10 Best Hotels To Stay In Rydal Cumbria – Top Hotel Reviews
Rydal Cumbria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Rydal Cumbria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rydal Cumbria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rydal Cumbria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Rydal Cumbria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Rydal Cumbria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Rydal Cumbria:
The Unicorn inn
Featuring free WiFi, The Unicorn inn offers accommodations in Ambleside, just 4.5 miles from Windermere. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.Keswick is 14 miles from The Unicorn inn, and Bowness-on-Windermere is 5 miles away.
Staff were excellent. All of them were friendly and helpful.
The food was excellent. A big group of 13 of us was no problem for the chef.
Rooms and bathroom are a bit tired but clean and perfect for a single traveller.
What this lacks in the perfect room, is made up for by the friendliness of the staff.
I would definitely stay again!
- Very warm welcome, very friendly staff and owner, great food and The Chip Butty singer/ comedy act was fabulous!! Will definitely be back in the future, thanks for making our stay a great one ?
- Food and service was excellent! Eight of us had a meal,8 had just main meal,6 had desserts,not a crumb was left on any plate or dish! Would definitely recommend this place!
- Staff were friendly and accommodating and I enjoyed the “pub grub”
- Lovely welcome, great breakfast and extremely comfy bed and cosy room! Great selection of drinks- especially Gin!! Brilliant location – as expected no on site car parking as it is Ambleside! however there is a good long stay car park about 2 mins away very reasonably priced £15 for 3 days.
- Staff were excellent. All of them were friendly and helpful.
Featuring free WiFi, Queens Hotel offers accommodations in Ambleside. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.You will find a kettle in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is room service at the property.Windermere is 4.3 miles from Queens Hotel, and Keswick is 14 miles from the property.
- Staff where friendly and very helpful god location great value for money room wise nice choose of food for breakfast and could change something if u didn’t want it for something else
- Bed very comfortable a lovely breakfast and a great location.
The Queens was in centre of town very close to all ambleside had to offer.
Room was a single room small but had everything you needed.
Comfortable bed clean and fresh and very warm.
Window overlooks the front of the hotel.
Breakfast menu was excellent with plenty of choices to have.
It was a very good breakfast to start your day.
- Staff very friendly especially the chap on the front desk. Very entertaining and polite.
- Generally good value for money and central for getting out and about
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa
One of our top picks in Grasmere.Showcasing a terrace and spa center, The Daffodil Hotel & Spa is located in Grasmere in the region of Cumbria. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Windermere is 7 miles from Daffodil Hotel, and Keswick is 12 miles away.
- The whole stay was excellent. Would strongly recommend.
Upgrade on arrival.
Knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Very large variety at breakfast, fresh and tasty food.
Very clean throughout.
Spa was small but very clean and a welcome escape after a day walking.
Perfect location, on the shores of grasmere.
Beautiful views from room and restaurant.
Grasmere is beautiful!
- Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was large and comfortable. Bathroom was modern and spotless with an excellent powerful shower. Breafast buffet style which was always hot and kept filled. Evening meals although a little overpriced were delicious!
- My wife is a vegan and the attention and service we received to cater for this was excellent I couldn’t recommend this hotel any higher
- the walk in shower was good but not really disable friendly step in and out and no rail to hold
Rothay Manor Hotel
One of our best sellers in Ambleside! Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Rothay Manor Hotel offers accommodations in Ambleside, just 4.2 miles from Windermere. The hotel has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room has a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. Enjoy a cup of tea from your balcony or patio. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is room service at the property.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as biking, fishing and hiking. Keswick is 14 miles from Rothay Manor Hotel, and Bowness-on-Windermere is 5 miles away.
- Lovely dining room, very good breakfast and staff couldn’t be better ?
- The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The room was comfortable and the shower was great. There was plenty of car parking space and room to load the car outside the front door.
- Bathroom was superb. Room nice size. Food and staff excellent.
- Not just supremely comfortable but really beautiful;food faultless and staff efficient, cheerful, very helpful. A happy place.
- The quality of food at breakfast and especially dinner was fantastic.
Innkeeper’s Lodge Ambleside, Lake District
Located in Ambleside, 4.3 miles from Windermere, Innkeeper’s Lodge Ambleside, Lake District features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room.The area is popular for biking and hiking. The inn also provides bike rental. Keswick is 14 miles from White Lion Ambleside, and Bowness-on-Windermere is 5 miles away.
- The location was fantastic. This was my first visit to the Lake District and I would definitely go back and stay at the Innkeepers Lodge and have recommended it to all my friends and family
- very friendly staff, good location, food wasn’t mega
- it is in the centre of everything warm inviting dog friendly and the food is lovely rooms are cozy and warm and a array of real ale
- The room was very comfortable and staff made you feel very welcome and not rushed I really like how you had the room till 12 also …
- Continental breakfast good with plenty of choice. & location of hotel is fantastic
The Ambleside Salutation Hotel & Spa
Showcasing a terrace and hot spring bath, The Ambleside Salutation Hotel & Spa is located in Ambleside, just 4.4 miles from Windermere. The hotel has a hot tub and sauna, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Some rooms have a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have bathrobes and slippers. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV is available.You will find room service at the property.Keswick is 14 miles from Ambleside Salutation, and Bowness-on-Windermere is 5 miles from the property.
- Breakfast was amazing, spa was lovely and very clean, everything was more than expected and definetly worth every penny, will be booking to go back very soon for a nice break
Good standard throughout, extremely clean and great breakfast (evening food and service was good too!). Good size double room with great shower.
Lovely bar seating area, drinks good (albeit on the pricey side).
