10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ruines Auvergne – Top Hotel Reviews
Ruines Auvergne is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ruines Auvergne. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ruines Auvergne. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ruines Auvergne. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ruines Auvergne right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ruines Auvergne with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ruines Auvergne:
Garabit Hotel is located in the Cantal countryside on the river Truyère, overlooking the Garabit viaduct. The hotel has an all-weather swimming pool, garden and a children’s playground.All guestrooms at the Garabit have elevator access, private bathrooms, TV and free Wi-Fi.Guests can enjoy the hotel’s restaurant, which offers panoramic views of the river.There are numerous hiking and cycling routes near the Garabit Hotel. The A75 road is one mile from the hotel and free parking is provided.
- Location very attractive. Dining tables well laid. Room and bathroom clean.
The friendly staff (although the first contact was bit cold)
Nice swimming pool
- The rooms where clean but very dated, the staff was unfriendly and only speak French, the diner was on plastic table and chairs but the prices where like a 3 star restaurant. The staff was not friendly and the bar closed at 21.00 !!!! In the morning at the breakfast table we asked for an boiled egg and the staff laughed at us. but they charged 9 euro pp for an breakfast.
- Fantastic loft room with a view! The hotel was clean, tidy and packed with lots of character. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. If passing this way again would definitely use this hotel
Very nice views for the rear bedrooms with the Garabit viaduc in the background (designed by Eiffel).
Very convenient parking.
The location is very quiet.
Hôtel Beau Site
The Beau Site is located in Loubaresse, in the Auvergne region. It features a heated outdoor swimming pool, a tennis court and gastronomic dining with stunning views of the Garabit Viaduct.All rooms at Beau Site have a flat-screen TV and private bathroom with a bath tub and bathroom amenities. Free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms and throughout the hotel.The restaurant at Beau Site serves a range of innovative and regional dishes. Both the dining room and the shaded outdoor terrace offer far-reaching views of the viaduct, which was built by Gustave Eiffel.Beau Site hotel is a 5-minute drive from A75 highway and 8.1 mi south of Saint-Flour. Free parking is available on site.
- We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel . The views all around where spectacular we wished we could have stayed longer. The food was excellent and the room was larger than expected with comfortable beds which was very nice . The private patio with chairs was an added bonus.
Beautiful location, outstanding scenery.
Easy access to motorway.
- As always we are made to feel welcome from the moment we arrive, the room was large and comfortable, the food is always good.
- We deliberately stayed here for a second time while en route through France because we enjoyed it so much a couple of years ago. Peaceful location, large garden, good pool and worth it for the restaurant alone.
- Nice rooms with shutters. plenty of clothes storage space. Stunning scenery of lake,boats the viaduct and hills around. Lovely patio, swimming pool/gardens/tennis court and children’s play area. Food was excellent. Garages available for motorcycles.
Hôtel Cantal Cottages
Located 1,000 feet from the A75 Motorway, this hotel offers modern, soundproofed rooms with free Wi-Fi and private bathroom with shower. Saint-Flour Train Station is a 5-minute drive away.Set in individual cottages with a private entrance, the air-conditioned rooms at Hôtel Cantal are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a telephone and a desk.A buffet breakfast is served each morning in the hotel’s bright and modern breakfast room.The historical city of Saint-Flour is 3.1 mi away and the Alleuze Castle is 8.1 mi from Hôtel Cantal. A free car park is available on site.
Convenient for, as in our case, overnight stop
Would recommend to any one especially if the have pets
- Access to motorway and Saint Flour also direct parking outside room
- Easy self check-in. Was delayed in arriving so self check-in was brilliant and very convenient. Will definitely be staying here again.
- Good value for money and ideal position next to the motorway.
- Convenient location, simple basic facilities, clean and reasonable room to put things.
- Convenient for, as in our case, overnight stop
Hôtel du Bout du Monde
Hôtel du Bout du Monde is located in the Auvergne region, a 10-minute drive from both the town of Saint Flour and access to the A75 motorway. It features free Wi-Fi access, an indoor swimming pool and an on-site restaurant with a panoramic view of the valley.Each room includes a wardrobe, a desk and a private bathroom with a bath or shower and free toiletries. A continental breakfast is served daily, and can be taken up to your room.You can relax in the hotel’s garden, which also has a children’s playground. There is also a bar and a pool table. Trout fishing is possible in the Ander River, 350 feet from the hotel.
- The hotel is in the country and secluded. The hotel can do with a refresh, but, it’s OK for now and in a way, the place is charming. Very clean and spotless. Food is excellent and way underpriced for the quality.
