10 Best Hotels To Stay In Rowhedge Essex – Top Hotel Reviews
Rowhedge Essex is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Rowhedge Essex. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rowhedge Essex. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rowhedge Essex. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Rowhedge Essex right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Rowhedge Essex with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Rowhedge Essex:
Wivenhoe House Hotel
Located in Colchester, 26 miles from Southend-on-Sea, Wivenhoe House Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Every room has a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Ipswich is 15 miles from Wivenhoe House Hotel, and Chelmsford is 23 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 24 miles from Wivenhoe House Hotel.
- Stayed in the Grade 2 listed building (there is also a modern block) in a room with a vaulted ceiling, beams and windows on two sides. Very comfortable bed and spacious sitting area. Staff were courteous, thoughtful and efficient. Many of the staff are students studying hotel management / catering at the university and they could not be faulted. It was a hot day and they brought iced water to our room, just in case we needed it. Delicious food. Easy parking.
The staff at the hotel were very helpful and attentive.
Rooms are very well laid out, clean and relatively modern.
- The staff was polite and hotel was very clean great value
- The room is very neat, bathroom ok. Bed very comfy.
- amazing place… great value of money. worth every penny
One of our top picks in Colchester – and a guest favorite.
Located 3.6 miles from Colchester Zoo in Colchester, GreyFriars features a restaurant and bar. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Some units have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- Very helpful staff, lovely room, great atmosphere. Many thanks!
Great location, super room and meals.
Very good value for money and helpful and pleasant staff
- Everything, could not be faulted at all. Excellent personalised customer service, extremely accommodating and skillful chef to meet our special requests and produce top quality food, beautiful hotel, very comfortable room, room facilities and extras and great location. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning. Fantastic value for money
- Clean, tidy and classy. The cocktail bar was brilliant, they make a perfect old fashioned
- Lovely service. Stunning rooms with marble bathrooms. Breakfast in bed was amazing. Best scrambled eggs I’ve ever had. Nice to have a relatively late check out, meant you didn’t feel rushed to leave. Bar lounge had a lovely ambience and decor. Nothing was too much for the stay. Perfect location in the town centre. Can’t wait to stay again.
The George Hotel
One of our top picks in Colchester.Featuring free WiFi, The George Hotel offers accommodations in Colchester. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.The rooms have a TV. Each room comes with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Southend-on-Sea is 26 miles from The George Hotel, and Ipswich is 16 miles away. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- Location wise it was great and the beds were comfy.
- Old world charm. .large rooms . Clean & well apointed chairs tables
- It was olde world and shabbily comfortable, felt very at home. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming. The breakfasts were great and we enjoyed baked potatoes and salad in the evenings.
- Great location and the age of the building gives it so much character and charm.
- Location was great and I liked the atmosphere in the lobby seating area and bar.
ST. BOTOLPH’S HOTEL COLCHESTER
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, ST. BOTOLPH’S HOTEL COLCHESTER offers accommodations in Colchester. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 24 miles from ST. BOTOLPH’S HOTEL COLCHESTER.
- Breakfast is served based on your choice from the menu; The restaurant serves good food, including Hungarian meals; Owner is helpful
- The staff were excellent – friendly and helpful. The food was fantastic – excellent value for money. Breakfast was included in the price and was really good. Real home cooking with lovely touches in the way of herbs and spices. Great hotel.
- Staff friendly, particularly Hungarian owner. Very good and well selected wines, homemade brown bread and quality jam, very good cooked breakfasts. Room very spacious.
- Lovely clean room, very helpful manager, excellent cooked breakfast.
- Manager was nice and at least stayed until I arrived. Had I not phoned for directions would the hotel have still been open????
Brook Red Lion Hotel
Located in the town centre of Colchester, the Grade I-listed Brook Red Lion Hotel is 1.5 miles from the Merville Barracks and 2 miles from the University of Essex. The Red Lion is ideal for Colchester Hospital, Colchester Castle, town centre shopping and Colchester Zoo.All 24 bedrooms, with original Tudor features, have a flat-screen multi-channel TV, complementary tea and coffee and a work desk, alongside a private bathroom.Dating back to 1485, the Parliament Restaurant has a large choice of dishes, all freshly prepared by a team of chefs. There is a 24-hour front desk, residents bar, free WiFi and discounted car parking.Colchester town train station is a 2 minute walk away and it offers direct routes to London Liverpool Street.
- The bed was very comfortable. The TV had very good picture and reception.
- The room was big and really nice with a confortable bed, and a big bathroom. The personal of the hotel was friendly and the receptionist gave us wonderful advise about where to go or where to eat. Great Hotel!
- Staff are wonderful… friendly, helpful.. special thanks to Lucy & Adam for Looking after us, most enjoyable evening 😍 Perfect location for town amenities.
- Room 2 faces the High Street which was noisy until the small hours.
- I asked for a first floor room which the hotel provided
Best Western The Rose & Crown Hotel
Occupying a 14th-century traveler’s inn, the award-winning Best Western Rose and Crown Hotel is just a 15 minute walk from the center of historic Colchester.The Rose and Crown offers guests both modern and oak-beam rooms, which all include free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs with Freeview cable channels, tea and coffee-making facilities, and private bathrooms.Food and drink at the Rose and Crown is provided at both the formal hotel restaurant and the Tudor Bar and Brasserie with its real log fires. All food is home-produced and made using seasonal ingredients.