Secure hotel parking with plenty of spaces.
- Hot tub was lovely an staff couldn’t do enough for you?
- The hotel was very good, from the moment we arrived to checkout. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful nothing is too much . The Spa is of a high standard and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was really nice, there was a lot of choice from cereals fresh fry’s d of course a full English. I’ve stayed in numerous hotels in the Lake District over the years but I would definitely rate the Salutation and Spa at Ambleside as the best.
- Perfect location with spa facilities restaurant bar and parking. What else could you need or want!
Macdonald Swan Hotel
The Swan at Grasmere has elegant, cosy lounges and traditional rooms with free mineral water and satellite TVs. The centre of Grasmere is within a 10-minute walk.Set in the Lake District National Park, all of the rooms at the 17th-century Swan Hotel have tea/coffee facilities and large desks. Some rooms have countryside or garden views.Walkers Bar features a fireplace, local ales and a traditional menu of homemade local dishes. Waggoner’s Restaurant offers a modern British menu of local produce, and a large international wine list.Macdonald Swan Hotel has free parking and there are many walking routes close by. Ambleside is 5 miles from the property, and Windermere is 9 miles away.
- The Swan Hotel is an old property oozing character and overlooking a stunning landscape. The staff were very friendly, approachable and helpful.
- We liked the courtesy of the staff,the helpfulness of the cleaning lady to carry our case down stairs,and the variety of breakfasts.
- The bedroom was great for a family and the beds were very comfortable. Lots of wardrobe and drawer space, 2 TV’s, great kettle and iron, nice dressing table area and two comfy chairs, fantastic view of the hills, lovely bathroom. The staff were all very polite and friendly and the atmosphere was cosy with lovely soft covered armchairs and benches with soft cushions in reds and golds and roaring fireplaces in the bar, restaurant and lounge. It really made a most welcome retreat.
- Very comfortable place to stay; very friendly staff.
- The bed very comfortable,good choice of breakfast.Having breakfast until 10 is good.
The Inn At Grasmere
One of our top picks in Grasmere.Set in Grasmere, The Inn At Grasmere has an indoor swimming pool, stylish rooms and a mini-gym. On site, Lilliputs Leisure Centre features a sauna, steam room and spa bath. Limited car parking is available on site free of charge.All of the en suite rooms at The Inn At Grasmere have free WiFi, as well as a power shower.1769 Bar & Restaurant features a traditional menu of seasonal, locally sourced ingredients with the hotel’s Lakeland Pub offering a selection of real ales and bar meals. The Glass House Cafe serves snacks and afternoon tea in the tranquil views of the fells.Set in the picturesque Lake District, there are two 18-hole golf courses, each within 10 miles of the property. There are also many walking routes in the vicinity.
nice and modern decor
- breakfast cooked to perfection, meals at night were good value for money
- Central location staff friendly & helpful. Plenty of choice on breakfast menu.
- The room was charming, the décor very pleasing. Comfy bed and everywhere was very clean.
- The bed was comfy and the room was nice except for some low beams which were easy to bump your head on, there was a nice view.
- nice and modern decor
Dale Lodge Hotel
One of our top picks in Grasmere.Set in 3 acres of mature grounds, Dale Lodge Hotel is a period property with traditional charm. Located in the heart of the Lake District, it features a popular restaurant, bar and modern bedrooms.Each of the individually designed rooms has a private bathroom, and features a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee facilities and luxury bathrobes. Some rooms have garden views.Hotel Dale Lodge is a refurbished Georgian building with original features, located in the peaceful village of Grasmere. Free parking is available on site, and free Wi-Fi is also accessible throughout the hotel.The Lodge Restaurant serves locally sourced dishes by candlelight. Tweedies Bar features a wood-burner, and offers a selection of British Ales. Guests are also welcome to explore the extensive hotel grounds.Dale Lodge is situated just 4 miles from central Ambleside and 20 minutes from Windermere. The hotel offers a central and scenic location, with walking and hiking routes available just outside.
- Angelica is a star. A real credit to the Hotel. Our room was perfect thanks to her. Bed very comfy, room very clean and tidy and views I wanted to take home with me. Will be back again soon.
- Clean and comfortable, perfect location in the centre of Grasmere
- You get more than you paid for. For example. On arrival cake & coffee or tea. That’s class!
- Best night’s sleep ever! Beautiful bedroom and stunning location
- The setting was indeed magical. Staff were welcoming and breakfasts were excellent. Although the hotel was full, everywhere was peaceful and quiet.
Bridge House Hotel
Bridge House Hotel offers accommodations in Grasmere. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Views of the mountains, river or garden are featured in certain rooms.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Windermere is 7 miles from Bridge House Hotel, and Keswick is 11 miles away.
- Room was lovely and spacious with a great view, all the staff was so accommodating and friendly.
- It was in a perfect location, all staff were warm and welcoming and the lounge area for a drink great. Had a fab breakfast.
- Spacious rooms good tasting food comfy beds friendly staff, dogs can stay.
It is an old English Hotel which is what we really like. The room was very large. It had two large chest of drawers, a real closet, and a seating area in the bay window that looked out on the garden. The bathroom was very adequate and had a good shower. The double bed was quite comfortable. Everything was very clean.
The dining/bar and lounge area was clean and spacious. The staff was really nice and helpful. They even allowed us to used the hotel washing machine to do a load of wash.
- nice comfy room polite staff lovely breakfast tasty evening meal lovely setting we will stay with you again thank you
Top Hotels In Rydal Cumbria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Rydal Cumbria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Rydal Cumbria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Rydal Cumbria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!