- Quiet. Very pleasant staff. Good Menu du Jour (evening meal). Good breakfast
- Setting. Evening meal was great value and of a good quality
- The location was very calming and relaxing.The swimming amenities were very good. At the head of the valley was a perfect position
- Great little pool for younger kids. Nearby town had good traditional French shops/bakeries/etc. Lovely scenery.
Deltour Hôtel St Flour
This charming hotel is located high-up in a quiet area overlooking the picturesque village of Saint-Flour. Enjoy free parking on site and spacious rooms featuring free Wi-Fi internet access.With a simple décor, all of the rooms at Deltour Hôtel St Flour feature a satellite TV and an en suite shower.The Deltour Hôtel St Flour makes a peaceful base for discovering the green and volcanic landscape of the Auvergne region. This region is perfect for outdoor activities including cycling, horse riding and fishing.
Good value for the price paid.
Breakfast was also good value.
Friendly receptionist who spoke fairly good English, which helped us as we speak no French.
- How quiet it was and how comfortable the room was.
Facilities were basic and perfect for our over night stay, room was warm, bed was comfy shower was powerful and hot, perfectly located next to the motorway easy to find.
We arrived late, and they went out of there way to check us in and leave our keys safly outside.
- Location, easy to find off motorway. Short walking distance into town with choice of restaurants and bars. Great view of old town. Secure parking.
- Room was like a prison cell, but quite a good view from the very small window
- Good value for the price paid.
Château de Varillettes
Château de Varillettes is located in Saint-Georges, 3.1 mi from the village of Saint-Flour. This 15th-century chateau sits on a 1 hectare park, which features a medieval garden, a heated swimming pool and a tennis court.Rooms in the chateau are en suite with a bath, free toiletries, a hair dryer and a bathrobe and slippers. There is also a radio, a wardrobe and a view of the garden or the Margeride mountains.Free Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout the chateau and free parking is provided onsite. Just 6.2 mi from Château de Varillettes you will find activities such as horse riding and canoeing.
- Interesting chateau. Very good quirky and tasteful decor
The castle is amazing, the rooms are cosy and beautiful and well restored… I think the staff is really super nice and helpful and happy to help.
The restaurant is really amazing, the dinner was so delicious and the service is great.
The breakfast is really great but a bit expensive but products are fresh and local do it can explain the price, I suppose. The room where the breakfast is served is fabulous as many other rooms in the castle.
Our classic room was very cosy with lovely view over the beautiful gardens, it was very peaceful and very quiet.
Overall a magical stay for us.
We will be back for more !!!!!
- Everything. Charming old château. More than we expected. Amazing restaurant and food.
- Overall great location, venue and service. Only 3 minutes from motorway on theire own grounds. You can walk trough french gardens or sit in castle lobby with medieval decoration. You will become totally Zen here. Nice breakfast and dining.
- Excellent breakfast. Beautifull, charming Chateau in a quiet rural area, yet close to St. Flour. The pool and gardens are very refreshing after a long drive. The restaurant is also excellent.
Hôtel La Méridienne
Located in Anglards-de-Saint-Flour, Hôtel La Méridienne has a garden and a terrace. Offering a restaurant, the property also features a shared lounge and a bar. Free WiFi is at guests’ disposal.The rooms in Hôtel La Méridienne are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Rooms include a electric tea pot and a private bathroom, while selected rooms also feature a balcony and some have garden views. Guest rooms include a desk.Hôtel La Méridienne offers a continental or buffet breakfast.Hôtel La Méridienne has a playground. Guests at Hôtel La Méridienne will be able to enjoy activities in and around Anglards-de-Saint-Flour, like hiking.Blesle is 22 miles from Hôtel La Méridienne, while Saint-Flour is 4.3 miles away. The nearest airport is Aurillac Airport, 37 miles from the property.
- The setting and the quality and presentation of the food, staff was very helpful when we arrived early on a wet and cold afternoon
- The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The food was to a high standard if possibly a little over complicated. The room was large and well equipped. The outside areas were excellent, verdant, spacious and well equipped with little gazebos of seating for distinct groups as well as a small play area for smaller children.
- Very easy to find (always a big bonus) just off the A75. Good sized bedroom overlooking the garden. Extremely pleasant owners who allowed us to check in even though we arrived early. Very pretty restaurant with good views and excellent four course meal for 20 euros.
- I arrived after dinner service was finished but the lady at reception quickly prepared me a whole tray of lots of different dishes of food! Excellent!
- Une literie confortable et propre dans une chambre bien équipée pour notre passage à Saint-Flour : une cité médiévale au charme très cantalien . L’accueil souriant et plaisant des propriétaires . Un petit déjeuner dans une salle spacieuse avec un buffet sucré-salé très varié . Nous ne restions qu’une nuit car les vacances auvergnates s’achevaient et nous reviendrons savourer la table du Chef de cuisine car les parfums de ses plats embaumaient le hall d’accueil à notre retour en soirée d’une visite d’amis dans les environs .
