could do to help. Family owned and run with lots of special touches. The buffet breakfast was generous with eggs cooked to your request and we enjoyed both tasty dinners we had there too. Tours can be easily arranged and I went on a fun horseback ride with the horses coming right to the lodge.
- The staff is extremly helpful and cordial! They offer a great breakfast and dinner and from the rooms you have a great view of the valley and volcano. We enjoyed our stay there very much.
The countryside and mountain views are fantastic. The guest room was quite. It is quiet and relaxing overall.
The staff was friendly, helpful and pleasant.
We delt mostly with Julie/Julia and Cesar and they each are as accommodating and helpful as you could ask for.
- The staff were great, extremely helpful and went the extra mile to make sure our stay was enjoyable.
- Everything! Amaizing view, beautiful garden, comfy and clean room, super kind staff. Can’t complain about anything.
Hotel y Restaurante El Guarco
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Hotel y Restaurante El Guarco offers accommodations in Cartago. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room has a flat-screen TV. Enjoy a cup of coffee from your balcony or patio. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is room service at the property.San José is 11 miles from Hotel El Guarco, and Alajuela is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 15 miles from Hotel y Restaurante El Guarco.
A pretty good hotel on the outskirts of Cartago. With a bit of attention it could have been excellent.
There was a supplied clock radio. Unfortunately it did not seem possible to set it to the correct time. Surely this is something that any good hotel should have done. There was a water leak behind the toilet so the bathroom floor was perpetually damp. The wifi was weak, slow and unreliable. It was quite a cool day but there was no means of heating the room; the air-conditioner did not seem to have a heating function.
The restaurant was good. We both had a really good salad at a reasonable price. The included breakfast was excellent.
- It is very difficult to find a hotel in Costa Rica that would meet an american’s minimal expectations. Everything at this hotel is comfortable, clean and what you would expect from a nice hotel.
- Secure, clean, pleasant staff, and centrally located.
- The restaurant is awesome. Great service great food.
- Clean, good restaurant, covered parking. Probably one of the better hotels in Cartago
- A pretty good hotel on the outskirts of Cartago. With a bit of attention it could have been excellent.
Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares
Located in San José in the region of San José, 15 miles from Alajuela, Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares features a year-round outdoor pool and views of the city. The hotel has a sun terrace and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Escazú is 8 miles from Hyatt Place Pinares, and Heredia is 9 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tobías Bolaños International Airport, 9 miles from the property.
- The hotel is in a convenient location with many restaurant options right on location.
- Everything from check in to departure was smooth. Breakfast was outstanding. Staff excellent.no
- The room was clean and breakfast was really good (buffet, lots of options from fruits, pastries, breads, sausage…)
- Very nice and modern looking rooms. The hotel is located in a „shopping center“ where one can find a good choice of different restaurants. Very friendly staff and the breakfast was excellent (a lot of different choices).
Top Hotels In Sabanilla Cartago Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Sabanilla Cartago to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Sabanilla Cartago but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Sabanilla Cartago. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!