The room was well presented.
- Very nice personnel in the hotel, reception, bar and breakfast room
Food ordered at the bar was also good.
Staff helpful and friendly.
I would definitely stay here again.
- A pleasant old hotel, perfect location for visiting our family.
- Lovely Olde Worlde Inn. Staff excellent and great friendly atmosphere. Food excellent. We had a standard double room which was very clean, bathroom quite modern and very clean. Shower good, although we had to watch the shower screen as it leaked at the bottom. Plenty of tea/coffee supplies and bed comfortable.
- The room was well presented.
One of our best sellers in Colchester! With free parking and free Wi-Fi, this Tudor building dates back to 1604 and is situated on the banks of the Colne River, close to Colchester’s town center and the train station.Originally built in the 17th century, the Riverside Hotel has 18 rooms all with private bathrooms and tea/coffee making facilities. Both of Colchester’s train stations are just a short walk away, with London Liverpool Street only 50 minutes away by train. The port of Harwich is also within easy reach.Colchester is England’s oldest recorded town and the hotel makes a great base from which to explore the area’s Roman, Saxon and Norman heritage. Colchester Castle and its beautiful grounds are just a short journey away. The East Anglian coastline is also within easy reach, as is Flatford Mill, the inspiration for John Constable’s The Hay Wain. The hotel is just a short distance from the leisure center, the theater and Colchester Zoo, with nightclubs and Colchester’s main business parks also close by.
- Good location, in a charming half-timbered house, near restaurants and a bus stop. Friendly and serviceminded staff. We were able to check in at 12 o’clock (AM). Good breakfast. Calm at night.
- We just needed an over night and wanted breakfast. This hotel did exactly what we wanted. The room was basic but comfortable and the breakfast was great. Would stay here again.
- Breakfast prepared specifically for guests. The location is very good and easily accessible.
- Free parking, free breakfast, pretty old building, close to restaurants, ensuite.
- Okay location, near to shops and town centre. Car park has just enough space to park we got the last space, the couple who came after us had trouble parking.
The North Hill Hotel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The North Hill Hotel offers accommodations in Colchester, just 26 miles from Southend-on-Sea. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Ipswich is 16 miles from The North Hill Hotel, and Chelmsford is 21 miles away. London Southend Airport is 24 miles from the property.
- We always enjoy staying at this hotel. All the staff are so polite and helpful, and the meals that bit “special“ and delicious! We would both highly recommend a stay here!!
- Friendly and informative staff. Very clean. Deluxe rooms excellent with large modern bathroom. Plenty of tea and coffee. Rooms at rear of property quite for location. Exceptionally breakfast continental and cooked.
- Extremely comfortable bed. Lovely quiet room. Very attractive courtyard [covered] to relax in where we had cocktails! super meal in very attractive restaurant. very good value for money. all staff very friendly.
Very cosy place with a friendly staff, smiling and helpful
Eggs benedicts were delicious
- Very good breakfast, clean room, very comfortable and well made infrastructures. The staff was very polite. The room was giving the feeling of relaxation. Excellent location, next to the centre. I suggest it if you visit Colchester.
Star Anglia Hotel
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Star Anglia Hotel offers accommodations in Colchester. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge and a hairdresser’s at the property.Southend-on-Sea is 26 miles from Star Anglia Hotel, and Ipswich is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Southend Airport, 24 miles from the property.
A Single room was more than large enough for a 1/2 nights stay. The hotel was clean and tidy and well presented. For the price paid, it easily surpasses those around it and in the same price bracket.
A very well cooked full English Breakfast was also included in the price.
- Great hotel good location lovely size rooms, great staff loved this hotel will be back
- CLEAN,GOOD LOCATION FRIENDLY STAFF ,COMFORTABLE ROOM.WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK?
- Comfortable bed, well organised clean bathroom with shower, card operated system for electricity, elevator available, relaxingplace on 1st floor, conference room, tv-equipped, tea and coffee on a plate in the room, busstops on max 30m, railwaystation on 350m, nice citycenter with many many restaurants and pubs at 300m, medieval castle with park, riverside walk,… value for money!
- The location was good and central. The breakfast was high quality and varied. The room was a lot bigger than I expected and the bed was very comfortable.
- A Single room was more than large enough for a 1/2 nights stay. The hotel was clean and tidy and well presented. For the price paid, it easily surpasses those around it and in the same price bracket.
Blue Ivy Hotel
Located in Colchester, 3.3 miles from Colchester Zoo, Blue Ivy Hotel features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.London Southend Airport is 24 miles away.
- This is simply the friendliest hotel in Colchester
- Very clean, friendly and lovely breakfast. Quiet room . Staff very helpful especially the manager.
- Location was great with free parking and breakfast included. Lovely room.
- Hotel is unique. Overall look of hotel rooms are lovely.
- Everyone very cheerful & the Spanish owner was delightful, very outgoing & friendly. Spending 4 months a year in Spain, the Spanish Tapas menu was a very pleasant surprise for us, although a couple were slightly overcooked for our liking. Great location just off the High St & very convenient for the Mercury Theatre we were attending on Saturday evening.
Top Hotels In Rowhedge Essex Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Rowhedge Essex to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Rowhedge Essex but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Rowhedge Essex. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!