Hôtel Restaurant du Pont-Vieux
Hôtel Restaurant du Pont-Vieux is located in Saint-Flour, just 2,650 feet form the Saint-Flour Cathedral. It is 1,300 feet from Saint-Four Train Station and offers free Wi-Fi internet access.The guest rooms at Hôtel Restaurant du Pont-Vieux are simply decorated and include carpet flooring and a wardrobe. The private bathrooms are fitted with a shower and free toiletries.Regional cuisine and local specialties can be enjoyed in the hotel’s on-site restaurant and a buffet-style breakfast is served every morning.Free private parking is available on site and exit 29 of the A75 motorway is just 2.5 mi away. The property is 7.5 mi from the Garabit Viaduct and 30 mi from Brioude.
- The accommodation was basic but clean and comfortable. the proprietor was friendly and spoke very good English (and was happy for me to practice my French!). He was happy to lat me park my motorcycle in his garage. Very easy to find being, as the name implies, right opposite the old bridge (there are only two bridges to choose from and the old one is closed to traffic, so very easy to spot). The cafe-bar stays open to a reasonable hour, so it is possible to get a beer quite late (unlike many French bars, which seem to close before 8.30pm)
- Friendly, helpful staff. The owner let me park my motorbike in his garage for the night.
- Excellent breakfast value, for 7 Euros. Host/owner/manager was especially hospitable and friendly. I loved his greeting me at the door (after a long, difficult day), and the extra attention and dessert that he gave me. Highly recommend this place!
- Especially the fine food at the restaurant which also proved excellent value for money. The owner? spoke good English and was very friendly and helpful
- Lovely location, friendly staff, tasty food and lovely hot shower.
Citotel Grand Hotel L’Etape
One of our top picks in Saint-Flour.Citotel Grand Hotel L’Etape is located at the foot of the medieval town of Saint-Flour.Rooms are fully-equipped and have free WiFi internet access. Some of the rooms provide a view over the garden and the hills.The restaurant serves flavorful regional specialties prepared using only local produce.The Grand Hotel L’Etape is in the Ander Valley are guests can walk along the Ander River. Parking is available on site.
- Friendly young girl on reception when we arrived. Nice sunny room at the back overlooking the high town of Saint Flour. Good breakfast.
- Staff were friendly and the food in the restaurant was good
- Great find fantastic food and caring staff.we will return.
- Garage parking for our motorcycle, excellent food, family run
- A very clean and well maintained hotel. We had an excellent room on the 5th floor with a balcony and seating. No air conditioning but the room was spacious and airy. Receptionist (Sarah) was vey helpful. Superb garage facility for cars and motorbikes to the rear of the hotel (free for motorbikes, not sure if there is a charge for cars). Very good quality towels and bedding. We could not fault this hotel and consider it to be a very good choice for a last minute booking when another property, unfortunately, could no longer offer us a secure parking garage. The hotel is not in the old town but has a good selection of restaurants in the immediate area; unfortunately the hotel restaurant was closed on the night we were there as the kitchen looks superb.
Hôtel-Restaurant les Planchettes
Offering free WiFi throughout, Hôtel-Restaurant les Planchettes is set within a garden in Saint-Flour, just 2,150 feet from Saint-Flour Cathedral. Guests are invited to relax on the terrace.The guest rooms at Hôtel-Restaurant les Planchettes have a view on the countryside and include a wardrobe and a desk. Some of the rooms have a private bathroom and some have a TV and a telephone.A buffet-style breakfast can be enjoyed every morning in the breakfast area and other meals are served in the hotel’s restaurant. Full board or half board is available upon request.Free private parking is available on site and exit 29 of the A75 motorway is 3.4 mi away. The property is 1.6 mi from Saint-Flour – Chaudes-Aigues Train Station and a 40-minute drive from Brioude.
- Exceptional building and grounds with stunning views perched on top of a hill. Basic but spotlessly clean. I liked the quaintness of the place regardless of the sparseness – I believe an old monastery. The village is also lovely. If you’re travelling on the A75 this is worth a try.
- Great location and breakfast. Bonus is the old building. Didn’t mind sharing bathrooms as there was no one else in our area.
- Lived the views and atmosphere, old seminary building on top of a hill, my kids and husband loved it!
- Light airy room, lots of space, doubtlessly clean.
- We knew the property would be basic, and it was, but that gave it charm! Our room was tiny- but we knew that, after all the rooms had been Nuns cells! Our view from our room was good, and the walk into St Flour was easy. Parking also easy. After the hot weather we experienced from the South, the cool air off the hills was very welcome.
Top Hotels In Ruines Auvergne Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ruines Auvergne to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ruines Auvergne but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ruines Auvergne. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!