10 Best Hotels To Stay In Rouen Upper Normandy – Top Hotel Reviews
Rouen Upper Normandy is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Rouen Upper Normandy. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rouen Upper Normandy. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rouen Upper Normandy. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Rouen Upper Normandy right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Rouen Upper Normandy with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Rouen Upper Normandy:
The friendly staff at Astrid will be happy to help you 24 hours a day and can advise you on making the most out of your stay in Rouen.Thanks to the Astrid’s central location you will only ever by a few minutes from Rouen’s attractions, such as Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Joan of Arc Tower. Free Wi-Fi access is also available.
- Bed was OK . It was difficult to reach the hotel and the parking facilities were not really nice. I know that all the road work at the centre of the town made things difficult.
- The staff were extremely friendly & helpful car parking was very handy over the road behind the train station the hotel was cheap & cheerful it did what it said on the tin nice breakfast for €8 extra
Location next to train station. Very nice receptionists during the day.
- GOOD LOCATION, METERS AWAY FROM THE GARE/TRAIN STATION…
- It is a good place for students taking DELF DALF exams because it is just 5 mn walk from Alliance Francais.
Campanile Rouen Mermoz
All guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom with a bath or shower.A buffet breakfast is available every morning at the property. Guests can dine in the in-house restaurant, which specializes in French cuisine.Languages spoken at the 24-hour front desk include English and Spanish.Saint-Gatien Airport is 46 miles from the property.
- food good & room large size. £20 for 2 course evening meal excellent value
- Good breakfast. Free secure parking. Good sized room
- Very clean . Staff were nice. Car was in a locked area felt very safe
- We had a wonderful stay. The front desk staff were so helpful the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had a lovely supper and a good breakfast. I recommend this hotel
- Huge room and modern. Lovely bathroom. Air conditioned but you can also open large window, staff lovely, food good value. Parking onsite
Mercure Rouen Centre Cathédrale
The Mercure Rouen Centre Cathédrale serves a full breakfast, which can be enjoyed in the comfort of your room and an express breakfast option. Guests can also enjoy a drink in the hotel bar.The Place du Vieux Marché (the old market) and the Gros Horloge are within easy walking distance of the Mercure Rouen Centre. Rouen Train Station is situated just 0.6 miles away and underground, private parking is available on site.
- Breakfast is excellent. Beds comfortable. Room was very quiet although in the city centre, but perhaps because our room ( 111) was facing a wall at the back of the hotel, so no view.
- Staff very helpful and cleanliness good. Had a quiet room which lived up to expectations but was dark-see comment above.
- The hotel is in the absolute center of Rouen and all interesting sightseeing locations around. And offers a parking place in the basement. Perfect!
- I absolutely love this place! Everything was perfect!
- The hotel is literally next to the Central Cathedral. This means that we got to see it in the morning light, at dusk and anytime we walked out. It’s amazing how the cathedral looks so different under different conditions! The reception staff were very friendly and gave us excellent suggestions for dinner. They also e-mailed us detailed instructions on how to drive to the hotel which were very helpful indeed. There is a bollard in the city centre and we were given an access code to punch in. The only thing that stressed us a little was the car park, which was very narrow at the entrance.
Brit Hotel Confort Rouen Centre
Rooms at Brit Hotel Confort Rouen Centre are equipped with a desk and flat-screen TV with satellite channels.A buffet breakfast can be enjoyed every morning. Vending machines are available.The Medical Training Center is 2,150 feet from the property. Brit Hotel Confort Rouen Centre is 0.9 miles from Rouen Cathedral and an 8-minute drive from Rouen-Rive-Droite Train Station.
- Buffet breakfast, adequet room for 1 night stay and walking distance to centre.
- Everything was clean and functioned well. Quiet at night. Staff was friendly and helpful.
- Nice room and bathroom, lovely little outside space to sit in the sunshine, restaurant on site with basic menu. Close enough to get to ferry port and on secure on site parking for motorbikes
- It is a good value for money hotel. Nothing special, a bit noisy, but in general OK for 1-2 nights.
- The location was great, not to far from the city centre but far enough for it to be quiet. The staff was friendly. OK for 1 night, wouldn’t recommend for a longer stay.
Hôtel de l’Europe
Guest rooms are uniquely decorated and equipped with a private bathroom, satellite TV and Wi-Fi internet access.Le 89, the 24-hour hotel bar offers a wide variety of whiskies and calvados. You can enjoy a glass of wine and snack food on site. Room service is also available upon request and guests can enjoy a variety of dishes prepared with local farm products.Hotel de l’Europe provides a laundry and dry cleaning service. There is also free use of an Ipad for reading or researching the local area.Guests have reduced fares ot the public car park located nearby.
- Friendly staff. When I asked for an other room I got 2 options to choose from.
The location was the best thing about this hotel as it is situated in the old town near to key sites.
Our bed was very comfortable.
There was public parking nearby.
- The hotel is located at a very central location in city center. There is also a public carpark very closed to the hotel which you will pay EUR10 for 16 hours of parking. Good accommodation for short stay-over.
- Location was very good for visiting Rouen. Close enough to walk to the train station. Close to the market/restaurants.
- Very good location, easy walk to city centre. Very clean room.
Alive Hotel De Quebec
Start the day with a buffet breakfast, which can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own room with an extra cost.Spend the day exploring the narrow streets of the nearby old town, with its antique shops and pretty churches. Guests can relax in the common lounge area.Rouen Rive Droite Train Station is a 20-minute walk from the hotel. Théâtre des Arts tram stop is 2,650 feet away.
Breakfast was very good.
The room and shower was very small.
- The room was clean, but drab. The proprietors were very welcoming and helped me with my luggage that was too heavy. Very grateful. The location is good, you can get most places on foot.
