10 Best Hotels To Stay In Rye East Sussex – Top Hotel Reviews
Rye East Sussex is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Rye East Sussex. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rye East Sussex. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rye East Sussex. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Rye East Sussex right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Rye East Sussex with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Rye East Sussex:
Rye Lodge Hotel
One of our top picks in Rye.Rye Lodge Hotel & Spa is in the centre of the historical town of Rye, high on the East Cliff with views across the river. It has free Wi-Fi, free parking, a champagne bar and a swimming pool, spa bath and sauna.Rye Lodge Hotel & Spa is 650 feet from the High Street and the old shops, tearooms, pubs and restaurants. Rye Rail Station is 1,300 feet away and the lodge 350 feet from the Landgate, a monument built in 1326 as the entrance to the town.The Venetian Leisure Centre has a heated indoor swimming pool, a sauna and a spa bath. The Conservatory has a seating area.The individually decorated rooms have satellite TV, tea/coffee, radios and telephones.Room service is available.
- The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly
- Clean room, comfy bed, good facilities, excellent breakfast. Very friendly helpful staff especially the lady that serviced our room.
- Great location, very comfy pillows, staff very friendly
- All the staff were professional and friendly. Also very efficient when dealing with one or two very small issues.
- lovely place to stay handy for shops boats and the river
The Hope Anchor
One of our top picks in Rye.This mid-18th century former inn offers unique rooms, free Wi-Fi, and excellent views of Rye. Good food is served in the restaurant.Built around 1750 for local sailors and ship builders, The Hope Anchor is thought to have once sheltered the Tenterden Gang, who used its old secret passages for smuggling.Relax next to the log fire in traditional snug bar, and enjoy the individually styled bedrooms. Some rooms have four-poster beds, and there is a separate 200-year-old cottage.The historic Hope Anchor is a 3-star AA rated hotel and has an RAC food dining award and free parking.
- The bed was very comfy but we didn’t try the croissants
- the hotel was in a brilliant position with great views over the town and harbour. The bedroom facilities were excellent with a great size bathroom. Lots of mirrors and plugs.
- The whole hotel experience was brilliant, great breakfast too.
- The staff were very friendly and we parked right outside the hotel – excellent
- Hotel has a welcoming feel to it and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Comfortable and snug bar, often attended by friendly locals. Breakfast was very good. There are a couple of lounges, in addition to the bar, ideal for a quiet read of the paper or a game of cards. Hotel is situated overlooking Rye channel with splendid views and is close to the main shopping area.
Flackley Ash Hotel Restaurant & Spa
One of our top picks in Rye.Located in Rye, 27 miles from Canterbury, Flackley Ash Hotel Restaurant & Spa features free WiFi access and free private parking. The hotel has a terrace and spa center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV and DVD player are available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Eastbourne is 22 miles from Flackley Ash Hotel, and Hastings is 9 miles away. London Gatwick Airport is 39 miles from the property.
- The evening restaurant staff were amazing- professional and very friendly
- Swimming pool was warm and very popular with us all. The restaurant food was excellent too, if fairly highly priced.
Restaurant staff at breakfast were great, very helpful and recommended places for us to go. Lady when we checked out late morning was very nice too.
Room was very clean etc
- Lovely garden, evening dinner was very good, well cooked and tasty.
- Good sized room with good facilities and comfy bed and patio. Excellent breakfast.
The River Haven Hotel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The River Haven Hotel offers accommodations in Rye. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is featured.There is room service at the property.Canterbury is 28 miles from The River Haven Hotel, and Eastbourne is 23 miles away. London Gatwick Airport is 42 miles from the property.
- Nice position by the river. Big enough so no disturbance. Spacious room with ample facilities.
- Close to the town centre and the staff were very friendly. Excellent food!
- Good value hotel in a nice location with decent facilities and good sausages as part of the breakfast.
- Staff helpful and friendly. Made us feel like people not just a number
- Every thing in the Hotel was as expected for a short stay or for a long one ,clean and comfortable. There was no noise or disturbance by staff or other guests.
The George In Rye
One of our top picks in Rye.This luxury, stylish hideaway is located in the center of Rye and offers elegant, well-designed rooms, local wines and a restaurant menu infused with Mediterranean zest.The George presents a comfortable blend of old and new, creating an atmosphere which is relaxed, informal and individual. Dating from 1575, it has an enviable heritage, and even an original Georgian ballroom used for lavish weddings and banquets.The main focus of the bedrooms is comfort and style, each being individually designed with its own fabrics, color scheme and custom-made furniture. Indulge yourself with the marble-top baths with chrome power showers and Aveda products.
- We were upgraded to junior suite and it was perfect with an amazing bathroom.
- The bed was fantastic, the room was great. The breakfast was delicious. I wish I had stayed longer.
- Staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. Particularly Irene in the resturant. Breakfasts were amazing.
Nice vibe in the bar and restaurant, very welcoming staff on arrival.
Nice balance between traditional and modern standards of decor and ambiance.
Bedroom was really super
Interior decoration brilliant throughout whole hotel, wonderful spring planters everywhere and great outdoor areas with lovely plants
Really friendly staff
The Ship Inn
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Ship Inn offers accommodations in Rye, just 27 miles from Canterbury. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV is featured.Eastbourne is 23 miles from The Ship Inn, and Hastings is 9 miles away. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 42 miles from The Ship Inn.
- Very welcoming staff,wonderful location,hotel full of character and a superb restaurant and pub to boot.Room was soooo comfortable and clean.
- excellent service overall very very good Free WiFi poor
- Recently refurbished to a high standard with consistently friendly and helpful staff.
- Newly decorated and very clean. Very good granola. Lovely, friendly staff.
Newly refurbished room – room was a bit cramped, but very comfortable bed.
Breakfast was excellent, and also evening meal in lively pub restaurant. Staff were very friendly and efficient.
Mermaid Inn offers accommodations in Rye. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room is fitted with a TV. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Canterbury is 27 miles from Mermaid Inn, and Eastbourne is 23 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- The history and atmosphere of the building. Helpful staff.
- The staff were exceptional (on reception, delivering room service and then at breakfast). We arrived late and they went out of their way to calm us down and ensure we had a relaxing stay.
- Quaint, full of character, winding staircases and very nicely furnished communal areas.Staff were very helpful, and breakfast was superb.
- The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent
- The staff were lovely, local people who were obviously happy in their work and a pleasure to talk to. The history of the inn was fascinating. It was nice being on a cobbled street with only the occasional vehicle accessing the road.
Playden Oasts Hotel
Located in Rye, 27 miles from Canterbury, Playden Oasts Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. You will find a kettle in the room.Eastbourne is 24 miles from Playden Oasts Hotel, and Hastings is 10 miles from the property. London Gatwick Airport is 41 miles away.
People very friendly, very good VFM. A very relaxing enjoyable break.
I’ve been looking forward to this break for a long time and it did not disappoint!
Close to Rye and the weather was great. Will be back again soon.
- Great location with unique bedroom seting in a silo
- Good location. Restaurant was pleasantly designed and food very good.
- Great location and lovely oast houses. Food was good and breakfast was great
- The food was excellent!! Homemade fresh, delicious!
- People very friendly, very good VFM. A very relaxing enjoyable break.
Kings Head Inn
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Kings Head Inn offers accommodations in Rye. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Canterbury is 26 miles from Kings Head Inn, and Eastbourne is 24 miles from the property. London Gatwick Airport is 40 miles away.
- Dinner menu in Resturant and quality of food both for dinner and breakfast
- The location was good. 10 to 15 minute walk to rye centre
- The staff were very friendly. The accommodation was roomy and comfortable. The food was fantastic in the restaurant and the breakfast very good. Excellent value for money.
The room was big, big bed, good shower
My dog stayed with us for no extra cost and he was welcomed into bar for dinner and breakfast
- Excellent breakfast and dinner. Very friendly staff. Cosy rooms.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Opposite Camber’s golden beach, Gallivant Hotel has elegant rooms with homemade cookies and luxury toiletries. Just a 5-minute drive from Rye, the hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and free Wi-Fi.Beautifully decorated with driftwood furniture and local Sussex art, the nautical rooms at Gallivant feature handmade beds with Egyptian cotton linens, flat-screen TVs, and private bathrooms with luxury toiletries. Rooms also include fluffy bathrobes, free Wi-Fi, and DVD players.Decorated with a dark oak floor and white, wood shutters, the bistro serves modern British cuisine, using seasonal and local produce. Delicious cooked breakfasts are served daily, with continental and vegetarian options also available. There is also a spacious terrace with outdoor seating.On the scenic East Sussex coast, Camber Sands is a 3-minute walk over the sand dunes. Gallivant Hotel is a 20-minute drive from Bodiam Castle. The picturesque Rye Harbour is a 15-minute drive away, and historic Hastings can be reached in a 25-minute drive.
- Comfortable bed. Delicious food. Peace and quiet 🙂
We liked the friendliness of the staff.
The little extras in the bedroom were very nice
- Food was excellent staff were attentive and friendly
- Perfect location for the beach. Nicely decorated, good bathroom, comfortable bed. Good food. The coffee and cake at 4 was very welcome when we arrived.
- The staff were all so lovely and couldn’t do enough to help make our stay comfortable. The dog was made especially welcome!
Top Hotels In Rye East Sussex Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Rye East Sussex to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Rye East Sussex but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Rye East Sussex. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!