- The bed was comfy after a long plane ride. The management at the desk were VERY friendly and courteous. The breakfast was a good value and enjoyable. Convenient to the old quarter and most of the sites I wanted to visit. There is a little Pizzeria down the road very good and convenient! So nice to be able to stop back for a short afternoon nap to help recover from Jet Lag!
- Great staff, Great location, staff gave advice about not too expensive restaurants and it was delicious! We booked a family room and have enjoyed our stay!
- It was an emergency booking and we had no choice. It was ok but the room was basic .
- Breakfast was very good.
A buffet breakfast with pastries, cold meats and eggs is served daily in the dining area and drinks can be enjoyed in the bar and lounge area.Hotel Bonaparte is a 12-minute walk from Rouen Train Station and 2,150 feet from the Cathedral. Saint-Maclou Church is 800 feet away.
- The hotel is in a great central location, and it was really good value all things considered. Unusually for hotels like this, it has parking – however spaces are limited, and access to the underground car park is very steep (I actually liked this for the fun factor of it, but it would be a challenge for some). The room was small, but clean – and quite comfortable too. The overall feel of the place is good – I would stay here again, certainly.
a little bit shabby hotel, but it even adds the charm
central location and good value for money
- great position and on site parking, although charged
- The decor might not be to everyone’s taste but we loved it especially after staying in Ibis hotels . It was a welcome change. Parking is available @ €10 a night , it is a very steep drive & listen to receptionists instructions .Very comfy bed & linen was good quality. In the bathroom they provided loads of towels , toothbrushes & even a shaving kit. The hotel is very central & great value for money.We had a great nights sleep & cannot wait to return.
- It was better than expected, and great value for the money compared to other places in the region. The bed was comfy with big pillows, and there’s other amenities in the room (TV, instant coffee, toiletries, etc.), that we didn’t get with more expensive rooms at other places. The location is great and there’s public parking nearby. Bathroom is clean, but could probably use an update.
Hôtel De La Cathédrale
All of the individually decorated rooms feature flat-screen TVs and cable channels, and some include a lounge area. The en suite bathrooms at Hotel De La Cathédrale are equipped with hairdryers.A buffet-style breakfast can be enjoyed every morning in the hotel’s breakfast room, decorated in a traditional Norman style.The Rouen-Rive-Droite Train Station is located just 1 miles from the hotel and the Church of St. Ouen is a 5-minute walk away.
This hotel was very handy to the town centre and just down the lane from the Cathedral and the histories of Jeanne d Arc.
We do not speak French but the staff could speak both French and English. They went out of their way to help us.
There was a wide variety of food supplied for the continental breakfast which was very nice.
Our train did not leave until after check-out but the hotel had a room for baggage.
There was also a lovely courtyard to sit and relax in.
- Location was excellent, staff very friendly & helpful, with a very good breakfast.
- Quite location, comfortable room and excellant Breakfast
- Location, location , location. Iconic building, rather eccentric, original French hotel, historical
- The lobby and public spaces are lovely. The location is ideal. The breakfast was very good. The staff were extremely helpful.
- This hotel was very handy to the town centre and just down the lane from the Cathedral and the histories of Jeanne d Arc.
Le Vieux Carré
Le Vieux Carré’s restaurant provides daily continental breakfast and lunch. In the afternoon, it turns into a tea room, serving gourmet pastries. Guests can enjoy their meals outdoors, in the courtyard.Each room at Le Vieux Carré is equipped with a TV and a telephone. The private bathrooms all feature a bathtub. Free Wi-Fi access is available in the rooms and in the entire hotel.The common living room features exposed beams and wooden furniture. Guests can relax in the armchairs, by the fireplace.Le Vieux Carré is 1,300 feet from Notre-Dame Cathedral and 1,500 feet from Rouen’s Museum of Fine Arts.
- The location was great. The inner courtyard was very cute and it was relaxing to sit there.
- Perfect location, right in the middle of Rouen! Great pizza restaurant 30 second walk away called pizzeria de drugstore. Bed was comfy. Car park was only 1 min walk away. We prepaid online
Pretty courtyard in a old area of town with interesting surrounding area with little squares, cafes and shops.
- Perfect location. Near the museums and easy access from the train station. I the heart of a very nice district. Had a minor issue with the room. The staff tried to correct the issue as best they could. Upon check out they asked if we were pleased and without us asking they were reduced our rate in good will to make-up for the inconvenient
- Amazing location – right in the town centre and not far from a good underground car park. The rooms were nicely furnished and the hotel itself was stunning and historic. I’d completely recommend this place to anyone and will definitely stay here again next time I’m in the area.
A continental breakfast is served each morning, except on Sundays and French public holidays. The Inities’s bar and brasserie restaurant offers regional cuisine and a view of the Palais de Justice.Hôtel Les Inities is just 500 feet from the Gros-Horloge and a 5-minute walk from the Notre-Dame Cathedrale. It is an ideal base to explore the historic capital city of Normandy.
- Good location in city centre very near main sights and restaurants/bars
- Located within ten minute walk to Cathedral, museums, train station, shopping, river, variety of restaurants. Rooms overlook the Palais de Justice and its beautiful night lighting. Very clean and comfortable room. Placement of shower and toilet require some dexterity. Strong Wifi.
- Location is excellent. Didn’t meet any staff as we checked in on Sunday. Luckily she picked up the phone and guided us in.
- Friendly staff, cleanliness and excellent position. Cost x benefit OK. I would recommend to friends and relatives.
- Friendly staff. Great location. Basic amenities but had everything you would need for an overnight stay.
Top Hotels In Rouen Upper Normandy Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Rouen Upper Normandy to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Rouen Upper Normandy but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Rouen Upper Normandy. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!